NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:27 am

Post by dramonic »

I think you overestimate some people's abilities
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:34 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 500, dramonic wrote:I think you overestimate some people's abilities
How is that an overestimation? Is it really too much to think that someone can have a consistent, naturally progressing read?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:36 am

Post by dramonic »

Welcome to Mafiascum
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Inferno390 »

That is a weaksause response. A good read doesn’t go back and contradict itself when re-examined. You’re far too old of a player to be saying that this sort of discrepancy just “happens.”

That’s enough to garner my vote.
VOTE: dramonic
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:45 am

Post by dramonic »

Man you are gonna be really disappointed with people.
Not everyone is like that, but players like Gustavo are clearly [REDACTED]
I'm a hoot
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 497, dramonic wrote:I see less "caught for the reason" and more "you guys are idiots for scumreading me because I'm town and therefore cannot be scummy"
This is what I got out of it as well.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 504, dramonic wrote:Man you are gonna be really disappointed with people.
Not everyone is like that, but players like Gustavo are clearly [REDACTED]
Well I’m not gonna deny that.
But even a player like Gustavo doesn’t just go around contradicting themselves that explicitly between two posts. And it would have been one thing if he had said, “Oh, your stance isn’t great, but another thing that bothered me more is...” Sure, it would have been odd given the thread so far, but I can least see that making some sense. But that’s not what happened. He came right out and said “Oh, I’m not reading you because of this, it’s actually something else.” And previous posts showed that that was expressively not the case.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:05 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 348, the worst wrote:
In post 232, Elbirn wrote:@Both of you, What made that post notable or good when it was nothing? Like it's really self serving for Rasko to like it so lul
Fwiw this was about when I decided Inferno was an early townread. I don't really think you're interested in why I found the post noteworthy though? Like let me know if you're after something here.
Actually yeah I do want to know, which was why i brought it up. The post was apparently enough for two people to declare it the first "GoodPost" of the game AND to get a town read off of it, but at the time I rolled my eyes at it. I want to know your thought process.
In post 485, dramonic wrote:
In post 475, brassherald wrote:Re , I'm not going to say I have a great explanation, but dramonic's posts just feel like scum posting. It's pure gut, and no real evidence, yeah, but, like everything feels like he's too calculated, I guess would be the right phrase, to be town.

I also don't think is a town post, but, again, I can't quite put my finger on why.

My dramonic read is purely instinct, and I cannot read his posts and tell my stupid instinct with my brain that it's being stupid.
Those tags lead to your own post and the OP, so I'm assumin you screwed up something in there :neutral:
Also I might come off as calculated because I have to actually think about how I post. My normal posting style is not chill at all. XD
Disclaimer I don't know Dram hardly at all but can confirm that my impression of him from speakeasy has been the opposite of chill and seeing all these xD smiles faces and such is like being winked at by Lucifer
In post 489, Inferno390 wrote: But someone else I’ve been stuck on is Elbirn. I keep rereading his ISO and thee is something really odd about his posting. I can’t figure out what though.
VOTE: Skygazer
Boy you do not get to jump on a flash wagon for no reason while also shading me. Tell the class why I'm a scummy scum butt
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:07 am

Post by brassherald »

Not game related, but, what exactly is speakeasy?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 493, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 490, Flubbernugget wrote:The majority of the votes in this game have had words around them but are effectively naked votes
Well Skygazer has an effectively naked ISO.
Not really sure what else to say about it.
They're not the only one. Why skygazer over Ausuka?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:17 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 496, davesaz wrote:
In post 490, Flubbernugget wrote:The majority of the votes in this game have had words around them but are effectively naked votes
That's a nice observation but what does it mean to you?
It means this game is likely a town loss.

Why does it matter what it means to me?

Why can I say something like that and have the town take a minimal note of it and continue to play as they were?

Why are you challenging me on this instead of taking action on how unacceptable it is?
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:31 am

Post by Inferno390 »

@Elbirn: I never said you were scummy. I just said your ISO was off and I didn’t know why.

@Flubber: It’s post #115. Calling Rask’s RVS vote LAMIST is a far stretch to begin with, and then there’s the fact that I started using the term first at that point and it got plucked out of it’s original context to be used to attack Rask. It feels very piggyback-y.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Ausuka »

I don't think it's true that my ISO is naked, I have definitely given content.

Don't think I stated this explicitly but my issue with Flubber was the thing MOI pointed out: the point on Rask being scum coasting made no sense that early.

VOTE: Skygazer is a good wagon.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Ausuka »

@tw; I think profii's general attitude towards Gustavo is good and his tone lacks a kind of (endearing awkwardness? again I don't know the right word for it but I feel like there's something present in his scumplay like this) that makes him hard to lynch and isn't really present here.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Skygazer »

These generic scum reads on me makes it hard for me to even discus why yall are wrong.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:38 am

Post by Skygazer »

In any case I don't see why people are lumping me in with dave and chickadee.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:38 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 511, Inferno390 wrote:@Elbirn: I never said you were scummy. I just said your ISO was off and I didn’t know why.
But then what does this even mean? If feeling like I'm "off" doesnt mean that you feel like I'm scummy then what even do you intend to convey mate?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:42 am

Post by Skygazer »

Because of the lack of reads I find it likely that someone on my wagon is opportunistic scum. I'm phone posting so I'll reread that when I get inside.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:42 am

Post by Skygazer »

*lack of reasons not lack of reads
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:49 am

Post by brassherald »

Trying not to dominate discussions again, so I'll probably take a backseat for a few hours at least after this, but my main issue with the iso for Skygazer is that there are 18 posts, one of which is substance light, the rest do nothing.

We are far enough in that a lack of content while still posting every few hours, to me, is scummy. I get the feeling that Sky is posting to be like "Well, I'm not lurking" and saying just enough to remember he is making posts, but not actually saying anything in the posts to deliberately avoid being a scum read. Once you get to 18 posts, I feel like there should be some posts that moves the game forward, unless you are Not_Mafia, but that's neither here nor there.

So, Sky is a good wagon.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:55 am

Post by profii »

I’ll post a bit more tonight if I get time after the World Cup. I have a couple of scum reads to share shortly

Interesting that Gus is still being discussed - someone made the point earlier that it’s tricky to be that bizarre and be scum because keeping all the lies in line with each other would be tough.

However - if you think about it, it’s an easy meta to reproduce, you can just be flip floppy on everything and accuse everyone else of being against you for unclear reasons

I am leaning the former not the latter but I intend to largely disregard Gus’ existence
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:56 am

Post by Skygazer »

@brass: Which post of mine is the one with substance in your opinion? I can't tell looking at my iso.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:56 am

Post by Skygazer »

I see a few posts that qualify as substance.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:58 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 521, Skygazer wrote:@brass: Which post of mine is the one with substance in your opinion? I can't tell looking at my iso.
and the fact that you are asking me which I think has substance instead of trying to point out actual substance or make a post of substance. Well, not winning you any town points, here.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:00 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

In post 478, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Inferno
- In regards to I understand your point of view but I have a strong opinion that post count has absolutely nothing to do with content provided. Heck I would argue that I have more readable and parseable content than several of the top 5 posters in this game despite not having a high post count. I don't think it is automatically anti-Town to be a hyper poster as long as you

A. understand that page count can be an anti-Town barrier just as much if not moreso than the wall-posting
B. there is nothing inherently wrong with someone only posting 3 to 5 times in a 24 hour period as long as said posts have readable content.

So when you called out all players under 20 posts as needing to provide content you appeared to be using an arbitrary post count threshold instead of a content threshold. Which I found problematic.
I think postcount:content ratio can be a nice metric... Like, even if you have many posts half of them may be not useful at all (Ducky is guilty, but I love his fluffposting still) and even if you have a wallpost every 24 hours (hello there, me in part of my games) that can be townie...
In post 479, HitAlt wrote:Dave+SkyGazer+chick.

Please don't N1 kill me so that I can see you all hang.
VOTE: SkyGazer first?
I like
In post 481, brassherald wrote:Why SkyGazer as a first pick? I feel weird about the one slot I can't remember any of the posts from at this point but I'm not sure it is sufficient for me to support lynching that slot
That can be the issue exactly

Apart from that I think there isn't a whole lot of amazing content and the reads feel somewhat easy and go-with-the-group but that's my $0.02
In post 499, Inferno390 wrote:See, what really bothers me in hindsight was the fact that Gustavo started acumreading Profii by saying he didn’t like his stances on no lynch, and then came back about 200 posts later and said that Profii’s stance on No Lynch had nothing to do with the read. The fact that when I pointed out there wasn’t even an attempt to defend the point doesn’t help either, but that’s a pretty big discrepancy that I’m having trouble moving past.
I honestly think that part of Gus' thought process is Profii must misunderstand me --> misrep --> scum :/
In post 514, Skygazer wrote:These generic scum reads on me makes it hard for me to even discus why yall are wrong.
In post 515, Skygazer wrote:In any case I don't see why people are lumping me in with dave and chickadee.
Well you can try no

Why are dave and chickadee sscum? you seem to imply they are.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”