NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Elbirn »

Aw sweet I rolled scum! That's one down guys, climb on board!

VOTE: Elbirn
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #75 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 26, profii wrote:
In post 22, Elbirn wrote:Aw sweet I rolled scum! That's one down guys, climb on board!

Ah look, some WIFOM, this will help us
I take it you don't want on this ride? I mean. I'm giving you a freebie here. Why won't you take it? Don't you want dead scum? :(
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #77 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 76, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 75, Elbirn wrote:
In post 22, Elbirn wrote:Aw sweet I rolled scum! That's one down guys, climb on board!

I take it you don't want on this ride? I mean. I'm giving you a freebie here. Why won't you take it? Don't you want dead scum? :(
Gosh fricking darn, Elbirn!
On one hand, this seems like such a troll thing to say, it’s almost NAI.
On the other, this response pings me to all heck. It feels totally off.

Sounds like you should be voting for me, fren
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #79 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Mmmm I thought about it but I'd really rather commit to my gimmick here

I'd really like to find out why infernos pussy-footing around voting me, for example
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #84 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 80, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 78, profii wrote:
In post 73, Raskolnikov wrote:VOTE: No Lynch :shifty:
Well this is worse than giving us yourself as scum, Elbirn. Wanna wagon your scum buddy here?
I would hardly call this scummy. It’s well within RVS. It is odd tho.
I would vote you Elbirn , but I’m flip flopping like crazy.
A day 1 no lynch is suboptimal for towns win con in like..every conceivable scenario if I'm not mistaken?Its also refusing to generate content at a time when we most need to begin generating content.

You admit it's odd. What do you think their motivation is?
In post 81, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 79, Elbirn wrote:Mmmm I thought about it but I'd really rather commit to my gimmick here

I'd really like to find out why infernos pussy-footing around voting me, for example
Because the WIFOM in your scumclaim made me incredibly unsure on how to interpret it.
This, however, feels off. It seems like you’re trying to use me as a way to do a 1v1 to look more towny.
Why do you think my motivation is to look more townie? Why haven't you voted me yet?

VOTE: Inferno
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #122 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by Elbirn »

No one understands my genius

Also what the fuck is LAMIST
How long have I been gone for that you people have entirely new acronyms

I'm gonna unpack some things tomorrow, I just wanted to post meaningless nothings here because I like attention
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #125 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 123, Skygazer wrote:"Look at me I'm so town"

I was just as confused when I first saw it.
Oh I can already tell this is my least favorite new buzzword

From the makers of WIFOM, your go to kitchen appliance when you just need to throw away someone's argument based on nothing, IT'S LAMIST!

Tired of players who are just too darned good at making their alignment known? Need a way to discredit would-be town leaders, but can't handle the shit storm that would come from you suggesting that 'maybe...they're TOO town"?

Well with just two quick sprays of LAMIST, you'll eradicate
stubborn grass stains
even the most obvious of obvtown, we guarantee it!*

*Warning guarantee is not actually a guarantee your results may vary
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #232 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Elbirn »

I'm just gonna dump my ass in a spoiler because wallposts are cancerous. Open at your own peril.

Spoiler: Inferno
In post 76, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 75, Elbirn wrote:

Gosh fricking darn, Elbirn!
On one hand, this seems like such a troll thing to say, it’s almost NAI.
On the other, this response pings me to all heck. It feels totally off.
In post 81, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 79, Elbirn wrote:Mmmm I thought about it but I'd really rather commit to my gimmick here

Because the WIFOM in your scumclaim made me incredibly unsure on how to interpret it.
This, however, feels off. It seems like you’re trying to use me as a way to do a 1v1 to look more towny.
Posts 76 is tonally really bad/fake to me, but I've begun to wonder if that's just how Inferno posts. I don't like the lack of commitment, because spoiler alert, all I want is to make people commit to stances and generate discussion. Being denied that is what really prompted me to push his buttons.

Post 81 though, this 1v1 paranoia is something he's brought up a few times, and I'm not sure it's something I'd expect scum to have on their mind. Like..If I'm playing scum and someone's drawing me into a conversation, my first instinct of things to post is not "You're scum trying to trap me/earn towncred". I might think town is trying to trap me, but I'm not going to accuse the other person of being scum. No? Yes?
In post 87, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 82, profii wrote:
In post 80, Inferno390 wrote:
Well this is worse than giving us yourself as scum, Elbirn. Wanna wagon your scum buddy here?
I would hardly call this scummy. It’s well within RVS. It is odd tho.
I would vote you Elbirn , but I’m flip flopping like crazy.
No lynching on day 1 is actively not scum hunting

Self voting is super dumb because it is wifom between omg is he brave scum or is he OMG double bluffing for reaction tests- at least in town!elbirns world he is reaction testing but the question I would ask is, let me know if you get anything useful? You generally don’t

Ideally I say we move on from both of these but no voting on day 1 in my mind is worse than a self vote haha.
I agree that a No Lynch on D1 is a bad idea.
But I also think that during RVS, something like that can’t be read at face value. There is simply not enough info to make a call on whether it’s scum behavior or not.
Now, if we get later into the day and the slot still seems fishy, that’s when I’d come back and say that this was sus. At this point tho, the WIFOM element in play is too strong to make any sort of call. It’s just discussion generating at best.
On another note, I would almost call scum doing this sort of this a triple bluff, where the whole point is to lead people into thinking it’s a double bluff. IMO it’s not nearly as bad as self voting in RVS, because that generates like 0 discussion while a No Lynch at least generates some.
In post 99, Inferno390 wrote:@Elbirn
Okay, so here’s what I’m seeing. You self claim as scum. Profit points out the WIFOM. You immediately begin this passive aggressive push on him. That on the front looks like scumhunting, but feels totally off. I say I don’t know where to place you because on one hand, what you’re posting reads trolly town but tonally feels a lot more like fishing for a 1v1 than for scum. You accuse me of pussy footing. I restate my reason and say that I don’t think that Rask’s play is scum indicative at this point. You come back and tell me I’m wrong about Rask and then ask me why I think he’s doing it, which is a really odd series of events anyways, and then you question my read on what you’re doing, complain about me voting you, and then vote me for pressure.

At this point this whole thing feels like an attempt to maneuver yourself into a position where you can 1v1 and do a bunch of LAMIST stuff under the guise of that. The whole passive aggressive thing feels very sus.

Also, I find it amusing that people are saying that Rask’s vote generates no discussion while we’re sitting here literally discussing it.
Post 99 is just restatements of facts with no actual critical thinking. You still haven't told me why you think Rask voted no-lynch, hell you could have told me "I don't know", I just want to see what you think their motivation is. I'd like to know why the WIFOM of an RVS no-lynch is worth discussion, while the self-vote is worth 0 discussion...while we're sitting here literally discussing it. You seem interested in defending the no-lynch vote while discrediting my self-vote as worthless.

UNVOTE:

Inferno I'm going to let you in on a secret, I don't think you're scum I just want to hear your words and prod people in their brains until I see the light within them
In post 95, the worst wrote:
In post 91, Raskolnikov wrote:Inferno wins first notable goodpost award ()

VOTE: davesz
read my mind wrt ferno
@Both of you, What made that post notable or good when it was nothing? Like it's really self serving for Rasko to like it so lul
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #233 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Elbirn »

VOTE: Gustavo
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #331 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 329, Raskolnikov wrote:Actually elbirn kinda did though he dropped it
What have I done? I'm having difficulty parsing your posts and I don't know if it's just me or idk :(
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #507 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:05 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 348, the worst wrote:
In post 232, Elbirn wrote:@Both of you, What made that post notable or good when it was nothing? Like it's really self serving for Rasko to like it so lul
Fwiw this was about when I decided Inferno was an early townread. I don't really think you're interested in why I found the post noteworthy though? Like let me know if you're after something here.
Actually yeah I do want to know, which was why i brought it up. The post was apparently enough for two people to declare it the first "GoodPost" of the game AND to get a town read off of it, but at the time I rolled my eyes at it. I want to know your thought process.
In post 485, dramonic wrote:
In post 475, brassherald wrote:Re , I'm not going to say I have a great explanation, but dramonic's posts just feel like scum posting. It's pure gut, and no real evidence, yeah, but, like everything feels like he's too calculated, I guess would be the right phrase, to be town.

I also don't think is a town post, but, again, I can't quite put my finger on why.

My dramonic read is purely instinct, and I cannot read his posts and tell my stupid instinct with my brain that it's being stupid.
Those tags lead to your own post and the OP, so I'm assumin you screwed up something in there :neutral:
Also I might come off as calculated because I have to actually think about how I post. My normal posting style is not chill at all. XD
Disclaimer I don't know Dram hardly at all but can confirm that my impression of him from speakeasy has been the opposite of chill and seeing all these xD smiles faces and such is like being winked at by Lucifer
In post 489, Inferno390 wrote: But someone else I’ve been stuck on is Elbirn. I keep rereading his ISO and thee is something really odd about his posting. I can’t figure out what though.
VOTE: Skygazer
Boy you do not get to jump on a flash wagon for no reason while also shading me. Tell the class why I'm a scummy scum butt
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #516 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:38 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 511, Inferno390 wrote:@Elbirn: I never said you were scummy. I just said your ISO was off and I didn’t know why.
But then what does this even mean? If feeling like I'm "off" doesnt mean that you feel like I'm scummy then what even do you intend to convey mate?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #580 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 525, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 516, Elbirn wrote:
In post 511, Inferno390 wrote:@Elbirn: I never said you were scummy. I just said your ISO was off and I didn’t know why.
But then what does this even mean? If feeling like I'm "off" doesnt mean that you feel like I'm scummy then what even do you intend to convey mate?
There’s something tonally pinging about your posts but I can’t tell if it’s just your playstyle or something else.
You’re not necessarily scummy, just someone I need to take another look at so I can sort you.
Please do so asap and report your findings, wishywashy weaksauce does not sit well with me.

In post 533, Chickadee wrote:@Flubber - you asked why I am town reading Ausuka. I just pulled a few things.

I like that Ausuka was producingcontent early on and forming reads. And more importantly, I like the actual content they were producing.
In post 127, Ausuka wrote:
Why is this scummy to you?
In post 130, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: Skygazer

I feel like the description of raskol's NL vote as "LAMIST" is probably the scummiest thing in the thread so far.
With this next quote, I just cant see any scum motivation in it. It's an effort on Ausuka's part to stop the toxic behaivor, and scum benefits more from sitting back.
In post 286, Ausuka wrote:As said previously {inferno, gustavo, profii} likely contains 0 scum and scum have probably been watching town implode so far. Let's try to put some focus on the real scum please instead of this. Is anyone willing to defend flubber?
In post 536, Flubbernugget wrote:Chick, mediating arguments is NAI because scum doesn't have to reason about alignment to be able to do it.
DING DING DING

Easiest way to grab towncred is to feign level headedness and act like you want a cohesive town, it requires zero analysis or effort towards game solving but makes you look good. Especially useful considering that going "hey guys stop arguing" does *absolutely nothing to stop an argument*

In other words your argument is weak sauce grrl
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #582 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 581, Flubbernugget wrote:So do you actually have a read on Ausuka or nah
Oh heavens no I just like to talk shit. I'm at work right now and that post was the best contribution I could muster
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #583 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I think if anything my post should be read as a critique of chick, who I have got rumblies about
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #625 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 617, HitAlt wrote:
In post 602, davesaz wrote:I'm gonna give you some self-meta, calmly and relatively gently.
While I think you are scum here, I also think you wrote this more or less from the heart.

Outside of this game: You have no need to take peoples reads on you personally.
I do not know you on a personal level, but I have seen and played with you enough to say that I really have no trouble believing you are a very honest person.
A person with high moral standards.
I also know it can suck that the sites meta (and the overall direction it might be evolving towards) is not in your favor or to your liking.
I've "lost" many a pastime and community over the years simply because I either couldn't or simply wouldn't adapt to the changes that came with the times.

I'm not sure why I wrote all this, but I hope you don't feel bad about people scumreading you.
I think

*puffs bubble pipe*

That hitalt might be playing nice with someone he knows is town
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #626 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 596, xyzzy wrote: - Elbirn, you can be incorrect without being scummy, and it's worthwhile to point out when people are wrong.

[...]

VOTE: Inferno390
Did you link to the right post up there because I don't follow what you're saying or how you seem to defend inferno but then vote him
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #627 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Yeah hitalt has lackluster posts, overly focused on team building without any real reasoning, blah blah I don't like him today

VOTE: HitAlt
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #629 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I'm really confused.

The post you linked in that post was my response to inferno saying "you feel off but you're not scummy" which I did not understand. It also didn't include inferno saying I'm wrong.

We are talking past each other can we start over :/
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #633 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Hi taly, who is your favorite power ranger and why?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #636 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 635, Taly wrote: Double-checked my Role PM, based off a quick ISO skim,
Dave
played consistent to what I know town-him to be which makes me feel better about meta-ing him accurately.
Elbirn wrote:Hi taly, who is your favorite power ranger and why?
I don't know which version I grew up watching so I'm going to default to whichever is purple because they have good fucking taste
*thumbs up*

Do you have any thoughts you want to share at the moment?

>Read and claims to have a townread on his predecessor
>Favorite power ranger is one that does not exist

REEEEEEEEEEEE-

VOTE: Taly

-EEEEEEE
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #655 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:36 am

Post by Elbirn »

Am I literally insane for thinking that Taly is scum for babbling about having a meta read on his own predecessor Dave? One of the oldest scum tells in the book, albeit I've forgotten the name of it, but yeah no one? Anyone? Bueller?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #657 (isolation #22) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Elbirn »

I don't have much of a fully fledged opinion about him other than what I said earlier, which I wanted to pick up and run with and pretend to be all hyper confident about but i don't think he's scum with Dave/Taly slot so here we are, trapped in the amber of this moment.

At any rate his nonsensical babble about having a team-solve and trying to push that through is, if not scummy, certainly bad play
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #658 (isolation #23) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 656, Inferno390 wrote:@Elbrin: Yeah, that’s one of the things that really pings me. About Taly’s enterance. Anything else about it you don’t like?
Also, talk to me about hit. I want to hear some opinions on him.
Oh and i didn't realize you had asked for more Taly thoughts. Everything else was fine, though since I already went and thought "hey wow you're scum based on this one thing" I have an immediate paranoia that with all that sucking up to me that he did, hes scum trying to pocket me.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #673 (isolation #24) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 659, Taly wrote:
@Elbirn

I didn't say I had a meta read on
Dave
- I didn't read any part of this thread prior to replacing in if that's what you're meaning, I'm saying,
Dave
plays to what I feel like town-him is, and that makes me feel better about meta-reading him or accurately reading him in the future.

And what team-solve are you talking about? I'm stating my reads and thoughts as I read.
Its entirely possible that I'm being pedantic or failing at reading comprehension, but my interpretation of what you said was basically "Hi, I'm replacing dave! *reads Dave's posts* yup, he sure is town!"

Like, youd never need to do that. You know your own slots alignment.

Even if I'm wrong in my understanding of that post, it's really weird that you'd take the time to declare that this will help you read him in future games. It's useless to mention this game and is an awkward way of saying "I'm town btw"

As for team solving, that post was talking about hitalt, not you. I apologize if i wawaswawasnwawaswawasnt clear there, and I left that string of nonsense up there because this is what my phone does and I want you all to share in the pain of 20 minute phone posts

Pedit: lol did not read past few hours of posts
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #674 (isolation #25) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Elbirn »

For the record I would denounce acronyms and buzzwords regardless of alignment. It's not a good way to play and is basically psychological tricks masquerading as actual knowledge/thought.

FOUR LEGS GOOD
TWO LEGS BAD
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #701 (isolation #26) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:32 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 680, HitAlt wrote:
In post 657, Elbirn wrote:At any rate his nonsensical babble about having a team-solve and trying to push that through is, if not scummy, certainly bad play
I'm better at detecting those kind of moves though.
And I do not mind stirring the soup any chance I get because I already have a large spreadsheet brewing..
Trying to determine a team on day 1 with no flips is a literally useless endeavor. You have minimal information and hardly any justification for a lynch. It sounds like you picked three names out of a hat, said "okay these three are scum", and then rather than having solid reasoning for lynching any of them, your reasoning became the fact that you picked them out of a hat.

Like if you're still alive in a few days and have something for us to chew on I'm all ears but right now I really don't think you're using your time wisely if you're town, and I'd be much more inclined to listen if you had a case on an individual
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #702 (isolation #27) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Taly:

Please read my words thanks

I never called your posts nonsensical babble. You misunderheard me talking to hitalt. I tried to explain that in an earlier post but you must have skipped it. I'm not trying to be corrosive to you as you say. Let's be cool.

With that being said I also think you have far too negative a reaction to scrutiny. If me not having an immediate positive reaction to you makes you doubt your read on me then you're letting emotions cloud your judgement. Take a deep breath m8. Remember your mantras and shit. Goosefraba. This is a happy place and, in my view at least, a p chill game.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #708 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 705, HitAlt wrote:I don't case individuals D1.
If you don't have enough information to deduce anyone individual as scum then you can not possibly have enough information to team solve. Your process is literally backwards.

UNVOTE:

I'm beginning to feel less like im playing mafia and more like I'm just being pedantic and grumpy at people over theory so I'm gonna rethink my life
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #794 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I decided that hitalt isn't scummy so much as hes playing poorly

I'm sure tomorrow I'll flip a coin and change my mind again

Jokes on all of you I don't play mafia nearly so much as join mafia games to shitpost and enjoy the social atmosphere, enjoy being trapped with me for the next few months
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #795 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Speaking of which, I've done fuckall to gamesolve but everyone in this game townreads me. Guarantee scum cozying up to me in hope that my whimsical and flippant nature can make me easy to sway, or something.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1000 (isolation #31) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Elbirn »

Prod me harder daddy

In post 866, Flubbernugget wrote: Elbrin is still scum, and shame on you all for letting the "I'm blatantly acting like scum but explicitly pointing that out so it's all okay" schtick fly under the radar.
In post 978, Flubbernugget wrote:
Spoiler: the one post from Elbrin with content that doesn't involve tunnelling inferno
In post 507, Elbirn wrote:
In post 348, the worst wrote:
In post 232, Elbirn wrote:@Both of you, What made that post notable or good when it was nothing? Like it's really self serving for Rasko to like it so lul
Fwiw this was about when I decided Inferno was an early townread. I don't really think you're interested in why I found the post noteworthy though? Like let me know if you're after something here.
Actually yeah I do want to know, which was why i brought it up. The post was apparently enough for two people to declare it the first "GoodPost" of the game AND to get a town read off of it, but at the time I rolled my eyes at it. I want to know your thought process.
In post 485, dramonic wrote:
In post 475, brassherald wrote:Re , I'm not going to say I have a great explanation, but dramonic's posts just feel like scum posting. It's pure gut, and no real evidence, yeah, but, like everything feels like he's too calculated, I guess would be the right phrase, to be town.

I also don't think is a town post, but, again, I can't quite put my finger on why.

My dramonic read is purely instinct, and I cannot read his posts and tell my stupid instinct with my brain that it's being stupid.
Those tags lead to your own post and the OP, so I'm assumin you screwed up something in there :neutral:
Also I might come off as calculated because I have to actually think about how I post. My normal posting style is not chill at all. XD
Disclaimer I don't know Dram hardly at all but can confirm that my impression of him from speakeasy has been the opposite of chill and seeing all these xD smiles faces and such is like being winked at by Lucifer
In post 489, Inferno390 wrote: But someone else I’ve been stuck on is Elbirn. I keep rereading his ISO and thee is something really odd about his posting. I can’t figure out what though.
VOTE: Skygazer
Boy you do not get to jump on a flash wagon for no reason while also shading me. Tell the class why I'm a scummy scum butt

Should be good now
Correct me if I'm wrong but you never mentioned before post 866 so saying I'm "still scum" seems inorganic. I also fail to see what your point was in spoiler quoting that post of mine with no conclusion drawn from it.

Is there something youd like to say orrr?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1001 (isolation #32) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:44 am

Post by Elbirn »

Dammit.

*Never mentioned me
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1002 (isolation #33) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 927, Skygazer wrote:
Strong Scum

flubber
HitAlt
Your two scumreads are the two viable wagons we have today?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1005 (isolation #34) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 991, brassherald wrote:We're getting close to the deadline...

@Elbirn, who we lynching?
I don't even know, as evidenced by my non-voting. I don't care for either wagon and feel that people have written off several people as town who I cant recall having done fuckall to earn it / give my mothers intuition the heeby-jeebies. But then I don't know if they need scrutiny or if scum and town alike are coalescing around the same reads to blend in. Like...do I angry face at the universally townread or look for the fake thought process of someone justifying their shitty townread

Anyway my contrarian gut reads are chick/ausuka/skygazer but that's based on nothing enjoy
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1013 (isolation #35) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:23 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1007, Inferno390 wrote:@Elbrin, you’re killing me. Can you give us some reads with foundations to work with plz?
I cant right now because it would be disingenuous, not gonna act like I have insight that I don't. I will read some ISO's when I have time to at work if I can. I want to check up on the three I named above to see if there is anything there.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1067 (isolation #36) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1045, xyzzy wrote:hey y'all sorry for going a couple days with no posts, I'm catching up now
Who are you?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1071 (isolation #37) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Elbirn »

Spoiler:
In post 1043, Taly wrote:
In post 1011, dramonic wrote:
Inferno wrote:-Is passive aggressively tunneling Taly despite giving no reads on him after davesaz replaces out
It's the same playerslot. I don't care what Taly has to say.
-only provided original reads on davesaz. No other original content from the slot after that exchange
Townread deleted.

There's so many things wrong with this post.

VOTE: dramonic VOTE: dramonic VOTE: dramonic

In what world does town literally dismiss an entire replacement slot and tunnel their scumread based off a predecessor, while ignoring the other slot's posts?

Maybe this vote will encourage you
TO CARE
about
ANY
of
MY
posting
IN THIS GAME
because they
HOLD WEIGHT

I'm not moving my vote until you drop this
"you're scum and I want your lynch for reasons that vaguely apply because I don't want to try to read you more"
approach.

I completely disagree with the
Hit
lynch and you seem borderline apathetic about me having any opinion at all, despite it being different from yours.

~~~

Side note, I'm not sure about
TW
read at the moment, but there's more worthy people for me imo.

I think scum-
TW
WKing town-
Hit
is more possible than any reality regarding
Hit
-scum, but I have people I'm borderline tunneling to the ground at the moment.

*anime man looking at a butterfly but the man is Dramonic and the butterfly is this post* "Is this a scumflail?"

The joke is that it's not, in case that wasn't obvious. This reads like spazzy emotional town
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1073 (isolation #38) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:03 am

Post by Elbirn »

VOTE: Xyzzy

Flashwagon this. Xyzzy has naught but fluffposting and walls of "I like this post" with no real substance or analysis and actually clicking through their wall of post links only furthers the disappointment.

Scum is lurking through this game and letting us run up lynch baity people for playing poorly but not necessarily scummy. Rally to me boys and girls and xirs, the dark times end now
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1076 (isolation #39) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:07 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1072, dramonic wrote:It's not flailing it's a tantrum
What is the difference because they both mean "an emotional response to not liking thing"

I'm possibly easily swayed, but I'm having a hard time imagining being scum, being scumread, and being so self righteous and indignant about it that I omgus so hard I use 7 vote tags with various sizes and then rant for a wall about what a meanie bully face somebody is

All while not really at risk of being lynched mind you

When the appropriate response is to go "yeah whatever" and ride out the pressure
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1077 (isolation #40) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:09 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1075, Inferno390 wrote:Elbirn: please don’t. I am totally down for looking at xyzzy tomorrow. But let’s focus on viable wagons two days before deadline? Thanks.
Good Afternoon. My name is Elbirn and I don't want to lynch town and if I think someone is town I will throw a hissy fit until reality warps to fit what I want. And I don't have confidence in either hit or flub or whatever that third wagon is idk cuz where are the vote counts.

There are like 5 people posting right now. Any wagon is viable. Join me.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1079 (isolation #41) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:11 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1007, Inferno390 wrote:@Elbrin, you’re killing me. Can you give us some reads with foundations to work with plz?
In post 1075, Inferno390 wrote:Elbirn: please don’t. I am totally down for looking at xyzzy tomorrow. But let’s focus on viable wagons two days before deadline? Thanks.
Why do you LIE
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1098 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1096, Chickadee wrote:
In post 1073, Elbirn wrote:VOTE: Xyzzy

Flashwagon this. Xyzzy has naught but fluffposting and walls of "I like this post" with no real substance or analysis and actually clicking through their wall of post links only furthers the disappointment.

Scum is lurking through this game and letting us run up lynch baity people for playing poorly but not necessarily scummy. Rally to me boys and girls and xirs, the dark times end now
Ok
VOTE: xyzzy

But Elbirn, thoughts on xyzzy's latest post? It was a good one...at least what of it I skimmed. Gonna be honest, I am getting very sleepy at the moment.
In post 1097, brassherald wrote:I'm just going to baa as I VOTE: Xyzzy
*jack Nicholson nodding dot gif*

Chick idk it was so long I skipped it, Same with taly going "look at all these games where I fought people" like dude i don't fucking care

I weight 130 pounds and drank a spiked Arnold palmer about an hour ago so you know I'm the leader this town needs
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1100 (isolation #43) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1087, Skygazer wrote: is a good post. I stand by my statement that a xyzzy flashwagon is a bad idea.
In post 1088, Skygazer wrote:Elbirn's posts are town af
These posts oppose each other, if you believe in me then bond with me jimmy

I finally read post 1086 and it's a box of fucking nothing

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1124 (isolation #44) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1120, HeWhoSwims wrote:Even if he doesn't post much at least I do feel his posts have content
Literally where because I have seen nothing but "Beep boop I agree with this post"

You all are straying from the true path, stop
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1132 (isolation #45) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:25 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Inferno, I don't lynch for information. I lynch to kill scum like a normal person.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1135 (isolation #46) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Elbirn »

Actually it does, and I originally read that post as even night for some reason.

10/10 will vote dram
Jk xyzzy we good today
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1136 (isolation #47) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:33 am

Post by Elbirn »

Wait no I lied to you

(Acceptable Modifiers):
Ascetic, Backup (with or without primary role present), Bulletproof, Enabler (with or without primary role present), Macho, Neighbor, Non-Consecutive Night, Weak, X-Shot, Ninja, Loyal, Disloyal, Loud, Multitasking, Informed, Activated,
any modifier restricting to a specific set of nights (e.g. Even/Odd Night, Night Specific, Novice)
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1146 (isolation #48) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Elbirn »

Isn't 1 a prime number

I went to college
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1150 (isolation #49) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1148, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 1132, Elbirn wrote:@Inferno, I don't lynch for information. I lynch to kill scum like a normal person.
Yeah, so do I
But that doesn’t mean that when I don’t like the lynches for the day, I don’t go pick a lurker I don’t like and tell everyone to flashwagon them
That helps town about zero.
You know what else helps town about zero? Forcing a dichotomy between two town players and saying "well we have to kill one of them"

I'd rather have better options thanks
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1152 (isolation #50) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Elbirn »

Gosh, probably
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1157 (isolation #51) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1155, Inferno390 wrote:This dram claim reads like scum trying to slip out of a bad situation
And I’m starting to lean toward Hit being lynchbait
But tbh, Hit’s probably going to give us the most info to work off of at this point
Its a good thing your vote is still on dram, otherwise with that kind of waffling and backwards nonsense I'd have to get not chill in the chill game
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1170 (isolation #52) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Elbirn »

Can I omgus inferno his violently negative reaction to dissent is just awful
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1263 (isolation #53) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1199, HitAlt wrote:Ok, fck this game then.
All of my swishy washy posting has been a combination of IRL pushibg me down, and me NOT WANTING TO BE a solid townread.
I am a town-PR. Have been crumbing it from the start. I have a role that gets a lot more value out of results after some flips, so it also benefits from scum not thinking I'm worth a block or kill.
I find it so hard to NOT post, but I've also found it hard to produce anything that doesn't ruin my nightresults.

For example - I think brass is scum, and I wanted them to feel like they are obv.town enough to maybe get them to commit their factional kill. No need to hide that anymore I guess as I'll be either killed or blocked 100% of the time now.
Ausuka/TW also likely has a scum in there. It also fits the bill that they are all among the ones who jumped on dave.
That implies Taly is town to me for now etc etc.

I planned to start playing more properly D2 anyway, but guess that doesn't matter much either.
I'll vote flubber after we get a vote count

Also nowhere was it declared that this game is role madness so hush
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1264 (isolation #54) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Elbirn »

Oh I forgot I multiquoted that

I found one of his crumbs earlier this phase and decided he could at least live for a day and I wanted to feel oh so smug about it
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1266 (isolation #55) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Elbirn »

Ask and ye shall receive, thanks babe

VOTE: Flubbernugget
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1269 (isolation #56) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Elbirn »

For those who care, that's L-1
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1298 (isolation #57) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1295, MagnaofIllusion wrote: Don’t like Elbirn’s from a standpoint of a reason to Town-read Taly. If Taly is emotional as he says then being suspected for a predecessor as scum is frustrating and just as likely to cause that sort of emo-posting. It is NAI and Elbrin calling it Town is just as bad as Dram calling it scum
There's a difference in tone between frustrated scum and indignant, self righteous town. I'm not gonna act like I'm deadlocked onto a town-taly, but that post reads as the latter to me.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1302 (isolation #58) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1299, Flubbernugget wrote:When I flip town, lynch elbrin, and his scum flip will implicate hit alt.

Don't forget taly is scum.
Why do you link me and hitalt but not me and taly when I just talked about them, but also while scumreading them?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1305 (isolation #59) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Hey Inferno stop using buzzwords they're bad
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1317 (isolation #60) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1311, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 1302, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1299, Flubbernugget wrote:When I flip town, lynch elbrin, and his scum flip will implicate hit alt.

Don't forget taly is scum.
Why do you link me and hitalt but not me and taly when I just talked about them, but also while scumreading them?
Because you had the most opportunistic vote on the wagon (esp considering your lackluster play) and the lynch was between me and HitAlt.

Though literally in the post you quoted I call taly scum and not only did you quote it, you kept the part where I call taly scum, so I guess youre just pointing another blatant scum tell that everyone is going to ignore
I literally acknowledge in my post that you scumread taly. It is literally what that post is about.

You link me to hitalt. You don't link me to Taly even though the three of us would be the scumteam from your PoV and I *just* offered a weaksauce defense of them. You fail to do this even while scumreading them

This posting is worthless just be hammered already
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1734 (isolation #61) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Elbirn »

I'm at least 15 pages back because y'all need to shut the fuck up
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2021 (isolation #62) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:26 am

Post by Elbirn »

I've still yet to read since day start and I dont think I'm ever going to have time for this. I'm sorry. I despise being a flake but the game will be healthier without me at this point

@Pine: please replace me

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”