Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3775 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3771, Purrcocet wrote:the scumteam of zmuffin nancy drew 39 and purrcocet has won the game
You make some really strange posts. :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3772, Spiffeh wrote:And I like his Maria push
You like him fake claiming a guilty on maria, devolving the thread into toxicity?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

No the reasons he listed for Maria being scum when he actually explained his scum read

You know the ones you said were wrong and moved on

those were good
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3760, Dunnstral wrote:Why can't, say, nancy be main character? Townreads aside, is it a flavor thing?
If I’m a main character, then this game has officially jumped the shark.

I suppose it could be possible though but weird if I was.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3777, Spiffeh wrote:No the reasons he listed for Maria being scum when he actually explained his scum read

You know the ones you said were wrong and moved on

those were good
ok

Meanwhile, I gave numerous reasons why MariaR is town, people said I was wrong and moved on
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I for one didn't read that post so HA

I'll try to find it later
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3763, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 3760, Dunnstral wrote:Why can't, say, nancy be main character? Townreads aside, is it a flavor thing?
the remaining main character is masked lady (probably). possibly mirai

also if anyone is stupid enough to think i asked for the neighbourhoods to be released today when people were thinking mariar was caught in a lie, then there's no helping you
Link?

I’m not knowledgeable about Deemo. Who is the masked lady and why is this relevant?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3779, Dunnstral wrote:ok

Meanwhile, I gave numerous reasons why MariaR is town, people said I was wrong and moved on
I was going to try to respond to that alongside my own reasons for Maria being scum, but it began to look like it wasn't necessary.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Moment you should go back and do that now it would be a tremendous help!
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by MariaR »

I'd also like to see this
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3308, zMuffinMan wrote:the only reason dunnstral thinks mariar is town is because he's friends with her

literally none of those things are town rofl
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3288, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3282, Moment wrote:Anyways, I was going to ask about this earlier, before Katsuki's guilty; Dunnstral, would you mind elaborating on your townread on MariaR? I think it was Spiffeh who asked for reasons for her being scum and I wanted to talk a little about that and I think it would be useful to also hear why people townread her in the first place.

------
In post 3279, Wisdom wrote:
In post 3277, Moment wrote:Katsuki's guilties are correct
dude. Still believing katsuki?
Well, that post was mostly a joke, but I'm not sure why I should be
ignoring
Katsuki here. Even if I take it that he's lying about his guilty, I still believe that MariaR is scum; it doesn't actually change anything for me when it comes to my willingness to vote her.
Sure
In post 648, MariaR wrote:
In post 641, Moment wrote:
In post 637, MariaR wrote:Pedit: Would you join a Dunnstral wagon Moment? I'm pretty confident on that atm prob 60% Why is the Nos wagon a thing too like I joined that to save Spiffy but I don't know what the whole thing for him is being scum.
Most likely not; I don't think I really recall any reasons for him being scum outside of Spiffy pointing out his apparent hypocrisy, which I don't think would be a reliable scumtell.
Alright. How do you feel about Purr Sakura and Brain?
First inside a quote I believe her saying she's 60% confident I'll flip scum is towny and I can understand how she would think I was different/scumread me there

Do i think she could jump on me as scum? Sure, but, to jump on me, then also go at odds with Purrcocet, Sakura, and Brian here, all of which she seems to know to a good degree - I don't think she goes for that
In post 663, MariaR wrote:
In post 658, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 651, MariaR wrote:Mmm that's fine. Do you know why you read me as scummy for this game at least?
Because i feel like dunn's role makes no sense as a scum oriented role and you're pushing it real hard, I also had entirely the opposite opinion of Dunn wanting to help out by artificially extending the deadline, I thought it was towny. I think your stance on Nancy is quite easy, and I feel you are trying to sort me by looking at my interactions with other people instead of directly enganging me, which feels kind of unusual.
Why does a scum double voter not make sense to you? I'm pushing dunn for his play not his role I already disagreed with you on the deadline stuff so I get that. I don't feel like I've sorted you by interactions at all though I've looked at your posts and tried to determine if there towny or scummy.
Not mentioning my double vote when pushing me is a towntell - I feel as scum she'd have brought that up and tried to frame it as cause for concern
In post 701, MariaR wrote:That's fine and I think he's scum. I have the most experience with him out of anyone here and I'm way more confident in my ability to read Dunnstral than anyone here. Now I've tried to explain why Dunn is scum and I can do it again if you want but I'm not gonna kick and scream like I did before.
Again, I think the push on me early comes from town, this is another quote that reaffirms that for me
In post 723, MariaR wrote:Ok I'm done watching big brother I'm gonna let the thread breathe I'm clearly not going to get support on Dunnstral I think he's scum and nothing has shown me why his actions come from town dunn at all perhaps we'll visit it another day. I'm just annoyed for the most part because a major point of this style was so people would hopefully understand and listen to my reads more but it's the same old same old. I'll stay away from the thread for a bit
VOTE: Brian Skies
She talks about trying a new style a few times and that's another reason I townread her, I think she's more likely to try a new style here as town than scum.
In post 940, MariaR wrote:Only reason I don't want to rly vote Kat is ate
The reaction to Katsuki AtE is very much like her town self

The whole Mylo defense thing is all more likely to come from town Maria than scum Maria, in my opinion, I thought she really looked like town there from my experiences playing with her
In post 1157, MariaR wrote:
In post 1154, Sakura Hana wrote:Damn, the entire scumteam is piling on Mylo according to MariaR?
Can you stop being a bitch?
More likely to come from town than scum (not impossible though)
In post 1160, MariaR wrote:VOTE: Mylo
w/e fuck this I'm out enjoy your town flip
I don't think she's faking anger/annoyance and I think that makes her town

She wouldn't get mad if Mylo was her scum buddy
In post 1168, MariaR wrote:I'm trying to type this without ate. I've wanted to fix my meta for a long time because I keep getting told I'm only good at scum and my town game is shit. So I'm trying really hard to prove that incorrect that I can have good town games. I don't mind getting told I'm incorrect or wrong and talking over why I'm wrong but I don't want to get talked too like I'm a moron it's a slap to the face
In post 1170, MariaR wrote:I'm gonna just cool off with games
This is almost certainly town Maria and not a scum ploy
She could be saying this stuff as scum, true, but I don't think it's nearly as likely, also I don't think she would be this upset
In post 1583, MariaR wrote:In most fakegod games it's 3 scum based off that logic bussing in stuff like this seems very stupid unless someone was very confident in there scum game that they could carry to the end and honestly no one in this playerlist strikes me as someone with an impressive scum game so I don't think that logic fits here.
Spoiler: lot of VCs
In post 425, FakeGod wrote:
VoteCount 1.4

Nancy Drew 39 [2] - Katsuki, Nosferatu
Spiffeh [4] - Wisdom, Ankamius, Sakura Hana, Purrcocet
Sakura Hana [2] - projectmatt, Kokichi Oma
Katsuki [1] - Nancy Drew 39
Nosferatu [5] - Moment, TehBrawlGuy, Brian Skies, Dunnstral x2

Not Voting [4]
- MariaR, zMuffinMan, Spiffeh, Myloninja13

With 17 alive it takes 9 votes to lynch.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2018-07-26 15:00:00)
In post 757, FakeGod wrote:
VoteCount 1.5

Nancy Drew 39 [2] - Katsuki, Nosferatu
Spiffeh [5] - Wisdom, Ankamius, Dunnstral x2, Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana [2] - projectmatt, Kokichi Oma
Katsuki [1] - Nancy Drew 39
Nosferatu [1] - TehBrawlGuy
Myloninja13 [1] - Brian Skies
Dunnstral [2] - Spiffeh, Purrcocet
MariaR [1] - Moment
Brian SKies [1] - MariaR

Not Voting [2]
- zMuffinMan, Myloninja13

In post 856, FakeGod wrote:
VoteCount 1.6

Nancy Drew 39 [1] - Katsuki
Spiffeh [2] - Wisdom, Ankamius
Sakura Hana [1] - projectmatt
Katsuki [2] - Dunnstral x2
Nosferatu [6] - TehBrawlGuy, Sakura Hana, Moment, Brian Skies, Purrcocet, Nancy Drew 39
Brian SKies [1] - MariaR
Wisdom [2] - Nosferatu, Spiffeh
zMuffinMan [1] - Kokichi Oma

Not Voting [2]

In post 994, FakeGod wrote:
VoteCount 1.7

Spiffeh [1] - Ankamius
Katsuki [2] - Nosferatu, Katsuki
Nosferatu [2] - TehBrawlGuy, Purrcocet
Brian Skies [1] - MariaR
Wisdom [2] - Spiffeh, Dunnstral x2
Myloninja13 [4] - Wisdom, Sakura Hana, Brian Skies, Moment

Not Voting [3]
- zMuffinMan, Myloninja13, Nancy Drew 39

In post 1225, FakeGod wrote:
VoteCount 1.8

Katsuki [1] - Katsuki
Nosferatu [4] - TehBrawlGuy, Ankamius, Nancy Drew 39, Purrcocet
Wisdom [2] - Dunnstral x2
Myloninja13 [7] - Wisdom, Sakura Hana, Brian Skies, Moment, Nosferatu, Spiffeh, MariaR

Not Voting [2]

In post 1300, FakeGod wrote:
VoteCount 1.9

Nosferatu [2] - Ankamius, Nancy Drew 39
Wisdom [2] - Dunnstral x2
Myloninja13 [8] - Sakura Hana, Brian Skies, Moment, Nosferatu, Spiffeh, Purrcocet, Katsuki, Wisdom
projectmatt [1] - TehBrawlGuy

Not Voting [3]
- zMuffinMan, Myloninja13, MariaR

Vc's like 1.6 and 1.8 don't make me think Nos is scum but I think 1.6 to 1.7 is one of the more telling VC's in the set looking at said vote counts I think moment is one of the worser looking people in this. I was townreading them for how they were scumreading me for buddying and that's not really false but I'd like to hear if I'm coocoo or not for suspecting that I imagine'd they would be voting me here but it doesn't seem like they are. If they were I'd still believe the read but now it feels like something they just tried to bite into.
I still dislike Dunnstral but perhaps it's a case of me not understanding something so I'm calling it scummy? Like I still can see him flipping scum but the thing giving me cold feet is I can't see anything that I find scummy in his iso besides the early game play it's mostly nullish.
I'd like to know why people tr Purrcocet as well I doubt I'd get a lynch there but it is for sure someone in my sights of wanting to vote if I had to make a pool of suspects at the moment it'd be
(Purr Moment Muffin Dunn) but the problem here is as I said in the top part of my post I doubt scum bussed. If it was near the end of the day that's ok but early on like moment did I'm a bit "eh" on it's why brain isn't in my pool of suspects right now. if Muffin is scum like I'm thinking I doubt Sakura is
I don't get the project matt scumreads either unless it's based on vcs
This random logic dump that doesn't address anything in thread comes from town
In post 1676, MariaR wrote:This is me not wanting to play this game rn and dodging
Because of Katsuki; she's more likely town from this annoyance
In post 2027, MariaR wrote:Dunn what's with you btw? You've never ever been this interested with my slot before and by interested I mean try some sparky reply or ask a weird question on almost every post I make. Like you've
never
been like this before. In fact you normally don't talk about me at all
This post looks good
In post 2036, MariaR wrote:
In post 1939, Kokichi Oma wrote:Cant wait for this town flip. Maybe after you will listen to me that Wisdom is obv maf
We talked about this KOKICHI use your words
In post 1940, Spiffeh wrote:why isn't anyone paying attention to me my CTRL-F is only hitting Muffin's signature now
Dw Spiffy I'm always here if you need me. In the pocket you go
In post 1941, Wisdom wrote:spiff youre boring
OOF
In post 1942, Spiffeh wrote:Ankamius might actually be scum after all
+1
In post 1944, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1937, Katsuki wrote:
In post 1935, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1934, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:The timing of my/TBG pushes is suspicious af. I also really disliked Matt’s push on Moment. I can’t imagine anyone pushing a wagon on one player while presumably having a guilty on another.
Because the guilty is fake.
Muffins would never fake a guilty. It goes against the very fiber of his being.
How do you expect me to trust two people who were trying to mislynch me?
Mafia is a game about trust. The towns that work together are the one's that win together it's a team game based around talking theory etc people can be wrong and you need to figure out if it was scummy or just a mistake I don't think you shouldn't trust someone on the bases that they want to ml you before
In post 1948, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1417, Kokichi Oma wrote:I'm not speaking another language, just think wisdom is scum here based on meta. Considering I've played about 10 games with him at this point.
Can you point to a previous game that makes you think Wisdom is scum here and explain why?
This
Responses here all look towny to me
In post 2060, MariaR wrote:1) My confidence comes from liking to think people are decent human beings who wouldn't post stuff like kat did to get townread as scum. It's called having morals
2) I feel like the only time before this game where I've said the amount of you talking you do is AI before was as scum? The only other time I said it as town was years ago to get a reaction from you. Your words don't really mean much in the grand outlook because we just disagree. You can't really disprove my own reasoning for wanting to read you because it's wifom at the end of the day
3) If you're that naive to the way you come off to people sometimes I'm seriously worried about you
Pedit: @Wisom I think townreading someone for making a bad push is super weak and easily one of the fakest things you can do.
This is towny too
In post 2718, MariaR wrote:I'm gonna ignore kat and Muffins caps lock posting though unless they wanna give legit explanations I get Muffin is scum so they won't do that but meh it's annoying
In post 2721, MariaR wrote:
In post 2717, Katsuki wrote:PROVE IT

DEMONSTRATE IT RIGHT NOW BY UNVOTING THE MOD-CONFIRMED TOWN MUFFINS AND VOTE TBG
Your gimmick isn't cute. If you were gonna cop anyone it'd be the person who almost made you rage.
Cop me next while you're at it. But you're not a cop so
She really looks like town in her dealings with Katsuki and Muffin around here
In post 2723, MariaR wrote:I get you want to circlejerk with your friend so you wanna make an obv fake inno and sure go for it but post legit content along with it and not just "get off my inno" that isn't real. Get it over with chop chop. If you won't lynch your friend that badly at least pretend to be playing thanks
And here
In post 2771, MariaR wrote:
In post 2748, Sakura Hana wrote:At this point i just wanna lynch both Muffin and Kats to stop the caps spam.
In post 2749, Sakura Hana wrote:Like seriously it's annoying me.
In post 2751, Sakura Hana wrote:If you guys are gonna behave like this then i rather you be dead.
^^^^^^
And here, I don't believe these are stances she takes as scum
In post 2795, MariaR wrote:I don't believe kat was the nk of all things
In post 2801, MariaR wrote:No one is saying to lynch kat.
I'm staying on muffin
In post 2829, MariaR wrote:Get off the throne you think you're on
In post 2840, MariaR wrote:
In post 2831, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2829, MariaR wrote:Get off the throne you think you're on
Oh no! Is Maria mad because she's about to lose her buddy now that her designated mislynches are being taken off the table?

However can I atone for my sins?

Should I prostrate myself to you by putting my pants over my head and mislynching town slots for you?
You call people bad because they don't agree with you and discredit them and shut them down for it. Instead of explaining why you just feel the need to insult people. So when you feel like playing mafia and not the game of lord brain lmk
In post 2842, MariaR wrote:I don't believe Kat or Muffin at all is the thing it has nothing to do with the claims I think they're acting like this just to be toxic asshats and now you're joining in
In post 2844, MariaR wrote:
In post 2841, zMuffinMan wrote:YOURE FRUSTRATING TO PLAY WITH WHEN
THE IRONYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
In post 2926, MariaR wrote:The friendgroup is salty it's getting lynched the horror *eye roll*
In post 2935, MariaR wrote:
In post 2927, Spiffeh wrote:I’m just gonna sit on Muffin and check back near deadline if I need to condense on someone

I think lynching anyone other than him is a mistake and I’m sad what I believe to be a fake cop result is dissuading people from wanting him to die
^
In post 3027, MariaR wrote:Muffin you just saying I'm scum isn't doing anything. You should be explaining your sentences and focus on that instead of the overall toxic gameplay. When I played with you before you were obv town so fast and here I'm not seeing it I'm seeing 2 dif people and that logic and the way you were pushing on obv town in a way that didn't seem to be a way to figure out there alignment doesn't feel towny to me. Now it's your turn.
And this all comes from town

There's a lot of my own meta and experience mixed in with this but this shows what I'm thinking

I'm confident that Maria is town here, so yeah katsuki is fake claiming and they should feel bad for doing it to the one person who thought they had morals
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Moment »

Sure. I think I'll be doing this in pieces, both because I've been feeling less verbose lately and because I think it'll just be easier to digest.

It began back with her strange focus on Nancy Drew early in the game.

Spoiler: Pocketing?
In post 505, Moment wrote:And while I'm on the subject of voicing perhaps somewhat far-fetched concerns, I think MariaR may have been trying (is still trying to?) pocket Nancy Drew. I first noticed it upon my first readthrough of the thread where it seemed like much of what Maria was saying was engaging with Nancy. When I put it like that it doesn't sound so bad - especially as Ms. Drew is quite the content producer - but I think that reviewing Maria's ISO may help illustrate my point for anyone interested.

To give a few quotes to illustrate my point:
In post 241, MariaR wrote:I have nancy as town
my dunnstral read

and that's it.
In post 245, MariaR wrote:Who else are you looking at nancy
I believe it was these two quotes that first caused me to realize this while reading through. Something about the singularity of the read as well as the question made it look to me like Maria had the goal of tying to get Nancy to strongly townread her; anyone who played in or has read Minuet's Trio (or, I assume, other games with Nancy) should realize that it's not much of a difficult task.

I decided not to bring this up initially in order to observe if the pattern of behavior would continue, and I think that it did with this quote:
In post 332, MariaR wrote:
In post 317, Purrcocet wrote:Nancy Drew is pretty transparent town like it almost hurts
Wouldn't you agree @MeowriaR
I sure would.
The lack of response to anything between this post and the last post in Maria's ISO "pings" me in a way that I find hard to describe. Perhaps that goes back to what I was thinking about earlier.

Any thoughts?
In post 603, Moment wrote:
In post 591, MariaR wrote:
In post 583, Moment wrote:I don't think that a town player typically devotes time to getting someone else in specific to townread them instead of trying to find scum, no. I also don't think that's an unreasonable position to take.
No buddying and pocketing is 2 dif things. I was trying to buddy Nancy and get ideas off her because I townread her. If she townreads me great that's a bonus but Nancy isn't a player that town reading me or scumreading me would make me perk my brow unlike someone like maybe Dunn or Kokichi
Hm, I think that's pretty transparently false, as a look at your ISOs show. You only ever asked a single question to her: the nonspecific , which was never followed up on. Yes, you
talked
to her, but in my view more of your content was about making a show of interacting with her and having a strong townread on her in order to pocket her.

Like I pointed out earlier, I think a post like this doesn't come from someone who just wants to "bounce ideas off of someone"; I think it comes from someone who wants to make a show of their read. (Especially as considering the timing between this post and the last in your ISO and the content ignored between those two posts; for someone who claims to have wanted to get ideas from her, you certainly ignored a lot of what she posted)
In post 317, Purrcocet wrote:Nancy Drew is pretty transparent town like it almost hurts
I sure would.
But of course, I don't expect to convince you that you're scum; what's important is what other people think. So: thoughts, anyone?

I still don't think it's true that Maria was trying to bounce ideas off of Nancy or anything of the sort. Also, looking back, I have to wonder; why Nancy in specific? I would imagine there would be other people in this game that Maria could have asked to get ideas off of; people she may have more history with.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3774, Dunnstral wrote:I haven't read the whole neighborhood yet, I've read the brian one
When was the link posted?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Here and catching up. Apologies, I had a mental health day yesterday and was working all day today.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3787, Moment wrote:Sure. I think I'll be doing this in pieces, both because I've been feeling less verbose lately and because I think it'll just be easier to digest.

In post 505, Moment wrote:And while I'm on the subject of voicing perhaps somewhat far-fetched concerns, I think MariaR may have been trying (is still trying to?) pocket Nancy Drew. I first noticed it upon my first readthrough of the thread where it seemed like much of what Maria was saying was engaging with Nancy. When I put it like that it doesn't sound so bad - especially as Ms. Drew is quite the content producer - but I think that reviewing Maria's ISO may help illustrate my point for anyone interested.

my dunnstral read

and that's it.
I believe it was these two quotes that first caused me to realize this while reading through. Something about the singularity of the read as well as the question made it look to me like Maria had the goal of tying to get Nancy to strongly townread her; anyone who played in or has read Minuet's Trio (or, I assume, other games with Nancy) should realize that it's not much of a difficult task.

I decided not to bring this up initially in order to observe if the pattern of behavior would continue, and I think that it did with this quote:
I sure would.
The lack of response to anything between this post and the last post in Maria's ISO "pings" me in a way that I find hard to describe. Perhaps that goes back to what I was thinking about earlier.

Any thoughts?
In post 583, Moment wrote:I don't think that a town player typically devotes time to getting someone else in specific to townread them instead of trying to find scum, no. I also don't think that's an unreasonable position to take.
No buddying and pocketing is 2 dif things. I was trying to buddy Nancy and get ideas off her because I townread her. If she townreads me great that's a bonus but Nancy isn't a player that town reading me or scumreading me would make me perk my brow unlike someone like maybe Dunn or Kokichi
Hm, I think that's pretty transparently false, as a look at your ISOs show. You only ever asked a single question to her: the nonspecific , which was never followed up on. Yes, you
talked
to her, but in my view more of your content was about making a show of interacting with her and having a strong townread on her in order to pocket her.

Like I pointed out earlier, I think a post like this doesn't come from someone who just wants to "bounce ideas off of someone"; I think it comes from someone who wants to make a show of their read. (Especially as considering the timing between this post and the last in your ISO and the content ignored between those two posts; for someone who claims to have wanted to get ideas from her, you certainly ignored a lot of what she posted)
I sure would.
But of course, I don't expect to convince you that you're scum; what's important is what other people think. So: thoughts, anyone?

I still don't think it's true that Maria was trying to bounce ideas off of Nancy or anything of the sort. Also, looking back, I have to wonder; why Nancy in specific? I would imagine there would be other people in this game that Maria could have asked to get ideas off of; people she may have more history with.
We have never played together before. I see your point. Kokichi asking me a very similar type of question, makes way more sense based on this.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Katsuki: "SPIFFEH MAYBE WILL REMEMBER HOW TO PLAY MAFIA"

JOKE'S ON YOU
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3788, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3774, Dunnstral wrote:I haven't read the whole neighborhood yet, I've read the brian one
When was the link posted?
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=76953
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77046

They are in private topics subforum
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 3790, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3787, Moment wrote:Sure. I think I'll be doing this in pieces, both because I've been feeling less verbose lately and because I think it'll just be easier to digest.

my dunnstral read

and that's it.

I sure would.

Any thoughts?
talked

I sure would.

We have never played together before. I see your point. Kokichi asking me a very similar type of question, makes way more sense based on this.
Because I townread Nancy it has nothing to do with who I know and who I don't know you're missing the point it isn't about who I'm familer with it's who I trust. And I trusted Nancy
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Moment »

I think the next thing to consider would be the Mylo interactions. This is something that other people actually noticed more than I did.

Spoiler: Purrcocet
In post 608, Purrcocet wrote:sure?
i think town maria would do the buddy thing but shes been behaving in a scummy manner
not sure what to feel about the other inconsistencies
like she scumreads dunn for the mylo lynch when literally everyone on that wagon has said it's a pressure vote and they're not going to lynch him so that doesn't make sense

Spoiler: Brian Skies
In post 832, Brian Skies wrote:Also, for the record, I have no idea what Maria's issue with me is or why she can't fathom me voting a contentless lurker.
In post 837, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 836, Moment wrote:Thoughts on Maria being scum and the whole pocketing thing, Brian?
What pocketing thing? Nancy? Idk.

This isn't really what I expect from Maria when I play with her, although she did state she was trying something new.

I'm mostly curious why she had an issue with me trying to wagon Mylo (who I skimmed and thought the content looked okay, but didn't really see anything that convinced me he was town).
In post 913, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 912, projectmatt wrote:also, do you think your comment to maria yielded anything worthwhile? has your read on her progressed at all since that point?
I think she's scummy, and would feel more confident in it if Mylo were scum.

Beyond that, not really, because I haven't had a chance to interact with her since.
In post 2464, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2460, Katsuki wrote:WALK ME THRU MARIASCUM BS

I DONT KNOW ANY BRIANS ONLY ISSAC
She's scum because she had zero reason to oppose my lurker wagon in the manner that she did and the posts that Moment was townreading for 'betraying a lack of information' or whatever it was actually seems like she was trying to fearmonger the players on the Mylo wagon so she can derail it.

In fact, I think the entire conversation between Brian Skies and Maria - starting from about here - is worth rereading.

I'm sure there are more quotes from other people noticing similarly strange behavior that I simply missed. For the record: everything I said about why I didn't focus on Maria at the start of Day 2 was completely fabricated. This was before I considered the possibility that my "no gun" result didn't mean she was town.

Here are those quotes that I was looking at earlier, if anyone cares to look at them. Like I said, I'm feeling less verbose than usual, so there's no play-by-play commentary; the long and short of it is exactly as other people have pointed out previously. I find it hard to imagine that Maria, if town, had that much of a reason to interact with the Mylo wagon in the way that she did. If someone can pull some kind of history of her doing the same thing with regards to lurker wagons in other games I would be interested to see that; if no such history exists, I would wager that that's meaningful.

Spoiler: Maria talking about the Mylo wagon
In post 495, MariaR wrote:
In post 491, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 482, MariaR wrote:Sakura I still have as a scumlean but not as hard as before because I feel like she's voting anything that walks.
yeah that's what i'm doing, kinda.
Dunno why that lowers your scumlean tho.
I don't remember you being as reckless as scum.

Also the mylongninja wagon is bad it's a 3 person lurker that will give no info regardless of the flip.
In post 1118, MariaR wrote:Will vote Mylo if it reaches 16 hours or less and then when that flips town Brain Muffin and Dunn all go in the grinder
In post 1127, MariaR wrote:If you explain yours I'll happily do the same. Even though I've done that about twice already (besides muffin)
Pedit: Mylo is the easy lurker lynch that scum are going to grab onto for a free mislynch. Nothing Mylo has done looks that towny or scummy to me but the way votes are happening it's telling all in itself.
In post 1132, MariaR wrote:Like I kid you not i'd bet money scum prob in there head be like "oh shit partner getting wagoned let's wagon mylo" I don't see Mylo flipping scum although it is a great info lynch to see where everyone makes an excuse to scumread next so I don't mind them dying per say
Pedit: I already explain mine kind of to friend!
Pedit2: Never said that
In post 1137, MariaR wrote:The fact wagons have tried to get started and then lead back to Mylo is telling in itself that we were wagoning scum most likely at one point and then it just went back to Mylo but hey go nuts and wagon town I'll hear all your excuses D2
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by MariaR »

If I was going to pocket someone I would pocket someone that's easy to pocket.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Post by Moment »

No comment.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by MariaR »

You're using the logic of pocketing why would I pocket someone I don't know compared to someone I do. It doesn't make sense at all
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3798 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3727, Sakura Hana wrote:well kokichi's confirmed not the poisoner at least.
Which claimed gunsmith do you trust the most?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3799 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by MariaR »

"I have no reason to interact with a mylo wagon"
Okay first before I answer that. What do you think is a reason to interact with a wagon in a game of mafia.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”