Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6575 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

this game started with 5 scum. We've lynched 2. This means there are 3 left.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6576 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6570, northsidegal wrote:
In post 6568, Firebringer wrote:
In post 6565, northsidegal wrote:you guys are being stupid and being hyperfocused on something being a scumtell that actually comes from town game after game after game

all the while ignoring actual alignment-relevant information
is it funny i have no idea who this is directed at
you could probably quote it at a lot of people in almost any game really
i am considering sigging it post game lol
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6577 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I didn't know who Shiro/Sora was and it was poe based on just not knowing.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6578 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Fire's been pushing town this whole game. He pushed my strongest townreads early in the game (Vax, and Chick), as well as countless other townies throughout. Sure, maybe he pushed some scum at various points, but never with the conviction or passion that he pushed town with.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6579 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 6578, Shoshin wrote:
Nero
been pushing town this whole game. He pushed my strongest townreads early in the game (Vax, and Chick), as well as countless other townies throughout. Sure, maybe he pushed some scum at various points, but never with the conviction or passion that he pushed town with.
I mean Nero. Not Fire.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6580 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Firebringer »

nero sux at the mafias
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6581 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Hmm, I guess I could check meta...
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6582 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6574, Firebringer wrote:
In post 6571, Nero Cain wrote:I've spent a fair time pushing scum
hey buddy u also pushed me and i haven't forgiven u for it yet
i mean, im just an ego and felt like the maria/beeboy hydra was scummy and I had a hard time getting that out of my head. Though tbf, I did say something yesterday along the lines of "I doubt that scum doubles down after Varsoon flipped"
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6583 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6578, Shoshin wrote:He pushed my strongest townreads early in the game (Vax, and Chick)
its easy to claim that confirmed town are townie. I also didn't push Chick so it feels like you are just throwing things against the wall to try and see what sticks.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6584 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

u two can stop now.
ur not getting better reads on each other and ur only confirmation biasing urselves harder.

we can restart this argument tomorrow. neither of u are getting lynched today or likely even tomorrow.
Show

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6585 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

And you are still very much ignoring the fact that I'm not even pushing you right now.

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6586 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Fire, why is Nero town?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6587 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6586, Shoshin wrote:Fire, why is Nero town?
> i don't think he has been trying to convince anyone he is town
> I think all his thought patterns have been natural
> i have read and came to similar conclusions with him.
Show

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6588 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6587, Firebringer wrote:i don't think he has been trying to convince anyone he is town
So is Shosin scum for trying to convince us that she's mod confirmed tow?

Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6589 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 6564, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 6547, Nero Cain wrote:I mean sure. Like its equally plausible that he's wrong town and scum that hard defended his buddy. You could argue he's null. At some point i need to re iso him b/c I can't remember anything he's done besides defend Mastina.
Yeah it looks really, really bad on him. I'm not buying the side that people say "oh but he was just fooled by mastina, that's all." Nope.
That along with the no lynch vote on eod 4? That's also suspect of jjh.

And nero, you're correct, we are a doublevoter that auto wins any gladiate and we can parity cop check people. Please no one ask us why rc created this role lol.

-----------

Anyway, so here we have exhibit A, nicorobin, saying on n3 she got redirected so our guilty must not be trusted. Funnily enough, vecna or whoever told us it's actually d5 now so our investigation was on n4, the night we were repaired. Her attempt to discredit us , that alone is alarmingly scummy enough. N3 she or jingle claimed she was redirected, but we checked on n4 according to those who have better memory than I.
Oh and Did I already mention nico thought jjh's claim was less believable than vecna's , for some reason?

We also have LA saying we're scum, and somehow vecna the 3-shot jk believes nero is scum .
LA could be scum, but that's nothing new.

Not sure why shoshin thought we were scum and now doesn't think we are, didn't see explanation for the leap.

-LH
I don't think I ever said you were scum? I was suspicious about your role because a doublevoting parity cop who wins gladiates is weird, but you explained it well enough that I'd believe it. I even more or less called you town in my bulleted list to Creature, and called you town due to your role and Mastina's being very unlikely to be on the same team.

Where'd you think I said you were scum?
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6590 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 6526, Nero Cain wrote:Why not?
Originally, because I thought I had a better reason to suspect Vecna.

Then because I tried sorting Varsoon by engaging him.

And then because Varsoon had flipped.

Honestly, I don't think I've read a single Titus post this entire game. At the very least, I don't remember any of them.
This is a Parachute.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6591 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 6520, Firebringer wrote:like i would be willing to take a hiatus from mafia if jingle flips scum.
or even pay everyone in this game $10 through paypal if i was wrong.
Deal

Let’s lynch jingle so you can payup
Im a dog that quacks
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #6592 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6498, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 6496, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 6493, jjh927 wrote:
In post 6491, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 6489, jjh927 wrote:Creature's guilty wasn't a guilty for the reasons I pointed out
And MM's guilty isn't a guilty because redirector.
Nah, extremely unlikely
So why is Creature's guilty fake because of redirector and MM's ability isn't, eh?
No one said that about Creature, I think EVER?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6593 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 6512, Shoshin wrote:If it's 6 mafia, then it's Nico, Invis, Nero, and one of Jingle, Gamma, or Lady Angel.
Yeah, I can totally jive with these reads.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6594 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:45 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 6517, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6495, Firebringer wrote:i am neighboring jingle for the rest of the game.
i am confident he is town.

if he dies i will neighbor probably vecna
your top 2 town reads are the guy that passionately defended both scum and the other guy that wanted to use Masyina's role for 5 days and then bus her?

In post 6504, Shoshin wrote:I don't understand how this question helps you sort my alignment. What would my answer tell you about my alignment?
probably nothing. I mean, you want to talk to fire b/c he's conftown. We had a conftowm before Fire that you never tried to work with. So I kinda agree with Fire in that in looks like you are buddying him but I'm not going to lynch you until we lynch the other 3 scum and the game is still going on.

Why do you think I'm scum?
I defended Titus on day2 for 1 particular post. And my defense went as far as to state that I thought she was town. I was tunneling to get mastina dead untill my jailkeep (almost certainly) stopped the nightkill.

Ill agree with you im not at all sure that Jingle is a decent target here though.

FB, did you say your neighbourise started working at the start of night already? If so, please prioritize me.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6595 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:49 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 6534, northsidegal wrote:
In post 6531, Nero Cain wrote:Whats the rest?
his depth of thought. his investment into the game in the first place (i.e. it seems like he very much actually cares about winning which i think is less visible in his scumgames)

i think all of his setup spec likely comes from town

i think his reasons for how he played around mastina and her role are all completely logical and reasonable for town!him to actually think whereas as scum i imagine his justification would've been worse

-shrug-

i just don't think i'm ever wrong here. i really don't think JJH is a hard player to sort, so in some sense i'm a little surprised that there seems to be so much confusion (although i can understand it as just people being unfamilair with his scum play as well as having some aversion to meta, neither of which are true for me)
I 100% agree with this. If theres a scum in Jingle vs JJH, id pick Jingle every time
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6596 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:50 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 6536, Nero Cain wrote:Well, I mean you're scum reading me so you don't seem all that great at meta. idk. I think its plenty possible that he hard defends Mastina.
Are you really claiming your scum meta is different from your town meta? Because that scum game you had in Death note seemed like an exact carbon copy of how you always play as town.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6597 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 6547, Nero Cain wrote:I mean sure. Like its equally plausible that he's wrong town and scum that hard defended his buddy. You could argue he's null. At some point i need to re iso him b/c I can't remember anything he's done besides defend Mastina.
There were plenty of memorable things id say. I feel if JJH actually is scum here, he deserves some reward, because itll have been the best scum performance ive ever witnessed.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6598 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6596, Vecna wrote:Because that scum game you had in Death note seemed like an exact carbon copy of how you always play as town.
I wasn't team scum.

THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6599 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:08 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

Just a note I'm letting left head take over for the indefinite future.

-RH

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”