Newbie 1901 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 522, Flavor Leaf wrote:Solid game plan.

You’re scum, and that is incredibly obvious to me, and I like that play from you.

Because right now, it doesn’t matter to you if I know you’re scum, because it’s not me that needs to be convinced.

That’s actually solid logic you got there, especially the part where you pander up to Alonzo to try and get him to vote with you.
I'm not asking him nor nodding him to vote with me. I've stated my read on him most of the game. I asked him to vote with me yesterday, but I've done nothing of the sort today.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:05 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 523, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 520, Flavor Leaf wrote:How? If you’re town, you’re just game throwing, and hindsight, that’ll be seen. Nothing I can do about that. I’m not really feeling any pressure. I have the entirety of the game mapped out.
You're the one who's been game throwing. You're an IC, so I expect you more than anyone, ESPECIALLY if you're town, to be active as much as possible. That happened Day 1, but where were you Day 2?
I was gone for a week and had 4+ games to get back up on, haha, and I came back end of day 2, and was adamantly against Emperor wagon.

We were town reading each other.

I don’t know why you keep pushing this false narrative that I just disappeared. I don’t think i’ve Even been prodded.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 519, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:You’re not. You can easily be scum with Trekkie. You’re experienced, you know what’s up. Tell Guten to claim doc and Trekkie do the same, they’re in the clear for awhile. There’s risk of a CC, but you’ve said you’re up for a risk sometimes. I find Flicker’s jailkeeper claim to be more genuine at the moment since we lost the possibility of there being a roleblocker (RB could easily fakeclaim JK). You said Emperor would flip town, cool, and I read it as a cop subtleclaim. You could easily be the rolecop and that was free brownie points for you.
If you think my claim is genuine and Trekkie is scum, then why not vote for Trekkie? Pedit: Day 3 LYLO is a day to reexamine all your reads, not to trust yourself - there's a reason I gave that "trust no one" advice before day end yesterday, and it goes back to my first Newbie game, where the winning scum team included a universally townread player.
In post 519, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:I’m not actively seeking a turbo nor do I think there will be one because I’ve got my heart set on you being scum. Flicker explicitly advocating for a turbo should not have been said, however. Before you say my vote carries more weight than his words, reread the first sentence of this paragraph.
I wasn't advocating for a turbo, especially given my lack of voting, I was saying it was my immediate reaction.

Also, "your heart set on someone being scum" is a very strange turn of phrase. He's scum or he's not scum, your heart doesn't enter into it.

(Unless maybe you're trying to set him up as scum, aka you're actually scum?)
I’m willing to risk my towniness by placing a pressure vote on you right now, and it’s definitely working.
But you're not risking your towniness, you're potentially risking the game for not just you but the other two of us.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 525, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:

You’re scum, and that is incredibly obvious to me, and I like that play from you.

Because right now, it doesn’t matter to you if I know you’re scum, because it’s not me that needs to be convinced.

That’s actually solid logic you got there, especially the part where you pander up to Alonzo to try and get him to vote with you.
I'm not asking him nor nodding him to vote with me. I've stated my read on him most of the game. I asked him to vote with me yesterday, but I've done nothing of the sort today.
You don’t have to ask someone to vote with you to pander towards them. You gotta make them “want to vote with you” and for them to “come to the conclusion on their own”.

You’re doing well. Keep it up. This is fun.

But you will feel the Third Degree Boon
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:07 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 526, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 523, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 520, Flavor Leaf wrote:How? If you’re town, you’re just game throwing, and hindsight, that’ll be seen. Nothing I can do about that. I’m not really feeling any pressure. I have the entirety of the game mapped out.
You're the one who's been game throwing. You're an IC, so I expect you more than anyone, ESPECIALLY if you're town, to be active as much as possible. That happened Day 1, but where were you Day 2?
I was gone for a week and had 4+ games to get back up on, haha, and I came back end of day 2, and was adamantly against Emperor wagon.

We were town reading each other.

I don’t know why you keep pushing this false narrative that I just disappeared. I don’t think i’ve Even been prodded.
"I don't think I've even been prodded," except you have.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Flicker, look at my big pairing analysis.

If you’re town, Trekkie/2nd is clearly the scum team, and I’ll vote either.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Oh, I did.

Idk why you chose to bring it up. I said “I don’t think I have been”.

You’re just looking to tear down and little thing. Longer you keep it going, scummier you look out of it.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:12 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 527, Flicker wrote:
In post 519, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:You’re not. You can easily be scum with Trekkie. You’re experienced, you know what’s up. Tell Guten to claim doc and Trekkie do the same, they’re in the clear for awhile. There’s risk of a CC, but you’ve said you’re up for a risk sometimes. I find Flicker’s jailkeeper claim to be more genuine at the moment since we lost the possibility of there being a roleblocker (RB could easily fakeclaim JK). You said Emperor would flip town, cool, and I read it as a cop subtleclaim. You could easily be the rolecop and that was free brownie points for you.
If you think my claim is genuine and Trekkie is scum, then why not vote for Trekkie? Pedit: Day 3 LYLO is a day to reexamine all your reads, not to trust yourself - there's a reason I gave that "trust no one" advice before day end yesterday, and it goes back to my first Newbie game, where the winning scum team included a universally townread player.
In post 519, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:I’m not actively seeking a turbo nor do I think there will be one because I’ve got my heart set on you being scum. Flicker explicitly advocating for a turbo should not have been said, however. Before you say my vote carries more weight than his words, reread the first sentence of this paragraph.
I wasn't advocating for a turbo, especially given my lack of voting, I was saying it was my immediate reaction.

Also, "your heart set on someone being scum" is a very strange turn of phrase. He's scum or he's not scum, your heart doesn't enter into it.

(Unless maybe you're trying to set him up as scum, aka you're actually scum?)
I’m willing to risk my towniness by placing a pressure vote on you right now, and it’s definitely working.
But you're not risking your towniness, you're potentially risking the game for not just you but the other two of us.
I'm saying I've made up my mind who I want lynched today ("have my heart set on it"), and that's who I feel most confident is scum.

There's always the possibility I'm wrong. I was wrong about Emperor. It's just a game. I've gotten far too involved in the past (in a highly negative way, such as flaming) to over-worry about it. I'm surprised I wasn't lynched or even pressured yesterday because of my hammer Day 1. But I wasn't, I'm here, and I'm trying to win the game as town. I've wanted Flavor gone the entire game, and I'm not gonna sit and pick between two claims.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:15 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 531, Flavor Leaf wrote:Oh, I did.

You’re just looking to tear down and little thing. Longer you keep it going, scummier you look out of it.
No because you were so adamant Day 1 about leading town and you posted lots and extremely consistently, even while managing four games. I get that you had a V/LA, but your play Day 2 looks absolutely nothing like Day 1. You waited it out because you knew you could, no one's been following me on your wagon the whole game, so it's a good safe move from you to stay out of the spotlight and not try to force anything after coming back. Dude it's smart, good job, but now you're some superhero that's gonna swoop in and say I'm the scummy one? Nah bro
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Without even reevaluating even though i’m the only one who was trying to not have Emperor lynched.

Alright, lol.

@Flicker - you want Trekkie or 2nd today?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 533, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 531, Flavor Leaf wrote:Oh, I did.

No because you were so adamant Day 1 about leading town and you posted lots and extremely consistently, even while managing four games. I get that you had a V/LA, but your play Day 2 looks absolutely nothing like Day 1. You waited it out because you knew you could, no one's been following me on your wagon the whole game, so it's a good safe move from you to stay out of the spotlight and not try to force anything after coming back. Dude it's smart, good job, but now you're some superhero that's gonna swoop in and say I'm the scummy one? Nah bro
Eh, I lurk out more as town than scum anyways. I’m a try hard scum.

And no, I had a site wide lull for a bit. I was even VLA for 5 days, and then had a bunch to catch up on site wide.

So nice misrep.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:18 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 530, Flavor Leaf wrote:Flicker, look at my big pairing analysis.

If you’re town, Trekkie/2nd is clearly the scum team, and I’ll vote either.
In post 528, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 525, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:

You don’t have to ask someone to vote with you to pander towards them. You gotta make them “want to vote with you” and for them to “come to the conclusion on their own”.

You’re doing well. Keep it up. This is fun.

But you will feel the Third Degree Boon
Does the same thing he accuses me of doing. Cute
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 526, Flavor Leaf wrote:I don’t know why you keep pushing this false narrative that I just disappeared. I don’t think i’ve Even been prodded.
Actually, the only player left without a prod this game is Alonzo, which I would consider to be slightly towny. But also, people say activity is NAI (even though I've seen a few "sort by post; scum's at the bottom" games), and even if it was AI, I don't think it's strongly AI.

Pedit: I did look at your pairings post, Flavor. It seems pretty good, but I want to go back and reread the thread, too, and do my own pairings analysis from my perspective, just to be sure. I've never been in LYLO in a game I started in, so I want to do my best to get it right.

Also, I think you missed Alonzo/2nd in your analysis?

Pedit2: 2nd, this is a team game, so if you're town, could you please put aside your reasons and unvote, for me and our other teammate?

Pedit3: FMPOV, today we have to lynch Trekkie b/c of the fakeclaim, and deal with his partner tomorrow. But I don't want to rush it.

(Sheesh, I'm having a real hard time keeping up with the thread right now... :eek: )
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

You don’t need to act the same throughout the game. In fact, it’s scummier to try so because they’re trying to be consistent. I just kind of don’t worry about that and just post whatever comes to my mind. If nothing is coming to my mind because I’m not mentally in the game, i don’t post.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I didn’t miss Alonzo/2nd. It physically can’t be the team because of the claiming between you two.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:20 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 534, Flavor Leaf wrote:Without even reevaluating even though i’m the only one who was trying to not have Emperor lynched.

Alright, lol.

Yeah you said that for free town points. You knew he'd get lynched, he was at L-1 for awhile. Again, it keeps you out of the spotlight.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

2nd’s just scum, Flicker. Let the vote stay, it’ll prove itself.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:22 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 537, Flicker wrote:
In post 526, Flavor Leaf wrote:I don’t know why you keep pushing this false narrative that I just disappeared. I don’t think i’ve Even been prodded.
Actually, the only player left without a prod this game is Alonzo, which I would consider to be slightly towny. But also, people say activity is NAI (even though I've seen a few "sort by post; scum's at the bottom" games), and even if it was AI, I don't think it's strongly AI.

Pedit: I did look at your pairings post, Flavor. It seems pretty good, but I want to go back and reread the thread, too, and do my own pairings analysis from my perspective, just to be sure. I've never been in LYLO in a game I started in, so I want to do my best to get it right.

Also, I think you missed Alonzo/2nd in your analysis?

Pedit2: 2nd, this is a team game, so if you're town, could you please put aside your reasons and unvote, for me and our other teammate?

Pedit3: FMPOV, today we have to lynch Trekkie b/c of the fakeclaim, and deal with his partner tomorrow. But I don't want to rush it.

(Sheesh, I'm having a real hard time keeping up with the thread right now... :eek: )
I'm not unvoting. Lynch me for it
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 391, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 389, Alonzo wrote:
In post 342, Rob14 wrote:muh316: Bulbazoor, Flicker, residentcalleddean, Flavor Leaf, 2ndStoryWindow (5)
Flavour what was your reason for wanting Muh dead?
It was time for the day to end, and he wasn’t a town read.

I don’t have strong scum reads this game.

I’m town reading Bulba because he made some plays like the pulling off of me that was townie.

I’m town reading 2nd because he’s doing a try hard town mentality game solvey play.

I’m town reading Emperor because as scum, I don’t think he’d be as lost as he is or wagons getting pushed.

That’s where I’m st right now.
In post 393, Flavor Leaf wrote:I might be lean scumming Flicker because he did the opposite of 2nd and looks like a try hard scum mode activated.

I feel Emperor was the easy way out with that reads list, and sat on the fence for most of the reads.
In post 439, Flavor Leaf wrote:Damn, I accidentally unsubscribed this thread. :lol:

I was wondering why it wasn’t seeming to me like anything was happening here.

Anyways, yeah, Flicker’s the scummiest for me.

Emperor’s flip on me is townie to me.
In post 440, Flavor Leaf wrote:2nd story, emperor, Bulba are all townie to me. I’ve explained them, but I’ll probably explain it multiple times.

Alonzo hasn’t pinged me as scum, so I’m seeing genuine town there. Could be fooled, but I’m not thinking so.

Leaves Flicker and Trekkie.

I feel Trekkie came in and chainsaw’d me (attacking a person who is attacking a partner), so I could see a Flicker/Trekkie team.
In post 444, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 443, Bulbazoor wrote:I'll be making a decision tomorrow. The doc claim still feels genuine and I wonder why flavor has him in his srs?
I mixed that up. My bad.

I’m unsure what I think of the doc claim mixed in with Trekkie’s comments about N1 action.

I still think flicker.

I started town reading Emperor before he started to turn his read around on me.
In post 448, Flavor Leaf wrote:If Emperor and I were the scum team, there was absolutely zero reasoning for Vorkuta death, as that would have been a great asset to have.

Also, what reasoning would I have to defend Emperor. I'd gain much more as scum if I were to bus him in this position.
In post 450, Flavor Leaf wrote:And with a Flicker red flip, it proves that Emperor and I couldn't be scum together.
In post 455, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 454, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 441, Alonzo wrote:I disagree with you on Emperor, I think that slot has scum equity off the back of the lynch on Muh, otherwise I cant really disagree with anything your saying.

My problem is that theres been alot of lurking, and you seem to be townreading players who TR you and Scumreading those who don't.

Could be nothing, could be something.

Well I didn’t vote D1, if I was scum I would of voted for whatever bandwagon would of got a lynch the fastest
Like, this is WIFOM, but it’s genuine as hell.

This is town.
In post 462, Flavor Leaf wrote:He doesn’t flip scum here.

Misrep some more, 2nd. :lol:

Also, this was all day 2, so i was here.

I was even pushing Flicker yesterday as red, and was able to see that I was probably wrong on that.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 539, Flavor Leaf wrote:I didn’t miss Alonzo/2nd. It physically can’t be the team because of the claiming between you two.
Oh, right, haha, of course.
In post 540, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 534, Flavor Leaf wrote:Without even reevaluating even though i’m the only one who was trying to not have Emperor lynched.

Alright, lol.

Yeah you said that for free town points. You knew he'd get lynched, he was at L-1 for awhile. Again, it keeps you out of the spotlight.
Being the only person advocating against a lynch in no way keeps someone out of the spotlight.

Pedit:
Don't think I'm not tempted. If you're town, I'm gonna be so pissed.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also, with this post here, I’m tied with you for the most posts in the game, so I don’t know what your plan is on misrepping me so hard.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:27 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I now have the most posts in this game, how am I out of the spotlight?

I don’t think it’s possible for me to be out of the spotlight.

Even if I’m not posting I’m in the spotlight apparently, haha.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Flicker - his tunnel mindset is actually a pretty decent scum play. It makes him come off as tunneling town and kind of AtE’s us a bit.

If he is actually just tunneling town, well, yeah, he should listen to both of us, but if it smells like scum, acts like scum, it’s probably just scum.

It also benefits scum to attempt to end the game today, which means going for Alonzo or Myself was the right play to avoid the claiming issue, as Trekkie was likely to lose that.

It’s pretty solid scum play, but scum play nonetheless.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 96, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:I don’t like FL and Vork’s flattery. It feels as though they’re using it to buddy up. For now, my VOTE: Flavour Leaf lands here, primarily because it feels like he’s trying too hard to blend in.
This also explains why Vorkuta died Night 1. It bothered 2nd from the beginning, and 2nd decided they were going to hide behind pushing me early on.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 544, Flicker wrote:
In post 539, Flavor Leaf wrote:I didn’t miss Alonzo/2nd. It physically can’t be the team because of the claiming between you two.
Oh, right, haha, of course.
In post 540, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:

Alright, lol.

Being the only person advocating against a lynch in no way keeps someone out of the spotlight.

Pedit:
Don't think I'm not tempted. If you're town, I'm gonna be so pissed.
Prepare to be pissed. I already am

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”