micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:27 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 872, mastina wrote:
In post 7, podoboq wrote:
In post 3, schadd_ wrote:15 days because of Assorted Holiday
Thanks for that. Probably not gonna be here until Wednesday. As such, not gonna RVS. Happy holidays peeps. See you in a few days.
This felt worse than skitter's entrance because it was even more clinical, and yet lacked the personality justification. podoboq is not a player I'd associate with that more "constructed" style of play when town, and would be someone I'd actually describe as a northsidegal-type of inquisitive: pushing forward, but lighthearted when doing so. This just felt entirely too serious, and he felt the need to correct a typo by making a follow-through post. It showed that he was paying close enough attention to realize he made a mistake, and yet, I'm meant to believe he wasn't paying close enough attention to form any sort of RVS? That he wouldn't be around for a couple of days was no excuse; you can always remove an RVS vote when you get back if need be.
..this doesn't make any sense.

We have never played together, but for some reason you have an opinion on the kind of RVS post you'd expect me to make?

If you knew me well enough, you'd know I don't put much stock in RVS anyway. I don't like to leave my vote sitting around where it doesn't belong. I participate in RVS anyway, but so that I can get reactions from people, and play around. If I'm going to be completely gone, which I was, I seriously don't see the point.

mastina is either pretending to know my personality, despite never playing with me, or legitimately thinks she understand my personality, despite never playing with me, in my first two posts of the game.....W H A T?
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:29 am

Post by the worst »

In post 872, mastina wrote:serious readslist
I was correct on your choice of language wrt nsg/me but I thought your readslist was used to reaction test NSG. :facepalm:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:30 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 874, skitter30 wrote:also where does your impression of my game stem from?
(she hasn't played with me iether; although it's possible she backup modded one or two that i was in? idk, that's why i'm asking)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:31 am

Post by the worst »

find a scumgame of mastina's (e.g. mini theme encore mafia now without cults by KittyMo) and read the opening few scum pt posts by mastina, she Knows All
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:37 am

Post by podoboq »

These are my only completed games where I've actually participated in RVS. All the others, I either abstained, or we were simply out of RVS by the time I voted.

Subject: Open 647: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)
podoboq wrote:VOTE: Cakez, he's totally the serial killer, guys.
Subject: New York 196: My Game, My Flavor Mafia (Mafia Win)
podoboq wrote:My name is less confusing to type than Boem_u_dusi
VOTE: Nosferatu
Subject: Mini 1813 - Overwatch Mafia! TOWN WINS
podoboq wrote:VOTE: The Engineer
He's not even from this game!

A note to all players, I will be V/LA for the next week, as I'm on vacation in DC. Can usually check in and post at night, but access will be, you know....limited.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:38 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 878, the worst wrote:find a scumgame of mastina's (e.g. mini theme encore mafia now without cults by KittyMo) and read the opening few scum pt posts by mastina, she Knows All
If mastina actually knows all, then she's misrepping me. I think it's more reasonable to say that mastina thinks she knows all.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:46 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 872, mastina wrote:This just felt entirely too serious
For what it's worth, I was also dreading seeing my family at the time that I checked in here. My Christmas kind of sucked. Call my post clinical and serious if you want, but I wasn't exactly in a lighthearted mood. I don't think that's abnormal for me, but since apparently you do, perhaps recognizing the context will help you understand why people aren't always tonally consistent.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by mastina »

And to properly go through the stuff that I skipped:
In post 188, skitter30 wrote:i've never played with her
Not so. We've played together on multiple occasions. Just because you don't remember it doesn't mean they didn't happen. I'd go search for them but they may involve alts so I'll just leave it as a generic "I have in fact played with you".

Also.

I read basically every Normal game, which I know you've played some of.

And I am involved in the moderation of some other games (mostly large themes), so I see you there, too.

You're not exactly someone I know intimately to soulreading levels, but you're far from someone I have no familiarity with. With the exception of Pink Ball, I've got extensive experience with every single player in this game. (Even if they don't realize it.)
In post 191, the worst wrote:mastina and I have played together 2? times I think (not discussing alts etc. etc.)
Pretending experience on alts doesn't count does you no favors. It absolutely does--and so, too, does my experience in games where I am not a player but am indirectly involved. (For instance, the aforementioned every-Normal-ever and many theme games.)

I mean, yeah, I play differently on alts than I do my main, and I do appreciate them not being outed--but pretending the experience doesn't exist is fallacious because the experience still forms a part of
my
view on players.
In post 56, sheepsaysmeep wrote:his confidence in thread and lamist ish attitude/how much he's engaging with me is really prominent in all his v games and it feels exactly like this
While my read on sheep is thoroughly meh, this meta is accurate in my experience. The way Nibbui is going around this game is precisely what I'd expect of him as town, albeit with the caveat that I don't actually have any knowledge that I can recollect of Nibbui's scum meta, so I can only speak for half the picture. (In other words, the meta read's weakened by me not being able to properly distinguish between playstyle tells and towntells, but is still matching the town games to a T, if that makes sense.)
In post 81, InfiniteSoda wrote:Just getting a quick vote in during my 5-minute internet access at the public library
VOTE: Mastina
This was an utter wash as far as entrances go. It was fairly difficult for me to get a read on it. Him and sheep are, obviously, the strong points of null. sheep, due to having a complete mind numb on read (I read sheep's posts and utterly glossed over them, unable to really process them with an alignment in mind); him, due to this just being...there. It's not really something I'd say is scum, but it's also not something which screams town.
In post 89, northsidegal wrote:/lazyposting
{nsg}
{tw, sheep}
{skitter}
{everyone else}
{nibbui}
This readslist was exactly what she said it was: lazy. It's a pretty terrible readslist, but alignment-wise my thought on it was that it was completely and entirely, 100%, not alignment indicative either way. Given my prior townread on nsg tho, it wasn't really worth bringing up.

When I saw her interact with Nibbui more, I thought it was a fairly town-town interaction on both sides, tho--but because both were already topping my townreads
anyway
, I didn't really feel like emphasizing the fact.

When I say someone is town, I tend not to put special emphasis on them being town past that point--the sole exception to this is if the player I am calling town is at risk of being lynched. If they are close to being lynched, then, obviously, I need to emphasize why they are town to dissuade that outcome, but other than that, my feeling is mostly a "said once, then done". I said nsg and Nibbui were town, I was done.
(Scumreads, on the other hand--keep pushing them until they no longer are.)

Along the same lines:
In post 202, Pink Ball wrote:Oops spoilers, I should've used the spoiler tag for that, sorry
Pink Ball has been a townread and this line of posting only strengthened it further.
In post 123, the worst wrote:This is the lucidity I was lookin for last night
Did we roll t/t again? <3
If I had been playing seriously at the time I read this, I may have been able to explain why this felt scum, because I remember rather clearly being icked out by this, but I can't remember why--the feeling is still there, tho. It feels
wrong
In post 133, the worst wrote:I'm not really in the mood to talk thru my view on rvs but I feel Nibbui is a little lukewarm on pg3
it's towny tho and not bad just..ok
This one, too.
In post 134, the worst wrote:
In post 77, skitter30 wrote:^^^^ the already gives off the connotation that a guilty wouldn't be the wrong result, that you kinda think that there's a possibility that this may happen in the future
i'm aware that i'm reading into connotations but that's the vibe that it gave off to me and i'm trying to articulate what exactly was bothering me about it
wolves (Nibbui's scumstyle being a classic example) edit around stuff like this in opening posts :lol: as a major rvs junkie this post is like, NAI / maybe 1% town indicative
In post 135, the worst wrote:
In post 81, InfiniteSoda wrote:Just getting a quick vote in during my 5-minute internet access at the public library
VOTE: Mastina
awoo
These, however, I remember my issue. It's splitting the difference. Trying to have the best of both worlds. It's not all lighthearted fluff, but it's not all seriousness, yet there's no magical blend of the two. They're separate from one another. There's a magical formula, call it whimsy, call it whatever, where one can be both serious and lighthearted at the same time, yet with the worst here, the seriousness is separated from the lighthearted, and that divide between the two is something I'd expect to see in him as scum.

Look at all of his posting on that page.
There is a grand total of one which doesn't suffer from that problem.
Can you find it?

(VVV It's not this post btw. VVV)
In post 149, the worst wrote:{Nibbui}
{podoboq, Punk Bill, mastina} = null
{InfiniteSoda, nsg}
These reads were also, overall, fairly noncontroversial and ridiculously safe to make. (Skitter was potentially arguably an easy read to have, but, eh. Benefit of the doubt, we'll say that wasn't a safe read even though that conclusion is debatable. The only unambiguously unusual read there was sheep as town in my opinion.)

Everyone was lining up to scumread northsidegal.
Everyone was going to townread Nibbui given like five pages.
Infinite Soda was an easy scumread to take.
podoboq and Pink Bill are both obvious nulls to take as well--the only non-obvious null there is myself, and that can easily be explained by being afraid to sort me the wrong way. (I am equally skilled at picking up erroneous townreads and scumreads. Which, ironically. Makes it an easy to pick out erroneous nullread, but I digress.)

So pretty much an entire readslist filled with safe calls--when northsidegal posted a lazy readslist, it was nothing compared to this one. Because this one is all-around entirely lazy and unoriginal.

That being said--there was, on the next page. A single glimmer of what I was looking for from a town the worst. If I saw more of it, I'd be convinced he was town, but with it only in the one post, it's not something he can't do as scum. (Albeit, not intentionally--the thing I am thinking about is a thing which looks town that he as scum wouldn't have intentionally done and would've done entirely by accident, thus why it wouldn't be replicatable.)

There's also a second town indicator, but of the type which is fakeable.

And the page after contains more content which might be a town indicator, but of a
different type
of can-be-done-as-scum.

Basically.

There's like 3, 4 different types of town-looking content that scum can make--a player making one in overwhelming quantities is an indicator that they aren't scum; a player making more than one in large quantities is indicative of them being town; a player making one of each type--but
not
making more than one or two of each type--is not something that indicates town, because a well-rounded scum player will always hit some of their town notes, in limited quantities.

And quantity is the problem I am talking about--there are aspects of town in the worst's posting, but none so strongly overwhelming as to be something beyond his scum range.
And I see evidence of his scumplay strewn about.

So that catches me up to .

The rest is new content for me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 243, the worst wrote:@mastina I think I kinda said a less elaborate version of what I was thinking but lmk if you want some elaboration
I did in fact want this.
In post 254, Pink Ball wrote:To clarify: I don't think I solved the game, that's a joke. But now that I'm caught up I can go with those sweet interactions. I have no solid reads right now, since we still have InfiniteSoda and podoboq not playing at that could change everything. I mean, I think people have talked about InfiniteSoda not being here but nothing about podoboq, so that could mean something, right? I don't like sheep's way of playing and that could influence my read on him. duckling is too damn cute to be real.

My readlist would go something like:
{Nibbui} townread
{mastina; skitter; NSG} townlean (in that order)
{InfiniteSoda, podoboq} Null
{the worst; sheep} scumlean
{-}scumread
This is a god-tiered post.
In post 255, the worst wrote:> preflip associatives
> one dimensional meta tells
> "i'm playing different from my scumgame ERGO"

this might actually be town but god our playstyles are not compatible at all, i'm going to let someone else sort you for me

in the interim what do you like about nsg and what part of mastina's play so far has been notably towny to you?
are you townreading nibbui independently or is it just based on jank pre-flip associatives?
The opposite of a god-tiered post is of course a trash-tiered post, and this would be that!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 882, mastina wrote:Not so. We've played together on multiple occasions. Just because you don't remember it doesn't mean they didn't happen. I'd go search for them but they may involve alts so I'll just leave it as a generic "I have in fact played with you".
i'm like ~93% certain i've not played with the mastina account but i acknowledge it's possible i'm forgetting something. could be on alts but if so i don't know them

but fair enough wrt modding/normals

btw i'm reading everything you ahve to say but like i don't have much to say on it
In post 882, mastina wrote:While my read on sheep is thoroughly meh, this meta is accurate in my experience. The way Nibbui is going around this game is precisely what I'd expect of him as town, albeit with the caveat that I don't actually have any knowledge that I can recollect of Nibbui's scum meta, so I can only speak for half the picture. (In other words, the meta read's weakened by me not being able to properly distinguish between playstyle tells and towntells, but is still matching the town games to a T, if that makes sense.)
like i don't really know how to engage with a read like this because i don't know why you think this game is 'precisely what you'd expect of him as town'; it's kinda subjective and like i don't really know how to translate this into how *i* read people if that makes sense
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by podoboq »

As a person who hasn't played on site in a long time, and doesn't usually play more than one game at a time, all this talk of meta is going from mildly annoying to seriously frustrating.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 341, Nibbui wrote:Can we policy lynch him?
The only policy lynch I'll accept is one where we make it a policy to lynch scum*. :cool:

Granted a lack of multiball that is because fuck policy-lynching nontown for being nontown when they are trying to help the town. >_> <_<
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 367, sheepsaysmeep wrote:idk what to do tw's policy lynch post is definitely pretty bad yeah
Pretty much!
In post 394, the worst wrote:i'm so in 'gottem mode' because i think nsg is uncharacteristically caught zzz
You think you've caught nsg. And yet...
In post 346, the worst wrote:willing to policy {bunk bill, infinitesoda} because i cbf reading thru bill's irritating bravado and rhetoric
think wolves are more like {nsg, ???}
VOTE: nsg
Are willing to lynch two players who if town would place us in lylo, instead of her. :igmeou:
In post 398, podoboq wrote:Holy shit, guys. I guess I'm starting my read now. I'll post thoughts as I go. Gonna have to take a break for lunch in a bit.
This was a terrible entrance.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 405, podoboq wrote:
In post 114, mastina wrote:Since you've been so cooperative, I think I'll give you my readslist!

northsidegal
Pink Ball
Nibbui
InfiniteSoda
sheepsaysmeep
skitter30
podoboq
the worst
Is this a joke? Soda and I had said literally nothing of value.
VOTE: podoboq.
I know this is not the first time you've seen this style of readslist, where off of seemingly nothing, there is a readslist.
You have played in games featuring that before, rather prominently in fact, and pretending you're not familiar with it won't work because I can hunt them down rather easily. I KNOW you know better than to think this.

Paired with the rather terrible catch-up overall.

I'm actually feeling much, much stronger on podoboq being scum than I am on the worst--which really says something.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 423, podoboq wrote:{sheep}
{skitter30, Nibbui}
{the worst}
{Pink Ball}
{mastina} NULL
{InfiniteSoda, northsidegal}
Funny.

This list looks strangely familiar......
In post 149, the worst wrote:{tw}
{sheepy}
{Nibbui}
{}
{skitter}
{podoboq, Punk Bill, mastina} = null
{InfiniteSoda, nsg}
{}so forth
:shifty:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 428, the worst wrote:I'm mafia irl probably
Honestly feel that the worst-podoboq interactions are scum-scum. That banter just altogether has the aura of scum theater to it, where neither is really putting their heart into the interaction with the other.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by mastina »

So I've read through 20, but I'm pretty sure I need to stop reading right now because I'm glossing over everything and not really thinking critically at this point. I'm just.
Scroll. Scroll. Scroll. Scroll scroll scroll. Scroll.

I'm reading, I'm just not really. Processing, if you know what I mean. So this'll be it for now.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by the worst »

you don't find sheep's readlist suspiciously familiar too?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by the worst »

wait page 20
sorry mind is elsewhere
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by podoboq »

Hey guys, real quick. Is the general consensus that mastina is incredible at this game?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by the worst »

no
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by podoboq »

Alright cool. She’s either extremely bad and wrong here or just scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by the worst »

her scumgame is Solid, her towngame is hit and miss. she's rly fun to play with though bc she decides her agenda and pushes it like really really hard with tremendous waterfalls of spectacular prose
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Nibbui »

VOTE: podoboq
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

@podoboq I don't know 'cause I haven't played with here, but I love her playstyle. Only by reading her catch up I feel more wise as a person. Just think about it: if she's town, the way she reads the thread is outstanding; if she's scum, even better.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”