Newbie 1917 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:49 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

page top to remind everyone that chen is at L-1
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:52 am

Post by Thespio »

Lion do you think its odd, when we tryed to lynch chen there wasnt any other wagon going? and now when we start pushing noodle we have U R A Person 2 flipping onto chen? to me that looks SUPER scummy.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:53 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 413, Screamingnoodle wrote:So @Echo. Since there have been no actions in the game.. how can I be scumread?? Besides being AFK and obviously not being a well oiled mafiascum player. I want to know why you think I'm false.

@GL, Okay, finally getting an answer. Thank you. Exactly how am I supposed to help do that? Call out Chen for voting me? Oh wait... I did that in which you kinda took the reins and ran with. Am I to jump into the spotlight and point fingers without any information to go on... and expect everyone to make their case on why they arn't? I've said time and time again we have nothing substantial and I think we need to come to a lynch as we can all probably learn a lot when that happens. (See response from Echo, I feel this would just be a round robin if this is what you expect.)
because when the slightest suspicion arose on you, you immediately began your defense
although, it wasn't a good defense... it was simply "i'm town because I said so" which is weak and has no place in a mafia game
then, as the push continued, you didn't try to throw the wagon on anybody else, you didn't provide reason for it being false, you just stuck with "i'm town because i said so" and ran with it
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:53 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

huh - im making up a quick vote count and am noting that thespio's only vote is his rvs vote on GL
103-11 0-2
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:54 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 415, TTTT wrote:
In post 399, Screamingnoodle wrote:I have a defense when I know people are wagoning me for the wrong reasons, especially when it will hurt the town.
what would be a correct reason to wagon you?
to piggyback on this, you claim that this is a wrong reason to wagon you, so where's your defense?
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:54 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 476, Thespio wrote:Lion do you think its odd, when we tryed to lynch chen there wasnt any other wagon going? and now when we start pushing noodle we have U R A Person 2 flipping onto chen? to me that looks SUPER scummy.
no

there not being any counterwagon to chen makes sense if he is scum, especially because both you and CsBlastoise defended the slot without really doing much pushing elsewhere, and screaming noodle (if town) has also basically not been participating that much

and I agree with URAP2 completely that chennisden's comment about 1 scum off wagon looks like a bonafide scumslip. add that to his contradicting himself on why he read Newbie 1912 and I'm totally satisfied with a lynch there today, it's not like he's ever going to be a slot that you never lynch this game
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:55 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 417, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 413, Screamingnoodle wrote: @GL, Okay, finally getting an answer. Thank you. Exactly how am I supposed to help do that? Call out Chen for voting me? Oh wait... I did that in which you kinda took the reins and ran with. Am I to jump into the spotlight and point fingers without any information to go on... and expect everyone to make their case on why they arn't? I've said time and time again we have nothing substantial and I think we need to come to a lynch as we can all probably learn a lot when that happens. (See response from Echo, I feel this would just be a round robin if this is what you expect.)
re: how am I supposed to help, jump into the spotlight - uh, yes that's exactly what would help? What else are we supposed to do today? but I don't think we should be concerned with people making cases for why they are town at this stage, much like yours it's going to be unconvincing regardless of who it comes from. What helps a lot more is to be making cases on each other and exploring/justifying scumreads, because then we can see who is thinking like an uninformed townie vs who is making up fake reasoning to push a mislynch. so I would expect town to be talking to people, pressuring people, proactively sharing thoughts and working with their townreads to sort their scumreads, but so far you seem to have an aversion towards doing this.

You keep talking about how we don't have "information" but what in your opinion qualifies as actually good information that would be worthy of a scumread/vote? Because if you have mafia experience in your past I would expect you to understand that town has to make votes and get into arguments to get information, especially on D1.
this
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:55 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

same is true of TTTT, lol though it wasn't an RVS vote
103-11 0-2
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:56 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 422, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 417, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 413, Screamingnoodle wrote: What helps a lot more is to be making cases on each other and exploring/justifying scumreads, because then we can see who is thinking like an uninformed townie vs who is making up fake reasoning to push a mislynch. so I would expect town to be talking to people, pressuring people, proactively sharing thoughts and working with their townreads to sort their scumreads, but so far you seem to have an aversion towards doing this.
I don't have an aversion to this at all... Have you seen my posts today? Yes, I guess I should be more on the offensive rather that the defensive. It's certainly a better strategy. I guess I just post the first thing that comes to my head and I tend to be on the defense as is my personality.
So I'll point fingers with no basis, and you can do the same and we are suppose to magically come to the same conclusion? Cool.
[I think I remember why I hate D1 so much. I feel rusty AF playing with you all.]
honestly that's exactly it
that's how you play d1, nothing more, nothing less. you throw around scum reads and votes and see who reacts poorly to them, and IMO you've reacted the scummiest out of you and chen
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:59 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

UNOFFICIAL VC

Chen(4) - TTTT (18), NMSA (254), URAP2 (462), GL (474)
ScreamingNoodle (2) - EchoVision (394), Chennisden (441)
GL(1) - Thespio

not voting - CSBlastoise (0), Screamingnoodle (118)

no promises to accuracy, but im pretty sure it's accurate
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:00 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 484, u r a person 2 wrote:UNOFFICIAL VC

Chen(4) - TTTT (18), NMSA (254), URAP2 (462), GL (474)
ScreamingNoodle (2) - EchoVision (394), Chennisden (441)
GL(1) - Thespio (19)

not voting - CSBlastoise (0), Screamingnoodle (118)

no promises to accuracy, but im pretty sure it's accurate
added post number to thespio's vote
103-11 0-2
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:02 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 71, Screamingnoodle wrote:Well... No better way to start a fun game than for everyone to start arguments over seemingly meaningless information, or no information at all.

My 2 cents, voting is always a good way of getting people to talk. Dissecting why someone thinks another is scummie at this point in the game, is kind of silly. At the same time, actions speak volumes so watching closely is key, which I'm really keen to do. ;)

I have never played on MafiaScum before, however I'm no stranger to Mafia and used to play on another forum years ago. It's been a few years since I've played so I'm re-introducing myself to the gameplay. That's a little about myself. Can't wait to get to know you all better.
i'm reading through looking at screamingnoodle + chen interactions and i stumble upon this

you acknowledge that voting is a good way to get people to talk, but then you continue on in the game saying what you've said ? how we're supposed to base everything off of nothing and it's just a bunch of pointing fingers

it's not consistent with this post
you also say how actions speak volumes, yet your only defense includes NO actions, and only "i'm town bc i said so"

not a fan of this slot
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:07 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 485, u r a person 2 wrote:added post number to thespio's vote
I dont waste my votes, with no one screaming scum i dont see any reason to use it, although we have half the day left, im fine leaving wagon as is and kiling chen with 1 day remaining.

@lion I agree he has some wierd things but if there is an SE scum I would think they would look better. also no counterwagon would mean (if hes scum) his partner is less active. otherwise you would expect to see a 2nd wagon pop up to try to shift off of them, in my many years of experience it has always been one of those two things.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:10 am

Post by Screamingnoodle »

In post 476, Thespio wrote:Lion do you think its odd, when we tryed to lynch chen there wasnt any other wagon going? and now when we start pushing noodle we have U R A Person 2 flipping onto chen? to me that looks SUPER scummy.
Same exact thought I had on this.. Very scummy
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:12 am

Post by EchoVision »

spoilered bc lots of text
In post 9, chennisden wrote:VOTE: Screamingnoodle Gonna put the pressure on someone who's confirmed while I'm waiting for the inactives.
In post 36, Screamingnoodle wrote:Well, then.. VOTE: chennisden returning the favor.

Confirmed roles and all..
:D
In post 93, Screamingnoodle wrote:Though, I wont be changing my vote unless I have a reason to believe the person is not for team town.
In post 95, chennisden wrote:@screaming wait did you just OMGUS me

thoughts: TTTT is probably town tunneling too hard at the beginning. See Newbie 1912 where Enter pushed Loopdan for a D1 lynch. Somewhere between Null & Town Lean

CsBlastoise is Town Lean for trying not to push town too hard at the beginning.

@Thespio what makes you think people are trying to lynch me? Two of the three on my wagon are applying pressure and the other is OMGUSing(?)

@Screaming an OMGUS is usually indicative of scum, though I won't scumread you off of that.
In post 107, chennisden wrote:Reads organized because mine are currently scattered:

TTTT: Slight scumlean

Screaming: basically null. one OMGUS but can be explained by 1) RVS 2) newness

Thespio: Weird case here, he has some incredibly townish behavior but some really weird scum behavior (such as, if he is scum, buddying). I will give thoughts. Since he's experienced I don't think he'd be a newbscum inconsistently playing. I have some thoughts about his role, but don't want to share them yet. Slight Town-lean (though this is subject to change). Keep in mind role not alignment

GL: Town-lean. Goes without explanation. He is simply advancing town meta.

Blastoise: I am not going to Conf-town anyone in <24 hrs. But he's the closest.

everyone else: null.

I would vote TTTT, but if he's town I don't want scum to be able to theoretically decide to hammer him if they have to. Putting anyone at L-2 is bad (but I think TTTT is scummy so scum can't completely hammer me.)
In post 108, chennisden wrote:This vote is not going to be putting any pressure.

UNVOTE:
In post 115, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 95, chennisden wrote:@screaming wait did you just OMGUS me

thoughts: TTTT is probably town tunneling too hard at the beginning. See Newbie 1912 where Enter pushed Loopdan for a D1 lynch. Somewhere between Null & Town Lean

CsBlastoise is Town Lean for trying not to push town too hard at the beginning.

@Thespio what makes you think people are trying to lynch me? Two of the three on my wagon are applying pressure and the other is OMGUSing(?)

@Screaming an OMGUS is usually indicative of scum, though I won't scumread you off of that.
I have no idea what that means. I simply voted for you, as you voted for me when all I did was show up?
Haha Is that what that means?
In post 116, chennisden wrote:An "OMGUS" is when you vote for someone after they voted for you. Given that it was RVS, your OMGUS wouldn't have meant much if it didn't mean Mafia can lynch me at any time (presuming everyone on my wagon is Town).

And yeah I just picked a random name to vote for. Looking back there were better people to vote for, but hindsight 20/20
In post 118, Screamingnoodle wrote:UNVOTE: Chan

In kind, returning the favor. Lol

But still no idea who to vote for. Looks like we are leaning TTTT, though. Idk
[/spolier]

aight sup bitches welcome to my ted talk

to start out, the RVS votes on eachother
could
lead to suspicion on them as a scum team, but i feel like that's too much interaction in the start of the game... usually i feel like noobs tend to either 1. act like their scum buddy doesn't exist and ignore everything they do or 2. copy the ever loving fuck out of them

the rvs votes are followed up by noodle saying that she intends to stay there until chen is "proved to be for team town" and then hops off of it once accused of it being OMGUS, in the following post.

chen acknowledges that the vote on noodle isn't going to do much, and gets off, fair enough, but then, the reason for noodle getting off of chen's wagon is because chen got off of hers which I don't like
she said that she intends to stay there until chen's a proven townie, but then gets off simply from an unvote from chen

overall, i don't like their interactions, seems to much like noodle is trying to buddy chen, but i don't know why you'd try to buddy chen when he had the first large wagon on him
although this was before the wagon so i suppose that point could be nullified

maybe noodle tried buddying bc chen seemed like such an active slot ?

maybe me saying that they couldn't be buddies is wrong, i feel like scum!chen could = scum!noodle, however scum!noodle = town!chen IMO
town!noodle = town!chen and town!chen = scum!noodle
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:13 am

Post by EchoVision »

mother fucker i spelled spoiler wrong oops my bad
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Screamingnoodle »

In post 477, EchoVision wrote:
In post 413, Screamingnoodle wrote:So @Echo. Since there have been no actions in the game.. how can I be scumread?? Besides being AFK and obviously not being a well oiled mafiascum player. I want to know why you think I'm false.

@GL, Okay, finally getting an answer. Thank you. Exactly how am I supposed to help do that? Call out Chen for voting me? Oh wait... I did that in which you kinda took the reins and ran with. Am I to jump into the spotlight and point fingers without any information to go on... and expect everyone to make their case on why they arn't? I've said time and time again we have nothing substantial and I think we need to come to a lynch as we can all probably learn a lot when that happens. (See response from Echo, I feel this would just be a round robin if this is what you expect.)
because when the slightest suspicion arose on you, you immediately began your defense
although, it wasn't a good defense... it was simply "i'm town because I said so" which is weak and has no place in a mafia game
then, as the push continued, you didn't try to throw the wagon on anybody else, you didn't provide reason for it being false, you just stuck with "i'm town because i said so" and ran with it
Reason I didn't try and throw the wagon on anyone else, is because I really don't know who best to throw it on. My reads haven't been very good. Though UAP2 is looking quite suspicious to me now..
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 488, Screamingnoodle wrote:
I mean, I dont think you are scum necessarily but this looks like scum switching to someone they read as a PR, seeing as there was no claim from chen.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:14 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 437, chennisden wrote:I intend on voting for her when I case her a little more, let me read her ISO.

Rn she seems ultra scummy, that reverse OMGUS and lurking and not casing anyone AND giving no protown vibes or defense is really not making her look good.
but you discredited scum!noodle due to the OMGUS for the reason that it was RVS ? seems like chen reaching to get attention off of himself
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:16 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 489, EchoVision wrote:maybe me saying that they couldn't be buddies is wrong, i feel like scum!chen could = scum!noodle, however scum!noodle = town!chen IMO
town!noodle = town!chen and town!chen = scum!noodle
how do you feel about U R A Person 2's switch?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:17 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 457, chennisden wrote:and whoever said that there is at most 1 scum on the wagon, then that means there is at least 1 off
i'm wondering if it's possible that scum!chen makes this post when teamed with scum!noodle

my heart says yes but my brain says no
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:17 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 441, chennisden wrote:On mobile so cant quote conveniently, sry.

Screaming, how do you think youve been town telling?

I think youre scum because you havent read anyone except yourself. You have offered no real defense on L-2.

And you have no idea who to lynch probably because you are scum looking for an easy mislynch at this point.

VOTE: ScreamingNoodle

THIS IS L-1 PLEASE NO LOLHAMMERS.

Let her claim! And if she's town, let her give her input before she's lynched! (If shes scum said input might also be helpful.)
i don't like this
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 492, Thespio wrote:
In post 488, Screamingnoodle wrote:
I mean, I dont think you are scum necessarily but this looks like scum switching to someone they read as a PR, seeing as there was no claim from chen.
are you ignoring or missing the point about how chen scumslipped?

he said one scum on wagon / one scum off wagon referring to noodle, while he was voting her. for him to be town that implies that either he thinks there are more than 2 scum or he thinks that noodle is town while putting her at L-1. it makes a lot more sense to think chen is just newbscum who was too eager to post something that sounded involved/insightful that he didn't realize he was confirming noodle as town while saying it.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:22 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 468, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 466, chennisden wrote:
In post 447, u r a person 2 wrote:this wagon has a maximum of one scum on it given TTTT,GL,urap town bloc and echo vs chenn not being SvS
this is the quote
what you said implies that you believe/know SN is town

which does not gel with you voting SN

or scum reading them

or really any town thought process
didn't understand why this post was :neutral: but now i got it

so now, i ask this, if this is scum, was scum on or off the wagon? this question isn't to anybody in particular, open to anyone
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:24 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 497, GuiltyLion wrote:he said one scum on wagon / one scum off wagon referring to noodle, while he was voting her. for him to be town that implies that either he thinks there are more than 2 scum or he thinks that noodle is town while putting her at L-1. it makes a lot more sense to think chen is just newbscum who was too eager to post something that sounded involved/insightful that he didn't realize he was confirming noodle as town while saying it.
Or he thinks there is bussing, really you are playing wifom until you nail him for it, mid maybe questioning his reasoning or what he meant? I know you are town at this point because of this^ but boy you better not ML because you didnt ask questions.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”