Newbie 1922: Give Smith Another Day - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 236, redMeow wrote:And this is what we have now. You're asking everyone, which is a clever move either way:
You want to see what others think about me and godrick, so in case one of us hangs, you will be able to judge other people and probably are able to build traps, no matter if he and I flip town and/or scum.
I can see though how it is a good idea to involve everyone with their reads regarding people and generally I like the idea.

What I conclude: you have lots and lots of gut feelings, mixed ones too, but never care to elaborate.
You're not being consequent with your thoughts or at least you're taking any of us with you on your journey, which is why I will

VOTE: RadiantCowbells
nvm I changed my mind, redMeow has decent odds of scum

this vote is especially bad - everything you say about RadiantCowbells is assuming he is town or has genuine uniformed motivation for what he's doing, but then you say you're voting him basically because he's not playing the game in the way that you want him to. You don't actually think he's mafia here, you just want a reason to put a vote on him.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

okay just read through most of the stuff on page 12

Medic is super obvtown btw just in case that somehow isn't established over the few other pages I've yet to read

and it's slightly weird seeing RC laying out all of his thoughts but they all make complete sense to me so I'm feeling good about a townread there
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:24 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 376, GuiltyLion wrote:it's slightly weird seeing RC laying out all of his thoughts
@_@
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 291, RadiantCowbells wrote:i mean

we know if redmeow/mjl are scum they're probably scum together

we can fairly safely hit someone else and not really risk equity against that scumteam
In post 297, ThatOneMedic wrote:I can see the possible Clearly-godrick team now, but I don't think it's the most likely scenario right now.

The biggest problem for me right now is that I feel like godrick is the individually-scummiest player on this list right now, but given that my first- and second- most likely scumpairings are Red-Godrick and Red-MJL, it's making me wonder whether going for Red is just overall a safer option.

What makes you think Red + godrick doesn't work?

p-edit: oh I guess you think it does
When you said you weren't happy with the associatives, did you mean you had a problem with the associatives themselves this early on or that you thought the associatives made them look suspicious?
It was a little ambiguous, thought it was the former at first
In post 298, RadiantCowbells wrote:nah

i'm not happy with them as in they could be scum.

i'm also not happy with cc/godrick but cc has a few towny posts.
thanks guys for doing all the legwork this game so I don't have to :]
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:27 pm

btw i'm vetoing godrick lynch
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:28 pm

i have no idea what i'm doing right now :(
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:28 pm

/me flails
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

TOM I'm gonna compromise with you here and answer your questions but do it as lazily and hipfirey as possible
In post 363, ThatOneMedic wrote:1. What have you been paying the most attention to this game?
2. Why should I believe that you're town?
3. What's the scummiest thing that your top townread has done?
4. What's the towniest thing that your top scumread has done?
5. What have you noticed so far this game that nobody else has mentioned?
6. How do you feel about your play overall this game?
1. trying to parse the newbie slots, they tend to be easier to read and SEs will show their alignment more from their votes than their posts
2. at this stage in the game you probably shouldn't? I would more advise you to see if you agree with the things I say and the lynches I'm pushing
3. you're post too many nigh unreadable walls, every maybe 5% of the time you get extreme tryhard scum who is capable of that
4. I guess one thing Demi has going for him is he's not afraid to pick a fight with pretty much everyone who votes him
5. FormerFish/MJL's interaction about the 'rules' of hammering and how MJL should have already picked up on some conventions from last game gave me some MJL pings and some town vibes from FF
6. I've been doing good stuff but not frequently enough. sorry, work was kinda shitty this week and I had stuff to do outside of work
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

RC I can see the waffle on redMeow but I wouldn't let yourself get too paranoid on DGR. is another wildly self-conscious post that makes a bunch of arguments that aren't actually grounded in the important threads of the game.

like look at this
In post 345, Demigodrick wrote:Town or scum motivated? Town, but I do feel uneasy about you. For example, GL has made 9 posts, and you have him as "ultra-town". Is that really enough content to be making that sort of declaration? I have my own reads towards GL, as I've detailed, yet you have my two scummiest reads (FF, GL) as your towniest reads.
he's trying to take points off his TOM townread because he doesn't like his read on me but he's doing it in a really forced way where he still townreads him. It's either an attempt to continue to make me look bad or an excuse to ignore the (good!) points and reads that TOM is making.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 345, Demigodrick wrote:You vote me after a "re-read". Scum interaction with GL maybe?
and what's with the scare quotes here
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 383, GuiltyLion wrote:RC I can see the waffle on redMeow but I wouldn't let yourself get too paranoid on DGR
also this is phrased badly because I'm tired and I used what little brainpower I had left catching up on posts in this game

I mean let yourself get too paranoid of scumreading town to the point where you talk yourself out of a good scumread
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:46 pm

let's lynch redmeow

I think it's the best lynch in the gamestate.

VOTE: redmeow
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:48 pm

there's some really towny stuff in godricks iso

in hindsight nothing is really pure about redmeow i just went into throw the baby otu with the bathwater mode

but i do think redmeow is objectively scummy and you agree with that, correct?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah I can see redMeow scum for much of the reasons you've said, but I kinda feel like I could see myself being wrong on redMeow more than I could godrick. what's the towny stuff in his ISO?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

end of the day I'd lynch redMeow too if that's the better lynch but I also want to go back tomorrow when I'm a bit more functional and see who feels like they're avoiding DGR wagon
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:56 pm

a shit ton actually.

i think he just has bad tone.

I am literally the
only
person in this game who opposes DGR wagon. I also am confirmed town to myself.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:57 pm

The only scumpartner to him that actually makes sense fmpov after reevaluation is... redmeow

so, like, strictly better lynch and all that.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:59 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

guess one other thing about DGR is him calling me out for 9 posts when he only had 10 posts may be kinda town indicative

because he's not really angling to get townread there but rather to push back against TOM's reads first and foremost

VOTE: redMeow
but I may go back to DGR at any time for the record
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:02 pm

formerfish can I explain to you why I scumread you in dnd mafia in exchange for you voting redmeow
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:04 pm

keychain can verify that it was literally one specific post in your iso that made us so sure you were scum :o
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:04 pm

this is a fantastic offer.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:04 pm

wait mhsmith0 in your opinion does that constitute an out of game wager promise bribe etc? i wouldn't think so, but...
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 393, RadiantCowbells wrote:formerfish can I explain to you why I scumread you in dnd mafia in exchange for you voting redmeow
I might be open to that. Was that the large game where I played as a hydra with desperado?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:18 pm

it wasn't a large but yes
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I played like shit that game and was abandoned by my partner. I really didnt want to roll scum in that game.

Im not opposed to a Red lynch, something about recent posts feels fabricated. Like whenever I see a newbie with wall posts like that I just wonder where the fuck it came from. So many words.

I think you are wrong about demi by the way. What did you think about my mini case on him re: his read progression on me?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”