themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by themilkcartonkid »

Can eragon respond to this first before we lynch anyone. I'm so out of reads.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I'm confused on how these wagons are going...

I will vote with Elsa over anyone else.
<(") | (")>
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 641, PenguinPower wrote:
I will do Alacrity but not Locke.
Never take that out of context.
themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:53 pm

I must be paranoid because I can see a world where 4 or 5 of the current players are scum based on the last day or two. I think apathy is killing my ability to read. The only person I'm fairly sure is town is nom and I'm just assuming n m is as well because why not. But other than that I see reason to sus everyone else. The reasons are not all equally valid, I've got some crackpot deep town conspiracy vibes going on on some, some obvscum tells on others, and my personal favorite theory that I will save until after the first flip or two. I think I'm really going to have to try hard at this
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:20 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

MCK: You should share your theories now. They may be rejected or mocked, but at least they will generate discussion. Apathy really is killing this game.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by Eragon »

almost there only 2 more ISO's

i literally fell asleep last night while reading
will be finishing tonight
Show
"follow your heart but take your brain with you"
"Get away... from me...!"

Get to know a Dark Shadow!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78520
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by Eragon »

TheMilkCartonKid:
null-scum
Overall, not super scummy, but some of their progression is a yikes and they do seem to be not very committing to their reads. I especially don’t like post 420(oh yikes) as it basically calls URAP out for town reading NM which is… a really bad reason to scum read someone.

Spoiler:
-I don’t see any problem with their entrance
- is fence-sitty as fuck. They think Insomia’s replace out is super wolfy, but because he might be town and the replacement might be town, don’t Lynch yet, but still lynch, just not yet.
- how are you town reading someone for being a newbie? That… like, literally has no meaning on the game? Up until this point you haven’t mentioned GW at all, expand on that read?
- there was nothing in her 23 posts up to this point that makes you think she is towny/scummy?
- ok this expands on 270, so thats good. I’m not entirely sure I like the reason of “they have done nothing but jump on wagons” because that feels like hard lhf, but its better than nothing. Why specifically GW instead of anyone else that hopped on alacrity?
- Thats why you just MEME. MeMeS solve EVERYTHING
- Agree here
- isn’t PP like that a lot though?
- Can you elaborate on what “pings” you here
- Literally wtf? How does pinpointing someone as town NOT HELP? I could see it being weak, but if you can get someone that you think is town. That HELPS.
- gambits are fun :3
- off-topic but that would be called pocketing not buddying
-votes alacrity, the person he originally (Defended isn’t the right word but I cant find it so just use defended send help plz) by voting GW for hopping on the wagon. This is an interesting progression of thinking alacrity is scum over URAP if you think that GW was scum hopping on a wagon.
-so do you now think that URAP and Alacrity are not necessarily TvS? Or did you just not re-vote? If so, what changed?

Roster: Scum lean, While I like the fact that they look like they’re trying to solve in the beginning, the tunnel on LHF does seem opportunistic, and to me it looks like Roster is just pulling reads out of their ass with town reads on PP and Alacrity. I explained further below, but their posts are very spread and I just don’t see them being focused on real scum hunting.
- and to [/post] 83[/post] are all literally just tunneling nom^3, which I do find opportunistic, but at the same time Roster is posting multiple reasons thinking nom is scum. I’ve already talked about the reasons themselves so no reason to bring that up again, I disagree with them, but I think its towny that Roster is trying to solve. 
- can you elaborate on like, any of these reads as you haven’t mentioned any of these players except for nom up until now. additionaly, I know its not a scumclaim, but why do you assume that “I do believe newbies are good to keep around since they usually improve their game later on and you can figure them out more easily.” Would be a scum claim in the first place?
-uhhh that was like, not at all what the post was about? He said that he thought nom was newbscum. Yes. He then said he thought its better to keep newbies around for multiple reasons. Yes. He then said that he thinks Locke is scum, and gave reasons. Yes. He then voted locke. yes. There was nothing about a “counterwagon”
- Or he’s just solving the game(!)
- what was your reasoning behind this post? I have some things I’m mulling over about your intentions but I want to hear it from you.
- what changed from “DK if I’ve missed anything but I couldn’t see a reason for Grandwazoo vote? Please tell.” Except GW trying to get alacrity to out? And then just saying 
“nah I don’t really want to talk about it, but that was just a super BS reason and its bad” which… going by your own logic… is a bs reason?
- where the fuck was this progression? Early on you thought URAP was town, fair. And reads do change, yes, fair. But what happened in between? You didn’t show any thought process that shows a change from “towny tone” to “this is actually scum”

Nomnomnom-
Town lean.
Oh god so many posts to read. I’ll try to skim some, but I’m mostly going to try to get this read through RTI. Im kinda back and forth on this, I think overall they have just been projecting a very transparently villager-y mindset, and their posts are analytical/show perspective, but there are some things I strongly disagree against and I think are wolf, but not 100%. I do feel the town outweighs the scum, and that they are just getting focused on N_M’s play style instead of the game.

Spoiler:
-I didn’t exactly like their about “voting the person you know” because I feel thats almost common sense, but if that doesn’t happen on their homesite then thats NAI
-I feel the way some of their thoughts come out just seems really towny. Specifically posts and just ping me as town trying to articulate a feeling they have. I know its hard for me sometimes to explain my gut, so I think this post was towny.
- what is “feels a lot less town”
- I personally don’t get as frustrated playing with N_M, because its expected, but I definitely understand this reaction and it feels natural.
- Its not SUPER common but it happens, yes. I don’t know what insomnia was doing, but I think he just felt like he wasn’t being heard and just like, not enjoying the game, which I totally understand. I don’t think(and hope) that the replace out wasn’t strategic.
- I just post my catchup in chronological order so I do often quote answers to questions I asked ._, but it just sometimes helps me get a flow of the game when theres not really that much content, like with 9-10 pages. Other than that it starts to just feel like busy-work and I don’t get a good read because I’m just rushing through it. Hence resorting to ISO diving instead of reading 20 pages.
- a replace out shouldn’t change your read. Also, in a game on my homesite I accurately called a newbie town in their first couple posts because they were actively trying to solve and they made a readlist. Im extending the same tell here, albeit on a lesser point because its later into the game and also they aren’t fully new. But its there nonetheless
- are you beginning to see the true greatness of N_M??
-One thing I REALLY don’t like from them is their reaction to N_M’s fake hammer. I personally think fake hammers are almost always pro-town(almost) and the fact that nom seemed defensive-ish about the “hammer” pings me. I strongly strongly disagree about it being anti-town, and whatever “obsufddsgsjcation” is fake-hammers are good when pulled off well.
-although I strongly disagree with the N_M push, I feel new!scum would have backed off after seeing other people push N_M as town
-other posts that I mostly skipped because I got bored

Lovebird/elsa jay- soulread Elsa town. More like
null
tho

Spoiler:
Lovebird was basically entirely AFK, although seems way too quick and underexplained. Also voting insomnia without explanation.
Enter Elsa Jay <3
-So like, just in general I soul read Elsa Jay because I like their style of play and fun is fun <3
Seems very relaxed
-the mason stuff is kinda weird but its like.. not something scum does either.

GrandWazoo-
scum lean
, I don’t like his reactions to the alt stuff and all those interactions around them. @GW have you ever played with alts before? Their read on alacrity being an “enigma” feels wish-washy and faked. Their reaction around their wagon shading the people on it felt bad, but the anger kinda felt natural, like being called out when you feel its false. Some AtE in there, and also the only thing giving me doubts is the stuff about scum doublevotes. I’m not giving him a town clear here just because it was so outrageous in the first place, but I’m arguing with my gut rn.

Spoiler:
YOU MONSTER SoaB YOU EVIL BEAST!!!
i mean, some people just don’t want to be known. Its actually quite common. I don’t see a problem with it.
what are you going on about with “enigmas”
again what is an “enigma” and why is it scum? I know what the word “enigma” means but why is it wolf here?
 except the fact your read is “enigma” like ???
why are you so worried about alts??? Why do you think scum does “guess my main?” And not town??
 holy fuck this is literally the point of using alts. To not have your identity fully revealed??? Some people want to play under a new guise. Some people want to not be meta’d. Some people just want to play with people without them knowing. This feels LAMIST like “oh boo hoo you not outing your alt helps scum” which is ???
shades URAP for “bogus reasons” which is basically discrediting his argument.
IT takes work to make an alt and why would you out an alt just so you make another???
Yes. It is absolutely NAI.
finally off the alt-push, what does “riff” mean? And yes, N_M is just a meme lord. Have fun.
AtE. noted. I suck at reading AtE so someone help me.
I highly highly doubt this, and Idk why alacrity did double vote but it was obvious N_M did it to fake hammer. I feel this is too outrageous to be considered a town-slip, because its obviously not an actual mechanic, but its kinda weird to like, “assume scum has a weird mechanic with double voting” if you are scum. I don’t want to clear him for this, because its easily faked, but its giving me slight doubts. *NEXT DAY* I re-thought about this and its so obviously wrong that it doesn’t deserve any cred. So nai.

URAP-
Town,
I really like their entrance, and I think it shows a lot more town!urap trying to pressure than scum!urap. I disagree on their roster read, but I feel that its a real read, and I think they are just towny. I’ve been mind-melding like a motherfucker with them and that also increases my townread on them so :^)

Spoiler:
The stuff in the beginning (Around ) ping me as town-ish, especially because I do know URAP loves that pet tell of his lul. So it rings town he’s actively trying to use it, even if its not fully accurate.
- like the questioning here. Its not the strongest point but its a good -curiosity- about the post.
-mindmeld
- I personally disagree that bold/strong is a towntell, but they are still trying to solve imo, and I feel URAP believes the read.
- and others about this. I persoanlly disagree with giving out town reads becasuse of replace outs because it simply encourages the practice.
- dont call us kids, child. :angryrage:
- can you expand on what you “dont like”
- scratch the above bit you clarified, and I mind-meld on both. I expanded on it in my read too(i think lul)
- I’ve played with town roster before when they very much did freeze up as town. I think being bold is strongly NAI
- agree
- I think GW is scum
- I accuse you of stealing my brain thoughts! You are fined 10 chickens. Pay up. 
-so basically. Is alacrity scum, town, or neither. We be real smart here bois. Can you make a stance on this?
- Is the towntell just the day chat stuff or more?
- uhh I never said it works for me??? I rep’d in, and had some time, when I was catching up, then my life caught up and screwed me over, and I finally am having time again last couple days. I don’t know why you think I’m saying “the activity works for me”
- dw, you wont :^)
-poggers
- this is coming before a full read on locke, but I remember liking his entrance posts so I don’t think I want him dead today.

Not_Mafia-
town lean,
you know fuck it, I’m not even quoting any of their posts because its simple. I like their first fake hammer, and it feels much more likely to come from town!NM than scum!NM. I can’t rule it out but this is a town slot for me rn. I’m not entirely sure I like their second re-vote on GW, because its already been shown they’ve tried to fake hammer so its kinda worthless, but this is getting into semantics. But yeah, fake hammer towny. ALSO SONGS ARE POETRY HELP SAVE THE PLANET

Alacrity-
null town,
I have some ping moments while reading, such as their overly nice tone(although this could be personality) and some other gaps. Some self-meta, but overall I think they have had some towny stuff and I agree with them on a lot, so its certainly not strong, but I think they have a better chance to flip town than not.

Spoiler:
I personally have a pet peeve of people saying super nice stuff like “looking forward to playing with you all today” but if thats something with their personality/how they talk then its NAI.
As this is a multi-quote wall, ima do a number for each quote. It wont be logical so I might go like 1, 3, 6, 7 depending. It correlates to the quote in the post. Sorry if thats confusing
2)if you think the nom^3 post wasn’t good, why didn’t you comment on it, instead of the vote??
4)why specifically this post, and not the other ones?
7)what makes that “not a real thought”
calling this an over-reaction is a meme. How is it over-reacting to bring up an question they have??
I mean, if you think you might be misunderstanding his posts, but you don’t know If you are or not, then why don’t you continue asking? Why just drop it “Assuming” your misunderstanding??
 I mean, if you think PP is scum, then yes, that could move the game forward…
why is GW scummier than anyone else on the wagon?
holy fuck thats a lot of words ._. I agree with the stuff about TMCK. I still want you to expand on GW being scum over the others. Also agree with the stuff about the “guess my main” post.
I don’t know why, my brain can not just logically read this post and understand it. So many big words to think about
Agree about URAP here, I’m not sure if I agree about the GW thing, its kinda an angle-angle-shoot read that I don’t like, but eh. 
 agreed
could you expand on your roster townread? Other than that your basically stealing my brain so \0/. I personally disagree with this being a “scumslip” of knowing 3/2/whatever mafia, because I’m pretty sure I’ve seen town do that before, and its not something absolute.
Their streak of posting between - is kinda bleh, I really dislike using self-meta(in a sense) as a way to clear yourself from an argument, as I feel if you know it well enough to say it you could use it as mafia. Also just like, “you are tunneled” and “will you trust my reads” ping me a little.
that really doesn’t explain the vote change at all… why did you changed from your scum read to your scumread? Don’t think its wolfy just want thought.

Locke-conflicted,
null.
As previously stated, I did like their entrance, but they’ve also had very little explanations for their votes/reads, often even just having “hmmmm” or “!” As the reasoning. I feel they focus too much on what could be and what might be over what they THINK something is, which is the main basis of the confliction. Like the stuff about the replace out, they focus more on saying its “not towny” and “NAI” and trying to push that mindset instead of just expressing their read on it, be it town, scum, or NAI. Same thing basically happens with the wagon stuff. A couple things here and there, but I’m really conflicted on this.

Spoiler:
I already expressed why I liked this response, it felt natural/not stressed like I feel scum being pushed early would feel.
“read-related” where exactly? You quoted some posts and went “Hmmmm” thats not a read
Exclamation mark about what?
I’ve been in like 7 at once when I actually have free time. Its eh.
what? “nom gives because she's already on my scumlist and she didn't answer me quick enough basically and that's enough?” Where did this come from?
i actually agree, replace outs are almost always NAI(almost), and I disagree with it being scummy or towny.
so uhh do you like the wagon or not?
Was this a Nathanial Green reference :fry: (i think it was N. Green that said I regret that I have but one life to live for my country :3)
how is it a trick if its wolfy :^)
Also can you make, like a hard stance on what you think is happening on the wagons. You’ve been going on about all the different possiblites, but I have yet to see you make a strong stance. If you have, and I’m just a blind bastard, then thats fine. 
 and what changed between these two posts of pseudo defending to voting?

PP-
town lean

Its late and I don’t want to spend too much time reading 130 posts. I remember the one scum game I played With PP during the marathon he was kinda slank-y and actually ended up getting replaced, while in other town games he’s pretty clearly town, active, and penguin-y. Thats what I’m seeing this game. Im unsure if the other scum game is his usual, or if that was anomalous, but from my experience this is more likely town than scum.
Last edited by ChibiBear on Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by Eragon »

(URAP)
(PP, N_M, Nom)
(Alacrity)
(Locke, Elsa)
(TMCK)
(GW, Roster)

also just realize my roster read got combined with tmck read

Roster:
Scum lean,
While I like the fact that they look like they’re trying to solve in the beginning, the tunnel on LHF does seem opportunistic, and to me it looks like Roster is just pulling reads out of their ass with town reads on PP and Alacrity. I explained further below, but their posts are very spread and I just don’t see them being focused on real scum hunting.
-32 and 79 to [/post] 83[/post] are all literally just tunneling nom^3, which I do find opportunistic, but at the same time Roster is posting multiple reasons thinking nom is scum. I’ve already talked about the reasons themselves so no reason to bring that up again, I disagree with them, but I think its towny that Roster is trying to solve. 
-163 can you elaborate on like, any of these reads as you haven’t mentioned any of these players except for nom up until now. additionaly, I know its not a scumclaim, but why do you assume that “I do believe newbies are good to keep around since they usually improve their game later on and you can figure them out more easily.” Would be a scum claim in the first place?
-165uhhh that was like, not at all what the post was about? He said that he thought nom was newbscum. Yes. He then said he thought its better to keep newbies around for multiple reasons. Yes. He then said that he thinks Locke is scum, and gave reasons. Yes. He then voted locke. yes. There was nothing about a “counterwagon”
-181 Or he’s just solving the game(!)
-211 what was your reasoning behind this post? I have some things I’m mulling over about your intentions but I want to hear it from you.
-386 what changed from “DK if I’ve missed anything but I couldn’t see a reason for Grandwazoo vote? Please tell.” Except GW trying to get alacrity to out? And then just saying 
“nah I don’t really want to talk about it, but that was just a super BS reason and its bad” which… going by your own logic… is a bs reason?
-415 where the fuck was this progression? Early on you thought URAP was town, fair. And reads do change, yes, fair. But what happened in between? You didn’t show any thought process that shows a change from “towny tone” to “this is actually scum”
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:24 pm

Post by Eragon »

uhh

i really should've spoilered that

@chibi send halp plox

Done, hope this is ok!
Last edited by ChibiBear on Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

I only have one big question for you, Eragon.

Considering Roster and GW are both in your scum leans list, and that Roster pushed GW to L-1 with a weak reason then shortly after switched to urap, how does that affect your reads?
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Eragon »

i dont like to do full association reads until after i see flips
so i could see them being TvS
but i think they are both individually scummy
i don't think putting someone to L-1 then switching off is AI at all anyways
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Eragon »

also thanks @chibi
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by Eragon »

basically what im saying

I'll take it into consideration
but wont act on it until after i see flips
Show

themilkcartonkid
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
themilkcartonkid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:32 am

I can type up every theory and probably when I do that I'll realize some of them are too stupid, but it will be a couple days, busy next few days. I'll be playing on mobile for now
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:11 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I will vote GW or milkcartonkid today.

I won’t vote Eragon.
<(") | (")>
Alacrity
Alacrity
Goon
Alacrity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:21 am

Post by Alacrity »

Eragon is not a good wagon. =)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:28 am

Post by PenguinPower »

2 days left people.

Make a decision.
<(") | (")>
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:31 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 652, PenguinPower wrote: I will vote with Elsa over anyone else.
In post 665, PenguinPower wrote: I won’t vote Eragon.
Betrayed!
:o

Also there is no way I'm voting either of those.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:33 am

Post by PenguinPower »

It's almost like Eragon did stuff between those two posts that affected my read on the slot...
<(") | (")>
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:34 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

VOTE: GrandWazoo

He (Eragon) correctly null-read me for my actions today. So I am fine with the demise of the Wazoo of Grand proportions.

Imma shoot Roster tonight btw.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:34 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 669, PenguinPower wrote:It's almost like Eragon did stuff between those two posts that affected my read on the slot...
I was trying to be funny, you ruined it :(
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:37 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

whats GW at?
103-11 0-2
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:38 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Eragon makes common read for scum, ergo Eragon is town.

Seems legit.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:38 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 672, u r a person 2 wrote:whats GW at?
<(") | (")>

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”