Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:06 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Official Vote Count 1.08
Home Planet 02 - Temple by Daniel Liang

Daniel Liang is a Taiwanese freelance concept artist, and probably a part time badass as well. Here's some of his stuff:
https://www.artstation.com/danielliang

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Moomn
(3): Exilon, wilky, Not_Mafia
wilky
(2): PvtUrist, Gimm1ck
Froce
(1): Moomn
Not_Mafia
(1): Voted

Not Voting
(2): Froce, Baezu

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-04-22 12:30:00).

Mod notes: :D
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 197, Voted wrote:
In post 196, Baezu wrote:
In post 189, Voted wrote:
In post 108, Not_Mafia wrote:Lynch Exilon, he's artificially trying to insert himself into the town leader position
There was a huge debate after this post - he debate never solved the most important questions about this post (unless I missed the answers):
Why is putting yourself into town leader postion scummy?
How is Exilon doing it artificially?

Spoiler:
Sorry, I am still new and I am learning how to make spoilers properly.
And actually, it’s not very towny to try and derail a townblock
I don't understand.
A townblock is a group of players who agree that the others are town as well- pretty much the obvstown players in a game. It can be very powerful for town because there is a block that generally votes in a similar manner, often sleeping each other’s reads. Scum definitely wants to discourage this kind of thing
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Not_Mafia2 has been prodded. He has (expired on 2019-04-20 01:54:48) to post before we start looking for a replacement.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by Moomn »

In post 108, Not_Mafia wrote:Lynch Exilon, he's artificially trying to insert himself into the town leader position
There was a huge debate after this post - he debate never solved the most important questions about this post (unless I missed the answers):

Spoiler:
Ya what if we dont agree with the consensus from that block and think one is scummy haha. This is ludicrous and applying a canvas approach to a situational action. I read your response but seriously what?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:44 am

Post by Lycanfire »

PvtUrist½ has been nudged. They will be made to confirm their game status at the beginning of night. A proper countdown will be issued at the start of day.

wilky2.5 has been prodded. They have (expired on 2019-04-20 05:00:00) to post before I start searching for a replacement.

On vacation or limited access, players will be nudged every 54 hours. This counts as half a prod. Players labelled v/la have 5 days to post game advancing content.

Many players are taking prods. This is a tool to keep the game going. While the number of prods doesn't mean a replacement is certain, a great number of prods may lead to replacement by moderator discretion later in the game. Failing to pick up a prod after 24 hours results in a replacement request being made.

Let's keep this game moving! :D
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:48 am

Post by Voted »

Spoiler:
Ok... How am I derailing townblock? Is Exilon/ Not_Mafia nearly confirmed town?
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:16 am

Post by Froce »

In post 205, Voted wrote:Ok... How am I derailing townblock? Is Exilon/ Not_Mafia nearly confirmed town?
He's talking about N_M trying to get votes on Exilon. But I agree with you in the sense that no "townblock" has been formed yet. Maybe in later days, depending on the flips. Anyway looks like only Moom and Exilon have a mind of their own and tr Not_Mafia... I'm gonna reiterate that this is my first forum game, so if one's gonna play the non-serious, non-caring type of townie, that will totally go over my head. For me, N_M is just unhelpful. Yeah I'm aware there's probably the fact that mafia will try to push him because he's an easy lynch, so I'm still weary. In my opinion though, and with Moomn having little to add (though he should have a lot to work with), I think D1 is gonna be between these two. Both lynches are kinda lame, but I like to play safe in general and a lot of times, it's the obvious choices that are correct. People should maybe lay off wilky for now, unless you have a really hard read on him, which you're always welcome to share.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:47 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Let's put Moomins to L-1
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:57 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 205, Voted wrote:

Spoiler:
Ok... How am I derailing townblock? Is Exilon/ Not_Mafia nearly confirmed town?
I was talking about Not Mafia and not voted in this post
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 207, Not_Mafia wrote:Let's put Moomins to L-1
Why?
Show

Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:25 am

Post by Voted »

Never say you are going to play observant role, that you won't intervene in discussions.
Don't say you are bad player.
Don't say that you want to lynch sameone instead of you only because you want to survive.
Try to make reads, even bad reads can help town. Active scummy player, who cleverly pushes others can be more useful for town than passive town.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:20 am

Post by Voted »

VOTE: moomn
If newbie scum intro really works, I am for this lynch. I can't see same very towny post in his ISO either.
putting moom to L-1

2 days left. I think it's time to enter claiming phase. Anyone disagrees?
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Froce »

In post 211, Voted wrote:2 days left. I think it's time to enter claiming phase. Anyone disagrees?
He already said he's fine with being lynched, so it's obvious what he's claiming.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:35 pm

Post by Exilon »

Sorry I'm away on vacation and my hotspot isn't working on my laptop so mobile it is.
I won't be able to quote people easily so pardon me
Feels like I've been here before.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by Exilon »

I had some stuff written but it got poofed.

Froce didn't start out as scum read to me but it gradually became that with his posts. I'm sorry that i can't go at length and point out stuff specifically but a read over my iso will paint a clear enough picture of my thoughts on the matter.

I am not too convinced moomn is scum. His tone, actions, and words feel townie to me, as misguided as they sometimes seem to be.

And while he generally hasn't been helping town with his answers, i think the same can be said of other players who are lurking.

As such, i don't currently feel confortable with a moomn lynch. If necessary, I'll revote near deadline.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: froce

I'd like to point out in the last few posts, this guy tried to rolefish moomn. Also, and mote importantly, he just misinterpreted moomn comment about being okay with being lynched.

Moomn said he didn't mind being lynched IF that helped town get meaningful info.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by Exilon »

Ok no wait he didn't actually say it explicitly, it was just my interpretation of what he said.
I need to do a better re read.
It isn't enough to change my vote however
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:04 am

Post by Plotinus »

Gimm1ck1 was prodded a little early because I did the maths wrong. If they post before (expired on 2019-04-20 18:37:00) it won't count as a prod. They have (expired on 2019-04-22 06:37:00) to post before we start looking for a replacement because the prod timer is slower on weekends and it's also Easter.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:16 am

Post by Voted »

Scale: 1/7 is scummy, 7/7 is towny.
1) Moomn
-Hasn't posted anything of value so far. Bad intro. 2/7
3) Froce
- Hasn't posted many things of value. I don't think that the fact that he tries to find from people's post who "claims" PR, who "claims" vanilla is necessarily scummy. 3/7
Would be nice if you actually posted same reads.

4) Baezu
- Few posts, usually not fillers. I like this one.
Spoiler:
In post 181, Baezu wrote:
In post 170, wilky wrote:Moomn can die that was honestly the most disappointing defence ive seen on site I think.

@baezu where do your reads lie after your catch up?
Still think froce is town...

I agree that moomn is not coming across as particularly townie, but I think that of those on his wagon, at least one is scum because it went pretty fast. I don’t think it’s you and it’s probably not exilon so that leaves NM.

What are everyone ‘s thoughts on NM?

5/7
5) Exilon
Lots of posts. He made little reads, but mainly he was pushing people. I don't like the way he pushes people. Instead of making them post more/ making them defend he actually tries to make town lynch them. Even for not very important reasons.
Spoiler:
In post 60, Exilon wrote:Actually sorry I'm not done
In post 58, Froce wrote:Well if you want my thoughts I think it's good to put people under pressure, but only on moderation as you don't wanna linger on one or two and forget about the rest.
> Recognizes that it's good to put people under pressure
> Does not put anyone under pressure

Man, I love dissonance

UNVOTE: Voted
VOTE: Froce

I also love irony

Also, I have a feeling like these posts contradicts a little each other. (the 1st post is also nice example of attack on N_M)
Spoiler:
In post 112, Exilon wrote:
It's cute of you to assume that

1) There's a town leader position to be filled;
2) that it could be artificially filled;
3) that me trying to position myself there is inherently scummy.

That's a big chain of assumptions to make - therefore very weak reasoning. Either come up with a better one or explain those three assumptions away.

Granted I'm putting myself in the spotlight but that's because I'm an attention-seeking whore.

About Wilky
PvtUrist wrote:Teh readlist;

{Gimmie, Voted, Exi} Town
{N_M, Froce, Moomn, Baezu} Null
{Wilky} Scam

N_M's a slot to be mech-cleared. Not scum based on interactions through other players, not D1 priority.

Froce's alright so far

Moomn's alright so far

Baezu still MIA

VOTE: Wilky D1 lynch
I generally like this post even though I don't personally agree on some fronts (e.g. Froce and Moomn).
For example, what is Wilky guilty of that Froce or Moomn aren't?

Spoiler:
In post 121, Exilon wrote:
In post 119, Froce wrote:
In post 112, Exilon wrote:For example, what is Wilky guilty of that Froce or Moomn aren't?
Not posting so little, maybe?
That's a good point, actually. Is that, in itself and in this case, inherently scummy?

Because it seems like Pvturist voted on him based on seeing something he found scummy (hence him saying D1 Lynch). If he's advocating for a lurker lynch, that's a different matter. Therefore, I would like it if he could answer my question.

also just so be clear
I have 0 interest in being a leader and I have 100% interest in finding scum
. I don't care if by pursuing that interest it looks like I'm trying to be a leader. If it finds us scum, that's all I care about

(so you should all do as I say and find scum, GO!)

I also disagree with
Spoiler:
In post 214, Exilon wrote:I had some stuff written but it got poofed.

Froce didn't start out as scum read to me but it gradually became that with his posts. I'm sorry that i can't go at length and point out stuff specifically but a read over my iso will paint a clear enough picture of my thoughts on the matter.

I am not too convinced moomn is scum. His tone, actions, and words feel townie to me, as misguided as they sometimes seem to be.

And while he generally hasn't been helping town with his answers, i think the same can be said of other players who are lurking.

As such, i don't currently feel confortable with a moomn lynch. If necessary, I'll revote near deadline.

UNVOTE:

I'd like to point out in the last few posts, this guy tried to rolefish moomn. Also, and mote importantly, he just misinterpreted moomn comment about being okay with being lynched.

Moomn said he didn't mind being lynched IF that helped town get meaningful info.

By the way, I looked at same of his games and he tends to be more active when he is mafia. While it can be taken as sign, hint of scumminess, its not a reason to lynch, though.
2/7 However, I don't feel like lynching a very active player day one.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:51 am

Post by Voted »

6) Gimm1ck
-I like this post:
Spoiler:
In post 195, Gimm1ck wrote:Force is not being defensive, so to speak; he is simply defending his logic, which is not being scummily defensive. Logs coming shortly.

This means he is a slight town lean for me.

About this post:
Spoiler:
In post 83, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 80, Froce wrote:All not_mafia done so far is "silent-voting". However the fact he voted Exilon (who nobody else was voting before) is interesting and makes me think he actually read the game and fos Exilon.
In post 77, Exilon wrote:Also ignoring valid and relevant points in favor of devaluing Grimm's request for elaboration when he could have simply answered the question.
Really isn't the case. I just found it weird how Gimmick handled my response and he made me think he misunderstood what I was saying. I kinda already answered in the sense that I don't really have anything else to add, not to mention Gimmick seemed unnecessarily aggressive in what sounded like an accusation against me, so I felt the priority to defend myself. If he hadn't worded it like that then I might've complied and looked further into Voted and questioned them.
At least in the meta I play on other sites,
I aggressively pressure people a lot

What I do notice is why you said you had the priority to defend yourself. Elaborate on that.
Furthermore, just because my wording may have put you off, please question Voted anyways.

He made only one pressure vote: on me. He pressured me. Then noone. He asked few questions, but thats all.
Spoiler:
In post 28, Gimm1ck wrote:Partially because of fillering while not lynching anyone as of yet. In the meta that I play on other mafia servers,
scum tend to
be hesitant on lynching anyone early game out of general fear of being targeted by rvs stage; in general, they prefer to keep their head low on lynching while
actively posting filler
or other forms of activity, of which Voted is doing currently.
Granted, it’s not a scumread, but at least to me, it’s the most viable rvs lynch at the moment.
In post 157, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 156, Moomn wrote:I was referencing a small meme among my own mafia friend group. It was from a game in which there was no role claiming of any kind at all. It was to be fun and a bit obtuse, further supported by my stating I intended to follow it up with some nonsense non contribution in my first post on the site.
This is filler, plain and simple.
Please contribute.

I like the coherence of these two posts. 5/7

About SE. I don't feel like lynching experienced players day one.
7) PvtUrist (SE)
-pressures people, posts reads. 6/7
8) wilky (SE)
-made same relevant posts. Found newb!scum tell - but that is the only way how he pushed the conversation forward. 4/7
9) Not_Mafia (SE)
-I look at few his games. He is (not) posting like that in all of them. I really don't know how to read that.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:00 am

Post by Voted »

In post 217, Voted wrote:Scale: 1/7 is scummy, 7/7 is towny.
1) Moomn
-Hasn't posted anything of value so far. Bad intro. 2/7
3) Froce
- Hasn't posted many things of value. I don't think that the fact that he tries to find from people's post who "claims" PR, who "claims" vanilla is necessarily scummy. 3/7
Would be nice if you actually posted same reads.

4) Baezu
- Few posts, usually not fillers. I like this one.
Spoiler:
In post 181, Baezu wrote:
In post 170, wilky wrote:Moomn can die that was honestly the most disappointing defence ive seen on site I think.

@baezu where do your reads lie after your catch up?
Still think froce is town...

I agree that moomn is not coming across as particularly townie, but I think that of those on his wagon, at least one is scum because it went pretty fast. I don’t think it’s you and it’s probably not exilon so that leaves NM.

What are everyone ‘s thoughts on NM?

5/7
5) Exilon
Lots of posts. He made little reads, but mainly he was pushing people. I don't like the way he pushes people. Instead of making them post more/ making them defend he actually tries to make town lynch them. Even for not very important reasons.
Spoiler:
In post 60, Exilon wrote:Actually sorry I'm not done
In post 58, Froce wrote:Well if you want my thoughts I think it's good to put people under pressure, but only on moderation as you don't wanna linger on one or two and forget about the rest.
> Recognizes that it's good to put people under pressure
> Does not put anyone under pressure

Man, I love dissonance

UNVOTE: Voted
VOTE: Froce

I also love irony

Also, I have a feeling like these posts contradicts a little each other. (the 1st post is also nice example of attack on N_M)
Spoiler:
In post 112, Exilon wrote:
It's cute of you to assume that

1) There's a town leader position to be filled;
2) that it could be artificially filled;
3) that me trying to position myself there is inherently scummy.

That's a big chain of assumptions to make - therefore very weak reasoning. Either come up with a better one or explain those three assumptions away.

Granted I'm putting myself in the spotlight but that's because I'm an attention-seeking whore.

About Wilky
PvtUrist wrote:Teh readlist;

{Gimmie, Voted, Exi} Town
{N_M, Froce, Moomn, Baezu} Null
{Wilky} Scam

N_M's a slot to be mech-cleared. Not scum based on interactions through other players, not D1 priority.

Froce's alright so far

Moomn's alright so far

Baezu still MIA

VOTE: Wilky D1 lynch
I generally like this post even though I don't personally agree on some fronts (e.g. Froce and Moomn).
For example, what is Wilky guilty of that Froce or Moomn aren't?

Spoiler:
In post 121, Exilon wrote:
In post 119, Froce wrote:
In post 112, Exilon wrote:For example, what is Wilky guilty of that Froce or Moomn aren't?
Not posting so little, maybe?
That's a good point, actually. Is that, in itself and in this case, inherently scummy?

Because it seems like Pvturist voted on him based on seeing something he found scummy (hence him saying D1 Lynch). If he's advocating for a lurker lynch, that's a different matter. Therefore, I would like it if he could answer my question.

also just so be clear
I have 0 interest in being a leader and I have 100% interest in finding scum
. I don't care if by pursuing that interest it looks like I'm trying to be a leader. If it finds us scum, that's all I care about

(so you should all do as I say and find scum, GO!)

I also disagree with
Spoiler:
In post 214, Exilon wrote:I had some stuff written but it got poofed.

UNVOTE:

By the way, I looked at same of his games and he tends to be more active when he is mafia. While it can be taken as sign, hint of scumminess, its not a reason to lynch, though.
2/7 However, I don't feel like lynching a very active player day one.
Uhh, that doesn't make sense. Exilon is less scummy than Moomn.
Moomn
1/7
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:02 am

Post by Voted »

Moomn/ Froce. Would be nice if you posted your defences and asked your scum budies (if you have them) which role you are supposed to claim.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:49 am

Post by Exilon »

Dear Voted,

I've publicly expressed my reads on a handful of people, so you're wrong on that.

Someone asked me why n_m was reading town and i forgot to answer, i think it was you. The reason is, ifhe were scum, at the time of his first vote, it would be easier to target someone else already being voted for. Then i called out his reasoning, then he changed his vote. I think that's townish.

You say im trying to make town lynch certain players but i didn't? What're you referring to? You also say im not makinf them defend themselves or post more which is weird considering that's exactly what they do when i questioned them abd pushed them. So i also find that wrong.

Then you said i was kind of contradicting myself but i don't see that in what you pointed out.

Also you pointed out my past games but not only is your insight wrong, considering a) i wad scum in just one game and rememver posting less on purpose, and b) I'm actually more relentless and in your face as town and c) all those games happened *over 9 years ago *.

Look it's one thing to analyse people and giving out your opinion, it's another to get things wrong and misrepresent them.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:51 am

Post by Froce »

So you just answered yourself right there. I didn't misinterpret anything. Moomn had zero reaction to 4 votes on him and I'm pointing it out to *him*. If you read back carefully, you can see I'm trying to offer Moomn some talking points, because he hadn't got his chance to speak yet and already had a very serious bandwagon on him. I've never once explicitly fos'd Moomn, but his attitude towards stuff like the aforementioned I find would be strange for a town player to do. I know he says he was busy before, but after he "came back" I think his activity still leaves something to be desired.

Also, Exilon, you completely dismissed my previous post. I don't know if I'm taking you more seriously than you're taking yourself. It just seems like you can't form a case or try to argue more than one level deep. Moomn could also be accused of the same, ignoring posts thing. I read your iso enough times already, and it's all the same stuff I pointed out in my previous post. Like, say you're fos'ing me and think I'm mafia - the thing is, I can't find one single shred I can concede to you on (like making a good point) to try and reach a compromise with you so you don't fos me anymore. There really isn't one thing that makes me go "hmm. well, yeah, I guess that's fair".

At the end of all of this I might chalk it up to your inexperience. Since you don't seem to be interested (or just short-breathed) in continuing for more than 2 quote chains, I'll refocus on something more substantive, like who we should actually lynch today.
In post 214, Exilon wrote:I am not too convinced moomn is scum. His tone, actions, and words feel townie to me, as misguided as they sometimes seem to be.
Okay, let's recap what Moomn's done so far:

1) coming back to vote Voted while holding out on his "detailed" read
In post 89, Moomn wrote:
In post 57, Gimm1ck wrote:Also Moomn it’s fine to rvs still, but I’d like your opinion on the me/Voted/Exilon conversation as well.
Ive decided I don't like either of those guys, and find you okay. I will join you in voting voted.

VOTE: Voted
In post 94, Moomn wrote:
In post 93, Voted wrote: Try slighty more sophisticated way of defending yourself. Post reads, push sameone.
My read included detail I don't wish to put into the conversation so i'll be waiting to do so. My vote on you is fully real though.
I bolded.

2) After getting prodded (and the bandwagon building up on him), he comes back and claims he's only being voted cause of his vote on Voted:
In post 154, Moomn wrote:I do not feel the need to defend myself in response to the votes as they simply come from those I would accuse and those wanting more. They are response to my vote, in my opinion,
and not about the actual game as a whole.
I see no one has naturally agreed with my read, which is why I wasn't saying it out front to begin with,
I will catch up on why this was at this time.
I bolded some stuff.

My problem with this statement is that it has no basis in reality. There were 4 votes on Moomn by wilky, Voted, Exilon, and Not_Mafia. Let's quote each of them sending in the vote:

Voted:
In post 85, Voted wrote:Uhh. I hope noone notices that I was lying in my post 50.
VOTE: Moomn
Hello there. Care to join the conversation?
Exilon:
In post 102, Exilon wrote:
In post 99, Voted wrote:2* votes are bandwagon?
Oh, how silly of me, thank you for reminding me

UNVOTE:
VOTE: VOTE: Moomn
*Note that there were 2 votes on Moomn at this time: Pvt and Voted. The fact that Pvt jumped on him immediately after his initial vote on Voted makes me think Moomn (who might have not read very carefully) confused one bandwagon with a totally different one. Since then, Pvt saw Moomn getting placed at L2 and opted for silent wilky, but also came back to group Moomn with wilky as the two main candidates:
In post 123, PvtUrist wrote:
D1 Lynch Candidates; {Wilky, Moomn}

Bad tone reads from both (forced intros, poorly reasoned interactions)
wilky*:
In post 137, wilky wrote:
In post 54, Moomn wrote:Hello friends. Down with the other faction, i say!

Let me familiarize myself with the codes and i shall join this random voting stage
This is newb!scum tell.

I missed this at first read. Moomn also hasn't done anything since.

VOTE: moomm
*I'd like to add that wilky was on L2 at this point (one of them being Not_Mafia). He had preceded this post with a series of analytical posts for just about everyone, but this tell from Moomn was so apparent to him he had to vote. This was followed by:

Not_Mafia*:
In post 142, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: moomm
*I'll elaborate on this guy in a different post.

----

With 4 votes on him, at L1 until Voted saw what N_M did, and a prod that was almost expiring (check dates of post #124 and Moomn's first since, this is assuming I'm understanding rules correctly and you get 24 hours to respond) Moomn comes back and starts answering people. Besides his first post which proved to be hastily made without reading the contents of the game, he has some other ones:

3) Moomn defends himself (either cause he had enough at this point, or it was relatively easy to respond to) from a filler accusation:
In post 158, Moomn wrote:
In post 157, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 156, Moomn wrote:I was referencing a small meme among my own mafia friend group. It was from a game in which there was no role claiming of any kind at all. It was to be fun and a bit obtuse, further supported by my stating I intended to follow it up with some nonsense non contribution in my first post on the site.
This is filler, plain and simple.
Please contribute.
It was an exact response to a specific question actually.
4) Feeling obligated to do something, he goes back to the whole Voted and Exilon ordeal:
In post 159, Moomn wrote:I am still dissatisfied with the relationship between Voted and Exilon. It felt quite forced at the beginning and despite their splitting of opinion later they don't seem to be looking at eachother.
Feels like a lot of talk.
Bolded again. Okay, compare this to Moomn's 1st. He said he had detail, he said that his vote is real. Unless he was looking for a proper reaction from Voted and just voting cause he was the first player in front of him - which in that case, it not only failed spectacularly at doing anything of worth, it also backfired and Moomn was heavily prosecuted for not contributing much - Moomn wasn't truthful or honest about anything he's said so far. Whatever he had attempted to do up to this point is irrelevant because he failed to follow it up (because of real-life commitments) and just let the rest of the town establish an opinion of him without interfering.

5) He switches onto me, and stayed on that boat since. Here's what he thinks:
In post 159, Moomn wrote:I think Froce is the safest lynch of the people surrounding the Exilon divide at this time.
What Exilon divide, you ask? Let's go a paragraph before it:
In post 159, Moomn wrote:people are debating Exilon wanting to be town leader or not. He is most definitely seeking that role as I see it, but claims to not want the position which comes across as worried and defensive. Voted Froce and Wilky all respond to this a bit. Baezu puts some odd energy into the room but idk that it is exactly telling of anything.
So, I was apparently so involved in the divide that he associated his opinion of me with it. Let's go back and see all of the things I had to say, regarding this big divide:

- Reacting to N_M's post:
In post 109, Froce wrote:
If he actually is trying to do that then he's doing a bad job. I never caught him ordering others around and I don't feel he's trying to command anything. It feels more like he's helping other people get involved.
- Responding to wilky's iso about what constitutes a town leader. The latter part I tacked on because I thought wilky might be agreeing with N_M, though that was rash from me to assume that:
In post 143, Froce wrote:
In post 135, wilky wrote:A Town leader doesn't "order others around" though they're more a trusted town player with good reads that people are willing to sheep and trust.
Well exactly that part, the "sheep" part. As far as I'm aware Exilon didn't particularly push for any lynch, like tell others that this is a good vote for example, or that other votes are wrong. I didn't see him try to insert himself in that type of position. I don't even tr him (I don't have a solid read yet) by the way. So that someone tried to argue he was trying to "lead"
has zero bases in reality to me. Of course I'm interested to here more from N_M and what he thinks, unfortunately he's not been the most cooperative so far.
That's... it. It wasn't actually a divide at all. It's certainly not controversial enough more than two literal bandwagons on wilky and on Moomn. The whole "debacle" was a couple of posts short in which I said N_M was talking bs. Yet, Moomn, here, associated me with it and I turn out to be a safe lynch.

But here's the kicker, when I inquire him about it, I'm met with:
In post 178, Moomn wrote:I suppose I just see it differently than others, which is how it will be I guess. I would stand by the idea that you are veiling, which will come out as true or false later I suppose. *shrug*
Not gonna lie, I really was expecting a good talk with him about why I should be read as town because he finally seemed prepared to converse. In the end, what I got was some type of "I think what I think and you think what you think and we'll never ever agree". Let me just emphasize this was only the first exchange between me and him. No, really. In the morning of that day, I opened the website, I logged in, saw a lot of activity since I last looked, saw Moomn talking finally, "oh he foses me, that's not good. Hmm though I'm not sure what to make of his reasoning, maybe I can ask him about it? It should go well. It's probably more a misunderstanding of my posts than anything" "here, Moomn, it seems like you fos me specifically for X, X and X, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But you see, I was thinking X and X, so fos'ing me for X is kinda unfair. What do you think?" Moomn: "Yes you are exactly correct I fos you for X, X and X. No I'm not willing to have a conversation on it although you explained what would make my accusations unfounded and kinda useless. Bye."

Then he says this:
In post 192, Moomn wrote:im loving how defensive Froce is about doing nothing while STILL doing nothing. Instead of leading by asking hes basically demanding others ask him things directly. Scared of his own thoughts i say.
No, I mean, I had made a response to you before it. Like, specifically 5 posts above your post, directly questioning you about your refusal to put a case for yourself. Before this quote, Like 3 out of the last 6 posts were me, talking *exactly* about what you accuse me of. Here comes you, the person with the vote, blatantly dodging the essence of your D1 lynch. Evading any and every opportunity to engage me. After all of this, excuse me when I say, I'm 100% certain you don't believe what you say. This could not be further from someone who's actually confident in their reads, someone who studied the game up to this point and came to a conclusion that's honest to himself. It's not that I'm the one being fos'd, it's that - according to what I can discern from your game thus far - you're putting minimal effort into formulating reads. For example, I have strong evidence that I actually read the game as a refutation if one accuses me of slacking. You, just don't.

----

So really in the end, Moomn might not be better than N_M at all. And I'm gonna try and look in-depth into N_M too at some point to really make out his intentions. All I'm really saying is, Exilon's reads are comically bad (he tr'd the two aforementioned guys), so we can at the least ignore him until D1 ends.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:54 am

Post by Froce »

This large post is in response to this: viewtopic.php?p=10891582&user_select%5B ... #p10891582
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:11 am

Post by Froce »

Voted, I'm not sure you're trustworthy since you put Pvt on 6/7 (lol).

Anyway, all my posts have value in them, so just read them again. Most of them are in response to other people, which means I've built up the most interactions out of any player here, actually besides you maybe.

By the way I am not looking for PRs. You seem to misunderstand my posts. Here's what was said:
In post 212, Froce wrote:
In post 211, Voted wrote:2 days left. I think it's time to enter claiming phase. Anyone disagrees?
He already said he's fine with being lynched, so it's obvious what he's claiming.
I generally agree that Moomn should not claim unless he's 100% certain he will be lynched. I'm just mentioning the fact that he mostly seemed "chill" with us voting him. This is a criticism of Moomn's play more than anything else, as you can see here:
In post 184, Froce wrote:
In post 178, Moomn wrote:I don't mind my L position. Pressure doesn't dictate my actions. As I said I don't mind being the first lynch and I support day 1 lynches.
I think it'd be way more helpful (if you're town) to fiercely fight against being lynched. Unfortunately this comment makes you a good lynch option, because you're not PR-telling. Not telling you to claim now, but even as vanilla it's a free lynch given away and puts mafia one step closer to winning. Keep in mind you weren't even given a chance to talk (less than 5 posts prior). It feels like you're very much content with people reading you based on exactly a handful of lines and coming to the conclusion you're mafia. I'm just bringing to your attention the fact you made minimum effort to defend yourself.
I try to urge him to react and fight the votes and I explain why that'd be a better move as vanilla than simply "chilling" around and wasting a free lynch. (Ofc he never bothers to respond to this, but I digress).

Now if you allow it, I think I should be more of uh, 7/7? That's closer to my liking. 5/7 is fine too.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”