Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:08 am

Post by Detective Pikachu »

You're right that not hitting a mason early was bad ish but it didn't give town a mechanical win given town has lynched every townie vt lol
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:28 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2425, Detective Pikachu wrote:You're right that not hitting a mason early was bad ish but it didn't give town a mechanical win given town has lynched every townie vt lol
it gave my slot a mechanical solve
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:28 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

it also gave exilon's slot a mechanical solve. that's what made it weird.

I suspected the bp, but i saw no reason why it HAD to be the case
103-11 0-2
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:33 am

Ausuka making so much of a deal about a doctor when I thought it was unlikely there was a doctor in the game was actually one of the reasons I wanted to lynch her, I figured scum either were informed or had a one-shot strongman, and the way she was acting the day garmr claimed hider made me think informed.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:43 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

that makes sense.

I hadn't thought about it past "The IC isn't dead"

and that made me think either they thought there were other prs worth hitting and they missed or that they couldn't kill you.

I'm okay with pretty much my whole game outside of the exilon vote. It wasn't a good game, but it was good enough for a win if I hadn't made that vote.

The thing about that vote from an outside perspective, it doesn't make much sense from either alignment. Waiting and then hammering there? Sure, that would probably be scum!me, but I put myself out there with no expectation that bob or you would hammer, and it made me vulnerable to a push based on why I switched. It's not impossible for scum!me to play it this way, but I think the simplest answer is that I was town weighting recent exilon play more heavily in the moment than I was either of their play throughout the game.
103-11 0-2
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:53 am

Sure.

I mean if you're scum you're more scum for open wolfing irt to Ausuka, both arguing she was town for claim and then arguing HRG was town as a consequence of Ausuka's claim.

You argue that's the best part of your iso but the only redeeming factor is the vote for Ausuka that seems to slightly contradict your pool of reasoning lol
In post 325, u r a person 2 wrote:CBY could be scum. I don't have a lot of experience with them but I think I expect better questions. This is based on the time they were active, btw, I don't think there's a good argument to be made here for an activity tell considering they have not been active on site
In post 326, u r a person 2 wrote:On re read I think Egix is actually probably town
I actually find it a bit interesting that you read Egix's iso in 2 minutes here.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:56 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I didn't say it was the best part of my iso. I'm saying it shows a level of thought in the read making process that is more likely to come from town, and more substantial than what you've seen out of egix this game.

At the time of that post, Egix had roughly (less than? I only counted once) 20 posts in the game. Most were short, and I probably skimmed them too
103-11 0-2
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:49 pm

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:51 pm

In post 2230, Garmr wrote:if your scum buddy is Urap2 they deserve to win the game btw.
should hammer urap just so garmr never says a sentence like this again
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

obviously old meta is old, but he was def more assertive in the game you linked. Still the same indifference to what's going on in the game throughout the D1. If it didn't have to do with him he didn't really comment on it
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 2433, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 2230, Garmr wrote:if your scum buddy is Urap2 they deserve to win the game btw.
should hammer urap just so garmr never says a sentence like this again
I doubt he would learn his lesson so... =)
103-11 0-2
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:01 pm

Yeah I was more looking for a precedent for him having this little interaction with scumbuddies and voting people that he basically hadn't interacted with. I looked at one of his other scum games where he had a lot more interaction with his partners, but if he's scum this game he was playing a lot closer to C9++ where A50 might as well not exist, which feels a lot closer to his play toward Ausuka here

I feel like as town he interacts with a wider range of the player list?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:09 pm

I do agree that if you're scum this game urap you've wildly expanded your scumrange, I just don't want to give you the win simply because you approached the game with high motivation. That you want this win more than egix is pretty much without question, I've just been trying to decide if that is actually relevant for your alignment and I'm not totally sure it is. I think the general thing is that no one has a 400 post scum game until they do. Looking back there are legitimate reasons skitter and cdb scumread you on day 1.

The way your reads formed look generally much closer to your town game, but unfortunately you being so consistently wrong on Ausuka and then having that weird push on her that then went back to a hard townread feels kinda ehh. Your flip to wanting Exilon over Egix after Sky's flip also feels wolfy

There's also certain things that Egix does as scum that I don't really see here so there's still some room to think, but I've removed my concern that he definitely would have more theater with scumbuddies if he was scum
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:20 pm

I think I started with Egix being scum 60% of the time here and I might be up to 65%, but I don't think I'm getting to 100% very quickly.

I'm way more confident I could have solved Exilon for town and it's very difficult for me to not complain about bob's hammer literally every single post. Like how in 5-way is not objectively more scummy than Exilon I don't know (even if you're town I think there's plenty of reasons to scumread you frankly).
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

This didn't end up as compelling as I hoped. BUT I think it's still plenty compelling. Did this game feel like scum were providing 3 votes to both the D1 and D2 lynches?

If I'm scum, then scum started off the game by being the first two votes on the first wagon on town:
Spoiler:
In post 200, tris wrote:
VC 1.03
Sashaddin (5):
u r a person 2 , Ausuka , Lil Uzi Vert , bob3141 , Garmr
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , skitter30
Exilon (1):
cbynumber
ChannelDelibird (1):
Egix96
RuiRui (1):
ChannelDelibird
Inferno390 (1):
Exilon
bob3141 (1):
Sashaddin

Not Voting:
RuiRui

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-03 20:00:00)

And we sat there on that wagon for a week:
Spoiler:
In post 625, tris wrote:
VC 1.08
Sashaddin (5):
u r a person 2 , Ausuka , bob3141 , Exilon , Garmr
u r a person 2 (4):
Inferno390 , skitter30 , RuiRui , Sashaddin
RuiRui (2):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96
Exilon (1):
High Risk Gamble

Not Voting:
Lil Uzi Vert

Deadline:

Then all 3 scum were on the D1 Lynch:
Spoiler:
In post 851, tris wrote:
VC 1.FINAL
RuiRui (7):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96 , u r a person 2 , High Risk Gamble , Exilon , Ausuka , Sashaddin
LYNCH!

Sashaddin (4):
bob3141 , skitter30 , Garmr , Lil Uzi Vert
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , RuiRui

Not Voting:

Then all 3 of us got in on the action again for the D2 Lynch:
Spoiler:
In post 1731, tris wrote:
VC 2.FINAL
Sashaddin (6):
Gamma Emerald , Garmr , bob3141 , Ausuka , Exilon , u r a person 2
LYNCH!

Ausuka (3):
Egix , Inferno390 , Sashaddin
Egix96 (2):
u r a person 2 , skitter30
skitter30 (1):
Detective Pikachu

Not Voting:

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

D3 and D4 are bus days regardless of which of us is scum
Spoiler:
In post 2139, tris wrote:
VC 3.FINAL
Ausuka (5):
Egix96 , u r a person 2 , Skygazer , Detective Pikachu , bob3141
LYNCH!

Egix96 (2):
Ausuka , Exilon

Not Voting:
Garmr, skitter30

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
In post 2235, tris wrote:
VC 4.FINAL
Skygazer (4):
u r a person 2 , Egix96 , Garmr , Skygazer
LYNCH!

Not Voting:
Exilon, Detective Pikachu, bob3141

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I sympathize with your plight here, Pika

And you don't see me saying you're bad for not having hammered egix yet

Obviously, entering the day with the game solved for me presents its own stresses, so yeah, we'll get through this?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

oh i guess d1 lynch was all scum regardless of which of us is scum

fuck
103-11 0-2
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:42 pm

Yeah I'm imagining scum team was all going "wolf pack powah" in the scum pt or something

I think scum going triple on d1 does tend to make more sense if one of the scum is threatened, i.e. your slot

CDB was also a slot that was likely to push you more on D2
In post 685, ChannelDelibird wrote:RuiRui > Sash > Gamble

Gamble's initial burst of activity then failure to finish catching up sucks but is not particularly more likely to be from scum than town - merely very mildly. Would rather get info on a more prominent wagon. Would rather lynch likely scum over both
this is more true if CDB had at various times in d1 listed both you and HRG as mid-grade scum reads which means he probably had to go before lylo and sooner is often better

that being said, CDB could have just been the kill because of Gamble so it's not like that nightkill is exactly damning
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:46 pm

In post 509, ChannelDelibird wrote:
Would Lynch:

RuiRui
- I've made my feelings here clear. RuiRui seems to be posting just barely enough to not get prodded too much, and what she does say seems to betray a frightful lack of interest in the game at large. It's all the lightest of brushes against the surface level, to the extent that she isn't even reacting to any suspicion on her at all. Pressure must be applied here to force some kind of commitment to anything at all.

High Risk Gamble
- By no means a lynch I particularly intend to pursue right now, but it is one on which I would compromise if necessary. I thought CBY seemed alright until they disappeared, but the disappearance does sort of remind me of the times when I thought I had the energy to play scum then realised that I didn't. Gamble's start looks promising so far, though, so my preference is to wait and see here.

Egix96
- Struggling a little bit here. I liked him for bullheaded town earlier but he hasn't really got his teeth into the game quite as much as I would have expected from my impressions of his style. Gave a Sash townread for (as he himself acknowledged) pretty shruggy meta reads, then hasn't said much about the wagon at all, despite it being the major one for a few days now. I'd lynch most of the other people in this section before I lynched Egix, but I can't quite make my previous townread stick for the time being.

bob
- I find Bob's posts literally quite difficult to read, which makes evaluating his alignment tough. I think I'd rather get a couple of flips and then see how other players have treated him over the course of the game to get a better sense of it that way, but I don't really feel much either way so would compromise here if necessary.

Sashaddin
- The 'I'm so awful, always get lynched, going to quit' stuff happens on all levels of the alignment spectrum, which is not helpful. He hasn't got many stated reads, but of those stated reads his Urap read (and vote) seems to be entirely based on sheeping some really pretty uninteresting 'analysis' from Inferno very early, and his RuiRui townread came out of nowhere and has NEVER been explained. He just doesn't seem able to muster up anywhere to push that he genuinely cares about, either. This could all be explained by 'player having a tough time generally in a little over his head', but you'll note that explanation doesn't necessarily require Sash to be town. So I don't know. Any scum vibes I'm getting are pretty weak, but at this point I do think the wagon will be an interesting one to analyse regardless of the flip, and there is an at least middling chance of it turning up scum.

Would Not Lynch:

Exilon
- Close to the other category, but I feel like I'm still working out how to read Exilon and it might click with some more time. So far I have very little either way, but the fact that he doesn't seem like a realistic lynch Today anyway makes me happy enough to indulgently put him in this category.

Garmr
- I don't necessarily agree with many of his conclusions but he seems to be thinking proactively, confidently and fearlessly. Strong townread.

LUV
- Obviously.

Ausuka
- Her reactions to some of the early nonsense seemed to mirror mine a fair bit, which is a good sign. Her vote on Sash reads well, although she is a little too quick to work out what her plans are post-Sash-lynch for my tastes. There's not been a lot of urgency on her part to push the lynch through, which might make me paranoid if Sash turns up scum, but for now I think this would be a pretty bad place to start.

urap2
- I really, really wish I could say that I'd be happy to lynch them just to stop dealing with them but, gun to my head, I think this kind of behaviour is more likely to come from town than scum. Most of the things that they say are a complete mess, but they're argued with conviction, which makes me believe that it makes sense in their own head.

skitter
- Paranoid in all the right places. Strong townread.

Inferno
- Playing in such a carefree way that I am inclined to townread him, and the fact that he is so deep in the tunnels on a player like urap reads as pretty solidly town to me (though I have absolutely zero interest in ego crap like 'I have a really good record of hard tunneling scum').

----

Ordinarily I'd just hammer Sashaddin right here to get on with it but I'm happy to leave it for Inferno (or just me a bit later) in case anyone wants to talk about this post or catch up on things in general (I remember at least Exilon was planning to reread some bits).

My preferred lynch remains RuiRui, but I can live with this.
Decent Chance CDB gets killed more frequently if he's 2/5 rather than 1/5? Hard to say though, he could have been an anti-informational kill, and if Ausuka was conceived of as the deepwolf by the scum team then supporting the townread of her through his kill makes sense regardless of the urap/egix reads
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:47 pm

and the problem is that's a townread, but it's not a townread that you count on holding up to lylo if you're scum so *shrug*
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:50 pm

Unfortunately the only kill that isn't polluted by reads is the CDB kill; Inferno going down had *something* to do with Garmr's hider fakeclaim I'm just not totally sure what

So basically every nightkill in this game was either a PR kill or a PR-related kill (Inferno)

For day 6 it's kinda shocking how little NKA can actually provide this game
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Yeah

well, no one can say you haven't put in the work this game
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

like, dead thread is going to be more upset with me than with you if you hammer me
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

spoiler is just a bunch of d1 vote counts, but take a look at how while the wagons were sash, rui, me HRG doesn't get in on the main wagons for a long time. If, as you're saying, scum is more likely to be 3 man if one (me) is in trouble, why did HRG stay on vanity wagons so long?

I guess I'm not actually looking for an answer =P

Spoiler:
In post 436, tris wrote:
VC 1.06
Sashaddin (5):
u r a person 2 , Ausuka , Lil Uzi Vert , bob3141 , Exilon
RuiRui (2):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , skitter30
Exilon (1):
High Risk Gamble
Garmr (1):
Sashaddin
cbynumber (1):
RuiRui
Inferno390 (1):
Garmr

Not Voting:

Deadline:
In post 500, tris wrote:
VC 1.07
Sashaddin (6):
u r a person 2 , Ausuka , Lil Uzi Vert , bob3141 , Exilon , Garmr
(L-1)

u r a person 2 (3):
Inferno390 , skitter30 , RuiRui
RuiRui (2):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96
Exilon (1):
High Risk Gamble
Garmr (1):
Sashaddin

Not Voting:

Deadline:
In post 625, tris wrote:
VC 1.08
Sashaddin (5):
u r a person 2 , Ausuka , bob3141 , Exilon , Garmr
u r a person 2 (4):
Inferno390 , skitter30 , RuiRui , Sashaddin
RuiRui (2):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96
Exilon (1):
High Risk Gamble

Not Voting:
Lil Uzi Vert

Deadline:
In post 650, tris wrote:
VC 1.09
RuiRui (4):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96 , skitter30 , u r a person 2
Sashaddin (4):
Ausuka , bob3141 , Exilon , Garmr
u r a person 2 (3):
Inferno390 , RuiRui , Sashaddin
Exilon (1):
High Risk Gamble

Not Voting:
Lil Uzi Vert

Deadline:
In post 725, tris wrote:
VC 1.10
RuiRui (4):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96 , skitter30 , u r a person 2
Sashaddin (3):
Ausuka , bob3141 , Exilon
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , RuiRui
skitter30 (2):
High Risk Gamble , Garmr

Not Voting:
Lil Uzi Vert , Sashaddin

Deadline:
In post 750, tris wrote:
VC 1.11
Sashaddin (5):
Ausuka , bob3141 , Exilon , skitter30 , Garmr
RuiRui (3):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96 , u r a person 2
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , RuiRui
skitter30 (1):
High Risk Gamble

Not Voting:
Lil Uzi Vert , Sashaddin

Deadline:
In post 840, tris wrote:
VC 1.12
RuiRui (6):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96 , u r a person 2 , High Risk Gamble , Exilon , Ausuka
(L-1)

Sashaddin (4):
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , RuiRui

Not Voting:
Sashaddin

Deadline:
In post 851, tris wrote:
VC 1.FINAL
RuiRui (7):
ChannelDelibird , Egix96 , u r a person 2 , High Risk Gamble , Exilon , Ausuka , Sashaddin
LYNCH!

Sashaddin (4):
u r a person 2 (2):
Inferno390 , RuiRui

Not Voting:

103-11 0-2
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:12 pm

In post 704, High Risk Gamble wrote:I'm feel less like Sash scum with the VT claim and even though VT lynch / scum lynch isn't a bad choice day 1 I don't think Sash flips scum here.
committed to townread/he probably thought it would go through without him, but he'd listed him low enough in his poe that he was under no obligation to really hard defend the wagon

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”