Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 923, davesaz wrote:You were doing fine till you started saying that was a trap. You’re grasping at very thin straws. I’m town and I would have responded to 248 the same way.
why?
GTKAS
| here.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

Hmmm. I don’t really trust alisae but i am wanting to trust ausuka. Which makes me indifferent about the elephant in the room.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Post by davesaz »

You say that scum are unlikely to do something that’s unlikely. Agreeing with a likely to be true statement makes someone scum?
It almost goes without saying that I’d also yell about giving scum advice but that’s me and I already did a few of my posts ago.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by Alisae »

Dave I hope you know what I meant was why would you respond to that post in teh same way?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 927, davesaz wrote:You say that scum are unlikely to do something that’s unlikely. Agreeing with a likely to be true statement makes someone scum?
It almost goes without saying that I’d also yell about giving scum advice but that’s me and I already did a few of my posts ago.
ok ty UNVOTE: [/yv]
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Alisae »

UNVOTE:
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 927, davesaz wrote:You say that scum are unlikely to do something that’s unlikely. Agreeing with a likely to be true statement makes someone scum?
see the logic im supposed to say is
"but he agreed so therefore he's signaling"
but what you're saying sounds way smarter then what I'm supposed to be saying.

and what I'm supposed to be saying is apparently what relly wanted me to do?

basically I went through this whole process like an idiot to prove that what he's saying doesn't make sense given what he posted.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

Like Dave this interaction between me and you is Relly's supposed reason for voting me from what I understand
he made that post because he wanted to see if I voted him
I didn't
so then he scumread me because he thought if I was town I would vote him.

His logic from my understanding is "its a post that is a trap to catch scum who would signal towards me"
But as I actually think (and what given the logic that you are currently giving me which I agree with), that its really stupid.
Town? Probably because I see myself having these "hah gottem" moments like what Relly tried to do all of the time, or atleast try to create those moments.

Also, by no means does "Agreed" to what he quoted look like a signal to me.
GTKAS
| here.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by davesaz »

This is an interesting one.
I think that saying that 247/248 was a trap for scum sounds fishy, and thinking that "agreed" in response is scum signaling looks like making up a reason.
At the same time, I think that posting "agreed" and then claiming later that it was a test to find out if you're laying a trap or signaling scum also looks like making up a reason.
So one possible interpretation is that you're both making up reasons to scumread the other. Both of you are claiming to have laid traps. It's a quasi-counterclaim position.
Another possible interpretation is that both of you were goaded into this by one or more 3rd parties, and you both fell for it badly.
It's not beyond the realm of possibility that you're both scum, and that was indeed a signal and an answer.

What's a thinker to do? Probably think some more, but after work tomorrow at the earliest. I have meetings with executives tomorrow and don't want to get riled up before bed.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

just b/c Baezu is lynchbait doesn't mean she can't be scum. FMPOV her "ok, I'll sheep" is just blatantly scum opportunistically bandwagoning me. She needs to come in and explain her vote.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:49 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 870, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 858, Enigma wrote:
In post 641, Ausuka wrote:
In post 556, Enigma wrote:trs
nero
Why?
i forgot, maybe itll come back to me
:?:
it was the impression i got from catching up, maybe the exchange with alisae
but now looking back i cant quite see what it was
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:58 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 877, Ausuka wrote:But, like, Baezu's scumgame just isn't as bad as Creature's used to be. And I think that Baezu is town.

Okay so let me expand on the meta point Dave made about Baezu. Baezu, as town, is usually massive lynchbait and says weird things with an awkward tone, but is kind of relaxed at the same time. Baezu, as scum, is stiff and feels much more purposeful, feeling more obligated to justify her regular vote-hops. She doesn't have literally no clue how to play scum, she's actually better than me at it. Her meta would definitely seem to apply here as the multiball game below was much more similar to her scumgames than her towngames. I'll give some examples and you can tell me if you disagree.
yeh actually i agree
1. i have the impression that she really hates playing scum
2. once she is not afk, i think she is quite easy to sort

ftr im not town or scum reading her rn, im just saying that she is easy to read as the game progresses
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:02 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 926, Emperor flippyNips wrote:Hmmm. I don’t really trust alisae but i am wanting to trust ausuka. Which makes me indifferent about the elephant in the room.
+1
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:05 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 934, Nero Cain wrote:just b/c Baezu is lynchbait doesn't mean she can't be scum. FMPOV her "ok, I'll sheep" is just blatantly scum opportunistically bandwagoning me. She needs to come in and explain her vote.
baezu was lynch bait in the last town game i had with her, playing exactly like how she is now

that being said, its incredibly hard to read without her response so ill reserve my thoughts for now
Dr Worm
Dr Worm
NOT A REAL DOCTOR
Dr Worm
NOT A REAL DOCTOR
NOT A REAL DOCTOR

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:08 am

Post by Dr Worm »

In post 923, davesaz wrote:You were doing fine till you started saying that was a trap. You’re grasping at very thin straws. I’m town and I would have responded to 248 the same way.
AGREEEEE!!

I AM TROWN AND I DID REPSOND THE SAME WAY!!
Dr Worm
Dr Worm
NOT A REAL DOCTOR
Dr Worm
NOT A REAL DOCTOR
NOT A REAL DOCTOR

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:11 am

Post by Dr Worm »

If it"s a TRAP why WASN"T IT SPRUNG??
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

let me start my catchup by QFT:
In post 940, Dr Worm wrote:If it"s a TRAP why WASN"T IT SPRUNG??
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:32 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Splitting this wall into multiple posts:
In post 308, insomnia wrote:Yeah, looking back, Irrel’s chainsaw was pretty shit to be honest.

The emotion behind the posts was over the top and therefore fake.
It was early game, I was looking for something to push, didn't really believe it myself.
In post 320, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I’m not sure why some of you are following the other game intensely. It’s not by any means going to help your team win. Sure it’s nice to have someone to bounce reads off of, but in my experience, it’s very hard to stay engaged if you’re not actually playing.
I'll be passing this post on to my partner as something I don't think a member of a T/T pair would say.
In post 601, Dr Worm wrote:
In post 489, Alisae wrote:
In post 485, Ausuka wrote:@alisae: was your attention with the signalling thing literally just "weed out the bad townies"? if so, it seems like you've already made up your mind that we're all terrible, so why?
A. Spread awareness to Boon’s ruleset that 1-1 = joint win so looking for signaling is a good idea
B. Its significantly easier to look for scum who is pushing you if you put yourself in a very lynchbaity position. If you put yourself in a lynchbait position, you can try to figure out who is genuinely trying to figure out your alignment, while also try to figure out who is scum trying to lynch you.
WHY isn"t ANYBIDY talking about THIS SCUM POST??

A. why ""SPREAD AWARENESS"" about SIGNALLING?? WHY NOT KEEP SECRET and then EXPOSE SCUM WHEN YOU SEE SIGNALLING??

B. LOL!!
For some reason Dr Worm is the only one who understands my reaction to Alisae - I'll make a separate post about Alisae, and let this post be my catch up.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:32 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 648, Ausuka wrote:Ok i'm finally caught up and actually have reads.

{almost50, baezu, enigma, alisae}
{davesaz, firebringer, aristophanes}
{insomnia, LUV}
{nips} - null line
{irrelephant, WORM}
{Nero}

Currently I don't really like either wagon, although I haven't done as much thinking about insomnia as I have about Alisae; I'd prefer a Nero wagon but I'd also fairly happily settle for a Irre or Worm wagon.

@insomnia: is the implication that I'm scum being manipulated into defending them by the Ali/FB team or town being pocketed? If the latter, what changed?
Not sure what put me so low in your readslist here. I agree I hadn't surpassed my scum meta, but you've since said that you believe me when I say I'm busy, so it's not activity. What's the read based on? Why the strong townreads on enigma, alisae, and baezu?
In post 664, insomnia wrote:90% of eir posts are concentrated on brushing off her voters by calling them trash. Barely focused on game solving.

It’s a fucking joke if we don’t lynch Alisae today.
Not maf/maf
Probably not maf/wolf either tbh
Townreading insomnia for the passion, too, maybe?

makes me sad
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:32 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 711, Firebringer wrote:
In post 710, Ausuka wrote:
In post 707, insomnia wrote:Ausuka didn’t even step in to stop any of this.
What do you want me to do?
he doesn't, he is using that justify his continuing push.
It is at this point that I decided that firebringer is here to pull down everyone's reads of everyone, and scumread him for it
In post 714, Firebringer wrote:the tone of this game just needs to shift.
but tru tho
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:33 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 723, Ausuka wrote:Wagoning Nero Cain or Irrelephant I guess? That part's harder because we need more people.
Not sure why us two
Why aren't you scumreading Dr Worm for doing the same thing as me with the same reasoning? Surely if you think I'm worth wagoning he is too?
In post 756, Almost50 wrote:@LUV: dave's tone is relaxed and I think this is town!him taking his time to form reads. Sure, it may look like and empty ISO to you but that's nothing that warrants worrying just yet.
Agreed
Townlean on Almost50, townread on dave
In post 856, davesaz wrote:PP seems town in contrast to our recent game where he was scum.

People joke-scumclaiming are going to screw up my reads. Same problem I have with Elsa Jay all the time, but this game several people did it. Note, it's somethin I know has happened but did not pay attention to who did it.
I can have a townlean on PP I think
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:33 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 877, Ausuka wrote:
In post 851, Alisae wrote:like this honestly seems just as bad as creature's scumgame around when you could reliably read Creature off of his postcount
But, like, Baezu's scumgame just isn't as bad as Creature's used to be. And I think that Baezu is town.

Okay so let me expand on the meta point Dave made about Baezu. Baezu, as town, is usually massive lynchbait and says weird things with an awkward tone, but is kind of relaxed at the same time. Baezu, as scum, is stiff and feels much more purposeful, feeling more obligated to justify her regular vote-hops. She doesn't have literally no clue how to play scum, she's actually better than me at it. Her meta would definitely seem to apply here as the multiball game below was much more similar to her scumgames than her towngames. I'll give some examples and you can tell me if you disagree.

Towngames:
viewtopic.php?t=79412&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
viewtopic.php?t=79563&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go
viewtopic.php?t=79602&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go
viewtopic.php?t=79212&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go

Scumgames:
viewtopic.php?t=79718&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
viewtopic.php?t=79344&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go (multiball; the game that dave mentioned)
viewtopic.php?t=79600&f=83&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
viewtopic.php?t=79304&f=23&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
viewtopic.php?t=79415&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

If you look at their ISO in this game it just feels so much more like town!Baezu. It reminds me of the first link especially.

I'm not sure what exactly you see in Baezu here anyway. You say that she's lurking and not doing anything. This is kind of fair but applies to a LOT of people in this game and I wouldn't even say she's the biggest culprit of this? Meta-wise, compare the second game, in which I asked her for a readlist twice and she didn't respond. In her scum games she is pretty surface-level helpful actually, making readlists, offering to answer questions, and also just asking questions generally. There's no towniness that jumps out in her ISO but I think that's normal and her casual tone is still towny for her.

Idk. I don't really think this will flip scum.
I guess I'm not really willing to lynch the author of this post any time soon. Townread on Ausuka, as annoying as it is that she doesn't understand my play and seems to want to punish me for it
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:33 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

case on alisae coming another time
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

Ughhh. I like silhouelehant’s tone. & don’t want him dead rn

I’ll probably ISO a little later to see where i want my vote.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 944, Irrelephant11 wrote:It is at this point that I decided that firebringer is here to pull down everyone's reads of everyone, and scumread him for it
if i get scumread by u, i win.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”