Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:45 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1042, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1038, Titus wrote:A50, who is scum? Who is town? Talk about something other than mechanics.
I'll only respond to someone who treats me with respect, not be drunk everytime they talk to me.
And I actually feel titus is correct about this slot. There was some genuineness there after I first called A50 out, where I felt I was wrong, but.....

All recent posts just make me feel my initial impression of the slot was correct. I dont feel genuine analysis from A50 this game. It just feels oportunistic, and like the slot is actively looking for stuff to scumread.

just my read
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:46 pm

Post by Titus »

@pops, how are A50 and apthet in opposition to each other when I've highlighted A50 not posting game related content since I came in?

The closest he has is hard core needling my mistakes while babying Apthet.

Yet he votes against my lynch.

But sure, I have a wierd progression on A50 because he's been obvscum since I came in... and apthet may have tried to fake a townslip.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1075, Vecna wrote:
In post 1042, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1038, Titus wrote:A50, who is scum? Who is town? Talk about something other than mechanics.
I'll only respond to someone who treats me with respect, not be drunk everytime they talk to me.
And I actually feel titus is correct about this slot. There was some genuineness there after I first called A50 out, where I felt I was wrong, but.....

All recent posts just make me feel my initial impression of the slot was correct. I dont feel genuine analysis from A50 this game. It just feels oportunistic, and like the slot is actively looking for stuff to scumread.

just my read
There's also a strong difference between drunk Titus and sober Titus too...

That's just discrediting to say I'm always drunk. Some say drunk Titus is more relatable.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:48 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1046, popsofctown wrote:I have this weird feeling the game is probably 1 deepwolf 2 obvscum, because otherwise the proposals would have either butterglided or hardbounced.

Am I crazy?
Im afraid this type of setup (while fun and awesome) has a tendency to make a certain crowd "proposal-tired"
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:49 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1060, Almost50 wrote:You know what? I'm gonna go mechanical.

VOTE: against

I'll put my trust in Nero
Doesn't respect me.
Hates my reads.
Discusses mechanics constantly. Never mentions anything clearing.
Suddenly against for mechanical reasons

Pops, I can lead you to water but I can't make you drink.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:49 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1078, Vecna wrote:
In post 1046, popsofctown wrote:I have this weird feeling the game is probably 1 deepwolf 2 obvscum, because otherwise the proposals would have either butterglided or hardbounced.

Am I crazy?
Im afraid this type of setup (while fun and awesome) has a tendency to make a certain crowd "proposal-tired"
+1
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1047, Almost50 wrote:No, you're not. It could very well be the case. I don't even know what scum would do here though. Like, if you were scum, what would you be fighting for? Would you be content lynching one of your own? Would you be content NOT lynching one of your own? Would you go for certain roles?

At the start of the game I made a list I keep referring to every now and then:

Scum will give to Town:

Compulsive Quitter:
Timid: Banned from proposals
Night 1 Universal Backup:
Inactive (Passive): For the rest of the game, proposals that give you a Day or Night action are invalid.
Vanilla:

Scum will give to Scum:

Day 3 King: Only D3 proposal is yours
Inventor (Night): 4 Nights of 1-shot
Bodygaued/Friendly Neighbour (Scum Visitor)/Activated Hero (switches Quitter with who proposed it to you)/Announcing Mailman (Messenger)

Scum will give one to each:

Neighbour:
Neighbour:

No Idea

1-shot Gladiator (Day): when no proposal is being voted on, ("Challenge: player"). All proposals that day are invalid unless they give the Compulsive Quitter role either to you, or to the player you challenged.
Day 5 Innocent Child (Passive): If you are Town-aligned
Macho:
Miller: Appear scum regardless of alignment
Odd-Night Motion Detector:

As such, I already have 3 roles that I think scum would give to scum (King, Inventor & 1 Neighbor). If I apply my theory in a vacuum (i.e. not including my reads), Oversoul should be clear based on his draft. If momo is scum then you and Vecna are his likely partners based on his preliminary proposal, but we can switch Vecna with Icon based on his second draft (less significant).

Applying the same to Vecna's proposal he gave Inventor to Icon, gave King to momo and out you in the Neighborhood.

Then YOU proposed (momo+Vecna+pops have proposed so far) and you gave momo King and yourself Inventorm and while Vecna is a UB that could easily be remedied by shooting one of the Neighbors on N1. You were the only one to give Iconeum a useless role (Timid). If you didn't I would have suggested the scum team to be of FOUR members.

But that all goes against what I see from your posting (all 3 of you). If the team is literally pops+Vecna+momo I'd tip my hat to all 3 of you and I'd concede right now.
This post attributes way too much power to scum in pushing through whatever they want. Theyll pick their battles, maybe, for some of it.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:00 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1065, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 922, Iconeum wrote:
In post 914, Vecna wrote:
In post 859, momo wrote:VOTE: for
I have a bad feeling about this
ur not townreading momo?
there's going to be some overlap here since this is also a reason why I'm suspicious of Vecna but this made me tinfoil a Vecna-Icon team that takes opposing stances on a player.
In post 923, Iconeum wrote:
In post 912, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 898, Vecna wrote:
In post 785, Nero Cain wrote:I don't really like the idea of giving scummy players a miller role b/c assuming we get a cop @ some point they can just use but "im a miller" as an excuse for why they invested as red. Miller should go to someone that's town and a that's being heavily town read by the majority.

And for that reason, I'm out.

That is exactly what I am darling.
So what do you think about yourself in the IC role, becayse thats the change id expect you to comment on.

The miller allocation has been there for a while.
What does the bolded mean? I mean, giving me IC just gets me shot n4. Do you think that scum want to deal with conf town Nero? no, they don't. I'm not really sure what would be best to give me b/c I'm not very good at long term strategy. I kinda liked the idea of being the backup and having one of the useful prs but eh...
This sounds like dodging. Being backup is likely to give you a powerfull role, depending on scum strategy which means a likely early exit as well.
If it's your goal to live past N4, why not go for some of the lesser roles?
I just didn't like this interaction. At the time I was being proposed a miller role so what he was saying really made 0 sense. I mean, I was being asked how I felt about being an IC and I gave my honest opinion about it. I think being shaded over it was dumb and scummy.
In post 975, Iconeum wrote:
In post 974, Oversoul wrote:I feel like we are spending an inordinate amount of time discussing role distribution and kind of just accepting Titus's death which is making me paranoid. I think the most important roles to actually distribute is the miller for obvious reasons and potentially Day 3 King, but to a lesser extent. I think we need to refocus because there seems to be some consternation about Titus and Not-Titus.
I'm having a hard time being active in this game because of the mechanics talk. I'm not very good at it, and I tend to start sheeping if I can't keep up with the discussion.
this pinged me hard though.
Nero, honest question here:

Why does it surprise you that people (being me) question your motives after youve been arguing against any proposal where I get a powerfull role?

You now say you scumread me on some reaction from icon, but you were constantly shading any proposal where I got anything meaningfull way before that.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:17 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 30, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 26, popsofctown wrote:@all: which player are you least confident in your ability to read?
everyone?

prob mostly vecna b/c he always says silly and scummy things but that applies to like half the playlist so....
In post 492, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 429, Titus wrote:I'm ok being a compulsive quitter. Not sure if I am the best or if I die permanently. But I'd be around for VCA if I understand
I don't really like how Titus is claiming to not have read/pretending to not have read so now I'm good with this lynch.

I'm going to take another look at the proposal but honestly, I'm just kinda eh...like, idk, the first time I read Vecna's thing about giving the useful pr to not good/hard to read players I was like but I guess it does kinda make sense? I mean I guess I'm just out of my depth and I don't really know what would make for the best role assignments.
In post 503, Nero Cain wrote:VOTE: against

I don't really like the idea of vecna as king someone come up with a better plan
In post 512, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think I hammered or anything so why are we doing a hard reset. I just think that Vecna is king is ???
I WILL NOT BOW TO HIM!
In post 546, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 539, momo wrote:
In post 537, Nero Cain wrote:Who are your top 3 town reads momo?
Pops, vecna, and you
namaste

but y vecna?
In post 785, Nero Cain wrote:I don't really like the idea of giving scummy players a miller role b/c assuming we get a cop @ some point they can just use but "im a miller" as an excuse for why they invested as red. Miller should go to someone that's town and a that's being heavily town read by the majority.

And for that reason, I'm out.

So this is my point.

I guess I can somehow see why you wouldnt want me being king, based on our history.

But the stuff that happens after is just weird, especially after your first statement is that im the person you have most trouble reading.

You werent against me being king because I was scummy. You were aware I was being widely townread, you were even asking people why.

But then suddenly the proposal where im being put forward as miller is a no go because you think im scum? Because there was no indication whatsoever upto this point you were susicious off me.

And then afterwards you make a big fuss about me asking you why this was the thing you commented in, as opposed to your own IC role.

surely it must not come as a surprise this was weird to me?

so why were you suspicious of my slot when the vecna miller proposal was put forward?
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:24 am

Post by momo »

Titus putting down 4 people as scum seems like scum trying to fake a townslip to me (cause scum obv knows that there are only 3 scum).

The timing is bad (pressure is mounting against her) and there’s no way someone can be so incompetent as town that they don’t know how many scum are in this game.

She’s clearly scum guys. If anyone can say she’s town after that “slip”, I don’t understand you.
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:56 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 1068, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Got prodded.
In post 1069, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Why aren’t we lynching scum yet?
These posts are insufficient to respond to a prod.

Prod response posts must express a read, ask a question of a specific player, or answer a question asked by another player.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:58 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Game statusFailed proposals:
Spoiler: momo's proposal
For
(4): momo, Almost50, Iconeum, Saudade
Against
(7): Hidden Happiness, popsofctown, Nero Cain, Oversoul, Titus, Lil Uzi Vert, Vecna
Not voting
(3): apthet, CheekyTeeky, Gamma Emerald
Spoiler: Vecna's proposal
For
(2): Vecna, Lil Uzi Vert
Against
(7): Titus, Oversoul, Nero Cain, popsofctown, momo, CheekyTeeky, Almost50
Not voting
(5): Iconeum, Saudade, apthet, Gamma Emerald, Hidden Happiness
Current proposal
(by popsofctown):
For
(6): popsofctown, Oversoul, Saudade, CheekyTeeky, momo, Gamma Emerald
Against
(5): Hidden Happiness, Titus, Vecna, Nero Cain, Almost50
Not voting
(3): Iconeum, apthet, Lil Uzi Vert

Proposal available
(11): Hidden Happiness, Iconeum, Oversoul, apthet, Nero Cain, CheekyTeeky, Almost50, Gamma Emerald, Lil Uzi Vert, Saudade, Titus
Proposal unavailable
(3): momo, Vecna, popsofctown

To end day with a particular role assignment, one player must propose it, and 8 players vote for it.
Deadline is currently 00:05 UTC on Sunday 21 July (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2019-07-21 00:05:00)
). It will be extended when a proposal is made.

Unofficial vote count
CheekyTeeky
(2): popsofctown, Saudade
Hidden Happiness
(1): Iconeum
Vecna
(1): Hidden Happiness
Iconeum
(1): Oversoul

These votes don't do anything, but I'm counting them anyway.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1076, Titus wrote:@pops, how are A50 and apthet in opposition to each other when I've highlighted A50 not posting game related content since I came in?

The closest he has is hard core needling my mistakes while babying Apthet.

Yet he votes against my lynch.

But sure, I have a wierd progression on A50 because he's been obvscum since I came in... and apthet may have tried to fake a townslip.
They don't work very well as town together.

I kinda don't like A50's recent posting either.

I'd maybe vote a proposal where you bus him if it has me getting a rocket launcher or something in it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1084, momo wrote:Titus putting down 4 people as scum seems like scum trying to fake a townslip to me (cause scum obv knows that there are only 3 scum).

The timing is bad (pressure is mounting against her) and there’s no way someone can be so incompetent as town that they don’t know how many scum are in this game.

She’s clearly scum guys. If anyone can say she’s town after that “slip”, I don’t understand you.
I would do that as town. The number of scums doesn't matter because you're not trying to lynch a certain number of them, you're trying to lynch all of them. You don't really lose anything if there are fewer scums in the setup than you thought. You won't lynch any townies trying to find the last one, the nice modman will stop and interrupt you to let you know that you won already
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1080, Titus wrote:

Am I crazy?
+1
It's good game design to give players lots of possible options. With a group of more advance players you can offer even more options. It takes a lot of options before you've offered players too many options.

44 billion is a lot of options though.
"Well, I..."
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:55 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1071, Titus wrote:
You could vote against but I've never had high faith in your early game.
I don’t get any of the scum reads on you, Cheeky, or HH. I’ve read what little has been expressed on why other slots might be scum but it isn’t connecting with me right now.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:56 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1072, popsofctown wrote:
Who's the scum then, Uzi?
If we are getting cold feet on Titus, I can compromise on Cheeky.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:57 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Am I crazy?
I can attest to this.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

Cheeky is a pretty good lynch, especially if she's not going to play the game enough for our read on her to change.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

Do you want to propose something Uzi?
"Well, I..."
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:02 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I’m willing to give Titus another day to redeem herself but I wanted to do that through the neighborhood. My hope was for a town Titus to discuss mechanics with someone.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:08 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

1-Shot Gladiator: Almost50
Inactive: Saudade
Day 5 Innocent Child: Oversoul
Inventor: popsofctown
Day 3 King: Apthet
Macho: Gamma Emerald
Miller: Momo
Odd-Night Motion Detector: Lil Uzi Vert
Neighbor: Titus
Neighbor: Vecna
Vanilla: Iconeum
Timid: Hidden Happiness
N1 Universal Backup: Nero Cain
Compulsive Quitter: CheekyTeeky
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Against
Vote against and then propose that in your next post and it will become the proposal
"Well, I..."
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:14 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

VOTE: Against
Lil Uzi Vert