Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 1149, Rick Dalton wrote:
In post 1113, Rick Dalton wrote:I reckon I need to catch up and glance over my lines.

I’ll be off book shortly. Anyone have any notes?
I specifically said I reckon that I need to, not that I was going to. And this is still relevant, I am piecing things together, and seeing how things go prior to me getting into the mix. I also asked if anyone had anything, and got ignored, so I had to get a grasp on things to help when I look back.

I’m here now, ain’t i
Well, there are things we’d like you to get a viewpoint on that aren’t someone else’s thoughts — hence, no notes.
Rick Dalton
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Rick Dalton »

By seeing what thoughts people give me and what notes, I am able to also gain an accurate read on them because I can see if I think their thought process is genuine or not
This right here’s my stunt double, Cliff Booth

Town: 1 w, 0 L
Scum: 2 w, 0 L
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Here let me help you.
Read Start of Day 2 until
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 1151, Rick Dalton wrote:By seeing what thoughts people give me and what notes, I am able to also gain an accurate read on them because I can see if I think their thought process is genuine or not
Fair enough.
Day 1: RVS shenanigans, Gamma gimmick posted a few times, FF battled implosion and Phillammon was also under suspicion (which seems to have vanished, but whatever), most of the town mislynched Thesp for a few bad posts and lurking, IIRC.
Day 2: implo died (very weird), Sakura sort-of-claimed a guilty, Drew sheeped the heck out of it while Gamma asked why, and then Sakura retracted the guilty.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:08 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I am getting over a pretty bad cold, I will try to get to this tonight. Welcome to this game Mr. Dalton
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1146, Rick Dalton wrote:
In post 1145, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1144, Rick Dalton wrote:A lot of spiders do a similar thing.
Your catch up was lacking in luster. Why is that?
Did I say I was planning on catching up?
You did. Here:
In post 1113, Rick Dalton wrote:I reckon I need to catch up and glance over my lines.

Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Rick Dalton
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by Rick Dalton »

I specifically said I reckon that I need to, not that I was going to. And this is still relevant, I am piecing things together, and seeing how things go prior to me getting into the mix. I also asked if anyone had anything, and got ignored, so I had to get a grasp on things to help when I look back.

I’m here now, ain’t i
@fishy

Rick Dalton
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by Rick Dalton »

I’ll check out the linked stuff

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1156, Rick Dalton wrote:

I’m here now, ain’t i
@fishy
I have a thing about replacements reading. Call me crazy, but I think knowing where you come from helps determine where you're going.

Phil wasn't winning any townie of the year awards with his play, you seem content with perpetuating his efforts. This slot is just scum all the way through and Rick replaced into a slot he can't do anything with so instead of putting in the effort to read and be killed he's just going to skip reading and hope to avoid rope.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Rick Dalton
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by Rick Dalton »

Why wouldn’t I put effort into it? If anything, in that scenario, I’d put far more effort.

I can’t speak for my predecessor’s play, but I’ll be here. Look, I’m already integrated into the game. I haven’t given opinions on past stuff, but I believe it’s obvious that I have every indication on attempting to solve this game. Maybe it will come in a rather unorthodox way, but I think it’s fair to assume I’m anything but orthodox.

So you’re scum casing me saying I came into a slot I can’t do anything with, so I actively chose not to do anything?

Does this seem like that matches who I am as a player at all? What’s the point of defending here if “I can’t do anything with the slot”?

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1158, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1156, Rick Dalton wrote:

I’m here now, ain’t i
@fishy
I have a thing about replacements reading. Call me crazy, but I think knowing where you come from helps determine where you're going.

Phil wasn't winning any townie of the year awards with his play, you seem content with perpetuating his efforts. This slot is just scum all the way through and Rick replaced into a slot he can't do anything with so instead of putting in the effort to read and be killed he's just going to skip reading and hope to avoid rope.
Can't believe I am going to say this, but I agree with fish.....in regards to replacements. Know what you are getting into, at least give a skim through on people that seem to be topics of conversation.

And Fish, while I have your attention, it is clear we are not changing each other's minds and this is going in circles a bit between you and me(and to somewhat of an extent Sakura as well). If my wagon is pushed to the inevitable end there is almost nothing I can do to convince you otherwise(and, if you are town I can understand why you would wish upon my lynch......oh, I get it)

IF you are town, so.....let's pretend I am dead and gone. Gun to your head, i flip town........who would you say has either pushed my mislynch OR just in general who would you say would be most likely scum?

I just don't want this game day to be bogged down by the wagon on me and only this. Leave your votes on me if you must, but how about we discuss everyone.

For example, and apologize if possibly some of this has been addressed in the last 18 hours or so, Persivul still not giving a solid reason for his sheep, turkeys vote on Persivul, Sakura not doing much since her 'catching scum' gambit. Hmm, guess today has been mainly about me.....but I think you get my point about expanding the conversation to be solely focused ALL on me.

And Gamma, just skimmed back a bit.......if my snake remark is what tipped the scales for me being scum for you......think about that one for a smidge ok?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1160, Doctor Drew wrote:Sakura not doing much since her 'catching scum' gambit.
More importantly what do you think of Fish's reactions to the fake guilty.
What do you think of the people's reactions to the entire thing.
What do you make of GE's secret reasons to trust me.
What do you make of Sky's "ill trust my TR over the secret reasons".

I don't see you scumhunting, I see you only see fish (and persivul i guess).
So, are you?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Hey you showed back up!

I think it was pretty clear that Fish's reaction to the fake guilty is what took any doubt out of my mind he is scum.

GE's secret reason to trust you intrigues me and makes you think your play wasn't scum motivated.

As for Sky, makes total sense. If I wasnt town reading you before the 'secret reason' thing may have pinged the scumdar harder for me.

And you are correct, for better or worse I went to survival mode, I can't argue that too much heh. This is the main reason why I just made the post I made and want to further discussion not just centered on me but on how everyone is acting around me.

And honestly, thank you for engaging with me.

Pre Edit: Sorry, my opening and closing to that came off a bit dickish.....I was genuine but trying to be a bit cheeky lol.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1162, Doctor Drew wrote:Hey you showed back up!
Well yes i already finished the work i was doing "as per what was in my signature" so I have more time to play mafia.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1162, Doctor Drew wrote:I think it was pretty clear that Fish's reaction to the fake guilty is what took any doubt out of my mind he is scum.
Really? I had the opposite impression.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

But regardless, his reactions should be classified as NAI, since unless he's a newbie, scum will just argue the result "is impossible" while town will know it is, the more important factor is the way people react to it.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I want you to walk me through your entire thought process throughout the entire thing, including you having doubts and them being erased, with reasons.
If you're town and have a genuine thought process this shouldn't be much of a problem.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Ok.

Coming out of D1 Fish was my number 1 scum read, and with Thes flipping town and my read of Turkey changing towards the end of D1 he really was the only one I could say I had a solid scun read on. Then you come out firing here on D2 with what appeared to be an informed vote. I saw that my top(and as said, really only, scum read) had this potentially informed vote and voted mainly because of this, but also at the very least a little early pressure on a scum read generally reaps good results. When seeing some of your posts, including your inner monologue stuff, I doubted myself a bit about your intention and wanted to get Fish to give me more evidence that you were lying(and to clarify, that you were lying scum) and I should trust him over you. I honestly wasn't expecting much, and imo he gave me less then that. At that point I determined he was scum.

And as far as his reaction being NAI, I agree to an extent. I already had the somewhat strong scum read on him so something NAI isn't going to change my mind. And, it was a bit over the top imo......like he went from 0-60 right away with some pressure on him.

Also, was your signature something different before?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1167, Doctor Drew wrote:I doubted myself a bit about your intention and wanted to get Fish to give me more evidence that you were lying(and to clarify, that you were lying scum) and I should trust him over you.
Why would you think that if i was lying = i was scum and not = i was reaction testing / gambiting. Specially if you had such a large SR on him at that point as you say, it doesn't make sense to think that scum me is faking a result to get him lynched, much less considering it would've been a 180 from my previous read on him on D1.
In post 1167, Doctor Drew wrote:Also, was your signature something different before?
Yeah i had a message saying "Currently busy with work IRL"
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Like that's still the part that i dont get... your "doubts" dont match your scumread on him.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1169, Sakura Hana wrote:Like that's still the part that i dont get... your "doubts" dont match your scumread on him.
I have no definitive proof that Fish is scum, just strongly believe it to be so. You vote him with a strong hint it is an informed vote, then from my perspective start acting strangely, yes I am going to doubt my read a bit.

You are coming at this from 'I manipulated scum to sheep my fake vote' and I am coming at this from 'Was i just manipulated by scum to double down on my top scum read who actually may be town?'

This is why I said to fish 'to show me something' that can give me pause maybe back off my scum read of him. I didn't really think you were lying scum but I am gonna do my due diligence when something does strike me odd.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Post Edit: And maybe I am an idiot(or just drunk lol), but what do mean my doubts don't match my scum read?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

How did this game go from super active to tumbleweeds literally passing me by.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1172, Doctor Drew wrote:How did this game go from super active to tumbleweeds literally passing me by.
Well, I was kind of under the impression that the replacement was going to be catching up, so I was kinda waiting to hear what he had to say. I also dont need to yell as loudly today to get support for your lynch, seeing as you have 4 votes on you already.

I feel like we have a group of the game who hasnt been very active and we should see where they are sooner than later.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Ok, Doctor feels worse and worse here. So does Rick.
Liking Sakura more and more here. She's actively scumhunting with this gambit instead of letting it lie. Same with Formerfish.
The Turkey I'm not sure about. He pings me in a non-aggressive sort of way.
Chemist, I have no idea about. It's a legit claim I guess, but it makes me uncomfortable.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.

Return to “Completed Open Games”