Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 573, pisskop wrote:Nah, bingle is scum or dead, or both.
Interested in this though. Why the allowance for alive bingle scum? Why is that more likely than alive bingle town?
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 568, Bingle wrote:Alright, looked up slivers.

Sliver kill happens outside of the sliver thread, decide publicly. No real reason to hide slivers, since they're not confirmed to be any alignment distro and the ability is shared. Sliver doc probably happens inside of the sliver thread to prevent slivers from being taken over by a scumsliver.

Otherwise, ignore it.
I mean, mechanically speaking, we have to vote in the sliver thread for both. But we can work with town on who to make the kill on. Preferably multiple options based on how the lynch flips. I should note we're probably not able to use the night kill on other Slivers though, it's technically a factional night-kill and if I remember correctly it's usually against the rules to purposely use a factional kill on a member of your own faction. Which is probably actually why it's a factional kill and not a shared vig, thinking about it.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Bingle »

No, I mean you should target a non sliver with the sliver kill.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by pisskop »

Its smarm?

I think we're just waiting for your flip. Town Bingle plays this mechanically like scum dead jingle does, so we take the reactions you have right now and blender it later.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 577, Bingle wrote:No, I mean you should target a non sliver with the sliver kill.
we intend to.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by Bingle »

Also, unless specified by the mod you can usually factionally kill someone on your team. It's just usually a terrible idea.

I know it's actually happened before while the scumbuddy was V/LA.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by pisskop »

The idea is to prot any PRs who get outed and kill the most sus player. I also like the idea of killing obstinate lurkers.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 578, pisskop wrote:Its smarm?

I think we're just waiting for your flip. Town Bingle plays this mechanically like scum dead jingle does, so we take the reactions you have right now and blender it later.
Fair, and I would definitely be setting up a scumbuddy as scum here.

Assume the vig is real, reevaluate if Korina proves it isn't.

:shrug:

My alignment is a moo point at the moment anyway.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by pisskop »

Would be lying if I didnt think you had set me up with some associations.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by pisskop »

specifically calling me a mislynch in your cult post and then calling me scum after you were vigged.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 581, pisskop wrote:prot any PRs who get outed
very meh in an idea setup.

pick someone who is obvtown and likely to be fearkilled. PR's are questionably useful given powerful scum roles.

Remember, this setup is an arms race where cop is a weak role. Scum probably has something just as if not more scary, so PRs mean very little. Framers/GFs/etc are all reasonable, especially given choice agency.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

Just telling town that option's probably not on the table. (and I've been wondering for a while why it was a factional kill and not a shared vig, previously I thought it was because if I remember correctly there's an investigative that can tell if you have factional abilities, the not being able to purposely kill another sliver with it makes more sense, helps prevent scum from taking it over.)

Speaking of, any ideas on good shots?

p-edit
Yeah, depends on the ruleset. Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the rule I'm thinking of is just an interpretation of the 'play to your win-con' rule.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 584, pisskop wrote:specifically calling me a mislynch in your cult post and then calling me scum after you were vigged.
paranoia mislynch?

Do you... not know what that means?

It means if you're alive on D2/3 you're likely to come under suspicion as a "Why isn't this person dead yet" name. You don't want to cult people like that. You want to cult solid but unremarkable players.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 586, Rautherdir wrote:Speaking of, any ideas on good shots?
Not really. Haven't interacted enough to have solid reads.

More importantly, you guys shooting outside of the sliver hood A) makes you more likely to follow through as it affords you some protection B) makes it less likely scum in slivers can take immediate control of the hood.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 583, pisskop wrote:Would be lying if I didnt think you had set me up with some associations.
Oh, god no. If I was trying to get someone lynched off of associations there'd be a lot more nuance than this. :P
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by pisskop »

lol. thats funny because I think its the baseline for competency, and its what I expect the 'average competent' player to present. Read as: both competent, and then excluding half of that list.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:19 pm

Post by Bingle »

I remember where I know Hectic from. He was in that one night game.

Check for completed real games, overasking questions is a newbtown tell, and if he's a legitimate newb reverse that read.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 587, Bingle wrote:paranoia mislynch?
lol I mean.

Also, IDK if it was mentioned, but we do have a wincon that is entirely separate from out personal wincons. Each sliver wins if we 'control the town' and 'we do not count against any other wincon for the purposes of this'
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by pisskop »

The mod says we can either work for out own personal wincons or work for the sliver wincon.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 526, Bingle wrote:Monkey man, get back in here and talk to me.
What do you want to talk about?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:23 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 590, pisskop wrote:lol. thats funny because I think its the baseline for competency, and its what I expect the 'average competent' player to present. Read as: both competent, and then excluding half of that list.
Wifom and laying false reads is a specialty of mine as scum. If I wanted you to be lynched based on my posting, I would have slipped in some coaching on a wagon to get going after I'm dead. You'd likely be lynched off the back of that, and then the player I coached you to target would be the next lynch.

Note, now that you bring this up, I could chain 3 or 4 viable townled lynch targets. I'm unfortunately town, so there's no reason to, but c'est la vie.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 594, Almost50 wrote:
In post 526, Bingle wrote:Monkey man, get back in here and talk to me.
What do you want to talk about?
Bounce reads off of me so I can sanity check. You owe me that. :P
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

(Theoretically, we could also probably joint win with a faction if at the end of the game all remaining players are slivers of that faction. At least I see no reason that couldn't happen. But yeah, thus the reason we aren't supposed to use the nk on ourselves and the reason we really don't have to worry about scum taking us over.)
Oh yeah, I should also mention that the additional wincon wasn't a thing at game start.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 592, pisskop wrote:Also, IDK if it was mentioned, but we do have a wincon that is entirely separate from out personal wincons. Each sliver wins if we 'control the town' and 'we do not count against any other wincon for the purposes of this'
There's also the possibility of a SK sliver, who wins if all other slivers are dead.

Slivers townsiding means that town doesn't need to lynch slivers. If you're actively shooting scum you can win pretty easily just by letting yourselves endgame town collectively. As long as there aren't livescum outside of your hood, we still win.

So... Ignore the hood. Let town and slivers joint win. It's pretty easy.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Bingle »

Eh, time to feed the pets and figure out dinner. I'll be back tomorrow if I'm not dead.

Silly monkey, win this game for me please.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”