Micro 898 | Forest Fire | Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1448, PenguinPower wrote:I feel that self voting is against wincon when you are town or the only scum left.
which do you think he is
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Dunno. I have to think about it. It’s why I invited.
<(") | (")>
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by january »

i hate people who self vote there's quite literally no reason to ever self vote

this is like the one thing that's an automatic reason for me to lynch someone

i can see this likely flipping town but now i'm obligated to vote him
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by january »

working on the penguin case btw

just been distracted today, promise i'll do it soon enough
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 1452, january wrote:i hate people who self vote there's quite literally no reason to ever self vote
oh. uh. don't read my prior games.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by eth0s »

Banakai are you american?
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1452, january wrote:i can see this likely flipping town but now i'm obligated to vote him
january I am somewhat paranoid about your slot and honestly it's because you don't really have any scum reads

which is like mildly hypocritical of me but I'm also kinda waiting around for you to remedy that problem before the day ends
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.09

LynchingWith 7 votes in play, it takes 4 to lynch.

Banakai
(2): Pyrrha Nikos, Banakai

Not Voting
(5): Blatant Scum, january, Dannflor, PenguinPower, Gamma Emerald

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-12-10 09:00:00).

Mod notes:
Plotinus is V/LA until Saturday evening. the worst is our backup mod

Gamma Emerald is V/LA until the 1st.

Prod timer is on weekend mode until the end of Sunday.[/area]
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1448, PenguinPower wrote:I feel that self voting is against wincon when you are town or the only scum left.
Idk it could be trying a gambit as scum thinking he’s effectively read the room
Like the timing seems ripe for that burst of AtE
Plus he only does it when it doesn’t hammer him
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1452, january wrote:i hate people who self vote there's quite literally no reason to ever self vote

Do it then
And like there can be reason to self vote
I have self hammered a few times as town to avoid deadline no lynch or just take myself off the table
I won’t say it was the best idea but I don’t feel like I need to apologize for it
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:41 pm

Post by january »

In post 1456, Dannflor wrote:january I am somewhat paranoid about your slot and honestly it's because you don't really have any scum reads
that's fair but i usually never have scumreads, only townreads and non-townreads

and i do think everyone HAS had a few towny posts which is kinda why im struggling

but....
here's my penguin case (sorry it's long, tldr is at the bottom)
Spoiler:
spends first 20-ish posts with one-liners (mostly NAI at this point, just a different style of play)
In post 231, PenguinPower wrote:I townread you, Dann.
this is the first read he has and it's not really justified or explained. that'd be fine normally especially since dann WAS towny. but i still feel like up to this point penguin's been extremely low-energy
same applies past this point too, but i think the general thing that stands out to me is penguin's reactive-ness. majority of posts are like 1 or 2 sentences reaction to other people's posts or gifs (love the gifs btw, just don't think they're particularly towny)
In post 1291, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Last Night Tomorrow
i feel like penguin's reads this game lacked reasoning behind them. wasn't sure if this was just a habit of play, or an actual scum play. i compared it to the game pyrrha mentioned (viewtopic.php?f=56&t=78060) and i think he actually does give justifications for why he's trying to lynch people in that game.
basically: penguin's reads are phrased as very strong reads but i feel like if town!penguin genuinely wanted a scumread to be lynched, he'd be giving reasons and actually trying to convince people

from what i can tell, is the only real reasoning that penguin has made for a read/lynch

oh and i realize that my read on eth0s is quite different than the majority of people's read, but i think penguin's push on him can be read as pushing a scummy player without genuinely attempting to classify them. the stuff he used as reasoning for the FOS were things like "eth0s didn't read and asked a question i already answered" ([post=#p11364905]426[/post]) which generally might appear scummy but isn't really a reason to sort someone as scum.
essentially: eth0s was lynchbait (sry) and i don't think penguin was un-confident enough on that push to be town

if you don't agree w that last paragraph its ok i kinda disagree with myself a little. but tell me what you think on the rest pls.

tldr; penguin isn't genuinely trying to convince people to vote his scumreads which i think is unusual as town who seems to be presenting their own reads as very strong
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Post by january »

In post 1459, Gamma Emerald wrote:

And like there can be reason to self vote
I have self hammered a few times as town to avoid deadline no lynch or just take myself off the table
i exaggerated. but i still don't think he has a good reason here as town and the only reason that makes sense is it's a very badly constructed scum bluff thing (idk what it's called)
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by january »

In post 1460, january wrote:
In post 1456, Dannflor wrote:january I am somewhat paranoid about your slot and honestly it's because you don't really have any scum reads
that's fair but i usually never have scumreads, only townreads and non-townreads

and i do think everyone HAS had a few towny posts which is kinda why im struggling

but....
here's my penguin case (sorry it's long, tldr is at the bottom)
Spoiler:
spends first 20-ish posts with one-liners (mostly NAI at this point, just a different style of play)
In post 231, PenguinPower wrote:I townread you, Dann.
this is the first read he has and it's not really justified or explained. that'd be fine normally especially since dann WAS towny. but i still feel like up to this point penguin's been extremely low-energy
same applies past this point too, but i think the general thing that stands out to me is penguin's reactive-ness. majority of posts are like 1 or 2 sentences reaction to other people's posts or gifs (love the gifs btw, just don't think they're particularly towny)
In post 1291, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Last Night Tomorrow
i feel like penguin's reads this game lacked reasoning behind them. wasn't sure if this was just a habit of play, or an actual scum play. i compared it to the game pyrrha mentioned (viewtopic.php?f=56&t=78060) and i think he actually does give justifications for why he's trying to lynch people in that game.
basically: penguin's reads are phrased as very strong reads but i feel like if town!penguin genuinely wanted a scumread to be lynched, he'd be giving reasons and actually trying to convince people

from what i can tell, is the only real reasoning that penguin has made for a read/lynch

oh and i realize that my read on eth0s is quite different than the majority of people's read, but i think penguin's push on him can be read as pushing a scummy player without genuinely attempting to classify them. the stuff he used as reasoning for the FOS were things like "eth0s didn't read and asked a question i already answered" () which generally might appear scummy but isn't really a reason to sort someone as scum.
essentially: eth0s was lynchbait (sry) and i don't think penguin was un-confident enough on that push to be town

if you don't agree w that last paragraph its ok i kinda disagree with myself a little. but tell me what you think on the rest pls.

tldr; penguin isn't genuinely trying to convince people to vote his scumreads. i think this is unusual since he's presenting his reads as strong reads. as town with strong reads he'd be trying to convince people more
edited some dumb formatting thing and the tldr that was written in gibberish

apologies if it's somewhat incoherent, was kinda just noting things as i read so the thought progression kinda... progresses throughout the post
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by january »

anyways upon reread i really really do not see any posts that justify the strong townread that everyone has on him

the only reasoning that i would use (and have been using until recently) to townread penguin was the apparent townslip about daytalk
but that's not really as strong as i thought it was anymore
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:24 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1446, Banakai wrote:ok so for the questions I've been asked:

I didn't respond to sheep's scum read on me because I felt it didn't matter. I'd already expressed I thought he was bad town and so his read was bad and wasn't worth acknowledging.

Why didn't I post when sheep was getting lynched? Well again, I wasn't around for most of it. When I was around, I felt that sheep wasn't actually going to get lynched. I had given my reads and none of them really changed. Also I don't feel like it's worth arguing against most of the town thinking someone's scum. I don't know for certain sheep was town. It's just my intuition, which very clearly is often wrong.

VOTE: banakai just lynch me. Sorry for not following everyone else's consensus. When I die maybe y'all will listen. oh wait actually
you wont cause you'll say i was bad town
Are you now acknowledging that your read on me is bad?
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:25 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

There are no other possibilities. :lol:
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:33 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

I didn't respond to sheep's scum read on me because I felt it didn't matter. I'd already expressed I thought he was bad town and so his read was bad and wasn't worth acknowledging.

Why didn't I post when sheep was getting lynched? Well again, I wasn't around for most of it. When I was around, I felt that sheep wasn't actually going to get lynched. I had given my reads and none of them really changed. Also I don't feel like it's worth arguing against most of the town thinking someone's scum. I don't know for certain sheep was town. It's just my intuition, which very clearly is often wrong.

VOTE: banakai just lynch me. Sorry for not following everyone else's consensus. When I die maybe y'all will listen. oh wait actually you wont cause you'll say i was bad town
My issue with a lot of his posts, is he keeps saying things that sound contradictory. Like, “people will listen” once he’s flipped - clearly implying that he’s correct on my being scum, then his comment about people calling him “bad town”, implies that he’s wrong on me.

Because if he was right, no one would be calling him bad town for that. This post says to me that he is acknowledging trying to push a mislynch on me. If he really thought I was scum, he wouldn’t then make that comment about people calling him “bad town”. Therefore I view his comment about people listening to him when he flips as disingenuous.

The thing is, if he really is “bad town” here and not scum, where is the self-awareness of that? I really don’t see any. It does definitely seem to me that he doesn’t honestly believe in his sr on me.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:25 pm

Post by Blatant Scum »

How likely do you think he will flip town?
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:38 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

If Banaki really isn’t scum here, then someone has been playing me pretty good but I really really don’t think that. I think game ends with Banaki flip and I’m not tr the self vote here.

Why no comment from him about the merits or lack there of of my case?

Why not, “if I’m wrong about Pyrrha, it could be X”? type of thing.

Just pretty much an admission of defeat, looks like.

He can’t both be right about me and be bad town, so once again, more contradictory statements.

This post is typical of his entire ISO, lazy contradictory thoughts, unlikely to come from a town mindset.

But his complete non-engagement with sheep like Dann pointed out and his being frozen during sheep lynch, make me feel pretty confident here.

This doesn’t really read to me as frustrated outraged town self-voting but caught scum, either trying a last minute gambit or throwing in the towel.

Because he clearly doesn’t believe what he’s selling.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:46 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1458, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Idk it could be trying a gambit as scum thinking he’s effectively read the room
Like the timing seems ripe for that burst of AtE
Plus he only does it when it doesn’t hammer him
That’s right, because he put himself at L-1 and he likely logically deduces that people would unvote and it wasn’t at L-1 anymore, since Dann unvoted.

But I sr it because he said
both
- people will listen when he flips and that they will call him BAD town. No one calls you that if you’re right, so this is an admission that he’s not been honest about his sr on me.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1408, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 1088, Banakai wrote:hi im still here

honestly I don't know what to say -(-_-)-
This is not a town post. He’s frozen.
In post 1464, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:

Why didn't I post when sheep was getting lynched? Well again, I wasn't around for most of it. When I was around, I felt that sheep wasn't actually going to get lynched. I had given my reads and none of them really changed. Also I don't feel like it's worth arguing against most of the town thinking someone's scum. I don't know for certain sheep was town.
It's just my intuition, which very clearly is often wrong

VOTE: banakai just lynch me. Sorry for not following everyone else's consensus.
When I die maybe y'all will listen
. oh wait actually
you wont cause you'll say i was bad town
Are you now acknowledging that your read on me is bad?
Again, he just admitted he was wrong on sheep, so why are we supposed to “listen” to his read on me?

I think this is scum AtEing as a last resort. No further comment about his reads at all. when he seemed to be so confident on scum!me earlier. I’m having real trouble thinking any of this ever comes from town.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1468, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:If Banaki really isn’t scum here, then someone has been playing me pretty good but I really really don’t think that.
I mean, not to be rude, but you did have sheep as a townlock for a fairly large portion of the game. Is this so impossible?

Who do you think it is if it doesn't end up being Banakai?
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1471, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1468, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:If Banaki really isn’t scum here, then someone has been playing me pretty good but I really really don’t think that.
I mean, not to be rude, but you did have sheep as a townlock for a fairly large portion of the game. Is this so impossible?

Who do you think it is if it doesn't end up being Banakai?
I didn’t have him as a townlock. He was in my townblock but that doesn’t mean he was a lock, however that was true for Gamma, so I’m not sure what your point is?

Sure, it’s definitely possible. Any guesses as to who’s been playing me, in the extremely unlikely chance Banaki is town?
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:52 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In any rate, I don’t think anyone else has currently as much scum equity as Banaki, so he should still be today’s lynch.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1472, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Any guesses as to who’s been playing me, in the extremely unlikely chance Banaki is town?
That was my question to you

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”