Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:00 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 749, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 747, Salamence20 wrote:Because those votes are going to be important in deciding who gets lynched.
Oh gotcha.

Ngl I was afraid you were trying to call me a lurker :lol:
Wait, hold the phone. Why texcat? She's already on GL.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:25 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 422, texcat wrote:Mostly caught up finally.

VOTE: GuiltyLion
I didn't like the way he sheeped Salamance onto the Datisi vote. I don't like the way he switched over to Aaron.
In the case of texcat, we need more info and the vote from him was from forever ago.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:09 am

Post by Amrun »

Just warning all my games: I have a stomach virus and it’s sapping me of all energy to be productive.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:41 am

Post by texcat »

In post 751, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 422, texcat wrote:Mostly caught up finally.

VOTE: GuiltyLion
I didn't like the way he sheeped Salamance onto the Datisi vote. I don't like the way he switched over to Aaron.
In the case of texcat, we need more info and the vote from him was from forever ago.
I don't see any reason to move my vote.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Datisi »

Texcat, how come you haven't posted anything in almost two days, but you posted about an hour after of someone calling you out? And just to defend yourself?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:01 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 695, GuiltyLion wrote:first off - I see this happen a lot in mafia games. Someone acts scummy (regardless of their alignment), someone relatively town leader-esque presents a case, and a whole bunch of people town or scum jump on because the slot looks scummy.

That doesn't mean the suspicious slot is suddenly town now. You all are just assuming Amrun is town because a wagon sprung up. Good wagons can go fast especially if townies are mind-melding. I strongly disagree that wagon speed is ever indicative of alignment and if anything I think scum are often afraid to sheep onto fast mislynch wagons because they know it's a mislynch.

Then, you say, "there is no counter wagon!". What just happened on the last 4 pages should make it pretty clear that
I am now the counterwagon

Finally, I don't just hop on that wagon as scum. Like, let's make a similar argument S_S was making earlier in the game. If I, as town, always have novel and detailed and well-founded reasons to vote someone, why would I not make an effort to recreate those as scum? Do you really think scum!me is so blasé and arguably
stupid
to talk about how I think alimdia odds of scum are >> than Amrun odds of scum yet still vote the leading clear wagon?

I already explained that I was townreading the people on the Amrun wagon and that it's far more useful to join game-advancing wagons than to vanity vote in a game with a large number of players. I'm not townreading Amrun and so I feel comfortable voting for her. I'm not gonna pretend like I've got some cool new insightful scumtell that provides me with An Original Reason To Vote This Wagon when I don't have one, I just liked the case Menalque was making, didn't scumread anybody on the wagon, and felt it would be a good vote.
When did I ever assume Amrun is town? True, she's not my top scumread anymore but the wagon speed/composition has nothing to do with it, it was mostly her response to the wagon that made me less confident in her being scum. And yes I fully acknowledge that she could still be scum and have not indicated otherwise. However, I like my vote on you more right now.

There was no counterwagon at the time until I switched my vote.

I'm not saying you have to have this new insightful take that no one has ever said before, that's pretty unrealistic. But to specifically say 'I'm confident that alim is gonna flip scum' followed by the out of nowhere vote on Amrun raises my alarm. We had a few days left in the deadline at that point and plenty of time to start another wagon if you were less sure on Amrun. Hell, that's basically what I just did.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:03 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 696, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 586, AaronFrost wrote:If he's townreading everyone on the wagon, then how is there good odds of scum on it from his point of view?

PEDIT: Really seems like he cares how he looks in that post. Like I feel like as town no matter what you should go for your strongest scumreads.
there's two or three days left in this game and I know I don't have the pull right now to convince 7 other people to vote alimdia with me.

Also, I said it was good odds Amrun is scum, not that there are good odds of scum on it.
Okay I misread that part then so that's my bad.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:04 am

Post by DrDolittle »

VOTE: amrun
sorry
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:05 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 757, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: amrun
sorry

Why are you apologizing?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:06 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 722, Menalque wrote:it is also pinging me in a bad way that amrun wagon jumped up to like 5 votes within like 5 minutes of me starting it whereas I've been suggesting ddl is scum for like a day and yet there's no play on that wagon whatsoever, despite multiple people saying that they'd compromise there or expressing doubts around his slot
I don't think players like DDL or texcat are good Day 1 lynches. I don't think lynching them would give us a good idea of where other players stand whereas lynching someone else would give us a good idea where they stand.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:07 am

Post by DrDolittle »

like you're the reason why i /in'd and im hating myself for voting you, but i think there's high probability you're scum since the threshold for town you is a bit higher, and you have not met it
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:08 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 729, Iconeum wrote:
In post 579, AaronFrost wrote:UNVOTE:

Don't really want to do Amrun anymore. I think this is a better vote for today.

VOTE: Guilty Lion

His hop on the Amrun wagon was gross and I agree lack of a counterwagon is unsettling.
Have you seen Amrun's voting? And you don't think it's at least equally gross?
Eh her hop on me was bad yes but I liked her response to the wagon. I'm not like townreading her or anything now but I don't feel as confident in my original scumread.

I disagree that Amrun should always be the lynch today.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:09 am

Threshold of what?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 760, DrDolittle wrote:like you're the reason why i /in'd and im hating myself for voting you, but i think there's high probability you're scum since the threshold for town you is a bit higher, and you have not met it

I’m the reason you inned? Seriously?

Well if you’re town, you’re wrong, but sadly not confident on that either.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:13 am

Post by DrDolittle »

@SS threshold of how town a player has to look before i call them town

@Amrun Yeah, so I really hope I'm right.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:25 am

In post 764, DrDolittle wrote:@SS threshold of how town a player has to look before i call them town
Does that mean that you start the game scumreading everybody?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Menalque »

I’ll be getting to this more tonight, I’ve been busy elsewhere
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 759, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 722, Menalque wrote:it is also pinging me in a bad way that amrun wagon jumped up to like 5 votes within like 5 minutes of me starting it whereas I've been suggesting ddl is scum for like a day and yet there's no play on that wagon whatsoever, despite multiple people saying that they'd compromise there or expressing doubts around his slot
I don't think players like DDL or texcat are good Day 1 lynches. I don't think lynching them would give us a good idea of where other players stand whereas lynching someone else would give us a good idea where they stand.
I’ll say quickly that I disagree with this tho: ddl may not have been as active as amrun or GL but that doesn’t mean that he’s inherently less informative

Regardless of who it is the positioning of people around gives info, but info value is not as good as actually lynching scum

If ddl is the player most likely to flip scum (I think he is) then he’s a good lynch even if he’s not ss spewy as amrun/GL would be regardless of their alignments
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:43 am

Post by Menalque »

Like I’ll case ddl later but for now it’s worth noting that he’s got 45 posts in which he’s fine basically nothing
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:43 am

Post by Menalque »

Done*
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:59 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.5

amrun [5] - Datisi, Iconeum, GuiltyLion, Creature, DrDolittle
GuiltyLion [6] - texcat, Amrun, AaronFrost, Salamence20, Dogwatch, alimdia
DrDolittle [1] - Menalque

Not Voting [2]
- Something_Smart, Pretentious

With 14 alive it takes 8 votes to be chosen.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2019-12-11 13:35:31)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:16 am

Post by Salamence20 »

I dont think youre going to have time menal
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:22 am

Normally I like it when there are two competing wagons close to deadline, because it's interesting and there's a lot to read into both in the moment and afterward.

I don't like it this time, though, because pretty much nobody on either wagon has actually given a good reason for their vote.

Like here we are, probably most people are taking it for granted that no lynch outside of {Amrun, GL} is possible, and yet all I can recall about why Amrun is being wagoned is one post she made about Aaron and I can't recall anything about why GL is being wagoned.

This is concerning.

For the record I think Menalque adamantly pushing a third option is towny especially if Amrun/GL do end up being different alignments.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:31 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Pretty sure the amrun wagon has had reasons why (mostly menal and sheepy, oh well).

GL is made just for a counterwagon.

You also have to add the fact that a good chunk of this playerlist isnt playing.

You know what fuck this, Im doing things.

VOTE: Creature

Theres people here that have been scumreading the dude for awhile now, heres your chance to put your money where your mouth is. The guy started good and now hes just gone. Thats a bigger cause for concern compared to Datisi/Icon.

We dont have time for this I admit, so if this is wrong i will move back to GL before deadline
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:44 am

I'll go for it.

Was considering Iconeum because feels more agenda-motivated every time I read it, but I don't know if it would be that on the nose about trying to push through a mislynch as scum. It actually probably looks worse if Amrun flips scum because those bad optics are no longer an issue.

But it's been the better part of the day and I have yet to be impressed by Creature.

VOTE: Creature

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”