DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:45 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 765, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 764, DrDolittle wrote:@SS threshold of how town a player has to look before i call them town
Does that mean that you start the game scumreading everybody?
i dont know what you are trying to bait out here nor how its relevant but this question is scummy.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:46 am

Post by DrDolittle »

its funny because im above median in post count
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:46 am

Post by texcat »

In post 754, Datisi wrote:Texcat, how come you haven't posted anything in almost two days, but you posted about an hour after of someone calling you out? And just to defend yourself?
Defend myself? What are you talking about?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:51 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 775, DrDolittle wrote:i dont know what you are trying to bait out here nor how its relevant but this question is scummy.
I'm trying to understand your scumhunting method, because it doesn't make sense to me right now. You implied that you townread someone once they post enough towny content, and you scumread Amrun because she had not yet posted that content.

To me, that seems to imply that if someone hasn't posted much, that would lead you to scumread them even if their lack of posting is obviously not alignment related.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:07 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 775, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 765, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 764, DrDolittle wrote:@SS threshold of how town a player has to look before i call them town
Does that mean that you start the game scumreading everybody?
i dont know what you are trying to bait out here nor how its relevant but this question is scummy.
Idk, I think the mindset would actually be interesting.

Everyone is scum until they prove otherwise is a method.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:09 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 777, texcat wrote:
In post 754, Datisi wrote:Texcat, how come you haven't posted anything in almost two days, but you posted about an hour after of someone calling you out? And just to defend yourself?
Can you give me some reads?

If no, give me proof that youre actually playing this game other than Amrun is scum
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:12 am

Post by Datisi »

You didn't post anything for almost 2 days, but almost as soon as someone mentioned that they'd like more info from you, you appear
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:12 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Texcat has 10 posts.
Fakegod has 10 posts.

Hmmmmm
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:47 am

Post by texcat »

In post 780, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 777, texcat wrote:
Can you give me some reads?

If no, give me proof that youre actually playing this game other than Amrun is scum
I don't think Amrun is scum. I think GL is scum. And I think that the Amrun wagon is lingering on because it's the counterwagon to the scum!GL wagon.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:51 am

Why do you think GL is scum?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Why do you think Amrun is not scum?

How about anything involving the other 11 players?

Is DDL town or scum due to what Menal said earlier?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:23 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

The only reason people are scumreading me is because I called out alimdia while hopping on the Amrun wagon. I've given my explanation for this - even though I had a stronger read on Alimdia, I didn't think that wagon would go, I thought furthering the Amrun wagon would be more useful for the game state, and I wasn't townreading Amrun and felt it was also a good vote. You can disagree with one or all of these reasons but those remain my motivations and I think they're entirely justifiable from a town mindset.

So if people are still scumreading me after that that's their prerogative, but it feels quite tunnel-y and shortsighted IMO. Notice how texcat has no proactive commentary about Amrun until pressured/forced to give it. If she were townreading Amrun, why not say that earlier when the wagon was in full force?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:26 am

Post by texcat »

As I said when I voted him, I didn't like post where he voted Datisi for pointing out that there were 3 scum. I originally thought this was just a RVS vote, but GL spent some time defending it as a serious vote. So it wasn't the actual vote that looked scummy to me, it was the way he continued to defend it as serious.

I think Amrun is town mostly based on the wagons. If GL were to flip town at some point, I'd definitely revisit Amrun.

DDL is pretty well stuck in the null column for me. I think he voted me at some point, so just my omgus instinct would move him over to slightly scummy. He's made more posts than I have, but has said less. ;-)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Being honest I haven't really looked at Creature much since I got some slight town vibes from his early game but it's true he's dropped off a lot since then. I think he's less towny than Doolittle and Menalque I'm willing to hear your case there but I feel you're off on that one.

@Creature
In post 509, Creature wrote:I think texcat is town
So is GuiltyLiar and Saladance
Why the texcat townread?
In post 559, Creature wrote:
In post 545, DrDolittle wrote:Creature come back and tell them I play like dogshit as town
You're usually visibly town as town
What's your read on Doolittle?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:30 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 787, texcat wrote:So it wasn't the actual vote that looked scummy to me, it was the way he continued to defend it as serious.
Do you understand my reasoning though? I think Menalque's post was a townslip or at worst ++town-indicative. I felt it was awkward that Datisi didn't comment on that. That's not to say "omg Datisi is scum" (I have since completely reversed and find Datisi strong town now) but it's good enough for a serious early game vote.

Why is any of that reasoning scummy? Why is me giving that explanation and then defending it something that is more likely to come from scum than town?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Amrun »

Ugh, don’t like texcat’s stance on me - if GL is indeed town, feels like lining up mislynches.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:38 am

In post 787, texcat wrote:So it wasn't the actual vote that looked scummy to me, it was the way he continued to defend it as serious.
Why do you think he would be more likely to defend it like that as scum?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Creature
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 787, texcat wrote:I think Amrun is town mostly based on the wagons. If GL were to flip town at some point, I'd definitely revisit Amrun.
and yes this is potentially lining up mislynches and regardless of alignment it's illogical circular reasoning

"Amrun's wagon happened fast, there's probably scum on it. I like GL the least and have another reason for scumreading him, so he's likely scum".
"GL is scummy, voted Amrun, and is the counter-wagon to Amrun, so she's probably town"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:42 am

In post 790, Amrun wrote:Ugh, don’t like texcat’s stance on me - if GL is indeed town, feels like lining up mislynches.
But on the other hand if GL is lynched and flips town your lynch has basically lined itself up. It's not as though that sentiment expressed by texcat is unexpected; she's just the first to say it out loud.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Datisi »

Is there really no other reasoning you've kept your vote on GL, @texcat? Nothing else from him you find AI one way or the other?

VOTE: Creature

I don't wanna flip GL. I'm still okay going back to Amrun if possible, but I'm definitely not impressed by Creature so far either.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:45 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think if I'm lynched Amrun should not be lynched for at least a few days and the first lynch should be between the people who aren't commenting on any of the D1 shit. texcat is bad but alimdia remains worse.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:46 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 735, alimdia wrote:Please, people stop saying 'if I was scum I would do this. I didn't therefore I am town'.... Also SS's argument is shit btw, but lets not get into that again...
Finally... your spot , the counter wagon spot, what are you thinking of the people on it now? after this...

VOTE: GuilityLion

I am slightly skeptical though, because DW and texcat are both on this wagon.
like I want everyone who was suspicious of my Amrun vote (DogWatch, AaronFrost, tex, etc) as "likely scum on the Amrun wagon" to just... look at this. Just look at it. Assume that I'm town for a second and read this and tell me what you think.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 794, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 790, Amrun wrote:Ugh, don’t like texcat’s stance on me - if GL is indeed town, feels like lining up mislynches.
But on the other hand if GL is lynched and flips town your lynch has basically lined itself up. It's not as though that sentiment expressed by texcat is unexpected; she's just the first to say it out loud.
A) that would be after we had an actual GL flip that was town, with real information

B) texcat avoided giving a read at all so they don’t look bad either way

It’s gross.

@GL: yeah alimdiah’s vote there isn’t fantastic
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:54 am

Post by DogWatch »

My problem right now is that my two top scum reads don't make much sense together. GL and Creature BOTH being scum seems really unlikely considering how fast they jumped the amrun wagon one after the other, and I know they're both better players than to do something that sloppy and obvious if the efforts were scum-coordinated.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”