Newbie 1968 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 2.04
Gyro Zeppeli (3) -
the worst, JacksonVirgo, PvtUrist
Gjt (1) -
Gyro Zeppeli
JacksonVirgo (1) -
Thomth

Not Voting (2) -
Alexcellent, Gjt

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2019-12-11 15:45:00).

Prodding Alexcellent.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Alexcellent »

This is my first chance not phone posting in a while. I'm skimming some ISOs and getting caught up.

I've been flip-flopping on Gyro a lot but ultimately I'm feeling he's probably town and maybe kind of lynchbait? He's contributed (very slightly) more on D2 by actually posting some reads and thoughts, but his behaviour is still pretty consistent with D1:
In post 288, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:VOTE: faustiv

Super sus replace out and voted me instantly
In post 623, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Shut up bro, ur legit one of my voters
His defensiveness doesn't come off as scum defensiveness to me and more as frustrated town. There's only one thing that makes me pause a bit with him and that was his Thomth vote on D1 coming right after I unvoted him, and then him completely avoiding any kind of Ojoi vote and being very vocal in their Ojoi town read. What's that mean? Either he's town who happened to town read a townie, or he's scum not wanting to be on a town wagon. Imma just Occam's Razor it for now and say that Gyro is probably just town? There's just something rubbing me the wrong way about a Gyro lynch today. I'm happy for someone to try and convince me otherwise though.

I also think Thomth is town. Or he is outplaying me hard.
In post 495, Thomth wrote:Well on page 1 Urist mentions the term "multiball" which on the wiki ks described as a type of game of mafia with more then one informed minority. However this is a newb game, and someone has said that all of Urists posts should not be taken seriously.

More or less I feel this is not multiball given those two points.
I just can't fathom Thomth being scum and posting this and acting the way he is. Unless this is an amazing example of scum playing dumb, I can't see how scum!Thomth carries that random multi-ball comment this far into the game.

JV and TW feel pretty genuinely town in their input, I have a hard time buying either of them as scum. Think Thomth is town as well.
Gyro I think is anti-town. Urist I haven't really sorted and I just feel null every time I look at his posts, but POI would say that he's probably scum? But I should probably do a deeper dive here. I'm just not getting a lot that's strongly alignment indicative. I feel more comfortable with a GJT lynch tbh.
In post 471, Gjt wrote:Been thinking it over, don't wanna run round in circles. It's only that one comment for me with Gyro, I'd rather push the worst. Regardless of flip them and Urist can be reviewed tomorrow. Still very sure there is a scum vote on the Faustiv wagon

VOTE: Ojoi
I just can't let this one go. I keep looking at it and I don't like it. It's this post that's like "I'm leaving all these other options open" and it feels like he's not expecting a scum flip "Regardless of flip". And this explanation:
In post 477, Gjt wrote:
In post 295, ojoi wrote:do yall think there's the possibility that faustiv is vanilla town? if they had an interesting role with actions and stuff they'd probs stick around for more, but being vanilla town is just sort of disinteresting and not worth their time
Because of this, wasn't sitting well with me, it just seemed scummy all round to me and I didn't wanna go round in another circle with another replacement. Unfortunately I was wrong, was just a silly post to make whether they were Town or Scum at the time. I wasn't dissapointed when I thought they were already lynched so went with it
It's so lame. We don't know that Ojoi would have been replaced. There was literally no harm in at least pushing for a claim. I'm trying to buy it, but I can't.

VOTE: GJT
Thomth
Thomth
Goon
Thomth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:23 am

Post by Thomth »

I don't feel Gjt hammering ojoi D1 is all that AI. Chances of town correctly identifying scum is fairly low especially if scum is playing well. Also it was starting to slow down quite alot, like it is now.

I don't really understand your reasoning behind voting Uncrowned D1 either. You were questioning why they did not want a Gyro lynch D1 but I don't understand how that leads to a vote.

Are you voting for Gjt because you think they are scum or because you did not like the ojoi lynch? 4 others voted for ojoi why Gjt and not them?
Gjt
Gjt
Goon
Gjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:55 am

Post by Gjt »

In post 652, Thomth wrote:Are you voting for Gjt because you think they are scum or because you did not like the ojoi lynch? 4 others voted for ojoi why Gjt and not them?
Hammering makes you Scum in almost everyones eyes, I believe we are all guilty of it which is why no one likes doing it. If you Hammer and they flip Town it's a Scummy Move. If you hammer and they flip Scum it means you only hammered to cover tracks and look like Town.

It's an over thought process which almost all are guilty of Hammering means you Scum. :facepalm:
Thomth
Thomth
Goon
Thomth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:07 am

Post by Thomth »

Alex is being very low key with his votes then, I like his playstyle.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:09 am

Post by the worst »

VOTE: Gjt
Gjt
Gjt
Goon
Gjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Gjt »

In post 655, the worst wrote:VOTE: Gjt

Reason
Gjt
Gjt
Goon
Gjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Gjt »

VOTE: Gyro

I see his Scum buddy just moved off of him.

Scum is Gyro and The Worst very certain of it
Gyro Zeppeli
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

Ahahaha good meme
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:43 am

Post by the worst »

Why have you held your vote so long Gjt
Gjt
Gjt
Goon
Gjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:57 am

Post by Gjt »

I told you why, wanted to route out the Scum Team, why did you remove yours? Its obvious why really. Had a feeling from the start and should have just stuck with my gut yesterday.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:34 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Gjt isn't the lynch for today
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:58 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 652, Thomth wrote:I don't feel Gjt hammering ojoi D1 is all that AI. Chances of town correctly identifying scum is fairly low especially if scum is playing well. Also it was starting to slow down quite alot, like it is now.

I don't really understand your reasoning behind voting Uncrowned D1 either. You were questioning why they did not want a Gyro lynch D1 but I don't understand how that leads to a vote.

Are you voting for Gjt because you think they are scum or because you did not like the ojoi lynch? 4 others voted for ojoi why Gjt and not them?
I wasn't a fan of Uncrowned hard defending Gyro and trying to talk down any wagons on him so quickly. It just struck me as off. Turned out Uncrowned was town though. I also really didn't use my D1 vote very well.

GJT's hammer feels more scum-motivated to me than town-motivated and I don't buy his reasoning. I strongly doubt 5 townies were on that wagon and GJT looks the most suspect of those votes.
In post 653, Gjt wrote:
In post 652, Thomth wrote:Are you voting for Gjt because you think they are scum or because you did not like the ojoi lynch? 4 others voted for ojoi why Gjt and not them?
Hammering makes you Scum in almost everyones eyes, I believe we are all guilty of it which is why no one likes doing it. If you Hammer and they flip Town it's a Scummy Move. If you hammer and they flip Scum it means you only hammered to cover tracks and look like Town.

It's an over thought process which almost all are guilty of Hammering means you Scum. :facepalm:
It's not because you hammered but because you hammered without making any attempt to get a claim.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:59 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 661, JacksonVirgo wrote:Gjt isn't the lynch for today
Why Gyro over GJT?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 657, Gjt wrote:VOTE: Gyro

I see his Scum buddy just moved off of him.

Scum is Gyro and The Worst very certain of it
In post 660, Gjt wrote:I told you why, wanted to route out the Scum Team, why did you remove yours? Its obvious why really. Had a feeling from the start and should have just stuck with my gut yesterday.
Gross
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Because Gyro's meta this game seems way cockier than their usual meta. There's no way I want Gyro living anywhere close to MyLo/LyLo

wiki // GTKAS
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Do you think cockiness is a scum trait or town trait?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 666, Alexcellent wrote:Do you think cockiness is a scum trait or town trait?
Generalized it's neither, but their usual town meta is nothing like this game at all.

wiki // GTKAS
Gjt
Gjt
Goon
Gjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by Gjt »

In post 662, Alexcellent wrote:It's not because you hammered but because you hammered without making any attempt to get a claim

We were never gonna get a claim, I thought their play was scummy and I didn't want to go round in circles again with a replacement. I was wrong, but from their play yes I would do it again in the same situation. I thought I had hit Scum. I over looked Gyros "I got a town read on Ojoi" once we thought there was already a lynch. Of course he had a town read, he town read him because Gyro is Scum. I believe the worst is his Scum buddy too
Gjt
Gjt
Goon
Gjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by Gjt »

In post 663, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 661, JacksonVirgo wrote:Gjt isn't the lynch for today
Why Gyro over GJT?
Make the right choice, let's lynch Gyro, I'm certain we will be in a much better position next Day Phase
Gjt
Gjt
Goon
Gjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by Gjt »

In post 77, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Then can’t scum just claim scum because people wont think their scum because that’s against the rules ?
Was referring to self as Scum early on, nice ploy to divert attention why would Scum say they Scum, oh right because they are
In post 351, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:I dont see worst as scum at all, he seems like a helpful duck[/quote

In post 527, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Alexcellent (SE) - probably townie but then again idk SE players are probably smarter than us so i expect them to be better scum
the worst (SE) - possible scum possible townie depending if hes trying hard as a mafia disguised as town or not

I think Gjt and an SE are scum
Flipping opinion on the worst in the same sentence, just looks very suspicious to me, I still think they are both Scum
In post 547, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Has Urist even posted recently? Oh i see Pvpurist.

He might actually be my 2nd mafia tell because of his act, i feel like it isnt out of realm of possibility that one mafia says im town and the other goes against me so then if 1 ends being scum the other looks ‘good’, you get me?

Urist/another SE leaning urist now and Gjt are my maf picks
Changed to PvtUrist, convinced and SE is Scum doesn't mention PvtUrist previously, maybe this one is to divert attention away from the worst
In post 621, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Because people like sheeping on a safe policy lynch like me :)))
Only Gyro has referenced themselve as a Policy Lynch. Starting to see why, hes offered it to us from the beginning, time to call his bluff
Gjt
Gjt
Goon
Gjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by Gjt »

I didn't format my previous post very well, read between the quotes
Thomth
Thomth
Goon
Thomth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Thomth »

In post 547, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Has Urist even posted recently? Oh i see Pvpurist.

He might actually be my 2nd mafia tell because of his act, i feel like it isnt out of realm of possibility that one mafia says im town and the other goes against me so then if 1 ends being scum the other looks ‘good’, you get me?

ISO on gyro and gjt hasn't really convinced me on either yet but I did like the hypothetical scum play.
Thomth
Thomth
Goon
Thomth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Thomth »

In post 651, Alexcellent wrote: I've been flip-flopping on Gyro a lot but ultimately I'm feeling he's probably town and maybe kind of lynchbait? He's contributed (very slightly) more on D2 by actually posting some reads and thoughts, but his behaviour is still pretty consistent with D1:
I am currently leaning more on them being lynch bait, does anything in particular point you in the direction of them being scum? You said you are going back and forth on them so I thought there might be something they said/did that you are seeing that I am not.
Thomth
Thomth
Goon
Thomth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by Thomth »

In post 670, Gjt wrote:
In post 77, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Then can’t scum just claim scum because people wont think their scum because that’s against the rules ?
Was referring to self as Scum early on, nice ploy to divert attention why would Scum say they Scum, oh right because they are
In post 351, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:I dont see worst as scum at all, he seems like a helpful duck[/quote

In post 527, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Alexcellent (SE) - probably townie but then again idk SE players are probably smarter than us so i expect them to be better scum
the worst (SE) - possible scum possible townie depending if hes trying hard as a mafia disguised as town or not

I think Gjt and an SE are scum
Flipping opinion on the worst in the same sentence, just looks very suspicious to me, I still think they are both Scum

Changed to PvtUrist, convinced and SE is Scum doesn't mention PvtUrist previously, maybe this one is to divert attention away from the worst
In post 621, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Because people like sheeping on a safe policy lynch like me :)))
Only Gyro has referenced themselve as a Policy Lynch. Starting to see why, hes offered it to us from the beginning, time to call his bluff
Urist outright voted for him self twice and JV hinted at them self being scum more then once, as a joke. Why point your finger at Gyro for the same reasons, as far as I can tell, but not Urist or JV?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”