Mini 2106 - Magia Record Fate Weave Semi-U-Pick (OVER!)

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #272 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 44, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 41, TemporalLich wrote:chemist feels slightly towny to me, feels like it would be too risky for scum to admit
In post 42, Severa wrote:that is a terrible read.
In post 48, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 45, TemporalLich wrote:Goodra is a better pokemon than kommo-o.
mawile > sableye
This is the towniest I've ever seen Chemist1422 in a mafia game
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 57, Salamence20 wrote:Cause 13 smells like tryhard
In post 58, Farkran wrote:I am tryhard
Yeah Farkran is really tryhard. As both alignments.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 167, Kerset wrote:OMG Salamence you are so slim.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

what's a woat
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 230, Bitmap wrote:Hot take: Severa and Salamance could be town together?
In post 231, Farkran wrote:
In post 230, Bitmap wrote:Hot take: Severa and Salamance could be town together?
70% sure of this
In post 232, Severa wrote:Whoops I just threw up. Gg wp
I laughed at my screen, which is rare.
pedit: I thought GOAT was God of all times
should be DOAT, Devil of all Times
see Bitmap I can be rude and reference gachas that aren't this one too.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Bitmap

It's too popular to be cool, but TL is really scummy. Chemist1422 is actually really towny even in a non meme way, that's my hot take. I'm not really sure why the parity cop
claim
meme had people voting Salamence over TL. If you do the close your eyes and ignore claims exercise, it's not even close. Bingle suggested that exercise in a theme once, it's stuck with me, especially as I watch more and more themes seem to get thrown from role stuff.

I should develop more thoughts on more slots but I wanna go eat dinner, this is all of my catchup for now
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 298, Bitmap wrote:And yet you vote me instead of TL?
You said Azur Lane has cuter gachas than PAD and that's a capital offense
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Tempura lich just rolled scum in a mafia game, happens to the best of us

More seriously, I don't really want to vote an actually wagoned in a game with multivoting mechanics and lots of apparent craziness. I'd rather use like, a quarter of the deadline first before setting up some accidental hammers. Like the prequel to this game has an accident hammer day2 iirc
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm gonna reread the game when I'm at my desk tomorrow or Monday. I promise more reads then, Bitmap.

It's actually not really a case of this game highly NAI, it's that I read all the posts on my phone in bed when it was difficult to respond, then forgot all the responses I wanted to write once my cats finally harassed me out of bed for their breakfast
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Tempura lynch you're making it very hard to not want to give you some code of hammurabi on that, considering you've been way scummier than Farkran.
But I think it'd be really bad for this game to cut off discussion. And I wanna hear from Shiro. Which reminds me.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I should post like this
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 13, Farkran wrote: I'll start with a first step to break the ice: i'm a magical girl and i have powers. I used a charge disc so i have 3 votes. Going to use them only when i feel it's appropriate.
Farkran refused to claim mason at L-1 + intent in his first game because he believed it's optimal play to vehemently protect town's information, so freely sharing this information is concerning. Farkran did you think it's impossible this information wasn't already public, or did you just not give a care? The predecessor to this game included a player with an extra vote, and later this thread we discover you can't figure out what disc it is someone used just by seeing their votes: salamence charged but has a Blast disc number of votes.

In post 15, Bitmap wrote:I don't understand how it's pro-town to pick Blast Disc on Day 1. Either you two didn't read or you're throwing.
In post 16, Bitmap wrote:Or you're scum.
I read these as though they were all in one post on the first read through, but this looks like it's possibly an actual "the edit function is disabled" scumslip. Why did no one comment on this or care? "Because he quickly corrected himself" is not a great reason. RC quickly corrected himself when he mentioned reading the scum PT in Any Non Dead Player.

Even in a less "gotcha" sense the thought process here doesn't seem townie. Why does he care more about whether Gamma and Salamence are throwing and blameworthy than if they're scum? I have a bad habit of trashing other players instead of sorting players when I don't have sorting to think about as scum.
In post 17, Severa wrote:If your abilities are mediocre, why not use a blast disc? I don't get it.
If you have a 900 MP ability that says "visit a player and become a miller for the rest of the game", you probably still want to take Charge or Accel to avoid an implicit VT claim that improves the quality of the factional nightkill. The extra vote is useless, it's more important to convince players than to have the power to force lynches through mechanically.
In post 34, Severa wrote:I haven't played the new Pokemon, but on the other hand I finally got the new Fire Emblem. Is that good enough?
I'm playing through it too. I hate the stupid tea party minigame where you have to guess what someone wants to hear you say. A.K.A develop the characters and do the creator's job for them in some kind of backwards mikigame.
In post 69, Farkran wrote:VOTE: sujimichi

Fossing me on my lamistiness has been proven to be scum indicative.

How heavy of a meta-reliant player are you?
This seems a bit substandard from Farkran. He's seen both townies and mafia push him for lamisty posting. Sujimichi's posting was pretty reasonable about his thought process. I think it's scum indicative to treat a weak scumtell like a stopping point because you've "done your job" when you can keep interacting to find where you are within that space, if that make sense.
In post 94, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 89, Severa wrote:Little early to be asserting that people are chainsaw defending TL.
Little late to assume we're still in RVS...

pedit: Severa is a scumlean, don't have much to indicate Severa!scum besides the defense. If by a miracle Farkran flips town Severa falls up to null.

Bitmap has a lot of scum equity but I still prefer flipping Farkran because a green Farkran absolves Severa and Farkran has done nothing towny this game unlike Bitmap
This is one of the super scummy posts from TL. It's not only bad as town to go into flips and associatives this much on page <small integer>, it's also unlikely. The read confidence is disproportionate, and contemplating Severa going to "null" seems like he's calculating stances he's required to take later than preparing a flexible read to take in new information.
In post 104, Chemist1422 wrote:Alchemist exists

I’m not leaning either way on him
Chemist is weirdly townie in this thread, this is one of those posts, I'm not going to do all of them.
He gains like nothing from posting this, but scum!Chemist risks looking bad if he missed something particularly objectively alignment indicative about alchemist's posting. But he just posted this anyway.
In post 133, Sujimichi wrote:I believe the opposing view would be not believing the statement.
Can we keep him?
In post 204, Bitmap wrote:RC I can make u dictator level if you get me that neighborhood with you. I think you're town.
Why do you townread RC? He's only posted things I think he could post as both alignments, for the most part.
Er, I mean Severa, and she. Open alting is whatever
In post 225, Salamence20 wrote:Im aware that rolecop is a scum role.

Im sure someone of your stature knows it can be townish
Wow Salamence called you fat and you just sat and took it I thought you were open alting as a tsundere though?
On the serious side I'm pretty disappointed this game has so much info leakage so quickly.

In post 308, Salamence20 wrote:Im Back.

R I mean Severa really can press my buttons, and for that Im sorry.

I flinched when Severa was yelling her way to get a wagon and I saw people voting me. I felt the need to defend myself because I was worried I was going to get mislynched over some stupid gambit so Severa could get what she wants because she has done it before.

I was at L-8 at the time which equates to about L-3 in normal terms. I told her why this was dumb, I told her the claim was bullshit, and I warned her Im outting if she didnt retract. She didnt, so fuck it, I outted. Im wasnt taking any chances.

Severa has now indirectly and directly gotten 2 people to out prs now. Idk how I feel about it.

——————-
Bitmap wrote:A lot of you are trying to put players like RC in a very standard mold when he's done this shit over and over as town.
Look, Ive been gone for awhile.

Right before I left, she was a newcomer. People fucking hated her because she was playing really anti-town. I assume shes better now, I dont know the history and I dont care. Shes obviously a strongarm player who plays super aggressively. For that reason I claimed cause I know if I didnt she wasnt going to shut the fuck up about it for another 10 fucking pages. You know this.

———————

People not named RC need to tell me why TL is town, because its not good. Ill case him tomorrow.

Looks like everyone besides Shiro Drew is here and caught up. Pops 297 outside of the vote warrants a read. I think its good. Evenstar too, but I like when people call me an idiot because I like the pain and abuse.
297 is a special number in PAD so that makes me happy.

It kind of sounds like Salamence is saying he's playing emotively instead of optimally, and more to the point emotively in a way that might throw some equity just to punish people like Severa.
Please don't do that dragon. It's harder to read. Scum trying to win and townies trying to win are going after different things, but in many respects they throw the same way. The premature claiming itself should count null, although it doesn't sound like a scum role.
In post 316, Bitmap wrote:pops i want some good reads
Ok I hit this post again so I think I'm caught up.
I'm gonna multipost for the rest of what's left.
Evenstar seems townie up to page 12 but I couldn't figure out how to articulate it
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 418, Evenstar wrote:Suji... has a weird formal tone to their posts that makes me instantly dislike him, because I've seen scum hide behind formality more than a few times. His actual actions also don't look that great. Overall, meh; I think I want to give him a bit more time to develop before I come down hard one way or the other, but he certainly isn't winning any favours rn.
This is kind of funny because I thought your tone in Magical Girls seemed formal, and I felt like I gut scumread that. Maybe it was a side effect of them needing to represent a hydra and not an individual, it hasn't been true this game or in the teacher newbie.
I'm skeptical that it's genuinely alignment indicative, I think just lots of movie villains talk formally.
In post 438, Farkran wrote:
In post 397, Severa wrote:Ok, my hood and I have discussed this and I'm going to open this to the floor
My actual abilities are day desperado -> day vig and using combined abilities we can get me up to 100 MP today
I am going to therefore be using the desperado today but I would prefer to use it on someone who, if it fails, is going to actually be useful to town.

So, ignoring my reads momentarily and focusing on the people that I think have some utility as town leader

Evenstar
Farkran
Venus & Mars (Primarily aimed at ND39, but if she continues lurking we're going to lynch rather than desp this slot)
Kerset
Salamence20

How effectively do you think you perform as IC, what are your reads right now, do you have any shot recommendations
I think this is another bs claim but at least the claims have some purposes so i'll answer nonetheless

I am quite ineffective as an IC, i wouldn't take the town leader spot by choice unless i am scum, however i am very active and talkative so that often just happens. Already provided my reads, nothing significant to update since then, except possibly a higher position for GE

As for the shot:
1) i wouldn't shoot right now
2) if i had to shoot any player right now, on the threat of game loss if i don't, i'd probably shoot TL.
3) if i absolutely had to shoot one on that list, i'd shoot Evenstar or Venus by PoE, probably Evenstar.
Nah Farkran is wrong he's the best shot on that list. Energy is almost as important to the town as intelligence. Not that Farkran lacks that either.
In post 453, Evenstar wrote:
In post 451, Severa wrote:Town me doesn't actually care either, just so you know.
Does town you care about my wasting my time casing you when I could be doing better and more productive things?
Evenstar is climbing up to Chemist tier, it's a shame I can't ship them.
In post 479, Evenstar wrote:
In post 478, Gamma Emerald wrote:You know what that’s reason enough to throw out my suspicions of Severa
I don't buy this is a real thought.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
I don't buy this as a real thought

Really though... I've used a backdoor to sneak out of a push that wasn't working out well to me, very recently, and I was doing it as scum.
In post 482, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 479, Evenstar wrote:
In post 478, Gamma Emerald wrote:You know what that’s reason enough to throw out my suspicions of Severa
I don't buy this is a real thought.

Honest question: do scum really put as much effort to catch up as Gamma is?
Gamma usually does due diligence to each of his games and the catchups in them. I'm used to those catchups having responses to things that seem skippable, but this time every single one of those things is about SEVERA and it seems kind of agenda driven for that reason
In post 490, Sujimichi wrote:Apparently, we are all going to out our roles before the day is over. I can't believe that this is a normal thing to do.
KAWAIIII!!! RENA WANTS TO TAKE IT HOME!!!!!!!!
In post 496, Severa wrote:None of my accounts are particularly representative of my IRL personality; all of them are playing a part.
Will you make an account designed to match your IRL personality one day if we ask really nicely?
En serio, which means seriously, which is something popsofctown usually wants to post but remembers to backspace because it's from the Spanish learned IRL and not necessarily widely understood on this site:
Evenstar's point should more or less stand. All online personalities are subset of our full personalities. "Playing a part" can only mean so much, the best actors in the world a typecast into pretty similar roles.
The question isn't really whether you are right or wrong, though, it's whether Gamma believes it himself, and giving lots of credence to Severa =/= RadiantCowbells after he ardently described the last RC game as being the "last game" makes me skeptical about the 180. It seems like the timing of the backpedal was more about how much he noticed it was accomplishing for his slot rather than actually getting some brand new information
In post 498, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 319, TemporalLich wrote:I'm slightly sure I'm effectively an effing
mason
right now
I'm uncertain as to how you are effectively a role that you are effectively not.
I've already decorated Sujimichi's room and it's been ok'ed with the landlord.
In post 548, Kerset wrote:If you claim investigation role then people won't lynch you. I think that could be his motive. If we have to choose between lynching mediocre role and role cop, we will never choose role cop bc we want to see information that he provides.
Kerset in site meta here a U-pick game generally has about two thirds of the town players as something stronger than rolecop. And also has the scum slightly more likely than the town to receive the ability rolecop. So his claim is similar to claiming VT, it incentivizes us to lynch him. I would be advocating lynching the slot to avoid outing more roles and avoid lynching more highly useful town power if his posting didn't lean towny to me.
In post 549, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 538, Evenstar wrote:VOTE: Alchemist21

More content please.
If you want more from me then talking to me is the way to do it, not voting someone you just put in your Townreads.
This is Bad. You have an obligation to this game independent of what Evenstar does with her vote, and you should be able to see the town incentive to do what she's doing with her vote.
If it seems remarkable it might be because other people have seen you be underwhelming as town, you were underwhelming in StarCraft and flipped green. That's the only difference between Evenstar's post and my silence.
I can't remember anything you've done this game besides sheep a fake parity cop claim, just like I can't remember anything you did in SC except be a gunsmith claim.
She said "please", so don't be rude to her playing to her wincon when she's made you're not playing to it with her, unless want to claim scum.
In post 575, Sujimichi wrote:I can't argue with your opinion.

And, yes, I have stated where I agree with others. This is true. Consistently is not an adverb that is accurate, however.
I painted his room offwhite.
In post 586, Severa wrote:I think that people are tonally scumreading Sujimichi (who posts in a way that is liable to be tonally scumread) without considering the merits of what she posts and if you focus purely on what she says she's towny.
I agree with this, except that in the sense I've picked out a different pronoun for Sujimichi until such a time as I'm corrected.
In post 601, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 593, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 589, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 575, Sujimichi wrote:I can't argue with your opinion.

And, yes, I have stated where I agree with others. This is true. Consistently is not an adverb that is accurate, however.
I think it’s fair to say you have been agreeing with others a lot. Yes, you’ve raised points yourself but it seems like you’re more than happy to sit behind someone and cheerlead them. I think the Boonism for that action is warlocking? It comes across as scummy because you’re trying to promote the idea without taking as much responsibility. I know scum do this because I did it myself subconsciously once when I was starting out.
I’ll say it again - agreeing with consensus doesn’t make someone scum.
Yes, but the way he’s doing it is extremely shady. He’s like “ah yes, this makes sense”. I have noted in my history here two ways scum will agree with people that are solid tells imo. The first is where scum will support a townie’s idea by bolstering the Townie’s argument while adding little of their own content to it. This is what I mentioned I was caught for in the past earlier, and it serves scum because it helps keep them blameless. I have noticed Suji doing this in spades. The second method is when scum entrench themselves into one argument, then a Townie makes a better one and they hop on at full speed to the Townie’s idea. I caught scum doing this in a game that I can’t recall the name of but that I know had Aliens in the name, and the reason why it’s scummy is it’s a demonstration that they aren’t interested in honest discussion, they just want the argument that best suits them. I don’t recall Suji doing this but I feel like someone else may have done it this game if not him, so it’s something to keep in mind.
This tell sounds like someone at the fortune cookie factory said "let's make one about suspecting people for agreeing with you but carefully write it so it applies to whoever gets the fortune cookie".
In post 657, Severa wrote:
In post 654, Evenstar wrote:still p. garbage, but improving. Venus & Mars not having checked in is getting to be annoying. can't wait for D2 so Severa will be dead and I can sheep her reads without fear.
This is weird af from you. How did you go from hating me and my playstyle and feeling like we can't get along because I'm arrogant to obedient sheep?
I felt like Evenstar hated me mosterest in Magical Girls. Let's fight about this
In post 658, Evenstar wrote:
In post 657, Severa wrote:
In post 654, Evenstar wrote:still p. garbage, but improving. Venus & Mars not having checked in is getting to be annoying. can't wait for D2 so Severa will be dead and I can sheep her reads without fear.
This is weird af from you. How did you go from hating me and my playstyle and feeling like we can't get along because I'm arrogant to obedient sheep?
Believe it or not, I am actually able to get used to people's playstyles. I still don't like you, and if you manage to ML me twice in a row we'll have
words
after this game, but I respect your reads enough that I'm willing to update based on them.

Be happy. You're getting that thing called "cooperation" you claim to want so much.
Titus misvigged me against town consensus twice in a row.. :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If I had a dayvig it'd still be TL, the only good angles on his posts seem like too scummy to be scum. But I'm not ready to end the day.

665 is a scumlist, I'm guessing? Why Kerset? I feel like they're posting content and it feels null and that's weird, because I spectated their first newbie and townread them a bit more. So I'd be interested in hearing what's pinging you.
If it's activity level itself, Kerset's in meta, though. (ND is not, we pressured her last game for being afk and then ended up at an accurate read so I can't object to using pressure again)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

"Lol I'm scum but that's not why?"
Severa has already gone into how Suji's slot is being mistreated.
Farkran read I agree with to some extent.
I don't know what else you've posted about.
I'm not required to do an audit on your iso to raise a concern about something that happened.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I saw how messy the thread was and didn't want to contribute to the messiness.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

When it comes to the actual hammer I'm treating everything that's not seafood as unlynchable.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 676, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 672, popsofctown wrote:
"Lol I'm scum but that's not why?"
Severa has already gone into how Suji's slot is being mistreated.
Farkran read I agree with to some extent.
I don't know what else you've posted about.
I'm not required to do an audit on your iso to raise a concern about something that happened.
You don’t need to audit my ISO but the fact that seems like the only thing of mine you saw fit to talk about has me worried you’re avoid probably evaluating my play
I think I try to read your posts as quickly as possible because that avatar is always to the left of them.
I am very much team bring-back-Rayquaza
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 698, Farkran wrote:
In post 615, popsofctown wrote:
In post 13, Farkran wrote: I'll start with a first step to break the ice: i'm a magical girl and i have powers. I used a charge disc so i have 3 votes. Going to use them only when i feel it's appropriate.
Farkran refused to claim mason at L-1 + intent in his first game because he believed it's optimal play to vehemently protect town's information, so freely sharing this information is concerning. Farkran did you think it's impossible this information wasn't already public, or did you just not give a care? The predecessor to this game included a player with an extra vote, and later this thread we discover you can't figure out what disc it is someone used just by seeing their votes: salamence charged but has a Blast disc number of votes.
I did also say in that game that refusing to claim was very specific of the circumstances. It was also a game where i openly speculated about PRs for the same reason = the mason team already had all the information they needed and no one else should have shared it until it was appropriate, i.e. to counterclaim epiccreeper and lynch scum. This game is vastly different (no open setup, no normal roles, etc), and by reading ahead you will notice that a lot of people included at least some amount of bs in their claims. Magical girl setup allows this, and i support the use of bs or non-bs claims to advance the gamestate.
This seems to be suggesting providing polluted or partially falsified information to scum is harmless. I'll agree to disagree. The plenty of other ways to progress the game state, and I actually think mountainous has the highest quality dayplay, but this is definitely delving into mafia theory.
You seem to have presented some kind of internally consistent view, though, since an environment with lots of fakeclaiming would make rolecop more useful more often. I'm not sure whether I've ever fakeclaimed before, and in ye olde days I feel like it was rarer.

Farkran wrote:
In post 615, popsofctown wrote:
In post 17, Severa wrote:If your abilities are mediocre, why not use a blast disc? I don't get it.
If you have a 900 MP ability that says "visit a player and become a miller for the rest of the game", you probably still want to take Charge or Accel to avoid an implicit VT claim that improves the quality of the factional nightkill. The extra vote is useless, it's more important to convince players than to have the power to force lynches through mechanically.
I have to disagree with this though. I think your reasoning is flawed/incomplete: you're admitting that picking a Blast disc equals a VT claim (= extra vote is useless), but if you see no reason for scum to pick blasts, it actually helps town narrowing the lynchpool, which i think is more beneficial than the side effects. To expand on this: i do not have experience with the previous iterations of magical girl mafia, but i would think scum abilities are useful and therefore they would like to abuse them over attempting a very weak VT claim.[/color]
I'm confused by this post, you seem to agree that no one should take blast ever? But as it turns out, Gamma has some sort of special considerations for taking Blast that he should Not Talk About, and Salamence didn't take Blast at all.
Farkran wrote: [snip]
Funny how i can get both a burden of proficency from people who played/spectated with me, and a newbie shield from people who didn't, in the same game. By the way, if want to skip rvs, i need to push weak reads first, and i feel that voting a player is also a valid motive for interacting + i asked a question in the same post. Also i kept analyzing suji up to which is where he crossed the null line and entered the towny side of my reads. This soft-shading line seems weird coming from you pops, need to check if you're committed to it.
---
The rest of the post i mostly agree with.
The later engagement dampens how red-indicative I want to count it, but I don't think it was a townie reaction. If Suji's vote is serious, RVS is already over, you don't have to cast any countervotes to end it.
I don't want to litigate this all the way to the highest court, though. Confirmation bias and hyperfocus aren't good for reads, breadth is better. I have you scummier than null but in the range where I'd be disappointed if that was the d1 lynch.
In post 700, Farkran wrote:
In post 619, Evenstar wrote:aight pops can be town
Are you strong on this after just one post which was... not entirely towny (not scummy either, but certainly not what i would call obvtown), coming from whom you know has very high experience and skill levels?

If so, why? I mean, what specifically striked you as a strong town point in his post?
I am possibly experienced, but I believe Evenstar is on record calling me the worst player she's ever seen play mafia
In post 701, Farkran wrote:
In post 624, TemporalLich wrote:if you're not committed you're trying to stall out D1, therefore Evenstar is scum

VOTE: Evenstar, even if hammer
Are jesters a thing in this setup? Because TL is crossing the line where i wouldn't lynch him out of making too little sense with his posts, and you know it's effing hard to cross that line for me.
There are no jesters in the setup, mini theme mods have to disclose whether there are cults or jesters when the game goes into queue.
In post 708, Severa wrote:@everyone, how are you reading Farkran?
I incidentally mentioned this earlier in my post. He is pretty null to me. I'm hoping he is easier to read in later phases of the game.
In post 709, Kerset wrote:
In post 692, Bitmap wrote:idk why Evenstar has me as a scum read but they aren't really the pinnacle of towniness either so whatevs
Pops vote you and promised reads about you but gave only one.
In my vocabulary a "read" is a total assessment of a particular player, so I tried to discuss several players in my post for Bitmap. If I described ten scummy things about Bitmap, it would all be one read.
I'm not really going to discuss other stuff about Bitmap since he softclaimed a strong role, but I did want the slip mentioned in my iso in case I'm dead when it's LyLo and time to lynch people even if they're claiming strong roles.
In post 711, Farkran wrote:
In post 666, popsofctown wrote:
Nah Farkran is wrong he's the best shot on that list. Energy is almost as important to the town as intelligence. Not that Farkran lacks that either.
"shot" is an ambiguous word to use in this context :lol: was that on purpose? I'm not yet confident enough in my knowledge of better players to act as an enforced IC though. I think you should have been on that list if we make a pure speculation on reading abilities and charisma - not that i would "abdicate" in favor to anyone though, i will keep doing my thing regardless of my position as leader or lack thereof. Also i'm not sold on you being town yet. I'd currently place you as null-nullscum + would not lynch d1. I like some of your reads, significantly disagree on others.
Meta is overrated and garbage. I am getting sucked into the vortex with it so much this year. I feel like more straightforward reads can be so accurate though.

Farkran wrote:
In post 548, Kerset wrote:If you claim investigation role then people won't lynch you. I think that could be his motive. If we have to choose between lynching mediocre role and role cop, we will never choose role cop bc we want to see information that he provides.
Kerset in site meta here a U-pick game generally has about two thirds of the town players as something stronger than rolecop. And also has the scum slightly more likely than the town to receive the ability rolecop. So his claim is similar to claiming VT, it incentivizes us to lynch him. I would be advocating lynching the slot to avoid outing more roles and avoid lynching more highly useful town power if his posting didn't lean towny to me.

I didn't see it from this POV, and if i was a spectator i'd trust your experience over mine. However, it does not really match my own info and what i got from other people claims... that being said, i just realized that one of such claims was salamence (who also said he didn't pick a blast) and the other was gamma's (whom i'm not trusting anymore). I feel i am contradicting myself here and i need to re-evaluate what i have been thinking of salamence, as my strong read on him was mostly based on game mechanics. His tone and content are still kinda towny though.[/quote]
There is bias in the way you've collected the data about claims. People with weaker roles are more likely to claim, because it's less harmful to town. So your "survey" has no pure elements except your own PM. The concept is called "response bias". Salamence likely would not have claimed even in his anger if he was such a powerful role it would throw the game to have him roleblocked or killed, Gamma claimed because his role harms town, similar to a day 1 Miller claim, TemporalLich, mostly same thing as Salamence. Then, any of them could be scum, and I don't want to think about which direction that would bias the sample, I'd prefer you either read over some completed role madness games and look at -all- the roles, or take my judgment over a biased sample.
Farkran wrote:
In post 549, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 538, Evenstar wrote:VOTE: Alchemist21

More content please.
If you want more from me then talking to me is the way to do it, not voting someone you just put in your Townreads.
This is Bad. You have an obligation to this game independent of what Evenstar does with her vote, and you should be able to see the town incentive to do what she's doing with her vote.
If it seems remarkable it might be because other people have seen you be underwhelming as town, you were underwhelming in StarCraft and flipped green. That's the only difference between Evenstar's post and my silence.
I can't remember anything you've done this game besides sheep a fake parity cop claim, just like I can't remember anything you did in SC except be a gunsmith claim.
She said "please", so don't be rude to her playing to her wincon when she's made you're not playing to it with her, unless want to claim scum.
Not sure if scum!alchemist would answer like that, even if i agree with the basis of reasoning. I'd think scum!alchemist would wave at, or produce content in response to that.
I think both alchemists could do that, scum!alchemist a little more because there is safety in dismissiveness, but moreso I care that my post might entice a town!alchemist to solve with us. When he actually occasionally does stuff he demonstrates a lot of intelligence.
In post 715, Severa wrote:Pops why did you call Gamma out for his 180 on me but not Evenstar
Because there isn't a 180? She got very excited about thinking you were scum, then over time as other things got her attention kind of relaxed on it and in later readslists put you at nullscum. It's pretty consistent with how she played in Magical Girls and plausible in a vacuum anyway.
The only thing I could see that you could be calling a 180 is that she went from voting you to voting one of your detractors. I've never been big on "never vote with your scumreads", maybe someday I'll see the light on it, but I don't get it, you're wrong a significant amount of the time so vote based on ideas and not cliques. So I didn't naturally view that as a 180. If Evenstar is a big believer in bloc voting maybe that's objectively wrong.
Gamma on the other hand rather quickly dropped and rejected the core idea and concept behind his push on you even though I'm skeptical he'd do so as town (especially since I think townies tend to confbias).
In post 723, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 716, Farkran wrote: This reads like a pocket

VOTE: Farkran
Chemist you were the chosen one what are you doing
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 738, Severa wrote:I voted Pops and she became your top townread
When chemist isn't here he gets scummier, but when I'm not here I get townier! I am a special kind of bad at mafia, where my best plays are necessarily when I AFK. No one else in thread can call themselves WOAT now, for I am the essence of WOAT.

Yeah I have no idea what's going on with those readslists. Is it scummy fake read progression, or too blatant to be so?

I really don't think they're productive in any case.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 744, Kerset wrote:Is pops like game veteran on this site?
Join dates are visible below each user's avatar. By join date I would be a game veteran, it's a feat to find someone with a join date before 2008 actually playing a game, although Kelly Chen is an 05'er who played a game this autumn and that's flipping awesome.

By games played, lots of people have played more games than I have in a shorter window of time. The person behind SEVERA has played at least four times as many games as I have. Maybe fourteen times as many games as I have. It's better not to think about it.

I'm pretty well respected for being enjoyable to play with but I'm rarely accused of being good at mafia.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

To clarify, since there's been mixed up terms already, "I'm rarely accused of being good at mafia" means people don't think I'm strong at winning games of mafia. It wasn't specifically a comment about how good I am at playing as the bad guys.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 749, Kerset wrote:
In post 667, popsofctown wrote:
If I had a dayvig it'd still be TL, the only good angles on his posts seem like too scummy to be scum. But I'm not ready to end the day.

665 is a scumlist, I'm guessing? Why Kerset? I feel like they're posting content and it feels null and that's weird, because I spectated their first newbie and townread them a bit more. So I'd be interested in hearing what's pinging you.
If it's activity level itself, Kerset's in meta, though. (ND is not, we pressured her last game for being afk and then ended up at an accurate read so I can't object to using pressure again)
Don't you hate meta?
It's a love-hate relationship. I'm resorting to it more and more this year.
It's more useful for activity levels because it's an aspect of your meta that is fundamentally harder to manipulate - when you roll scum it's just harder to think of things to post, and every post you make incurs cost because every post is a potential slip. So it's usually safe to townread someone for posting far more than they usually do for this reason.
When meta is used for something like "Robin always leads an early mislynch as scum" or "Robin always follows other as scum" and Robin will know this and can just do the opposite on purpose and both are reasonable styles I like it less.

pedit: this setup is the first of its kind as far as I know, but it has a few similarities to Magical Girls Upick Light and Shadow, which involved Chemist, SEVERA's main, Evenstar, Bitmap, Gamma Emerald, Venus and Mars, and yours truly.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 755, Severa wrote:Keep in mind that being good at mafia doesn't really feel like you're good at mafia and I'm making the same leap of faiths what whatever gibberish my brain presents me as to why some mofo is scum is correct that everyone following me does.
Where is the SEVERA roleplay!?!?!?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 759, Severa wrote:I'm the best sheep me you morons.
YES!!!!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 753, Salamence20 wrote:I used the mafiablue theme, so pops formatting is killing my eyes.
There is no mafiablue theme, I tried to find one so I could experiment with different colors to find a compromise but apparently you live in a castle of lies.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 763, Kerset wrote:
In post 757, popsofctown wrote:When meta is used for something like "Robin always leads an early mislynch as scum" or "Robin always follows other as scum" and Robin will know this and can just do the opposite on purpose and both are reasonable styles I like it less.
So do you disagree with bitmap about severa?
I would say so. I feel I have been more successful in thoughts reading RC as a player than I have in thoughts reading RC as special-different-meta-entity.
People get good stuff out of meta sometimes but I think it's often overrated.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 766, Severa wrote:So you think that I'm scum then?
No. I lean town on your slot. I can disagree with a line of reasoning without disagreeing on the direction of the read. (I'm disagreeing on the intensity, though.)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Kerset
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 773, Severa wrote:Like if I scumread some UNREADABLE MORON like Popsofctown I'm not going to be as CONFIDENT as if I scumread someone who is smart!
D:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

mafsilver seems identical to prosilver as far as I can tell, I use prosilver.
Are you playing on mobile? Spoiler+colored text gets wrecked on mobile. I would have to switch to unspoilered purple text. It would make me a sad panda
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

Kerset has never played with me before
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

… you're BoPing Kerset? That wouldn't really be the angle that appeals to me.

Kerset's posted a lot more about what ker reads are rather than why they are.

Gamewide I think people are doing lists too much and I think discussing top 3's and why you feel that way is more relevant but I probably shouldn't try to browbeat people into following my style preferences
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

Is the first sentence a list of people who disagree with Farkran?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

Oh ok that makes lots of sense since Farkran isn't sure if he disagrees with Farkran about pops right now
pedit: Evenstar is BoPing Kerset and I don't like it
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

Kerset let's play a game.

The mod says you have lynch one player immediately and we win if it's scum and otherwise we lose.

Who do you pick, and why do you pick that person?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (isolation #37) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 841, Kerset wrote:TL bc he is the most scumreaded.
Seriously?
What if three of the people scumreading him are scum?
You don't want to form your own ideas?
Do you realize this is the opposite of the point of my question?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (isolation #38) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

UNVOTE:

852 is like, really naïve and disappointing.
And yet, like
It seems like an actual town perspective and doesn't really mimic other thoughts that have been posted in the thread.
Also doesn't seem like heavy consideration of TL's 3p equity which scum!Kerset would be thinking about.
I feel this weird rage at liking the response.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (isolation #39) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

I hit the "view posts by user" button.
TemporalLich is still the scummiest name that shows up.
But also looking at the names that come up, makes me feel like if it's not TL the lynch is going to end up on one of my townreads.
It is annoying to vote TL after mence's dumb preflip association nonsense where I have some kind of hide in plain sight strategy.
But this is actually where I want the lynch to go. It doesn't out additional claims on top of being scum. VOTE: TemporalLich
I wish I got the townie vibe Bitmap got from Sailor Moon's catchup but the comments all seemed like easy to me.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (isolation #40) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

I have to be at least a little fascinated with the way TemporalLich keeps calling me obvtown even though I want his lynch today.

Bitmap I have no idea how to work with you if you're just going to say to lynch me because my pushes are "easy". Sometimes the easy lynches flip scum and that's why they were easy.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (isolation #41) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm still not happy with Gamma's slot. Ontop of his sketchy read progression on Severa his tone just doesn't feel as townie as it usually does to me.
Farkran has a lot of scum equity, my hesitance to push their is paranoia about the popularity of the wagon (especially since he was L-1+intented in his first game as town) and a desire to play with him some more. He seems to care more about what people think about him or care more about being right rather than sorting and that gives me a feeling he might be scum.
The back up options are falling off a lot after that, because the rest of things I scumread tend to be mostly you.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 882, Bitmap wrote:is it cause you actually scum read me or is it cause of my playstyle?
If only we had more data. I don't think I was going to settle in on scumreading you for playstyle at the end of the day in Magical Girls, but you claimed IC so quickly that it mucked with that. I can't remember what my read was before that point.

If I scumread you for playstyle I'm not sure how I would figure it out
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (isolation #43) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

You're being obtuse and difficult
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (isolation #44) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

Are you having fun?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (isolation #45) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (isolation #46) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

This is a weeaboo game so I am going to assert that pre-flip associatives are Shinigami
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (isolation #47) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 907, Kerset wrote:
In post 905, Bitmap wrote:I fixed my avatar to fit the theme of this game. Her name is San Diego.
I wish Gamma would change it as well.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (isolation #48) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

None of the reasons I've been scumreading Bitmap this game have been meta tells, Kerset, they're universal things, including the slip. His post length and frequency are pretty similar to how he always plays. I have actually spent very little time with Bitmap in a game where his alignment wasn't confirmed to me by the setup or factions, though, so I likely haven't paid attention to lots of details.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (isolation #49) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I do feel weird about Severa slot. I respect RC's ability to develop reads. But giving him the amount of deference I gave him in magical girls felt really, really unsatisfied as soon as I was viewing it from a dead PT, it was just like, I didn't accomplish even half of what I feel I accomplish in games where I'm a day 1 mislynch because I was following too much both on votes spotlight pushing, and that felt bad even before I found out whether I'd won or lost. That puts me in a funky spot because I know it takes pretty good reasons to think he's wrong about anything but I don't want to follow it again either.
He's also a player who I can't possibly provide what he needs to see from me as town like fundamentally or something. He always scumreads me. In most lobbies when I roll town people will get a little miffed about something with my play day one and I can kind of pick up on what it is, and provide more of that, and it mellows out. RC just got madder. It's kind of funny. I don't get put out about getting misread. But it was super pointless that I spent any time trying to spew last time around. I'll die or not. I should have solved more.

If you mean cooperation with him and discussing reads, his reads are really different from mine this game but I'm just going to explain why I have the reads I have not try to stage a "major conflict" about it. Most of the time I don't understand his reads or they're particularly terse, I felt kind of relieved I understood what he was saying about Kerset for once, but with more information I am shading that slot green now.

Reposting Severa's neighbor words publicly after a fixed time delay like he's a twitch streamer on a delay or something is probably pointless versus him stating it directly, though. It's also obnoxious. But it should be sufficient that it's pretty stupid. Decide whether the info is public or private.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (isolation #50) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Many preview edits
but they don't look too relevant
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (isolation #51) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

o snap
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (isolation #52) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I am not mad at you at all. I am mad at myself.
I don't think I said I was mad at you.
I like to make an impact on every game I play.
This is about how much agency I feel I have over the game, not about whether we actually kill all the scumz.
I don't know whether I'd be more likely to win if I had been more independent (well 0 = 0 so no, but aside from that). I just think I would have had more fun.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (isolation #53) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Do you think the post I townread from Kerset is fully NAI, or is it just not enough to you?

I feel like I'd more easily scumread the "unconventional townies" post if it wasn't such a rock fight in a glass house. I would definitely see lots of scum equity in it coming from a veteran feigning indignation, from Kerset it's more bemusing.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (isolation #54) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Wait does that word mean what I think it means?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (isolation #55) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Kerset you're a baller can you recruit me to become an alien with you? Or do I have to be mafia to be eligible?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (isolation #56) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

YAY
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (isolation #57) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Sujimichi, do you townread or scumread Kerset?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (isolation #58) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 957, Bitmap wrote:Also, I owe Severa's main a D1 sheep because

A) I think he's town
B) For ignoring one of his reads in Baton Pass
B is against the spirit if not the letter of site rules, mafia rule 2. An inverted grudge is still a grudge.

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #975 (isolation #59) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

dayvig me to fix my moral dilemma over whether to replace out over your attitude I know you're not going to admit as cheating
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (isolation #60) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

ok that's fine and better
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (isolation #61) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Is that real? I hope you'd force a claim first if it was real
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (isolation #62) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 980, Severa wrote:if you want to play a game without people sheeping me for reasons that aren't striclty -this game- then you would need to just not play a game that i'm in.
Did you ask Bitmap to play to your wincon instead of his in the neighbor PT because you recently lost a game together? I blacklist people who don't always play to the wincon of their current game, yes. Bitmap seems willing to play to his wincon for this game, I don't see a problem anymore.

I will play games, ask players to obey the rule, ask the mods to enforce the rules, then replace out if I don't agree with the mods about how to enforce the rules. If you're going to be annoyed by my following those three steps, you blacklist me, not the other way around. I don't like blacklisting anyone except for rulebreaking.

If you actually asked Bitmap to "repay" you then you'd fall in that camp, but I suspect your brand of hypercompetitiveness would forgo such an advantage.

Usually repayment requests are not genuine and are just an emotional "vent", like RCE saying I owed him a townread in magical girls. Probably this one was too it was just close enough I wanted some clarification.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (isolation #63) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Lucina is a goddess among mortals.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (isolation #64) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 993, Bitmap wrote:
@pops:

In post 945, Salamence20 wrote:
I owe bitmap one for perfect masquerade.

The term “unconventional townie” is not a unique one like kerset made it seem.
what about this? Salamance is owing me something and you completely missed this.
Like I said, usually I assume it's just an emotional vent type thing and meant figuratively. The RCEnigma example I gave was very similar to Salamence's comment.

When you go as far as counting on your fingers how many of RC's preferred lynches you didn't give him in a previous game and then counting how many of his preferred lynches you want to give him this game to make up for it the wording has gotten unusual enough that I need to ask about it.

I should have still worded for more presumption of innocence, though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #995 (isolation #65) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

post 992
is a scumclaim
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (isolation #66) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

why do you spell it Leadrist? is it to be cute? It's kind of cute. I can fix it for you, though
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (isolation #67) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 997, Evenstar wrote:
Leadrist:

MOST TOWNY

Salamence
->>>
Pops
Alchemist
Chemist
Severa
- DEAD ALIEN - Kerset
Sujimichi
Venus & Mars
Gamma
Farkran
Bitmap
TL
MOST SCUMMY

Yeah, I don't think TL has any clue what they're doing. They're causing mass confusion and it's scummy as fuck. It's like a worse version of Hyena. I'm putting my vote right back here; having taken a good hard look at their post history, I just don't think this kind of play ever comes from town.
:(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (isolation #68) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Oh the joke doesn't work, Severa said it was desperado I forgot.

Bitmap if you're town you should describe your role PM in detail at least in your neighborhood in case TK does partial flips. FakeGod did that by surprise in a recent game.
I think the costs for that outweigh the benefits.
Same is true for Kerset.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (isolation #69) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Bitmap do you like me or dislike me?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (isolation #70) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1037, Kerset wrote:
In post 1035, Bitmap wrote:
In post 1028, Salamence20 wrote:Wheres the rain
reaction test
Do you love me now?
I love you since before the game started
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1101 (isolation #71) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

You're saying, like, one of those roles where after getting lynched TemporalLich would come back to life, then get a bonus?
Like a time traveling lich?
These roles are very rare but nothing is impossible in a theme. Krazy's Starcraft Mafia had a role like that.
It doesn't help solve the game to think about things like that though. It's more important to focus on who are the good guys and the bad guys.
It seems obvious that unless he's third party, his death hurts whichever faction he is less than average, because a)part of it is neighborizing which is weak, and b) he doesn't seem that worried about dying.
He is definitely not the cutest Magical Girl.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1104 (isolation #72) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1102, Evenstar wrote:
In post 1099, Kerset wrote:I am curious, what other think about this^.
Evenstar is as mysterious as she is fake and gay
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1108 (isolation #73) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

Spoiler: .

This is Astaroth. She is an extremely kawaii magical girl.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1113 (isolation #74) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

TK sent me a pm telling that my win condition changed and that I now win the game if I turn everyone in the thread into Puzzles and Dragons players by posting lots of kawaii PAD characters
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (isolation #75) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1114, Bitmap wrote:I'm kind of sad this is turning out to be a normal game of mafia instead of a circus show.
No one is stopping you from claiming masons with scum, right now. The power is yours Bitmap. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (isolation #76) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

When have I ever been good at shutting up?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (isolation #77) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

This is a way better wagon than Kerset kerself.
VOTE: Alchemist21
Kerset one day I want to prank you somehow for fun.

Will you forgive me afterwards?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (isolation #78) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I was townreading Chemist and am willing to fight about it.

Alchemist is failing to meet low expectations here.

Who's scum besides TL, Alchemist?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (isolation #79) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1138, Severa wrote:kerset's still scum, not sure why they're still alive

also if you're going to counterwagon scum then i'm going to lynch you for it and if you get mad at me for not reading you correctly i'm just gonna laugh at you.

don't make this another baton pass situation where all the slots that i have tp policy lynch for hard defending scum flip town
After the last couple of pages I think it's even less likely Kerset is scum.

You ignored my question about Kerset earlier.

Are you going to convince people the slot is scum or just state that it's so? You previously said you just weren't seeing enough from Kerset but Kerset seems to be doing ker own kind of sorting lately even though a lot of it is kind of alien.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (isolation #80) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1145, Farkran wrote:
In post 1133, Kerset wrote:Sure i would as long as it won't me on TM. My friends are going to watch me there so i need to look like super smart there.
You bet we will
If I don't get put in either your game or Kerset's game I will cry.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1153 (isolation #81) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1149, Severa wrote:i really have better shit to do (aka fire emblem 3 houses) then convince you all to vote for scum when it's as obvious as kerset is.

if youc an't see it that's on you
It's so obvious you can hardly articulate the reasons?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1164 (isolation #82) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1154, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1139, popsofctown wrote:
I was townreading Chemist and am willing to fight about it.

Alchemist is failing to meet low expectations here.

Who's scum besides TL, Alchemist?
I’d say it’s likely at least 1 scum is on my wagon right now.

Your vote is the least understandable to me. You’ve seen me be like this is Town before so why am I scummy to you for “failing to meet low expectations?”
I think my word choice is pretty clear that I'm indicating you're actually being even worse than starcraft.

I do actually like red!gamma better based on expectations vs. reality, but it's getting hard to deny that's a vanity wagon.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (isolation #83) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1098, Kerset wrote:
In post 1085, Salamence20 wrote:Maybe I havent played in forever but I cant think of why TL couldnt explain the role without getting modkilled.

It could be a premade neighborhood prior to D1 or he chose them prior to gamestart.

It could be a randomized neighborhood that activates on his command but then the odds of getting severa/bitmap become so specific hes lying.

OR (taps on head meme) all 3 are mafia and this neighborhood is the greatest gambit where the hood is actually the daytalk mafia pt.

I dont know
Maybe the fact that they all behave odd is related to the fact that they are neighbors. Premade group would make sense in this case. They are not mimes for sure but TL is careless, which suggest that he got power activated afterlynch. I remember that in previous anime themed game(hosted by you-know-who) there was a Asta, who was roleblocking every wagon member of his lynched neighbor. This one is not the same for sure but looking at Farkran claims we might have to deal with something even more powerful.
This is town indicative posting. It's really off tempo and weird to worry about negative consequences for a lynch as scum. As scum the entire goal is mislynches, a slot that starts jestering feels like it's cooperating with you rather than inducing any paranoia.

Like, Kerset hasn't solved the entire game in her posts for sure but ker perspective keeps seeming like it's getting authored out of a town perspective.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (isolation #84) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1192, Farkran wrote:Can we get a wagon going on evenstar now? I think there are shenanigans going on from her side

VOTE: evenstar
Farkran are you a magical boy
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1210 (isolation #85) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1203, Farkran wrote:
In post 1196, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1192, Farkran wrote:Can we get a wagon going on evenstar now? I think there are shenanigans going on from her side

VOTE: evenstar
Farkran are you a magical boy
Pretty sure i am a magical girl, but didn't check in my pants since page 20 or something
Then why are you seeing Evenstar as town this game? Like Severa points out, it's wonky and probably ineffective but it's not really clear how to link it to a scum wincon.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (isolation #86) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Severa which house did you pick I'm playing with Edelgard's house
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1217 (isolation #87) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

*aren't, actually.
I did spectate it. I think she's playing differently in the process of being with a different playerlist but you're not really spelling out for me how different=scummier.
pedit: Farkran mislynching town is for magical boys.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1221 (isolation #88) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

RC replaced out of this game pregame.

However this game has a player named SEVERA
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1227 (isolation #89) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1223, Farkran wrote:
In post 1217, popsofctown wrote:
*aren't, actually.
I did spectate it. I think she's playing differently in the process of being with a different playerlist but you're not really spelling out for me how different=scummier.
pedit: Farkran mislynching town is for magical boys.
I am finding scum intent in producing busywork while evaluating potential lynchbait by jumping around wagons. I think she is forcing to stay within her town meta, but by doing so also validating a wonky and non-solvy play.

I gave her time to produce results, then i asked her directly, but i didn't see any.
I can follow that somewhat. Thinking back I can remember her being solvier in the newbie, but she was closer to this in Magical Girls.
I'd definitely not interested in lynching her today.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1234 (isolation #90) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1231, Bitmap wrote:I'm giving RC his D1 lynch because it's statistically better than my D1 lynch read.
Your D1 lynch read is Alchemist, right?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1236 (isolation #91) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1232, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1230, Salamence20 wrote:I dont understand “endgame potential”

Its day 1, who gives a fuck about endgame.

Like shouldnt scum be the ones worried about who is in lylo? Town should focus on winning before lylo.

(This is a meta/theory question, not game relevant)
Lylo is better when the remaining slots are easier to read.

Trying to setup a good lylo and scum hunting aren’t mutually exclusive.
Combined with "I play bad as both alignments" this seems like you're trying to sell me on an Alchemist lynch.
SEVERA says I'm really good at the Price is Right. Or something like that. All I know is I buy too many vulneraries, then I'm broke.
Severa why didn't you tell me your house :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (isolation #92) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Evenstar believe in your heart.
And the coffee cup you are sipping from.
Believe in those things.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (isolation #93) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Bitmap which house do you like?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1246 (isolation #94) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1241, Bitmap wrote:Severa, get Wargroove. It's Advance Wars pretty much.
Why didn't you tell me you like Wargroove
I could have brought my switch to the restaurant and we could have done pass & play
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1250 (isolation #95) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Sweet dreams Kerset! Be sure to dry off your hair before you lay down or you'll get cold
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1264 (isolation #96) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Chemist why
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1269 (isolation #97) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Let's be real SEVERA has roughly 18 votes
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (isolation #98) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1273, Evenstar wrote:Pre-unvote tally:
Kerset: Evenstar (2), Chemist (2), Severa (3), Salamence (4), Bitmap (2), Alchemist (3) = 16, 3 from hammer
Order of votes not correct, literally just hand tallied this fast

Yeah, let's not let anybody claim "accidental" hammer.
Do you think it was so easy from Severa's charisma alone?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1276 (isolation #99) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I hardclaim magical girl
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (isolation #100) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Kerset is lynchbaity and half the people voting the wagon don't even believe in it :/
I don't think this flips scum between it being easy and moreso ke just really doesn't read like scum.
When I poked I didn't get the response I expected from scum!kerset
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (isolation #101) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

Do you think I'm scummy, Kerset?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (isolation #102) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm only ignoring Thanksgiving enough for popins
I'm more interested by Kerset's thoughts than most people's thoughts this game, honestly
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1351 (isolation #103) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

how come when I roll town people fantasize I am partners with people that would be funtastic partners like Evenstar and Kerset and when I roll scum I'm scumpartners with players like Firebringer and Not_Mafia? Can god fix this? Wait Severa is God. Severa I hold you responsible.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1359 (isolation #104) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

What exactly have I been ignoring?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1408 (isolation #105) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I am a succubus aligned with town <3
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1434 (isolation #106) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm at 11/19 votes but I am pretty sure I am more at L-Severa
I am not going to really try to convince Severa I am not scum because old newbies + MG made that process seem futile and exhausting. It's nbd because Severa mostly does better than rand and even if this the LE lynch of this game as long as no one fakeclaims masons it will be o.k. As long as protectives is Severa
Then additionally I am not going to really try to convince people on the wagon I'm not scum because they're just sheeping Severa. So that's silly.
I will just list my reads, tomorrow at closer to literal L-1 I will claim, but tomorrow and this weekend I have stuffs so I want to post now, then I will play with you guys some other time.

Alchemist21: Alchemist has been very scummy and I don't know why Severa townreads him. Even though he is "scummy" as town he just manages to seem even scummier than that, even someone who posts with a scummy tone could at least not be on easy wagons because their mind is towny independent guesses even though they have scumshaped lips they were born with? If Severa is killed it seems dangerous to townlock alchemist. He could be town yes he has played this bad but it's not safety to look at universally scummy play and call it town because someone like didn't claim scum
Bitmap: Bitmap has felt really scummy this game, basically I have no reason not to push him besides he softed but I do think this is a game with OP magicks and runaan hurricanes and mercurial infinity edge and keeping strong role alive can be strong. I feel like he has used copying Severa in a defensive way the occludes his motives and he it's different from how he would sheep Severa if he was town. I don't think the fake desp is out of his scumrange because he had a neighborhood to feel comfortable from and play it like a game.
Chemist1422: Chemist was very towny in the first few pages but has not posted much in the last half of the game. I feel like you should really treat him like he got innocented by uncofnirmed sanity cop going through the rest of the game. I am eating some nuts. Chemist thought process is town if you reread his early post and he made post that increase his profile for no gain.
Evenstar: Evenstar displayed townie thought process in some of her early posts go backwards and time travel. She has maybe been less exciting in the recent. I also feel like I don't like the way she is on my wagon I think she wouldn't want to sheep Severa like other players and would see I am town from here. But unless it comes to PoE I would still think she is town from early good posts that seemed really town. She is much more carefree in this game than MG I am going to steal our mod's phrase and call her "carefree villager", in MG she was conscious. Wait she was town in MG. Ok still though she can't be too townie to be town? I think you should at least bring her towards LyLo.
Gamma Emerald: I still feel like Gamma Emerald is scummy. I think people are townreading him for pushing onto Severa when he would know that is hard as scum but it seemed to me like he was just trying to ~do stuff~ so it doesn't count. He hasn't posted in a while. But also the ways in which Severa told him he was being silly I felt like GE would know before being told.
Kerset: Kerset is very townie for how ke has reacted to other players even if he's not good at proactive. Many of ker posts are very brave and even if ke has never rolled scum before ker nervousness about team mafia shows ke would be less carefree here than ke has. I actually have changed my mind in liking this slot more than Evenstar, maybe more than Chemist but it is weird because Chemist is AFK.
Salamence20: Salamence has not been as fun as I hoped I would have hoped an unbanned user would be exciting. But he has been mostly townie boring. On the early pages his tone was town and the timing of when he stopped doing his own things and started sheeping Severa seemed more like townie exhaustion rather than Alchemist and Bitmap seem like they are ducking under it as a shield around their own thoughts. I really want to play with this player again in a game without Severa, although that doesn't mean I mind playing with Severa
Severa: I am "not townreading" Severa and it's possible that the way I should calibrate is that that means Severa is scum, sinc the two games where I felt that way he was scum, and in old newbies I townread him. In MG I scumread him but townread his partner but sometimes townread him and it's just like whatever I don't I don't want to think about hydras and feel like I shouldn't have too their not mafia sorry not sorry. Always remember this is a player that can convince people in LyLo that he somehow dodged all those NKs and is not scum but sometimes he is scum. But, anyways anytimes this is a special kind of player.
Sujimichi: Sujimichi's thoughts have seemed townie and he has posted a thing a townie would be thinking. There is not a lot of volume of them though. The things he does post seem easier to fake then Chemsit IMO. It look slike maybe he will be replaced? I would give his slot a small head start not a huge one. But the most important thing. Sujimichi is cute. No one should ever deny this or I will use my dead thread daykill.
TemporalLich: I feel like this players first ~8 post were extremely very extremely scummy and the next however many not so much. People are misrepping eachother calling him LHF over his recent posting being not so bad when his very early posting was so much "scum posts this and town does not post this". His later posts make you question a little bit whether he would be able to make them emotionally but with the way resignation can sometimes be freeing for scum I'm not sure that has a clearing effect.
Venus and Mars: I think the proportion of scumreads:townreads from this slot is very circumstantially suspect as Kerset hinted at at some point or maybe wasn't hinting but I am hinting right here right now right cheow. It seems like a consequence of noticing the trajectory of the town is mislynch trajectory so it's better to do townreads you can reneg on rather than scumreads that could jerk a spotlight that has been very flexible. And also I think ND usually finds something offtempo she would be upset about and I find it suprising/implausible she'd get the different read from me on how Gamma is playing. I would keep my eye here but Shiro is slowly posting more and more and she's easier to read than ND imo so there's that.

cool that is everyone i will finish my nuts then play some FE then sleeps
gn
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1508 (isolation #107) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

Farkran is scummy. He is doing a reliable job of mimicking his high level of analysis he has as town, but the analysis is seems low quality/wrong too often, in ways where it'd be okay if it happened once but over and over it seems like he's being forced to scumread town or townread scum or use the correct answer and work backwards.
Salamence pointed out Venus and Mars are sheeping less than Alchemist, but I would go way further and say nothing about V&M iso is particularly sheepy, V&M has one of the more independent isos to me. Accusing them of being sheepy for reaching the same
conclusions
of other players seems like something that would only occur to a Farkran that is frustrated by a correctly identified townblock or delighting in teasing a slot for making the same misread the rest of the game is.
Sorry he missed my late night readslist.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1509 (isolation #108) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Farkran
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1546 (isolation #109) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1476, Farkran wrote:
Show me where you are using your own thoughts as opposed to move people up and down your internal readlist because so far i have only seen general consensus reads coming from you, which MIGHT be ok but i would expect at least some concern when your instinct leads you to vote already populated wagons rather than doubt the town-motivation of any of those wagons.

TL;DR please produce a detailed readlist with only your own thoughts.
This is where you call V&M a sheepy slot? And I don't think it's the only time?
I'm surprised you're trying to walk it back rather than trying to justify it.

I'm not sure why you're voting me. I've read you correctly 0/1 times, a BoP that town!pops would never misread you is silly. Do you not understand my reasoning for disliking your slot?
I think Alchemist, Gamma, and TL are all better lynches than you, or at least I did think that, but if you're just going immediately scumlock me for voting you and start speculating associatives there's not much ability to work with you here. The progression's not making sense to me.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (isolation #110) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

I actually didn't read LyLo or even LyLo -1 of the teacher newbie, I was too focused on modding Undertale Semi-open or something. I wouldn't be surprised if Kerset is easy to read in later phases of the game though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (isolation #111) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1543, Farkran wrote:
Despite what any of you may think, pops is actually an awesome player.
butbut
In post 2580, Lady Eventide wrote: Pops: Worst Townie Award 2019
don't strip away my awards they are all that I have!!!!!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1557 (isolation #112) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

No, you were even more pro-town in the Nexus game. I thought it was remarkable that you were almost as townie in the teacher game, but you weren't actually townier.

Sounds like you're just a little more pleased with yourself than you should have been. But only a little. You did play great that game.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1560 (isolation #113) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think the point that I would rely less on gut and more on reasons to read you is true, but it's exactly what I am doing. I'm tallying up how many times I think your analysises didn't strike home and saying it seemed like too many, rather than picking out one of them and tracing the process and saying my gut says the way you're speaking it has a scum perspective. It's a lot more emotionless. It reminds me of the method I tried to read LLD to the second time I played with her, basing it on what was accomplished by her post instead of its style. As a result of being colder it's less confident, being my 4th strongest scumread in a 13p game is not a heavy hitting position.
You're exaggerating my confidence level. If you flip town I'm going to feel a little frustrated because I can correct an errant read but it's a lot harder when people treat me like I'm not allowed to have reads I don't treat like sane cop investigations
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1563 (isolation #114) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

The only read I know for sure is wrong in alignment identification is on me. The alignment reads I'd disagree with the way you've shaded Evenstar throughout the game, and townreading Alchemist at all. But I care more about your analysises being weaker than I expect so often. Your analysis on Kerset that matches mine was good and makes sense but it's been the exception, not the rule, if you flip scum I would think Kerset is town because you'd have a harder time making that for a partner. But your reasoning on Evenstar's jumpiness never looked into why she would be jumpy. Your reasons for townreading Alchemist don't make sense, it's positional seems to ignore the WIFOM presented to Alchemist for which wagons he could be following, and it makes lots of sense for players with his style to be very aware of that. And even when you scumread Bitmap and I agree with the final read your reasoning seems off to me, you're accusatory of different levels of humor across 2 games which is NAI and once again complain about someone being a jumpy player which is just weak. You have to look at specific jumps and determine why the jump is scummy. Jumping around on it's own isn't scum indicative, it's NAI or slightly town indicative since a loyal Mafiosi has 20% fewer lily pads to jump on.
The N&M thing is the most recent chapter.
It's not that I have these hardreads that I want to BoP you for not matching (which is kind of what you're doing to me?), it's that you keep analyzing patterns that don't mean anything so you can post analysis in the thread. Don't worry about any hard reads dying with me, I don't have any reads any stronger than TL!scum and Kers!town.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1564 (isolation #115) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:21 am

Post by popsofctown »

V&M keeps making me want to post a picture of the new Venus evo.
I kind find a picture of her online though so I will have to unlock her in the game.
Then I will post it.
She is animified Roman mythology Venus not Sailor Moon Venus.
But still cool.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1565 (isolation #116) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

*can't
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1588 (isolation #117) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

Town, because Sujimichi is really good at projecting town, presumably. :roll:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1596 (isolation #118) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't mind being misread, but my sujimichi townread is an example of how silly your strawman is.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1601 (isolation #119) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

1588 doesn't have to do with anyone's alignment really, it has to do with showing the kind of stupid confbiased shit Severa will say when he's not getting his way.
Jokes aside Sujimichi is town but anyone having that locked hard somehow has access to more posts than everyone else does
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1613 (isolation #120) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

I had you pegged as more of an axe user
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1618 (isolation #121) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1614, Severa wrote:Evenstar = Edelgard?
That is impressive linguistic similarity, but really I just kind of think of Evenstar as someone who would have a fighting style of a weapon that is usually slower but stronger, and effective against the cowards using lances, independent of Edelgard.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1620 (isolation #122) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

Salamence is a sword user.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1621 (isolation #123) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

Farkran is an archer type pokemon
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1626 (isolation #124) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

I found a way to combine 6 monster's skill in a way that goes infinite and can clear any Puzzles and Dragons dungeon of arbitrarily high difficulty without playing the puzzle game the game is based on at all, so like as the dungeon being attempted does not have any special mechanics (which is true of a few significant dungeons actually).
I made a video of this and got lots of reddit upvotes.
That's my own weird irrelevant flex submission, it spews Gamma scum ftr
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1628 (isolation #125) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

EBWOP: So long as
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1638 (isolation #126) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm enjoying myself much more than MG taking this attitude; I'd definitely do it again.
I'm aware Severa is never changing his mind and the wagon is never not sheeping so I'm not bothering with defensive stuff. It'd only hurt town. If you want to "not complain" it should be because Severa doesn't get this certain incorrectly that often; it shouldn't be because I'm skipping going through the motions on an exercise he's made pointless.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1641 (isolation #127) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

I mean the counterwagon is pointless too.
Farkran's not SS tier scummy. Just medium scummy.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1642 (isolation #128) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

Severa you don't ever have to feel bad for misreading me.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1648 (isolation #129) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

Would it make you happier if I played, Eva? You did mention that laziness makes you sad earlier.

I will play if it makes you happy.
I assure you it won't make a big difference, but I do like you. You gave me an award.

pedit: Hm. I think I would use it on Gamma. I don't think he would be the likeliest to flip scum, but I think he's the most dangerous as scum, because I'm worried about how consistent Severa reads people who have lunged at him. I think TL, Alchemist, Bitmap, and Farkran* are scummy but Severa and the town as a unit can course correct them more easily.

There's this whole theory discussion about using vigs based on consensus even when consensus is wrong because you conclude mislynches before they actually have to happen, I'm undecided about that and don't want to think about it.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1659 (isolation #130) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1651, Evenstar wrote:
In post 1648, popsofctown wrote:
Would it make you happier if I played, Eva? You did mention that laziness makes you sad earlier.

I will play if it makes you happy.
I assure you it won't make a big difference, but I do like you. You gave me an award.

pedit: Hm. I think I would use it on Gamma. I don't think he would be the likeliest to flip scum, but I think he's the most dangerous as scum, because I'm worried about how consistent Severa reads people who have lunged at him. I think TL, Alchemist, Bitmap, and Farkran* are scummy but Severa and the town as a unit can course correct them more easily.

There's this whole theory discussion about using vigs based on consensus even when consensus is wrong because you conclude mislynches before they actually have to happen, I'm undecided about that and don't want to think about it.
Last I checked, Severa townreads all those people. What's your guess as to why are his reads are so different from yours?
Statistically Severa's reads are probably mostly right and mine are more likely to be wrong but I think there can be a scum in there that I am getting that he's not seeing.
That's if it's town!Severa, though, as scum!Severa depending on who his partners are and what his plan is he can have all sorts of reasons for picking reads.
His reads aren't necessarily as different as you think, I'm not sure how hard his Bitmap TR is and his stance on TL is no one should pretend to really be sure.

But yes, it's also popular all my reads are bad and I got d1 mislynched too, kick me when I'm down. I still feel much better about the way I played in terms of generating interactions and making a good effort to strike out some of my own reads.

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1662 (isolation #131) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

When's the next secret alt game I wanna masquerade again

pedit: Farkran in this game and any game I don't think I will ever be happy to hop onto your wagon :(
Even if I was scum
Maybe if I was scum in lylo, that would be the only possible case
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1666 (isolation #132) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't know if Severa is misreading me, I don't know Severa's alignment.

If Severa is town I think I've explained why Gamma is I think he'd get Gamma wrong here.

I don't understand how getting mislynched is supposed to make me see in high definition.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1667 (isolation #133) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm cooling a lot on Farkran scum and Venus scum compared to 1434.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1672 (isolation #134) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Severa + Alchemist seems like a possible scumteam based on how Severa was dismissive of the wagon on Alchemist, then made Kersetwagon seem exciting, then later shifted it over to me.
Evenstar posed the question about my unique town perspective with a built-in assumption that Severa is town though, I really don't understand why I'm supposed to make that assumption. That's a very very bad assumption fmpov because the universes where Severa is scum is the majority of the ones where scum win this game.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1674 (isolation #135) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

What's thunderdome?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1677 (isolation #136) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Why would I want to 1v1 Severa.

I like to support queue and play Lulu and shield people and get carried
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1679 (isolation #137) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Is alchemist21 a full metal alchemist reference?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1686 (isolation #138) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

What's your favorite full metal alchemist character I had most of the cards from that collab. I can show you while I am getting Venus to try to make Nancy drew happy.
I have two Edward Elric but if you evolve him into a cap and make another monster dress up as him it's stronger than just using him and it's expensive to devolve him.
But I have Riza Hawkeye, Ling Yao, Maes Hughes, Louis Armstrong and Winry Rockbell.
I will spoiler box it and you have to promise only to look if you're town
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1687 (isolation #139) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1684, Farkran wrote:While you are here, alch, would you like to take a stance on the current gamestate?
Needs more passive aggressive
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1691 (isolation #140) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not voting Kerset even if it would save my life. I townread ker now and hesitating to claim in response to the fake dayvig may/may not imply she is powerful.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1693 (isolation #141) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1689, Salamence20 wrote:Evenstar do you think I am dumb enough as scum to throw away 2 lives by going against townsevera and distancing from my scumbuddy?

I love to hardbus as scum, assuming pops and I are scum together why not just sit back and take the towncred I get from a pops scumflip.

This is a suicidal play if we are both scum, which I assure you can not be the case cause Im not mafia.

Regardless of Pops alignment I really dont see how breaking the mold makes me scum, in fact the seperation from sheeping severa should in theory make me town, regardless of how dumb you think I am.
your hypothetical is forgetting the P factor
Scum PTs with Pops in them are a Party full of Pizzazz, Pleasure, and Pizza so you would Protect Princess Pops.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1704 (isolation #142) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1702, Evenstar wrote:
In post 1672, popsofctown wrote:
Severa + Alchemist seems like a possible scumteam based on how Severa was dismissive of the wagon on Alchemist, then made Kersetwagon seem exciting, then later shifted it over to me.
Evenstar posed the question about my unique town perspective with a built-in assumption that Severa is town though, I really don't understand why I'm supposed to make that assumption. That's a very very bad assumption fmpov because the universes where Severa is scum is the majority of the ones where scum win this game.
If Severa is scum you cannot convince him to not lynch you. If Severa is cannot convince him to not lynch you. Therefore post puzzles and dragons characters.
FTFY
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1705 (isolation #143) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1704, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1702, Evenstar wrote:
In post 1672, popsofctown wrote:
If Severa is scum you cannot convince him to not lynch you. If Severa is town you cannot convince him to not lynch you. Therefore post puzzles and dragons characters.
FTFY
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1728 (isolation #144) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think that's L-1? I can claim but pls no hammer before I post my Ling and Venus
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1732 (isolation #145) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1730, Evenstar wrote:Cool, that means I can and should do this:
VOTE: Severa
I assume this is for my waifus and I appreciate it
I'm Sayaka Miki, my night action is a bodyguard. At 100 mana my superdisc protects both my target and myself instead of being a bodyguard. I also have a memoria that says my actions can't be disrupted by roleblock, only if the person I'm targeting has an effect on themselves like ascetic.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1734 (isolation #146) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

wtf?
Farkran, do not do that
I guess this is some kind of thing from MU, but like... that's not optimal play at all Eva.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1754 (isolation #147) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Uh, this is my entry!, Prestissimo Agigato, charge charge accell accell blast, I picked charge disc because starting charge maximizes mana.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1756 (isolation #148) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Claiming to have access to role info to force through what you want has become cliché enough for you that I don't really know whether it's town indicative. I don't even have to wonder whether this setup could have two bodyguards because it's much more likely this is fake guilty shit so that you don't have to argue to persuade people.

Whatever. Just hammer. That's such an obnoxious way for you to play.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1757 (isolation #149) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Sorry Farkran I'm done playing.

See you guys in another game.

Join my mini theme when it's in queue.

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2093 (isolation #150) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2084, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2037, Severa wrote:Btw I need a waifu mechanically
What is a waifu?
Still not interested in playing a fake-guilty gamestate but this deserves a picture explanation

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2149 (isolation #151) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Lynch Severa in LyLo -1
He's too useful before, but too persuasive in LyLo
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2159 (isolation #152) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

My Sayaka Miki crumb was very fancy
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3114 (isolation #153) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

Scum lost the dayplay, town would win pretty much any mini theme setup the way the dayplay was setup.

That said, although it creates twice as much frustration as disadvantage, making the flavor of abilities closely parallel what they mechanically do AND refusing the provide flavor safeclaims was incredibly dumb. RC said I claimed bodyguard because I thought it was a good fakeclaim. In the tiebreaker against other things I thought I could believably claim for Sayaka Miki, yes it was, but actually I mostly had to claim an ability that would match whatever Sayaka Miki actually does, because Sayaka Miki was the only unit I could find that had the same 5 discs as my real character, who had a 4 star rarity which reduced the chance of getting flavor counterclaimed, but still didn't eliminate it. True flavorclaiming was impossible because the victim of my ability basically would get informed my flavorclaim, they'd get the "bewitched" effect, then be informed what it does, and after being informed what it does would probably say "yeah only scum ever gets this ability."

I've never seen a moderator run a theme and be willing to box the scum in like this, other moderators have always had some mix of: willing to provide flavor safeclaims, wide pool of possible flavor, flavor only has moonlogic connection to the role's abilities, or yknow the really common one, "roleblocking someone doesn't result in a PM saying "the person with the Flavor of X performed a roleblock on you btw".

The moderator was really good on votecounts and flip flavor and a lot other elements of the setup but I don't see eye to eye with him on this and would never join any game he mods ever again.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3115 (isolation #154) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 3098, Farkran wrote:
In post 3086, Kerset wrote:Fark you carried this game.
:oops:

You're probably the only one thinking that way, but i'm happy that you believe it regardless. RC had a HUGE part in winning this game, i'm respecting that. Also TL almost screwed up in d1 and d3 but ultimately his neighborizing choices have won this game, there's no question about that.

@pops, if you're interested in post-game, next time you should pocket me hard :shifty: i would probably have fallen for it. Your push on me was a lightning out of the blue, i know why you did it and i have to thank RC for saving my ass there, but... yeah, i would probably have defended you if you tried a pocketing strategy. I have a weak heart.
I don't like to use pocketing strategies when I play scum. I'm not very good at scum and maybe I'd be a better scum player if I did but mostly I try to mimic my towngame
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3116 (isolation #155) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

I want the scum PT either unreleased or some time to make redactions or just like all my posts redacted

I was cranky in the scum PT
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3124 (isolation #156) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 3117, Farkran wrote:
In post 3114, popsofctown wrote:snip about the setup
I can agree to your analysis but why didn't you just claim your true flavor, i.e. emiri kisaki? She was tied to a bewitching ability but that's not inherently scummy. I was a stunner/poisoner/bewitcher and we had another roleblocker in kerset's charm.

Or you could make up some other bullshitty ability like bewitching on vote, aimed bewitch on magia working on scum only, etc. I think that the key to exploit this setup was that you could freely claim any shitlike idea that your imagination gave birth to. Everyone was a power role, they were fairly distant to their standard mafia counterparts, and there was plenty of variance to all abilities - this should have allowed some safe creative claims like the one Kerset used to bait the NK.

I have no experience with other theme/flavor-based games, so my opinion is only relevant to this specific game.
Bewitching is a roleblocking role and yes that's inherently scummy. It's a role that mods tend to give to scum more often than town, even if they give the role to both scum and town.
Bewitching is an extra scummy roleblocking role because of the mana sap, which creates long term damage on the player you targeted. This design makes more sense for scum than town, a scum wouldn't ever change their mind about whether a player is on the opposing team, but town would.

If I flavor trueclaimed, the roleblock also becomes a public action. Every person I roleblock, they can claim I roleblocked them, so then for the rest of the whole game I'd have to roleblock people I was claiming to scumread in the thread, instead of roleblocking people I think have good reads. That's pretty rough. As a scum roleblocker you don't really want to be in a position where someone can post in thread "I'm going to cop popsofctown tonight" and roleblocking that player is public and becomes a scumclaim.

It's maybe the correct play to claim roleblocker, people trueclaim as scum roleblocker all the time. I bet mafia goons claim town roleblocker occasionally, even. I'm upset with the flavor railroading and funneling what's available to claim, though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3132 (isolation #157) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

I will point out there's a difference between me being mad-mad that I lost a winnable game because of a modding imperfection, versus a sort of hypothetically mad where the dayplay went so strongly it is actually moot, but I am really concerned about what do-overs could look like.

It's definitely not the worst thing ever.

When I saw more willingness from the mods about fakeclaim assistance I was pretty confused because it hadn't been offered initially and I had touched on the topic enough that I thought it would have already been offered if it was available.

I would maybe play another TK game if he'd make changes; I'm not used to seeing a closed setup mod admitting to a millimeter of fault ever.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3134 (isolation #158) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't really like to criticize things in PMs because then I can't be monitored in a case where maybe I need it.

Exhibit A : RC being super cranky in the dead PTs and stopping because bystanders kept telling him he needed to tone it down.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3138 (isolation #159) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

I want to roll town against Evenstar scum
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3145 (isolation #160) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

I wanna play with Farkran again

Probably the main reason I /inned this one
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3160 (isolation #161) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Sujimichi will you play with me again?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3168 (isolation #162) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 3162, RadiantCowbells wrote:Unless you finish three houses
One playthrough of any of the three houses, or all three houses each required?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3174 (isolation #163) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 3172, Farkran wrote:Can i ask a question though?

I have already said how much i respect RC and his strategy, even after playing with him only once it's immediately evident that he has above average reads and he's an extremely charismatic player - he probably deserves the paragon award and many others, out of experience and skill alone. I'm going to insist on this premise because i don't want to sound like i am belittling his contribution in this game or his ability to read and lead town in general.

But why would you use this specific game as his validation? The description given in the reference is not accurate. Everyone except bitmap and possibly TL voted (or didn't vote) pops for different reasons, especially when she got CCed.
He townread alchemist for a large portion of d1, he scumread me and evenstar initially, then kerset, then chemist. He wanted to lynch salamence d2, but what forced the lynch was the stun scumslip, not RC's charisma - we might have lynched him due to RC command too, but we don't know how the game would have unfolded without the failed stun claim. His stance on V&M was unclear, but from what i read it looks more like he at least scumleaned them until suji misvigged claiming to have sheeped RC (corroborating the fact that his read was, at least, potentially misinterpretable). The rest of the game was solved mechanically rather than based on reads.

If anything, this game is an example of how town!bitmap was submissive to RC's will, and how scum!salamence was afraid of his influence - up to the point that he fell for an evidently bullshitty parity cop claim. As town it's usually a good thing to sheep town!RC, just as much as it is bad to be afraid of him as scum. But, really, this is a display of how much he is idolized by the community rather than how much he is good at this game.

Again, this doesn't mean that he isn't good at this game or that he doesn't deserve an award for being significantly more skilled than the average player. However, if you don't think other players deserve ANY credit for this specific town win and RC carried this game by himself, you are entitled to have your own opinion. I posted this to dissociate myself from a description that says "RC forcibly led town to lynch the whole scumteam" because it's just not true in this specific instance.
Salamence was unfamiliar with RC's reputation when he fell for the parity cop claim that sorted him. That's why he fell for it. That's actually what makes me less impressed about it, I doubt Salamence would have reacted the same way if he'd been in magical girls where RC also fake claimed a day investigative role, which is naturally suspiciously high power level. Actually, I was skeptical the first time I saw it, in magical girls, which means it was less effective for sorting me, in that case I was skeptical of it but emotionlessly sheeped it because 5% chance it's real and that's the correct vote 95% chance he rescinds it for L-1. He stated that the entire purpose of that fake cop claim was to sort me specifically, and didn't correctly sort me specifically, because scum!pops and town!pops are going to respond to claim they find very very dubious too similarly.

By less impressed about it, I don't mean it's not the right play, or that he won't win a game that way again (against not-Salamence20), it's just less interesting to me than sorting methods that will work time and time again, like the way he does flashwagons and measures the response to pressure.

RC did kind of correctly read slots just before mechanics suggested those reads were correct anyway. Since the point of the award is to measure his strength as a player in the sense of, do you predict this player will play well in his next game, I don't think the mechanical clears and indictments should detract from the game being appropriate for being included in a body of work nom (it'd break the spirit of some single game noms, like White Knight). If his next game is a 10:3 mountainous and he plays as well as he did here I think he wins before LyLo if his teammates are average.

The observation that RC gets a meta edge with regards to people sheeping his reads before he even explains them because historically he's been very accurate is true, I guess, like if he made a secret alt tomorrow it would probably have a lower town winrate (actually, it'd have a drastically higher town winrate when the secret alt didn't get NKed, but let's say the secret alt plays nightlesses). It makes me a little sad because I find persuading eachother about reads one of the most interesting things in the game. His high read accuracy is a much rarer skill than being able to talk someone into the lynch you want without trusting your record, though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3176 (isolation #164) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

I didn't even think about BoP scumreads tbh
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3178 (isolation #165) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 3167, Kerset wrote:
In post 3145, popsofctown wrote:I wanna play with Farkran again

Probably the main reason I /inned this one
Especially that you inned before he did.
Kerset is savage about my Alzheimer's.

I think it kept me from /outing before Bitmap could hammer it, maybe.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3179 (isolation #166) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't really see why that nom writeup would mention positive things about other players' play when the nom writeup is for RC so like, I don't see the issue?

I mean if it makes you feel better the judges who judge the category will be expected to read this game, the blurb in the nom is just a hook.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3185 (isolation #167) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

RC is very good at getting people to vote the way he wants them to independent of his reputation.

The characterization is true even if it is a little off to pick this particular game for that characterization since people would have voted with him for their independent reasons in several cases.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3187 (isolation #168) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

Kerset play with me again
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3198 (isolation #169) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 3191, Kerset wrote:
In post 3187, popsofctown wrote:Kerset play with me again
We are both in Menalque's 13-player mini normal already.
Do you want have time to be backup mod?
Yesssssss
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3199 (isolation #170) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

Kerset said "with RC's permission" why the heck is everyone accusing ker of actually exposing the posts without consent
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3205 (isolation #171) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 3200, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3199, popsofctown wrote:Kerset said "with RC's permission" why the heck is everyone accusing ker of actually exposing the posts without consent
I’m not. But do you seriously think that RC would go through all the trouble of having those posts redacted if he really wanted anyone to read them?
Thatsthejoke
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3208 (isolation #172) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The queues look pretty full, it might be a different world by the time the game fires.

I don't think I'll be in it, I need to do more opens and normals
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3211 (isolation #173) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm guessing it's more popular because it's a upick where you can pick some character you like instead of rolling a gacha to some game you're unfamiliar with.

Pretty impressive pre-in queue fill though.
The two mini themes that are actually in queue aren't strong competition
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3213 (isolation #174) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

you tricked me into this game and I will never forgive you
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”