Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #131 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 33, Elsa Jay wrote:Okay, let's look at it a different way I suppose.

12 of us have neighborhoods, so 6 in total. 3 scum, 1 in each neighborhood. 3/6.
I've been informed math is scummy VOTE: Elsa Jay
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 30, Pine wrote:
In post 24, OkaPoka wrote:But like titus explain to me the value of outting all the neighborhoods
She’s saying that the Doc is more valuable as an Innocent Child than as a Doctor. I’m not sure I agree, but there’s merit in the suggestion
You're really bending your branches to get to any merit in this. A secret doctor has both "Lynchproof in LyLo minus X" and the ability to protect people each night, an outed doc has "Lynchproof in LyLo minus X" and "1- shot lightning rod".
In post 103, OkaPoka wrote:have you ever played with scum me ?
I have and I'm kind of vibing with 102. I'm not as much of an expert on Titus though, I've blacked out the memory of our only scumteam due to emotional scarring.
In post 106, Elsa Jay wrote:The earth is Square.
That's geometry this is on purpose isn't it????
In post 127, Pine wrote:I'm going to tackle this in the morning. I have a deep gut feeling that there's either a setup break or at least a mandatory-once-we-see-it strategy in the setup.
There definitely is: Name Townies should claim before L-1 in open setups, because it confirms them town.
Same as every setup in the history of ever.
There's fancy bells and whistles but nothing ontop of that core strategy.
Phone operator+doc+2 neighbor partners of scum (after that scum has died) is a pretty high number of Named Townies for a setup which is "different" but there's nothing else "different". You can try to use the neighbor PT to improve your scumhunting... in the one game a year where we have special 4p hydras for that.... even though empirically that results in more scum pockets than improved read accuracy.
In post 133, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 131, popsofctown wrote:

12 of us have neighborhoods, so 6 in total. 3 scum, 1 in each neighborhood. 3/6.
I said YOUR math was scummy. I am a faultess perfect character who can contradict themselves perfectly fine.
disney
In post 142, Krazy wrote:
In post 128, OkaPoka wrote:after some talking with teammates

setup isn't actually breakable unless we hit both scum very early with doc saves
There are three things that confuse me in this post, can you find them all?
In the world where this is a scumslip, it has to be the subset of worlds where oka poka still feels the nightkills are mysterious and inscrutable, and is allowing his teammates to yolo the nightkills
I've only played with scum Oka in nightless but I suspect this venn diagram is simply an oval.
But more seriously I feel like Oka is the greenest tonal slot in the game so far and isn't where I'd go to nitpick wordings. I think you're teasing here though
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 157, Something_Smart wrote:I just like neighborhoods for gambiting and reaction testing ngl. Having a place where you can document what you're really thinking while you say something else is very useful.
If you actually do anything remotely approaching this for other teammates in other contexts you owe me some rerolls
It's a potential use but you seem the last person I'd expect to suggest it
In Crown I asked my neighbor to pretend she was scumreading so I could get my scumkill equity lower
I figured out she was scum and that ruined my fun :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 161, Krazy wrote:
In post 157, Something_Smart wrote:I just like neighborhoods for gambiting and reaction testing ngl. Having a place where you can document what you're really thinking while you say something else is very useful.
But have you tried just saying what you're really thinking in the main thread? :P
S_S is actually one of the more transparent players as town. People just aren't willing to accept that his townplay is so different.
liberally putting [v[ tags around his thoughts, though, well..
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Oka tone
In post 22, OkaPoka wrote:Just claim when your neighbor dies

Only one death a phase
This haikuish post kind of reflected frustration with Titus' lolclaim alongside the correct theory solve
In post 37, OkaPoka wrote:Odds are you will be pocketed in your pt lol
If he's a scum this thought is a cackle
cackles have to be kept in the scum pt because sometimes they get the witch screetchy to them
rolling red with him I feel like Oka gets that
he had to feel confident to post this, it didn't come off cackly though
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

you can only cast chandra with red mana
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

no S_S just did some correct setup solving that's within his scumrange

I am S_S memepolice you need to meme his idiosyncracies correctly
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

She is overwhelming consensus best chandra in magic
but more importantly you hurt her feelings and now I won't send you a pic of her with my cat.

@ND
Could you explain why you're sure about Krazy? I usually misread him. I know you pride yourself on meta and it's probably some of that
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I was typing a counterexample but then I remembered that Krazy alt flipped town so maybe you're right.
The last time I lost to him was from him being really really effective in persuading me directly moreso than painting different pictures so maybe my TM teammates could be really helpful here.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 198, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 178, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Krazy is so super obvtown it hurts.
In post 197, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Strongest tr are on Titus, Oka, Pops, Elsa, SS.

I still think Krazy is town because I don’t see anything scummy in his ISO.

Naci, weak townlean

Amrun ???
Pine ???

DDL - prob scum

His naked vote and opening fake looking tryhard post, look scummy to me. It reads like he thinks Elsa is an easy mislynch, so he didn’t have to bother giving actual reasons for his read or vote.
how do you go from super confident to krazy town to ehh nothing scummy so poe town
I did challenge her to justify it. It actually seems like a pretty townie progression to cool on it, sometimes when I'm asked to review my reasons for a read and the tally doesn't get as high as I remembered I ease off on it.
In post 201, Amrun wrote:Holy fuckballs, Titus is town, and right.

Someone please tell me why we shouldn’t mass claim everything?

Massclaiming leaves us with dr vs mafia roleblocker, and phone operator.

That’s a 50% chance of lynching right and leaving us with a town confirm. I feel like that’s pretty good.
L-1 claims are identical to massclaim claims with respect to the lynch, but fundamentally different with respect to the factional nightkill, as long as it is LyLo-X+1 where X is the number of living mafia member to punish for audacious counterclaiming, after and assuming you lynch incorrectly among the counterclaimers.
The idea behind massclaiming in opens is you do them in LyLo-X when this isn't true anymore. You can even be brave and skip that and try to lynch correctly amongst counterclaimants.
We're in LyLo minus.. 4? LyLo minus so high I don't want to count.
I feel really sad that people don't love/understand/treasure opens more
In post 204, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 201, Amrun wrote:Massclaiming leaves us with dr vs mafia roleblocker, and phone operator.
What?

There isn't even a mafia roleblocker in this setup.

Massclaiming leaves the doctor outed and provides no further benefit.

Although I do think that, between them knowing their neighbors aren't doctor and the rolecop and people accidentally (or intentionally) giving away information, they'll know who the doctor is by D3 at the latest. So maybe we should mass neighbor claim on like D2.
Not the pessimist I need but the pessimist I deserve. Or how does the phrase go
In post 218, Something_Smart wrote:I'm so concerned right now.
I laughed so loud. Just, a burst.
In post 224, Eddie Cane wrote:Bro can you please not do an annoying gimmick
Why does it annoy you? Like, Hectic when he's not doing gimmicks is probably going to be more Hectic than this. This is at least partially Thilbert. I'm not very familiar with you, so maybe/likely you haven't played with Hectic?

228 seems like using one of his gimmicks to dissociate himself from his stances/alignment rather than associate himself which makes me leerier, even though I never try to read Hectic's antics in terms of them being antics.

Unclear what's going to happen with regard to Hectic's break-the-fourth-wall humor being at odds with the letter of site rules.

bob, are you current on the thread?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

Pine have you played with Hectic?

I agree about the "angle" of his particular gimmick this particular game
But if you've played with Hectic I don't think you'd expect him to revere even Team Mafia.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 249, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 245, Amrun wrote:
In post 117, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 9, Titus wrote:I am neighbors with Hectic. We all should claim since scum scum hoods are impossible.
Titus wrote:Math's thoughts Nancy is town or scum with Elsa. Oka is lock!town. He's only read through page 1 though.

I'm not sure what to think on the strength of his reads.
Math... Hasn't commented in this game yet, but you claimed partners with Hectic.

The fuck?
Why wasn’t this accompanied by a vote if you thought it was a scum slip?
Because my vote was already on Titus? She was my,first vote.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Is that "townlock" or "townlean"?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 281, pisskop wrote:
In post 131, popsofctown wrote:

:neutral:

A little late for what feels like an RVS vote? Maybe this was an attempt to progress the game?
In realtime I realposted 40 minutes later, but it was an entire page later because of hyperposting and team mafia hype and etc

I see no harm in making my tardy RVS vote during my catchup. Regardless of how much Pine wants to be a tightwad mafia should be fun
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Pine before I tell you what Ali's read is how well do you think e can read you?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm on my phone so I can't quotewall what I want to quotewall

I disagree about never referencing teammates because teammates can have good reads, but if you pretend the reads are your own your read progression will look misfittingly scummy. I think people should talk about their own reads and teammates' reads and say which is which.

Okay still seems easiest to sort.

PR jokes are stressing me out scumteams are good enough to read those.

S_S feels off to me. He seems like he's mimicking his town meta instead of playing his town met because Oka's case seems like the last one is expect him to give the Socratic treatment
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Oka's pretty obvtown and even if you haven't gotten there yourself I think you seem collectivist enough to think the others of us who have said so.might be right. There's plenty of genuinely flawed reasoning having passed as gameplay around the same time. Like, why does an "experiment ing" push on ND make sense before she had any associations and when that's not a great way to sort Nancy in general.
That's just an example, not actually your specialty
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Krazy tried to coast Day 1 in the large normal I played with him and Magical Girls
He did elementally scummy things in AvP we shouldn't have ignored and thats probably a more reliable way to read him than activity, which is probably erratic from Schrodinger's sitequit also.

His okapoka omgus is legitimately unproductive and scummy, that's good reasoning
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

I read NaCl and S_S arguing and thought "S_S is totally right here", then I reread Eddie Cane's iso and got the weird gut ping I can't fully pin on "bro can you not do an annoying gimmick" again.

@bob S_S never votes ever, that's just S_S. As town in a game I modded he cast no votes at all until the 2 LyLos where the game couldn't progress without his vote. There are separate reasons he seems scummy this game
Pedit: pedit: yeah I like less and less how he's engaging with being pressured, VOTE: Something_Smart
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

I couldn't pick the verb
Pretend I posted whatever verb is correct idk
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

529 is obtuse and righteous. I think this particular game I discussed how I scumread righteousness?
Separately ou're answering Bob in ways that will look best to the rest of the thread rather than the ways that will persuade him and that seems survivalistic to me
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (isolation #22) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

I mean caring about being right and being recognized as being right and in the right. It's not actually important but scum care about it more than town. There's no sorting to do but there's plenty of people making right and wrong statements.
I think it's surprising past what should be plausible that you don't see why Bob has this scumread and I generally think of you as a player who can empathize with the reasons behind inaccurate scumreads so this is indeed very different from what I expect from town-you which is a recurring pattern this game
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:32 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm mobile so I can't trim 553 down but you're really playing word police and making SS look like a kettle instead of a pot. You know I meant "negative interaction", I don't give a rip whether you've decided to register with the courthouse for a net scumread or not. Yes I was cognizant of like 4 pages ago you said you weren't sure whether you want to scumread it.
How is this kind of nitpick going to win the mafia game?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Amrun, my scumread on S_S is not based on S_S being classically scummy, and more based on him doing the things I'm used to seeing him doing but slightly different in a way that feels more like times I've seen him as scum rather than as town. I usually hesitate to use meta, but S_S is such a weird player it's close to required, otherwise you're either going to policy lynch him every single game for not using his vote or townlock him as both alignments for never ever pushing an agenda when those things are just how S_S plays. I feel like meta has generally been the best way to read him, I misread him to be scum our first game together but was one of few reading him right in AvP because he seemed to be matching that first game just right.

I feel paranoid about whether skitter's assistance was about grave concern that I kill lonely doctors and cup-of-sugar-borrowers every night rather than finding a stance for you that doesn't suck, because "I always scumread Hectic, and I know that. Oh cool a Hectic wagon sure I'll vote Hectic" is pungently bad. If it really is the former can you point out some S_S post's. The fact of reality is S_S is probably going to reach LyLo or LyLo -1, I've never seen him not do so
wait vigilante is a perverse mafia role
. So I wanted my concerns on record. "skitter says S_S is obvtown" is something for the record too but something more tangible would be even better.

pisskop seems really earnest in his approach to the game this game, I really think he's town. I'm not sure how to explain it, it's kind of a tone thing? I don't think he's fully explained his Hectic read but that's not incongruous with town!pisskop. But then both Amrun's and Nancy's involvement in the wagon have involved explanations that feel worse to me than no explanation at all
In post 615, Pine wrote:
In post 600, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 597, Amrun wrote:I literally have never read a post of Hectic’s, ever, that I don’t find to be scummy.
I thought Hectic was towny in Crown on the Ground (where he was town).

I don't think he's towny here, but I also think he intentionally decided to troll this game.
Crown on the Ground was an unusual game, in that the scumteam was more or less caught D1. Easy to TR Townies in that environment.
You know what kind of environment makes it
really
easy to TR a towny, Pine, the environment where you have a cop innocent on the townie.

S_S was a "seeking Mason" in the game informed the game had at least 1 other seeking mason and Hectic crumbed his role clearly to S_S. Iirc S_S found the crumb before his first realpost, if I recall incorrectly he found it before Hectic was conftown to everyone at the end of day 1. I don't see why S_S didn't disclose that.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

Nancy's teammates are Auro, volxen, and Aristophanes. A bird that carries you over a disproportionately small gap doesn't have a representative in this game.
Idk if that would constitute "relaying a message" or whatever, this is my first team mafia, but like do you have a teammate on your own team you wanna ask? I'm asking my teammates for opinions instead of shopping around the whole universe. Ali said Pine was town, btw. It's not the main basis of my read there at this point tho
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 625, Amrun wrote:

@pops: I don’t like the insinuation that I don’t have my own reads.
I'm struggling to find anywhere where I said that. If anything, my complaint is that there was already a direction you were taking the game, and I'm not sure why you adopted a different one.
You seem so sure that's the thing I'm concerned with you're volunteering a readslist though??

pedit: I think skitter would have read the game and provided comments at the time she did no matter what you rolled, the difference between "this is what skitter said, but I'm still on Hectic here" and "forget what I was doing before I should captain a mislynch instead of sheeping one" is what I'm fretting over.

Guns & Roses one and two are the games I'm basing this on. I can't really do post references since it's mostly about what I feel is missing rather that what he's posted, which is the same reason I'm cooling on it which is an annoying time to be asked to cite references
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

In this game he seemed to respond to whatever had happened most recently, which matches Guns & Roses II. In AvP and G&R I I felt like he was more selective in what he would question someone about and respond to and it'd often seem like the same thing I would want to ask about. Here I haven't felt that matchup quite as often.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

How is your vote on me more useful? Assuming without granting I'm a player that's very sortable with votes on her, very few votes have accumulated on me but Hectic had several.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

Most people would adopt the school of thought that pressure votes improve utility superlinearly as they accumulate. I'm willing to buy you're in the minority in your thinking on that if you say so, though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (isolation #30) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

shit that was a math word can someone smokebomb elsa while I run?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

@Hectic
In post 528, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 526, bob3141 wrote:If you had to pick some to vote as they are teh player you think is most likely scum. Who woudl it be?
I don't think this question is helpful, because I don't have anyone I think is significantly more likely to be scum than random.

If I were to pick a scumread or a vote based off of very little things, that will have the effect of amplifying the read, probably causing people to believe it's stronger than it is and ask me to explain it and then be confused when my reasons aren't strong, and it may cause me to confbias on it.

Whereas, there's no benefit from doing so. I can be read just fine (in fact, probably better) without it.
This is one of S_S's posts that is one of his goodpostings

and its logic applies to how I am not eager to justify a read for the 999th time that I'm not sure about

With some effort I could articulate some elements of what's a mismatch, some of it is harder to articulate

I can tell you virtually none of the patterns were present in Crown, I don't know if that's incidental or if S_S tends to play IC differently.

VOTE: Krazy
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 707, Titus wrote:
In post 703, OkaPoka wrote:RC isn't on any team here
Amrun and him are on the same teams. Check the first post in each thread. Both have the word Gap.
They're different teams although you're making the case for why maybe they should have rejected the troll name that MathDino's team used.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

OkaPoka I don't remember you commenting on me yet
do you have thoughts yet?
I'm famous
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 710, Titus wrote:
In post 708, OkaPoka wrote:Titus how many shots
How many shots of what?
if it's not the One True Liquor vodka then we're not neighbors anymore </3
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 714, OkaPoka wrote:Pops i have a 1000 IQ solve that includes you

If I'm right you have to give up
I saw "1000" in this post and then saw your title and associated them cause big numbers

Then I looked at my own title and saw that it has changed to survivor, apparently like 13 posts ago or so

I reached Jack of all Trades only a couple months ago

I've been playing too much mafia

@Titus: any time we are drinking I am always buying
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think if I'm in your solve you have a 0% chance of being right
I still townread you though
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (isolation #37) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

To be fair I didn't provide reasoning in that post bob

But it's based on feelings I had before and how Pine's reframed the slot too
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (isolation #38) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

This isn't productive. I'm townreading most of the people spamposting here so I think it'd be protown to slow it down, I want to be able to figure out which of the DDLs and NaCls and Krazy Eddie Elsa Cane Jays are scum or town and if they're all having trouble catching up that's harder.

This setup would be great with neighbor rearrangements maybe if we asked Micc super nice.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #807 (isolation #39) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Does that mean you don't want to be in a hood with me :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (isolation #40) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 838, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 807, popsofctown wrote:Does that mean you don't want to be in a hood with me :(
In post 809, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 807, popsofctown wrote:Does that mean you don't want to be in a hood with me :(
I like my neighbour, they’re really cool. Perhaps a future game? :lol:
If you're town, you realize posts like these help mafia PR hunt the doc and contribute nothing to solving the game, right?
In this game, like every game, my posting will be a couple degrees off of my wincon for the sake of fun. I can only promise not to play perpendicular to my wincon, or opposite my wincon. If that's not tryhard enough for you please ask moderation to forcereplace me
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (isolation #41) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 852, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:VOTE: Hectic

I find that often sleeping on things tends to clarks things for me.

@Hectic, I really like you, think you’re really cool and have nothing but the highest respect for you but it was ironically one of the reasons that Auro tr Elsa that ultimately convinced me.

You seems really unhappy here, like you’re not really enjoying this game and I think it’s because you’re not town in this one.
This seems like a valid reason to scumread Hectic in a sea of invalid reasons to scumread Hectic. If he flips scum I wouldn't have Nancy down as one of the bussers.
In post 864, Something_Smart wrote:The way DDL is playing doesn't strike me as a way most people would play as scum, but it also isn't how I've seen him play as town in the past.

To anyone with meta, has he played ultra-passive and sheepy like this as scum before?
I think it feels similar to Death List and dissimilar to Magical Girls and he was town in both. It will be hard to read because sheeping is fundamentally a harder pattern to read than independent initiative, but I figure town!DDL will take whichever approach he thinks matches the day phase so I'll be able to read his play better when a different circumstance shows today or a different day.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (isolation #42) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 882, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 801, popsofctown wrote:This isn't productive. I'm townreading most of the people spamposting here so I think it'd be protown to slow it down, I want to be able to figure out which of the DDLs and NaCls and Krazy Eddie Elsa Cane Jays are scum or town and if they're all having trouble catching up that's harder.

This setup would be great with neighbor rearrangements maybe if we asked Micc super nice.
Ok let's play anti wincon

Why are you complaining about our hood when you have made not one attempt to engage with me in it? Reads to me as disingenuous posturing.
VOTE: Eddie Cane

I was speechless and bewildered at first
But the best explanation for why he would criticize someone for making role-fishable jokeposts then later DIRECTLY OUT HIS HOOD
is cogdis from rolling scum.
I don't think the cogdis on the town version of this makes a tenth as much sense unless the scumteam already knows our hood.

The hood is empty because I think hoods are where scum pocket townies and they're mostly useless. I mentioned that when Oka said it, it's in the main thread. But, um, asking me about that in the hood instead of giving the mafia two rolecop shots at the doctor would have been better????
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (isolation #43) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

it's not disingenuous posting, Eddie, it's jokeposting. Neighborhoods have never statistically been shown to improve town winrates across site history.
OUTING THE NEIGHBORHOOD TO WIN AN ARGUMENT is the perfect example caring more about being right than caring about who is scum
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (isolation #44) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

that actually helps me with the "would scum be that careless" layer of the wifom.

This seems like a definite.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (isolation #45) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

I almost spit on my monitor laughing at that pagetop
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (isolation #46) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think drunk!eddie remembers town!pops has an obligation to conceal the hood better than he remembers scum!eddie has to conceal a hood (which isn't actually concealed)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (isolation #47) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

Why didn't you post this in the neighborhood? The post was literally directed to me. Neither of us have used the hood at all, more or less. But I don't scumread hypocrisy. I will scumread a scumslip about which players are supposed to conceal setup information
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (isolation #48) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

did you lie about being drunk eddie
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (isolation #49) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 914, OkaPoka wrote:this is very good actually

i want

<elsa,nacl,ddl,bob,amrun> to take sides and comment on this
I would add S_S to that list particularly since he just posted. I expect most people to agree with me but I expect no one to be naturally opinionless

I'd add you to the list if I was scumreading you even a little bit but you can tactically hide your opinion I guess

I really hope I'm not overconfident from trying to mimic my town process when I bussed you before but I keep getting townpings from you
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (isolation #50) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:21 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 920, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 918, OkaPoka wrote:i was scum that was SO CLOSE to winnning
Oh ya get dunked on

I went 6-0 on mbaki until I quit mid day 1 in bulletproof when I decided killing scum
RC
was too much effort lol
WHAT DID WE SAY WAS THE RULE
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (isolation #51) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

ss you can go after oka's list but before oka how about that
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #928 (isolation #52) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

are you british do you know how to queue?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (isolation #53) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 930, Something_Smart wrote:Okay... I still don't know what kind of comment you are actually looking for though.
Maybe you can watch what the people in front of you in the queue do and figure it out. Just like show and tell or speech day in class.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (isolation #54) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like pk is town here and have a pretty good track record reading him
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (isolation #55) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Moreso than OkaPoka I think I'd be able to go through his posts and lay it out for you

I don't think I have the nightkill equity where I need to worry about putting that on record, at this point.

Can I post it in our neighborhood?
I can make all the neighborhood jokes I want now I guess
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (isolation #56) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

To be clear it is - I have a generic townread on pisskop this game + - looking back at my record I'm like 3/4 reading pisskop well or something like that (never as scum to be fair)

not -I am this pisskop metareader and this is pisskop townmeta
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (isolation #57) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

no, correction, one of the times was scum

it was an open alt, makes the mental file cabinet tricky
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (isolation #58) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I haven't been sold on Hectic wagon, but it's got a lot of my townreads. Hm.
Lynching inside of outed neighbors is higher EV has improved EV because it gives the doctor what little concealment is left, that's in favor of Hectic lynch too. This might lead to everyone putting me on the losing end of a gladiate with Eddie but I'm going to point it out anyway, there's a lot of potential for mechanical advantage in this setup, especially if the doctor lands a protect or two and amplifies its benefits
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1118 (isolation #59) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

Watching Hectic get moderator'd and pressured into playing seriously is like watching the sad look on Mr. Incredible's face when he works his desk job after the government bans heroism all these feels
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (isolation #60) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't really like Pine's progression on the Hectic slot, it seems to track poorly with the quality of Hectic's responses. He shouldn't need teammates' help to be deductive instead of inductive.

the worst told me those buzzwords 1 time and now my brain can't stop using them
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (isolation #61) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's a data point. I've liked a lot of his other posts. I think he's netted to null. I can't remember whether I've stated how much I like the other posts itt or not.
NaCl is a really strange slot. He just randomly said "my teammate told me to vote the UTR so I'm now voting the UTR" and it seems too wolfy to be wolf. I can't make sense of it.
All these things seem like way smaller deals than Eddie Cane scumslipping so I feel like I'm on crazy pills

pedit: whoa like 8 pedits
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (isolation #62) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1142, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1126, Pine wrote:Site meta has gotten to the point where scum can pretty easily get away with being transparent for exactly that reason.
Occasionally, yes. If they did it too much, the meta would shift back.
Could you explain the meta feature you two are chatting about, this went over my head
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1156 (isolation #63) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1107, Amrun wrote: This is a bad wagon with a bad comp. it stinks.
In post 1130, Pine wrote:
In post 1128, OkaPoka wrote:Hmm

Pine why does two votes on me suggest hectic scum?
It doesn’t on its own. It’s evidence of counterwagoning.

VOTE: NaCl
In post 1132, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: nacl
In post 1150, pisskop wrote:VOTE: nacl

I don't think heck survives the game, tbfrank.
In post 1152, Amrun wrote:Ok with NaCl wagon too.
I don't think Amrun is town in this game of mafia
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (isolation #64) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

Bob would you vote Amrun with me?

I still think Eddie is the correct day 1 lynch on this game thread but only Hectic believes in me.

I don't think there's any subset Amrun can come up with that doesn't make this really ugly for her. And she's repeatedly posted an implausibly strong scumread on my slot, yet my being offwagon wasn't enough to keep her from disliking Hecticwagon's "comp".
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (isolation #65) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:32 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1168, OkaPoka wrote:Amrun aren't you voting pine
She's scum
VOTE: Amrun
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1175 (isolation #66) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1169, Pine wrote:And memeing IS a problem. It’s counterproductive as Town and often used as cover for low content by scum
Is this why you replace out of our scumteams :cry:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1185 (isolation #67) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1182, Amrun wrote:@bob: the worst parts of the Hectic wagon were
Pine
, DDL, and Elsa Jay,
none of whom are on NaCl
. Pine being on NaCl is a big reason I’m voting Pine over NaCl. Pisskop and Oka, who happened to be on the Hectic wagon, are townreads of mine, so I don’t mind them being on NaCl at all.
You can't even write out posts without falsities because it's so postproduced and fake
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (isolation #68) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1186, Amrun wrote:
In post 1185, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1182, Amrun wrote:@bob: the worst parts of the Hectic wagon were
Pine
, DDL, and Elsa Jay,
none of whom are on NaCl
. Pine being on NaCl is a big reason I’m voting Pine over NaCl. Pisskop and Oka, who happened to be on the Hectic wagon, are townreads of mine, so I don’t mind them being on NaCl at all.
You can't even write out posts without falsities because it's so postproduced and fake
I did misspeak there, I meant to leave Pine out of that top list since I was talking about him in the next sentence and forgot to change it. Since it’s very clear in that same post that I knew Pine is on NaCl, this is (frankly) just a stupid post.
No, it's
not
a stupid post, because it shows you're not retracing a thought process you actually had, you are making it up afterwards.
From your posting you "scumread" Pine more emphatically than DDL or Elsa Jay, that's not the one you'd forget.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (isolation #69) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

If you were actually doing reads as town, Pine's presence on NaCl's wagon would be an emotional stain on it that you'd remember at every turn, not insert in one part of your post and fail to insert in another part
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1197 (isolation #70) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

So those types of errors aren't scum indicative
but if you had rolled scum this game
you
would have ensured
that you didn't make any such errors, by scouring your posts to make sure you remove them, because of how NAI they are.

I think you meant to say you would have a different post if the edit feature wasn't disabled in mafia game threads?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1275 (isolation #71) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not positive he's town, I'm not the best ambassador for SS town

Oka pisskop is my top townread besides you, I feel like every other game could flip scum without me feeling like the tables and chairs are on the ceiling
Do you want me to do towncasey stuff
I'm at a weird mix of ragestration where I don't feel like doing nice things
But if you care I can find what about his posts I liked
I don't know if I could do that if you'd just ignore it.

Pine would be the better pi-name of the two to be wagoning

pedit: wow there are pedits
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (isolation #72) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

S_S's approach to the setup is that last of my concerns about him because the setup is a powder keg of premature claiming behavior

pedit: I did think it was really weird that he was defending memeing
when I rolled scum with him in guns he wouldn't let me meme :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1612 (isolation #73) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

NaCl I could not ignore you but I would prefer to ignore you.
Your posts are all like flavored water, and all vaguely scummy, but kind of pleasant. I read some of your games when we rolled scum together wondering "how effed are we", and then found out "oh, wow, he's just always like this", and felt dumb for bussing.
You are a class of player I feel like puts genuine effort into playing the game but doesn't accomplish much by it. S_S is usually like that, which is why I was excited that he felt like anything different from that this game. I can think of other players like that, but I have a rule about trashing people's play if-and-only-if-I-have to because they're in the game and it's relevant, so no further examples.
It makes you very hard to sort the way S_S and I would expect you to be in lots of LyLos.
Apart from not wanting to be candid because I actually do like you it's just really bad mafia that a slot like yours is getting attention when Eddie and Amrun are doing things that Actually Terrible and people won't listen to me about those nor even actually do the acceptable runner-up misplay of mislynching me because they think I'm making it up. The spotlight of this game is either managed by scum or incompetence.
I care a lot more about deepwolves than scoreboard right now

I actually have no idea what I could possibly do to rerail the game though. Eddie is just openly admitting to wagoning a player he thinks is less likely to flip scum, in a way the conspicuously aligns with not wanting his neighbor to actually become dead and incriminate him and/or not wanting to continue a dialogue with that neighbor when he's currently winning public opinion and only has it to lose. Like he can clearly just do what he wants now. Ali told me in discord something about how e catches scum that'd I'd never heard before, e said, "you often see with scum, spending a certain amount of time acting a certain way [this is paraphrase by the way even though I used the quote character, no banns Micc], doing the things that would get them townread, trying really hard. Then they get townread. And there is this flick of the switch where they realize they don't have to do it anymore. And they change and do the things they want to do. That's when you can catch them." E said he saw Dannflor doing that. The thing Ali hasn't exactly explained to me is how you work with that if you didn't roll vig, because Dannflor was never actually lynched. So now I'm just full of despair. I think Eddie may have already endgamed the 15p.

pedit: well that is an improvement
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1626 (isolation #74) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

Please don't call me "kid" or any other noun that doesn't describe me.

I think my vote is on Amrun right now, it'd be about the same as if it was on Eddie. Moving it doesn't matter, people changing their minds would matter more than the integers next to the names.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1650 (isolation #75) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

Pine's replaced out of scumgames so much recently I feel like it's alignment indicative that he's not in prodge mode a 9 page per day game. I know it's wrong but it's the truth. I don't actual have a sort on his play itself, his play itself is just emphatically existent in gamestate where he could have gotten a pass.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1654 (isolation #76) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1653, Amrun wrote:I don’t think higher activity during Team Mafia is AI. Most people tryhard a little more for this.
I couldn't encompass everything I want in the word "prodge mode", but I can feel from his posts that he didn't grimace at the computer about having to make the post, regardless of how -some sort of post- would be there no matter what because of teammates
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1659 (isolation #77) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

Pine says he really really likes me, but replaced out of Assassin mafia. It's something about the way he's had to approach the alignment lately, not enjoyment.

It's hypothetically possible he secretly doesn't like me and just says that and is scum IRL but I choose to go with the other thing.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1661 (isolation #78) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Oka the obvtowning is really cool but sorting your slot is not what's wrong with this game T_T
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1662 (isolation #79) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

I was really mad at Amrun for lots of reasons and kind of diverted it about the scumslip. I still think it's scum indicative but sanity check it probably is a smaller thing
It's much more scum indicative that she will only townread people who aren't getting wagoned anyway and is on all the wagons and approves of people she scumreads forming wagons to go mislynch people without her.
It's all less scum indicative than Eddie's play this whole game.
VOTE: Eddie for symbolism and all that
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1666 (isolation #80) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

If I had to pick a "vanity wagons aren't wagons" wagon for pk's sake I would say that Elsa has a point about the movement off of Hectic's wagon and underneath my pity for him being forced to dress business formal that may have been a towndriven scumwagon
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1673 (isolation #81) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1667, Eddie Cane wrote:if you assume 1 person in that wagon is scum, lynching for it would be less likely to hit than lynching in the non-voters

its a waste of time, finding 1 or 2 in 7 is exactly rand from a town pov
Is this addressing me? I was advocating lynches on Hectic himself for being on the business end of a wagon that got that large and had good people and was based on decent reasons. Does "scumwagon" usually mean scum are the voters, that's not what I meant with the terminology if so.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1687 (isolation #82) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1681, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1626, popsofctown wrote:Please don't call me "kid" or any other noun that doesn't describe me.

I think my vote is on Amrun right now, it'd be about the same as if it was on Eddie. Moving it doesn't matter, people changing their minds would matter more than the integers next to the names.
Why is Amrun scum?
Amrun is willing to lynch basically anybody. I can't remember a time she's come to this thread and said anything in the vein of "X seems like the hot wagon right now, but Y has higher probability to flip scum and serves my wincon and we should move to it".

I've seen players like Titus have that attitude as town and that's probably the kind of Titus we have here, but my interpretation of her timings and justifications leans towards this being the scummy wine-in-front interest in wagons that well slide into hammer quickly and get the first mislynch before this game gets re-paradigmed to have some scum in the consensus scumreads.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1695 (isolation #83) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

What is the point of casing someone who has picked "WIFOM openwolf" as the way to play, Oka? He's posted "what if I lied about being drunk?" in the game thread and clearly voted his second favorite "scumread" with only some high school salutatorian speech about "teamwork" as an explanation.
I think it's only going to reinforce confirmation biases and double down the majestic effect of "deadsheeping never happens" if I beat dead horses or reach for new reasons about how Eddie's playing a red pm this game. I would rather just be lynched. If you're not even close to coming around to Eddie!scum based on what's in this game thread I doubt the little things I notice every other page are going to be what makes the difference.

pedit: an additional person wants an Eddie case, so maybe I should consider it.

Krazy Oka and pk are my top townreads, with Oka a full tier above pk.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1696 (isolation #84) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I never said Eddie lied about what his team's reads are and I don't think anyone would ever lie about their team's reads as scum
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1713 (isolation #85) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1702, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 893, popsofctown wrote:
In post 882, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 801, popsofctown wrote:This isn't productive. I'm townreading most of the people spamposting here so I think it'd be protown to slow it down, I want to be able to figure out which of the DDLs and NaCls and Krazy Eddie Elsa Cane Jays are scum or town and if they're all having trouble catching up that's harder.

Ok let's play anti wincon

Why are you complaining about our hood when you have made not one attempt to engage with me in it? Reads to me as disingenuous posturing.
VOTE: Eddie Cane

I was speechless and bewildered at first
But the best explanation for why he would criticize someone for making role-fishable jokeposts then later DIRECTLY OUT HIS HOOD
is cogdis from rolling scum.
I don't think the cogdis on the town version of this makes a tenth as much sense unless the scumteam already knows our hood.

The hood is empty because I think hoods are where scum pocket townies and they're mostly useless. I mentioned that when Oka said it, it's in the main thread. But, um, asking me about that in the hood instead of giving the mafia two rolecop shots at the doctor would have been better????
Who has been avoiding the hood the most, you or Eddie?
I have had the last post the majority of the time I think, but this isn't a vector I want to attack him on, I think it's fine
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1721 (isolation #86) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1709, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1705, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Her actually referencing Doc rolecop shots is weird.
Right, because for Eddie outing the hood to have actually helped scum, they would have to both be town... but she voted him in that post so clearly she didn't think that.

Yeah, that's pretty nasty.
I'm not voting Eddie for having actually assisted scum as some sort of punitive vote for a misplay. I don't know who you're confusing me for, I hard-defended a townie who faked an innocent on scum once, that's how interested I am in narrow-mindedly punishing bad play.

I'm voting Eddie for being very flippant about revealing the neighborhood as a slip that he forgot it should have impact at least x% of the time, the times he's misread me and I'm town, but he mistakenly substituted it having impact 0% of the time because he's scum and he's been discussing the neighborhood arrangements in a PT for days.

If Eddie was 100% sure I'm scum, the scumslip definitely evaporates to nothing, but he asked the mod to replace me for not being protown enough six posts prior which is a bizarre thoughtprocess for a scumlocked slot, and subsequently numerous times he's made it clear I'm not scumlocked.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1724 (isolation #87) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

jokes are relevant to mindset. Azuresky caught me page 1 of deathlist cause I made a joke that wasn't as funny if I was town.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1725 (isolation #88) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

anyway it's not the only post that establishes you don't think you have a sane cop guilty.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1748 (isolation #89) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1729, Hectic wrote:
In post 1724, popsofctown wrote:jokes are relevant to mindset. Azuresky caught me page 1 of deathlist cause I made a joke that wasn't as funny if I was town.
That sounds amazing, why don't I remember that? I CTR-Fed "joke" and "funny" in her ISO and couldn't find anything.
It was absolutely beautiful

let me find it
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1758 (isolation #90) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Azuresky wrote:
In post 87, popsofctown wrote:
In post 69, Azuresky wrote: Pops is probably town, but I do have a tiny tiny tiny reason to believe she is scum, but I do not feel like outing my reason as it is reaching (and somewhat a gut feeling) and I tr pops enough for now to ignore it.
I can't think of a protown reason not to out it.

If you feel that the reason is invalid at its core, there are six townies that can show you so in a collaborative process.
If it's truly valid at its deepest core then scum!pops would possibly NK you n1 or n2 as one of the players with a reservation against you she could never address, or maybe I guess she leaves you alive until LyLo where there is only 1 other townie to figure out whether your idea is dumb or smart and talk it out with you. But like, I don't see how it helps you to hide it.
Just like I gave a slight townread to Maria for #11, I kinda could see your #6 coming from a scum perspective since you arent too much of a fan of playing it.

Its reaching and an RVS read, but its there. I think your play otherwise suggests that you are town imo.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1759 (isolation #91) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1750, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1721, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1705, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Her actually referencing Doc rolecop shots is weird.
Right, because for Eddie outing the hood to have actually helped scum, they would have to both be town... but she voted him in that post so clearly she didn't think that.

I'm not voting Eddie for having actually assisted scum as some sort of punitive vote for a misplay. I don't know who you're confusing me for, I hard-defended a townie who faked an innocent on scum once, that's how interested I am in narrow-mindedly punishing bad play.

I'm voting Eddie for being very flippant about revealing the neighborhood as a slip that he forgot it should have impact at least x% of the time, the times he's misread me and I'm town, but he mistakenly substituted it having impact 0% of the time because he's scum and he's been discussing the neighborhood arrangements in a PT for days.

If Eddie was 100% sure I'm scum, the scumslip definitely evaporates to nothing, but he asked the mod to replace me for not being protown enough six posts prior which is a bizarre thoughtprocess for a scumlocked slot, and subsequently numerous times he's made it clear I'm not scumlocked.
why does outting the neighborhood make sense for his scumplay? like what was his motive? what did he have to gain?
He is universally townread right now.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1763 (isolation #92) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1742, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1699, Krazy wrote:If I am one of your top townreads why did you naked vote me earlier?
And not only that, in her subsequent posts, she never even explains that.
Eddie brought this up in neighborhood PT
My post is missing a comma of direct address. "Who's your townreads? "Krazy, okapoka and pisskop". I'm scumreading Krazy but I'm not confident about it
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1764 (isolation #93) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1762, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1759, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1750, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1721, popsofctown wrote:

why does outting the neighborhood make sense for his scumplay? like what was his motive? what did he have to gain?
He is universally townread right now.
But that's not why he's been universally townread is it?
I'm pretty sure it is.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1767 (isolation #94) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1765, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1763, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1699, Krazy wrote:If I am one of your top townreads why did you naked vote me earlier?
My post is missing a comma of direct address. "Who's your townreads? "Krazy, okapoka and pisskop". I'm scumreading Krazy but I'm not confident about it
sorry what?
There's a post where Krazy asked me my townreads and a couple posts later I said "Krazy okapoka and pisskop."

It was supposed to be "Krazy, okapoka and pisskop", to make it clear I was answering his question in case like in preview edits someone else is all "pops who are your top scumreads".

I have never townread Krazy this game
except for the 1.73 seconds after he changed his avatar to a sassier Dva
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1773 (isolation #95) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Okapoka he is bragging in the thread about endgaming me

what threshold do I have to meet to feel a little bit apocalyptic
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1779 (isolation #96) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I said he would endgame me, and he quoted me saying he would endgame me and said "get fucked kid"

that is bragging about endgaming me
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1782 (isolation #97) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1778, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1763, popsofctown wrote:
So, are you saying that Krazy, Oka and Piss is your PoE, because you just said it was Eddie/Amrun? *confused*
Oka and piss are my townreads.
Krazy's name was in the post because I was saying, "krazy, I am talking to you", it's a grammar structure called noun of direct address but I forgot the comma so it's confusing and we have grammar for a reason.

Eddie and Amrun are the two slots I find scummiest in the game
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1784 (isolation #98) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1781, OkaPoka wrote:thats kinda funny but not that spicy
I don't think it's a QED reason to lynch Eddie but fmpov it would make sense why that would change my attitude more towards doom and gloom?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1788 (isolation #99) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Amrun is down for every wagon, even ones that seem diametrically opposed in various ways, never convinces me that she's solving with the way she discusses her reads, and I still think the typo thing is at least a little scummy.

Her entire body of play seems like sheep scum very happy with the way this day is going to me.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1792 (isolation #100) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1786, pisskop wrote:
In post 1779, popsofctown wrote:I said he would endgame me, and he quoted me saying he would endgame me and said "get fucked kid"

But i mean, saying that to a not dead player is tantamount to suicide?
Is it? He did it. He's not dying. I think we have proof it is not suicide, for him? Similar to how "what if I lied about being drunk?" is not suicide, for him?
This is something in the game thread not something I'm alleging is in the hood.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1796 (isolation #101) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1793, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1792, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1786, pisskop wrote:
In post 1779, popsofctown wrote:I said he would endgame me, and he quoted me saying he would endgame me and said "get fucked kid"

But i mean, saying that to a not dead player is tantamount to suicide?
Is it? He did it. He's not dying. I think we have proof it is not suicide, for him? Similar to how "what if I lied about being drunk?" is not suicide, for him?
This is something in the game thread not something I'm alleging is in the hood.
Quote or link?
post 1617
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1803 (isolation #102) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1798, Hectic wrote:
In post 1766, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I’ve hydra’d with him and this how town Math would think. He gets a wrong idea into his head and deathtunnels it into oblivion. That is exactly what he did with Kokichi in DnD. Any point I would make to show why he might not be scum got dismissed and he’d get very upset with me for disagreeing with him, so yeah, it totally sounds exactly like what Math would do. I seriously doubt that Math would ever be stupid enough to push scum!Titus to try and mislynch me, so yeah, I think this is town!Titus we’re seeing here.

That’s my point, I don’t believe Math is tr me and that Titus is telling the truth about that.
Right, I see. Depends on whether Titus has told her teammates her alignment or not then I guess. Wish we'd have thought of that at the start.
I just kind of went into this assuming everyone would tell their partners their alignment but not their partners which is why this "fake teammate solve real teammate solve" stuff is going over my head. Playing mafia is hard specifically because you can't not know who the scum are, why would you pass up getting 3 people who can be that?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1805 (isolation #103) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't think he's playing other games either to be fair, both the Pine replaces-outs I was thinking about he was active in other games.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1814 (isolation #104) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1813, OkaPoka wrote:like ok ive actually recently been in pops shoes similar in baton pass where i went sicko mode on rc

and contextually it was decently similar

but like i feel like pops is still missing a kinda important part of what i think a townie would do here
I want to join in the star wars meming and do a great impression of kylo ren's "can you help me?" line
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1817 (isolation #105) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Eddie has made some pretty reasonable points in hood about whether I am actually pushing the game in a positive direction versus being petulant.

I think Nancy Drew is hinting about that point too.
So maybe I should talk about outside of Amrun/Ed more
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1818 (isolation #106) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

i'm pretty sure i'm not going to do whatever it is you want OkaPoka I never have any idea what people want from me

I just sometimes provide it by accident
That's pretty much how it works for both my alignments
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1821 (isolation #107) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think Krazy is surprisingly scummy for how little he has been wagoned. He keeps disappearing and reappearing. I'm not very confident about reading him and haven't myself been pushing him because when I played town with him he was super bleh day 1 and obvtowned day 3. But I think that slot is really creepy. Ed asked me to think about the universe where Eddie is IC and I think in that universe it seems even weirder that Krazy is just always there.
DDL is like Krazy lite and has felt really off. Starting off sheeping me seemed like it could be both !hims but more like scum!him and nothing's really gotten super better. Similar to Krazy I trust him to be readable later. But he hasn't been great. I've taken note of how DDL hasn't really gotten teased for having a derpy contribution level to the game the way Elsa has when my gut likes Elsa more so far.
I really don't know whether Pine is scum, I lean town and I don't know if it's pocketing. I kind of don't hate the wagon in the sense that I think it has information and NaCl wagon does not, I don't know what silly person suggested wagoning Elsa, but that also definitely does not.
NaCl is like the definition of a boring wagon I've kind of gone into it about how I feel about that player.
I think that's all the wagons that have ever been popular

pedit: Pine flipped preferences this year, he's stated as such openly
pedit: I assumed everyone who rolled scum would say "I rolled scum but I'm not going to say who my partners are". I'm pretty sure that's what I would do. None of my partners rolled scum so that didn't give me any data.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1832 (isolation #108) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

dat comma BoP
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1833 (isolation #109) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Krazy why would I want to "work with you" when I threw our last game by letting you pocket me?
I want to work with others to figure you out
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1836 (isolation #110) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Micc Hectic and Krazy are bullying me
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (isolation #111) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Scumreading a town is something that happens a lot and it's whatever
Townreading a scum is really bad and traumatizing

I'd probably feel more comfortable after reading you right in a game but a secret alt game is kind of different to me so this feels like the second game in some ways

ftr "pushing reads people were fighting me on" is a grandiose way to describe me vigging someone and not bothering to convince anyone on it cause I didn't have to :shifty:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (isolation #112) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Nancy
you're one of my favorite posters sometimes
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1845 (isolation #113) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1844, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1841, popsofctown wrote:Scumreading a town is something that happens a lot and it's whatever
Townreading a scum is really bad and traumatizing

I'd probably feel more comfortable after reading you right in a game but a secret alt game is kind of different to me so this feels like the second game in some ways

ftr "pushing reads people were fighting me on" is a grandiose way to describe me vigging someone and not bothering to convince anyone on it cause I didn't have to :shifty:
Who is the “you” in this post supposed to be referring to?
Krazy
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1848 (isolation #114) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1846, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1842, popsofctown wrote:Nancy
Wow, really? Why is that? :)
You're a very earnest poster.
I was having a little bit of fun to be fair.
But it is true I did also say that about you in Magia Record so you know this already
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1852 (isolation #115) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1850, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1848, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1846, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1842, popsofctown wrote:Nancy
Wow, really? Why is that? :)
You're a very earnest poster.
I was having a little bit of fun to be fair.
But it is true I did also say that about you in Magia Record so you know this already
Yeah but I thought you were being sarcastic in that.
In Magia Record?? nah.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1954 (isolation #116) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Eddie cane
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (isolation #117) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

Nancy what if my mystifying play all makes sense if I am seeing a player I think is very likely to be scum getting perceived as very unlikely to be by the town and I think that's so important I'm willing to risk my neck over it? I don't think that's actually confusing.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1963 (isolation #118) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1961, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1900, Micc wrote:
Votecount 1.21
popsofctown (5) -
Eddie Cane, Amrun, Something_Smart, pisskop, Elsa Jay
Pine (3) -
Hectic, Krazy, Nancy Drew 39
NaCl (2) -
Pine, Titus
Titus (1) -
bob3141
Something_Smart (1) -
DrDolittle
DrDolittle (1) -
OkaPoka
Eddie Cane (1) -
popsofctown

Not Voting (1) -
NaCl

With 15 players alive it takes 8 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-01-16 22:00:00).
@Pops, you’re already voting Eddie.
That sounds extravagant. I wish you were too.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1965 (isolation #119) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

Idk what posturing is but I revote my votes for emphasis as both alignments.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1979 (isolation #120) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

I am scum for being too sure if Amrun's alignment but also I am scum for not knowing Titus's alignment?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2016 (isolation #121) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2005, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1970, Hectic wrote:Can someone explain to me why Titus is town? I think I'm the only one scumleaning her, so I want to hear some reasons. Is it because of her entrance outing the neighbourhood? Why can't she have done that as scum? Also, she was really stubborn in accepting alternate strategies even when it was pretty evident they were superior. If scum, I don't think she believed her strat would be followed, but I think she could be faking the conviction she had for the original strat, to possibly be townread for genuine misguided actions.

Agree again on Bob town.

Still leaning towards pops ofc town right now, think she's a mislynch.
I don’t really get her Amrun read but her play really doesn’t make a lot of sense if she’s scum. In TK game, scum!Pops actually pushed on a viable counterwagon and neither Eddie or Amrun fit that bill at the time. Amrun clearly still doesn’t.
In TK game I needed to not get lynched.

Here if everyone decides my neighborhood has a scum somewhere in it, I think that idea is a lot more important than whether I get lynched.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2032 (isolation #122) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2027, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1945, Krazy wrote:You didn't explain why that changed or what is going on with your Am read, which was clearly the point. Instead you evaded by giving a vague unhelpful answer of "he's not" when asked why you listed him as your only town in one post and was the first listed town in your last reads list
In post 1632, Eddie Cane wrote:{Amrun, NaCl, Nancy, Oka, SS, Titus} - will not vote today
{Pine, Pisskop, bob, Hectic} - don't really want to vote today
{elsa, ddl} - if needed would policy vote today
{krazy, pops} - want to vote today

is this a good enough reads list?
why are you being more elusive on one of your top townreads (apparently) than Elsa is being on why he doesn't like Frozen 2 as much as Frozen 1?
the reads in this post are literally alphabetical in the top tier, and it isn't even listed as town reads, just people i wouldn't kill.
The next two tiers aren't alphabetical
You reviewed your post and alphabetized just the top tier?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2061 (isolation #123) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not feeling much better about Eddie getting lynched today, but I'm feeling a lot better about him not skating to LyLo after
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2068 (isolation #124) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think that's the sort of thing that's supposed to be modkill territory for team mafia D:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2075 (isolation #125) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah I think both!Eddies avoid using c/p so that's not something to really read into. Be sure if you use any of your teammate's stuff you also don't c/p
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2131 (isolation #126) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

POSTURING

@nd I still think Amrun is scummy but I think Krazy is making good points about Eddie and that Eddie is much scummier. I keep getting feelings I was right about Eddie in the first place, he keeps doing things that match my original interpretation of boldscum even if he is nicer in the neighborhood.

With Amrun she just continues to underwhelm me, but enough people said I might be wrong on that read that they can't all be scum and I'm a lot more willing to believe maybe I messed up.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2209 (isolation #127) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2201, Amrun wrote:
In post 2154, Titus wrote:VOTE: DDL

Mathblade thinks the game is devolved into TvT nonsense. I don't think his scumteam is totally accurate (Nancy NaCL Pine). He said if he was wrong DDL is scum.

I want to flash wagon DDL because no one TRs him and see if the bickering is TvT.

Hectic, I'll read your hood soon but can you talk in plain English?
I think I may townread DDL.

Can a TR be spicy? :shifty:
Could you explain why you townread him? I liked his very first post but remember disliking followups.

I finally got some teammate time, this is eir reads, e didn't read every word of the thread, mostly recent stuff:
Eddie, NaCl, Amrun, Krazy, SS, Titus, highest tier
PK (e said e gets his own tier because even though e seems town e feels like PK is just hard to read so it feels like the same read I had except I'm arrogant)
DDL, ND39, Elsa
Pine, Hectic, Oka, and Bob

The biggest disagreement here is definitely what e thinks about Eddie and Amrun. E said e buys that they are solving eachother. I'm mulling over it

@Titus - let's play lolchess
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2210 (isolation #128) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ali is mad I didn't talk about eir bob read
E said bob seems really like he's ahead and a deepwolf and that 669 (i think that was the number? ) seemed really comfortable

I didn't post it cause I was kinda like, I push deepwolf to the back of my mind, to me that means "I'm probably wrong". But I understand eir argument
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2211 (isolation #129) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

E said it was 1966
And I think E is angry I didn't bother to check and make sure I had the number right.
I was 95% sure ok Ali
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2212 (isolation #130) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It bothers me that 1966 has this teabagging assumption of reading everything I do as scum but doesn't actually canvas for votes, that might be what Ali means by saying it's a post like he's ahead.

It has been really interesting to see how Ali's approach to town (oh wait I don't have to backspace VT thanks Ed) VT is different and makes me wish maybe I hydra'ed more, though I'm pretty firmly against the unfair advantage element and want pure-hydra-games to come up
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (isolation #131) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

idk why I capitalized E the second time. Just Alisae's pronoun.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2224 (isolation #132) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

I forget the phone operator can be a neighbor, because the assymetry of the setup is awkward. I don't really see how that's scum indicative, my PM doesn't say "non-phone operator neighbor".

I don't know why you think the post is awkward Nancy.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2237 (isolation #133) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

That post number is correct. 19
6 asked who a statement was directed at (and it was kind of you kind of no one in particular).

1966 has a singular question mark in it, for "why do you think Amrun didn't rejoin the Hectic wagon when it regrew?" which looks like a rhetorical question, and on the offchance it wasn't I wasn't aware of Hectic's wagon having more than one phase so I don't have anything for you. Posting a long shade post characterizing everything I do in the worst light, inserting a single rhetorical question into it, and then responding to getting ignored with "all these posts any you have no yet answered one of my questions" is a disingenuous way to act like you're sorting me when you're not.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2240 (isolation #134) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

{pops, Oka}
{pissk, ND}
other people
{Amrun}
{bob}
{Eddie}

I think that is where I am at now
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2245 (isolation #135) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

I pointed out that it didn't make sense for you to criticize me both for a high confidence level on Amrun and a low confidence level on Titus. You asked who I was talking to when it was rather obvious it was you, which is a blunt way of dismissing someone as "you're so wrong you must be talking to a different audience", so no, I didn't come back to get repeatedly dismissed, I spent more time with people who were going to talk to me like a person.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2255 (isolation #136) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

Amrun's read of DDL sort of fits what I think of DDL and seems pretty real.

Is that the first time she's posted like that?
I don't think there's any three person scumteam where I get to feel like I played this game well.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2264 (isolation #137) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

I get the feeling that no matter what the team is my score is a 1/3 instead of a 2/3, Hectic. But also like, maybe there's people I should have townread, and been working with.

I've specced bob a little, I don't think I'm familiar with the omgus trend though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2268 (isolation #138) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Posting like you're basing your reads on what people are doing and how that fits who they would be as scum or as town like you're detectiving which is not what earlygame you felt like to me @Amrun
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2270 (isolation #139) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

I didn't mean a different previous game I meant this game
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2276 (isolation #140) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

Ok, thank you for lining things up more.
I feel like I've explained this before, but to me it was scummy when Amrun said "I don't like this wagon, it has a bad comp", and then a very short time later said, "I would be willing to vote the NaCl wagon." I agree that you can scumread multiple people at the same time, but she didn't make me convinced that she scumread NaCl (I don't remember her casing him, at all). My suspicion she was starting to feel bad about the recent wagon, which she would have had more ownership and responsibility for greenflipping, and wanted to quickly identify other wagons she could be on without taking the blame for, Pine's, and then possibly NaCl's. I didn't mind at all that she felt willing to kill both Pine and NaCl, I didn't mind her expressing willingness to vote a wagon she hadn't moved to. I minded that her comfort with the NaCl wagon made her reason for abandoning the previous wagon seem like a fib. It's a somewhat foreign space because I'm more comfortable voting alongside a scumread than most player (I Can Be Wrong) but it seemed like a mismatch to me.

As for Amrun allowing Hectic to live, my read of the situation was that Amrun felt that Hectic wagon would be an unpopular event D2 and hopped off of it. I don't see the two as buddies.

Fourth point, main reason I didn't spend lots of time probing Amrun is to avoid pulling focus away from Eddie too much, who was a stronger read. I only wanted people to be thinking her progression D2 if I wasn't there for D2, I didn't really prefer her as a lynch over Eddie, so why canvas for votes? There might have been some omgus too, because Amrun had been attacking me all game in ways I found frustrating, so like. It has been hard to want to think anything positive about her before Ali lister her as a townread.

Fifth point, I think the post mistake is weakly alignment indicative for everyone. But everyone seems to disagree with me and I've tempered my enthusiasm because at least some of these people have to be town. I tend to think it is easier to townread groups or wagon groups as town than scum because you're townreads are fake and it's harder to remember fake things.

Titus I am very much shooting from the hip on, it's not a super strong read. But as an example, I feel like with Titus's personality when momentum is slow, she will want to craft and invent her own reads, and when momentum is fast, she's excited to keep it going and sheep something that looks ok to her. This game hasn't fully matched that pattern sometimes.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2285 (isolation #141) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't want to argue with you Amrun.
Whatever point you are making I concede the point.
I was explaining a past thought process to Bob because he asked me nicely not canvassing Amrun votes.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2350 (isolation #142) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2295, Amrun wrote:
In post 2285, popsofctown wrote:I don't want to argue with you Amrun.
Whatever point you are making I concede the point.
I was explaining a past thought process to Bob because he asked me nicely not canvassing Amrun votes.
How can I deepen or change my read of you if you refuse to engage?

I just completely reversed my reads in LyLo. I’m not afraid to be wrong.
Well I'm saying I don't want to double down.

Maybe I'm projecting some other slots' behavior onto you but tons of people have asked me to explain a read or thought I've already explained before that I thought was borderline clear which has the effect of girding me into the same position, possibly triggering confbias, doubling my unpopularity if it was an unpopular thought the first time around, and like, I feel like at least 1 person doing it is doing it in bad faith as scum to manipulate me into an even worse gamestate even though they already understood me well enough to move along.

I don't want to double down but my thinking at the time was that you'd volunteer a NaCl case if you had one as he was largely uncased.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2357 (isolation #143) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I would rearrange the hoods to hang out with a friend, Hectic.

There are several friends in this game I could enjoy chatting with without being aligned

I could go Starry Night and just discuss Advance Wars editions in the game thread I guess. I feel like that'd be a great improvement actually

This is out of order, Hectic made preview edit.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2397 (isolation #144) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yucky
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2399 (isolation #145) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Define "incentivized"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2405 (isolation #146) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

lol expert testimony
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2469 (isolation #147) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I want to marry post 2466, save up a 401k with it and retire in florida, then relax on the beach together while complaining about the condo association raising the prices and how culture needs to stop changing
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2598 (isolation #148) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I feel kind of disengaged and like this dayphase is too long.

I can't actually fully read the last couple pages without skimming, which is unusual for me.

VOTE: salt because I liked pisskop's meme.

It's the kind of compromise wagon I'd like.

I liked Amrun's ddl towncase and Ali had a really strong reason for townreading Pine early in the game.
NaCl is the low impact slot in the game likely to be scum.
S_S even more likely, but people are townreading him.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2605 (isolation #149) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Actually my favorite thing in the thread right now is pisskop and his adorable lion avi

I want to hug it.
If he votes unwnd I will join in.
His discomfort with my love just makes it all better.
(And he's still town)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2619 (isolation #150) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The NaCl wagon is exactly PPP
It's beautiful
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2621 (isolation #151) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Chennis says the NaCl wagon is all town. He said it's a natural response to a long languishing wrongwagon. Idk if I agree with the whole macro view but when I found out he was reading the get again I was gonna ask him who to vote so it saved me a couple keystrokes.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2624 (isolation #152) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

pElsa Jay come vote pNaCl
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2626 (isolation #153) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Chennis thinks you're scum just like Ali does
I refuse though

Pedit: you can join as PokaOka if you like
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2635 (isolation #154) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I always like Krazy wagon until Eddie tells me to vote Krazy in the hood PT, then I don't like it again
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2671 (isolation #155) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm town neighbor who has a neighborhood with popsofctown
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2676 (isolation #156) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

My role pm had an error. I thought it was funny.

Eddie is the fellow who keeps posting in the neighborhood, although I would prefer that it was a notes PT at this point
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2680 (isolation #157) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I wish the neighborhood PT went public when I died. Thatd be cool.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2681 (isolation #158) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

But Elsa I didn't use math
"Well, I..."

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”