Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Pine »

Bizarrely, Nancy, I think we are suddenly on the same page with most things except Krazy. I'm still not convinced you're Town, but I have bigger fish to fry and your reads line up with mine for the most part.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 996, Pine wrote:
In post 994, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 967, Hectic wrote:Nancy, I have been a little unhappy irl recently. I try not to let real life affect my emotions here, but maybe it leaked into my interaction with you? I'm not sure how though because I was just trying to stay level headed and reasonable. My lack of engagement before was because I hadn't read the game until yesterday.
But since you've somehow gauged that and are scumreading me for it, please don't. I'm not asking you to townread me for this, I just want you to consider it NAI. Also, vote Pine with me if you scumread him too.

I've realised I shouldn't force myself to play if I'm feeling down so I'll be back tomorrow after hopefully a good night of sleep.
Why did you make that fake doc post? And yeah, I am definitely considering that as a possibility because it seems like Pine isn’t reading my posts or anything anyone is saying about me. Here’s the thing, both DDL and Pine were in Marked for Death. Pine was my buddy in that and DDL tr me here while Pine is locksr me, so something isn’t adding up.
I'm reading everything you post, and I don't lockscum you. There are shades of gray in the world. I don't respond to you because I'm trying to keep my head in the game.

As a matter of fact, I'm coming around to a Hectic + {NaCL, Krazy, Bob} solve right now.

So whats you reasoning behind these scum reads. As for soem of them i actualy cant find any progression

I do get the feeling that the scum could be trying to scum read their neighbours so they can get rid of them before they flip.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1002, bob3141 wrote:I do get the feeling that the scum could be trying to scum read their neighbours so they can get rid of them before they flip.
Then how to we have such a large organic townblock?

L minus 1

VOTE: Hectic

Tomorrow, if I am alive, pops and I will have a chat.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I haven't been sold on Hectic wagon, but it's got a lot of my townreads. Hm.
Lynching inside of outed neighbors is higher EV has improved EV because it gives the doctor what little concealment is left, that's in favor of Hectic lynch too. This might lead to everyone putting me on the losing end of a gladiate with Eddie but I'm going to point it out anyway, there's a lot of potential for mechanical advantage in this setup, especially if the doctor lands a protect or two and amplifies its benefits
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 951, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 943, Amrun wrote:
In post 914, OkaPoka wrote:this is very good actually

i want

<elsa,nacl,ddl,bob,amrun> to take sides and comment on this
Pops is still scum, Eddie is even more town.
What about Bob?

Spoiler:
Trivia points to anyone who gets this.
I find the fact that he is seeking to engage with me on purpose to be +town points for bob.

He didn’t do that last game and I nailed him. Bob is really smart so I’m reserving final judgment but scum bob could just choose to engage other players instead, pretty organically, rather than someone who just pegged him as scum within the last month.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Amrun »

Not caught up but that caught my eye, will return later.

Baby got discharged so I’ll be home with toddler for a few days. Depending how much he sleeps could be harder to post, or easier
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Amrun »

He boycotted sleep at the hospital so mommy is tired now :( but perhaps he will sleep extra tomorrow
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1005, Amrun wrote:

i want

What about Bob?

Spoiler:
I find the fact that he is seeking to engage with me on purpose to be +town points for bob.

He didn’t do that last game and I nailed him. Bob is really smart so I’m reserving final judgment but scum bob could just choose to engage other players instead, pretty organically, rather than someone who just pegged him as scum within the last month.
Okay thanks, maybe it was a leap for me to jump to him being Hectic’s partner in event of a potential Hectic flip. What bothers me the most is that, Hectic had to know that likely at one person would be confused by his fake doc post and Pine commented on that too. However, what bothers me is that bob seems to be implying that no one would have that reaction, because of Titus’ claim and I obviously disagree with that. I also think that town!Hectic would probably show a bit of remorse for making that post, as in “sorry, guys I thought it was funny at the time but now I realize it was dumb” but he hasn’t really done that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 993, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 960, OkaPoka wrote:nancy you do realize if pine is scum he can you know
???

Can what?
"Welp mastina is very confident you are town, most confident she's ever been in fact. Here's a couple posts she really liked. I still am doubtful but that's mastina's two cents"
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 551, Eddie Cane wrote:@Krazy why do you feel weird to Ank?
Do I feel weird to you?

Few different possibilities spring to mind, but I'd probably have to talk to her myself to know what she means.
In post 564, Amrun wrote:
In post 382, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@Titus, if you’re seriously going to follow Math’s reads, then I will be advocating PLing you in every game we’re in. Not joking.

This seems really excessive and unfair. This is team mafia, and it’s her actual brother.
Hmm, how do you feel about Mass Effect, Titus? I didn't know you were C.Shep's sister. You're like a cross-section of mafia aren't you :P
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1009, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 993, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 960, OkaPoka wrote:nancy you do realize if pine is scum he can you know
???

Can what?
"Welp mastina is very confident you are town, most confident she's ever been in fact. Here's a couple posts she really liked. I still am doubtful but that's mastina's two cents"
Well sure but then that’s true for everyone who gives teammates’ reads but if Mastina isn’t tr me here, than it would be the first time she hasn’t when I’m town.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1008, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

i want

What about Bob?

Spoiler:

Okay thanks, maybe it was a leap for me to jump to him being Hectic’s partner in event of a potential Hectic flip. What bothers me the most is that, Hectic had to know that likely at one person would be confused by his fake doc post and Pine commented on that too. However, what bothers me is that bob seems to be implying that no one would have that reaction, because of Titus’ claim and I obviously disagree with that. I also think that town!Hectic would probably show a bit of remorse for making that post, as in “sorry, guys I thought it was funny at the time but now I realize it was dumb” but he hasn’t really done that.
Why did you ask me in particular about bob?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 576, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:VOTE: Hectic
In post 577, Hectic wrote:Hi, Nancy, are you related to Doctor Drew?

I'm V/LA until Monday in case you missed that; I was being serious when I said I've only read the first two pages.
I'll come and obvtown my slot real quick when I'm back so you don't need to worry.

Oh
whoops
, I just dropped my
stethoscope
, how clumsy of me! I guess I'll retreat into my
consulting room
, and consult my
Drew
(hint hint)
In post 581, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 580, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:UNVOTE:
Hectic is town. Get your votes off of him.
Nancy has a pretty good scum range, one that it has been hard for me to gauge in the past. However, this thought process (push Hectic, imagine Hectic is softing PR, hard push to unvote and suddenly insist he's town) feels a loooot more like town Nancy than scum Nancy. Now let's just make sure no one mentions the Oscars.
In post 588, DrDolittle wrote:im gonna follow pops
VOTE: S_S
What specifically makes you feel strongly on pops town?
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1012, Amrun wrote:
In post 1008, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

i want

What about Bob?

Spoiler:

Why did you ask me in particular about bob?
I wanted to know your thoughts on him but it was also a general question open to anyone.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

VOTE: Hectic

Seems like this is a popular wagon.

Consider this my birthday surprise.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1013, Krazy wrote:
In post 576, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:VOTE: Hectic
In post 577, Hectic wrote:Hi, Nancy, are you related to Doctor Drew?

I'm V/LA until Monday in case you missed that; I was being serious when I said I've only read the first two pages.
I'll come and obvtown my slot real quick when I'm back so you don't need to worry.

Oh
whoops
, I just dropped my
stethoscope
, how clumsy of me! I guess I'll retreat into my
consulting room
, and consult my
Drew
(hint hint)
In post 581, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 580, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:UNVOTE:
Hectic is town. Get your votes off of him.
Nancy has a pretty good scum range, one that it has been hard for me to gauge in the past. However, this thought process (push Hectic, imagine Hectic is softing PR, hard push to unvote and suddenly insist he's town) feels a loooot more like town Nancy than scum Nancy.
Now let's just make sure no one mentions the Oscars
In post 588, DrDolittle wrote:im gonna follow pops
VOTE: S_S
What specifically makes you feel strongly on pops town?
:lol:

Yep, Krazy is still town. This is an in depth read on me, clearly not a pocket.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1015, Elsa Jay wrote:VOTE: Hectic

REAL L1
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 604, Something_Smart wrote:Okay, thanks.

I don't think he's posted enough serious content to be readable yet.
I actually feel like this is a pretty reasonable take on Hectic for when this is written, still haven't seen what led to the l-1
In post 605, pisskop wrote:Its a personality read.

He is scum.
Just wondering but how does a personality read differ from a tone read, or are they the same thing? Just not used to this term being used like this I guess

Note to self: Reread Pine on page 25 later
vote conspiracy
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by NaCl »

In post 977, OkaPoka wrote:you don't think hectic's most recent posts are shit?
I think Hectic's posts haven't been too great but there are times where I see a move that I think scum-Hectic would make but Hectic is specifically not making those actions. The wagon is generally pretty badly done. Although if he is scum then I think pops is more likely to be town due to .
In post 982, Pine wrote:
In post 976, NaCl wrote:
In post 847, OkaPoka wrote:Nancy you always have an expectation of people treating you as obvtown and I'm hoping that if even your teammates can't explain why you are obvtown you will stop beating our heads over not locking you town.

Idk what to say nacl if you don't like what I've had to say then unlucky
Fine. VOTE: Okapoka Farkran says your posting doesn't have any depth to it ( mostly agree) and whenever I try and get a better grip on your thought process you clearly don't want to help me with that.

In post 848, Titus wrote:@NACL why aren't you voting? Too salty? (Sorry couldn't resist the pun.)
See my previous response to Krazy, same thing.

i want

Okay, so pops vs Eddie, I don't think outing the neighborhood makes Eddie scum. Like, I get that Eddie can do it if he's careless scum but pops' argument doesn't make sense since he can also do it if he's annoyed town and I don't see why pops is reading into it in that way. It feels forced.
I initially liked pops for her earlier play because it didn't feel like it was scum-her and I think I actually know how she is as scum, unlike most people here. But the vote on Eddie feels like a reach.

Regarding the Hectic wagon, I'm not super opposed to it, but I disagree with the reasoning behind it. Mostly for Nancy's issue. Because from what I'm reading from Hectic's posts, he doesn't seem to understand the issue with the question he was asking. Nancy, do you think he's faking that he doesn't understand? I think it would be easier for scum to just say, "oops, I didn't realize" and then stop pushing on it instead of continuing to try talking to you.
This whoooole post sets off alarms. Salt is undermining a near-universally Townread player while weakly affirming the wagon (that that player) is on. There's a whole lot of unnatural solviness (yes I just made up a word) there. "I don't disagree with your vote, but let me now try to build a case against one of the people on that wagon" is a classic scum misdirect-while-hedging play.
That's nice and all, but that doesn't refute what I'm saying. Like, I'm specifically saying that I don't see scum motivation in Hectic's actions. I don't think Hectic has done a single thing worth defending him for, I just think that the wagon is mixed full of people with bad reasons like you and ND, and scum who is going along for the ride (Okapoka, far less sure on Pisskop). If Hectic does flips scum, yeah, sure, I'll have to change. And my case on Okapoka has nothing to do with the Hectic wagon.

Like are you trying to ignore my point? Unless your reasons have changed on Hectic, I still don't think that most of the stuff people are talking about are scummy.
In post 997, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 976, NaCl wrote:
In post 847, OkaPoka wrote:Nancy you always have an expectation of people treating you as obvtown and I'm hoping that if even your teammates can't explain why you are obvtown you will stop beating our heads over not locking you town.

Idk what to say nacl if you don't like what I've had to say then unlucky
Fine. VOTE: Okapoka Farkran says your posting doesn't have any depth to it ( mostly agree) and whenever I try and get a better grip on your thought process you clearly don't want to help me with that.

In post 848, Titus wrote:@NACL why aren't you voting? Too salty? (Sorry couldn't resist the pun.)
See my previous response to Krazy, same thing.

i want

Okay, so pops vs Eddie, I don't think outing the neighborhood makes Eddie scum. Like, I get that Eddie can do it if he's careless scum but pops' argument doesn't make sense since he can also do it if he's annoyed town and I don't see why pops is reading into it in that way. It feels forced.
I initially liked pops for her earlier play because it didn't feel like it was scum-her and I think I actually know how she is as scum, unlike most people here. But the vote on Eddie feels like a reach.

Regarding the Hectic wagon, I'm not super opposed to it, but I disagree with the reasoning behind it. Mostly for Nancy's issue. Because from what I'm reading from Hectic's posts, he doesn't seem to understand the issue with the question he was asking. Nancy, do you think he's faking that he doesn't understand? I think it would be easier for scum to just say, "oops, I didn't realize" and then stop pushing on it instead of continuing to try talking to you.
It’s definitely possible but that isn’t why I’m voting him but when I tell someone that I’m concerned that answering something could be antitown, I don’t know why they don’t back off either. One thing is clear. Hectic and Pine are never buddies here.

However, why Oka? He is so obviously town. This vote may possibly be town indicative for you however, since there’s pretty much no chance we’re flipping Oka today.
1. I don't think that setup discussion is alignment indicative most of the time which is his oldest posts.
2. He's posting a lot of opinions but isn't really backing them up. Too many of his posts are like "I think X" and is missing the "I think X because _". He goes on about Krazy scum and when I try to push deeper on it, he abandons the read. And the entire time I've been trying to get a better understanding of his thoughts, he's been sidestepping my question. He was deliberately avoiding me advance my read on him.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by pisskop »

I say personality. What I mean is a combination of meta and tonal and a bit of soft tells.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I don't need to post why if its obvious
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I also don't need to post why if it's me testing/gut/very contrived
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1017, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1015, Elsa Jay wrote:VOTE: Hectic

REAL L1
Damn, thought I got to quickhammer.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

But also if you want to engage with me on reads you need to post more so you can catch me in my train of thought

I don't like explaining things I dont believe anymore

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”