he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 671, Espeonage wrote:
In post 666, Dannflor wrote:
In post 665, Espeonage wrote:bc it was proxy speaking. Play your own game.
eh sorry if you take issue with this but my whole team are very strong town players and I'm going to use that to my fullest extent
Knowing your team and knowing your team knows me, it should come as no surprise to them that I don't give two shits what they say if they aren't playing. Bc they aren't the slot and will objectively have an easier time giving real thoughts that aren't NAI. So I would appreciate if you can at least make it clear what you think independently of what they say.
I think I've been doing that?

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want more thoughts from strong players in the game. You seem more worried about people's read on me being influenced than how they can be used to solve the game.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I'm not saying you haven't. I just don't want a bad precent being set day 1.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Go ask worst if he thinks I think I'm stronger than everyone on your team. That should give you your answer.
Don't @ me.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 671, Espeonage wrote:Bc they aren't the slot and will objectively have an easier time giving real thoughts that aren't NAI.
like this is so weird

why are you worried about whether they're alignment indicative or not

If I'm town their thoughts massively contribute in helping to solve the game
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Espeonage »

If you're scum they actively make the game harder for us.
Don't @ me.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Dannflor »

if I'm scum they are scum thoughts and wouldn't be real thoughts, or would be AI

if you're going with the "I didn't tell them my role PM theory" then they are still town thoughts!
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

NSG can you like just give us some townreads so we can move on? Someone on your team is clearly reading so should have some opinion even if it's not solid.

Sure you might have your way about winning this game with your amazing reads but it's unfair that you don't give us an opportunity to read you and then get mad at the wagon attempting to force you to give content. The sooner you give us a bone and shut us down the sooner we can move on and have less people distracted by you attempting to avoid the NK.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Like I'm already shitted off by being in this game, bc its the worst setup with the weakest playerlist. I don't want other rogue elements coming in and obfuscating the entire thing when it SHOULD be simple enough to just solve the game and be done with the entire thing by the end of the week.

That said, it seems like people are more interested in protecting their scum games by playing blatantly anti town and claiming it's their town meta. So idek any more.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 680, Dannflor wrote:if I'm scum they are scum thoughts and wouldn't be real thoughts, or would be AI

if you're going with the "I didn't tell them my role PM theory" then they are still town thoughts!
The problem is that if you are scum what stops you from taking their thoughts and just presenting them as town own. And even if they know you are scum, they have enough brains to put reads together that can make some kind of objective sense to allow you to present in a townie way.

That is my concern.
Don't @ me.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Dannflor »

taking a step back from all this team strategy talk stuff since it seems to be a difference in philosophy

Are you scum reading me? Are you unsure and have doubts? If so why and where are those doubts placed
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

You're a dramatic grouch Espeon not sure I buy it. You remind me of Reck in TM last year tho and he was town.
A push on someone other than Auro might help you solve seeing as there are more than 1 scum on a scumteam. Can you be more specific than "most of the playerlist"
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 684, Dannflor wrote:taking a step back from all this team strategy talk stuff since it seems to be a difference in philosophy

Are you scum reading me? Are you unsure and have doubts? If so why and where are those doubts placed
I think you are too strong a player to be so wrong without questioning why others aren't agreeing with you. So I'm worried that is because you are scum. That said, were I right on Auro your scum equity goes down.

So I have misgivings but they should iron out. If I am wrong on Auro I think he's being pocketed by potentially you though. I feel like sorting Auro clears up a lot about the game given how little vote count moment has happened. So don't worry, I'll get a read on you later. You and Dunn occupy a lot fo the same space in my head as well which is an issue int he short term.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 685, CheekyTeeky wrote:You're a dramatic grouch Espeon not sure I buy it. You remind me of Reck in TM last year tho and he was town.
A push on someone other than Auro might help you solve seeing as there are more than 1 scum on a scumteam. Can you be more specific than "most of the playerlist"
I have voiced misgivings about a lot of slots and talked about potentially being wrong on Auro and what that might mean for the game state.

And sure. I would be down to Lynch of Auro, Dunn, Dann, Ceph, and Kitty. Possibly more depending on how the wagon forms and what happens around that.

I really resent being compared to Reck but I get it. I've developed an ego so I guess it makes sense.
Don't @ me.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I see the opposite as true if Auro flips scum in that it implicates Dann and if he's town that implicates Espeon.

What advantage would Dann have in pocketing Auro?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 688, CheekyTeeky wrote:I see the opposite as true if Auro flips scum in that it implicates Dann and if he's town that implicates Espeon.

What advantage would Dann have in pocketing Auro?
Auro is argumentative and vocal. Both strong qualities in someone town reading you.

My breakdown is that I doubt the entire scum team would jump on to a wagon all together, which is why I would not expect a prominent three person wagon to contain more than 1 or 2 scum.
Don't @ me.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 686, Espeonage wrote:I think you are too strong a player to be so wrong without questioning why others aren't agreeing with you.
I feel like I've done nothing but question what's up with the Auro wagon this game. I feel strongly about it but I've also been trying to dissect *why* people are scum reading him.
In post 687, Espeonage wrote:Auro, Dunn, Dann, Ceph, and Kitty.
I could also say the same thing regarding this list, which fmpov looks like 5 town. Besides Auro, most of those slots have a fair amount of town reads too.

What does your list of town or lean-town look like?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Everyone except you Auro and Dunn.

However that comes with the caveat that I think two of them are probably town. Which means gut says that Kitty and a lurker are probably scum with one of you three.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Should also be noted that I reckon NSG is more likely to be town in my book than most of the other lurkers.
Don't @ me.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 689, Espeonage wrote:Auro is argumentative and vocal. Both strong qualities in someone town reading you.

My breakdown is that I doubt the entire scum team would jump on to a wagon all together, which is why I would not expect a prominent three person wagon to contain more than 1 or 2 scum.
Sure they're strong qualities if he's generally being townread and listened to but the amount of shade shovelled there early on has buried his mana pretty quick. Dann jumped in to defend after Auro had lost credibility.

I agree with the proportion of scum likely on that wagon.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I'd be happy lynching FF, Dong, Hopkirk in that order. I don't know how my reads aren't vibing much with where everybody else is at. I think I'll give the thread some time to breathe for a while.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Oh yeah I'd Lynch ff too.
Don't @ me.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 693, CheekyTeeky wrote:buried his mana
Yus. I'll post it a few hours.

Esp, associatives don't matter much - especially in White Flag, we're going to have very weird ones. The utility of just a scum lynch is very high, so if there's reason to believe someone's scum, we should just lynch.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Ok cool, if there actually any reason why NSG has higher scum equity than other people?
Don't @ me.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Auro »

Yes, her refusal to play/prioritize D1.
(Hint: are you following TM as a whole?)

Can you think of any town motivation for a probable N1 kill (altho not at this point) being reticent to the point of not posting the reads they already have?

I can imagine scum motivation, BoP. NSG as scum can't bus teammates, and driving a town lynch would be held against her. Not "participating" also explains away that she won't be NK'd.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Esp I am really surprised by you treating NSG like she's a run of the mill lurker while you're going so heavy handed on what you think the
right way
to play team mafia is (which seems to be pretty similar to what you think is the right way to play normal mafia).

Spoiler:
In post 669, northsidegal wrote:dann, what exactly do you think my plan is as scum here? you know that i actually CAN play scum, right? i've endgamed as scum before in white flag (i'm CultOfAthena). i have the capability to put words to paper as scum, especially if it were team mafia, and especially with RC on my team. (personally i would say that the reason i say less as scum in general is more due to lack of interest rather than lack of ability, but that's neither here nor there)

this game is just as important to my team as the others, and that's exactly why we're going with this strategy. i would never be doing this if i wasn't confident in my ability to show that i'm town when the time comes.

voting me is a mistake and won't make me play differently. with the time left in the day and my focus on other games if i switched now then i likely wouldn't get an optimal lynch but i would still paint a target on my back.
In post 515, northsidegal wrote:i apologize if this is frustrating, but my team unanimously agrees that it's best for me to spend my time elsewhere. if i don't get nightkilled this game will be my first priority tomorrow.

Scum or not, she's basically banking on her paragon reputation to prod dodge to delay her slot contributing anything substantive until d2, and pretending that this is pro town. For the purpose of "priorit[izing]" Other Things for her team. Besides being disrespectful, I find it pro-scum and scummy because positioning herself as a "No info kill" is more important to her than doing anything besides MAKING WIFOM SELF-META CASES or MOVING HER RVS VOTE ONTO THE SCUMREAD SHE CLAIMED TO HAVE. As scum she is forced to walk an awkward line in this player list of it making sense for her to live a while, without being scummy enough to lynch. In my mind that is better reason for this strat than whatever the deluded "pro town" value is she's claiming.

Clear up for me why, of the lurkers, she is more likely to be town for you.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”