Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 847, Formerfish wrote:There are multiple people telling you the opposite and you refuse to listen, but you pick out one opinion and want us to change how we see.

How egotistical are you?
Quote the multiple people explaining why it's anti-town.
I'm not egotistical, you guys are either scum or thick :P

I just arrived at work, I'll have to dig up your chainsaw post, will do it in sometime.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 849, Dannflor wrote:FF what are you hoping to get out of this debate?
I think im talking myself back into an Auro top scum read and im building my case.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 850, Auro wrote:Quote the multiple people explaining why it's anti-town.
People don't need to explain things to your liking for it to be true, your role pm dictated that long before you opened your mouth and let us all see which color you got as clearly as you did when you opened the pm.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by Dannflor »

You never stopped voting Auro

Who became your top scum read instead?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by Formerfish »

B761DvpHuBw

pedit- Auro dropped lower to a scum lean because of interactions earlier. I was looking at others but had no reason to change my vote at that time. Nothing came up with the people I was scum reading and then this happened and pushed him further back down my list. Should I be more rigid with my read?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 854, Formerfish wrote:

pedit- Auro dropped lower to a scum lean because of interactions earlier. I was looking at others but had no reason to change my vote at that time. Nothing came up with the people I was scum reading and then this happened and pushed him further back down my list. Should I be more rigid with my read?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 852, Formerfish wrote:
In post 850, Auro wrote:Quote the multiple people explaining why it's anti-town.
People don't need to explain things to your liking for it to be true, your role pm dictated that long before you opened your mouth and let us all see which color you got as clearly as you did when you opened the pm.
No. I'm challenging you to qualify your statement. You're so concerned that I'm refusing to listen, no? So I'm asking who ever explained how it's scummy in the first place.

Go ahead.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Auro »

FF: False statement
Auro: Back it up
FF: people don't need to explain it to you for it to be true, you're scum hurr durr
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 524, Formerfish wrote:For a chainsaw defense you dont have to lynch Dunn, you just have to attack him for attacking Gob
Firstly, and most importantly, chainsaw defences don't qualify as a useful scumtell *until* there's a red flip.

Secondly, I wasn't critical of Dunn - I simply argued with him about the read. I awarded him a few "minus points" which shouldn't be misconstrued for a scumread.

Thirdly, the state of my reads changed pretty fast as a result of that argument. This is atypical for a chainsaw defense.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by KittyMo »

The current exchange literally made me facepalm.

This is the same sort of premise that I think Dunn responded to me with earlier without addressing
on what merits he is instead reading Auro on that are more worth looking at
. It's useful to know that being Auro being hyper-focused on self-defense is purportedly in his town range and that does inform my thinking, but like it's...also just a data point that I have to figure out how to best integrate with many more. I'm not interested in getting sucked into this circular argument, but that's my take on it, anyway.
In post 837, Auro wrote:
In post 833, KittyMo wrote:I am still looking for specific insight into this specific statement you made about Joan. If you're not able to dig to get the context back then whatever, come back to it later. I just want to make it clear that "I'm not concerned about BBmolla right now" is not answering my question.
I have some meta experience with Joan. I trust Dunn's reasoning given he has a lot more meta experience with her (to my knowledge). I recall that Gob was being pushed at that time, even if he wasn't the biggest wagon.

Yes, it's somewhat a logical leap. And because it was a leap, it only took her to "very slightly town". What about it?
Because I'm trying to figure out if it was a real read or if you were buddying Dunn or what.

The context that it felt like there was a lot of pressure on gobble prob explains why you were treating it as a wagon without fact checking though.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 859, KittyMo wrote:The current exchange literally made me facepalm.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 835, Auro wrote:
In post 830, Formerfish wrote:Town can have their agency captured by scum without knowing it. You saying that town feeling a certain way about you makes you town is a bad logical argument to make
Oh, so now town has a false perspective because I lulled them and robbed them of their agency... versus Espeonage simply being incorrect.
Wait...what? That's not what FF is saying at all and you twisting it this way seems intentional in order to shade him. I don't know why town would do that; do you scumread him?

It's hard to buy your defense as a pro-town tactic when you depart from an argument of good faith.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by Auro »

Kitty, this conversation, to my eyes, is an attack on FF more than a defense of myself.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 861, CheekyTeeky wrote:Wait...what? That's not what FF is saying at all and you twisting it this way seems intentional in order to shade him. I don't know why town would do that; do you scumread him?
FF literally said I said that town feeling a certain way about me makes me town. I said that's wrong. Intent behind my original post was that at least one reasonable town voice thinks I'm not being anti-town and that must beg some re-evaluation. FF's response was that town can have their agency captured without knowing it.

What do you think he was saying?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Me any time Auro starts defending.

Don't @ me.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 843, Auro wrote: No, but: you should realize that there's at least one reasonable town perspective that thinks Auro is being pro-town, and reassess whether your accusations that he's anti-town carry as much merit as you think it does.
Can you clarify who you're referring to with "at least one reasonable town perspective"?
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 863, Auro wrote:What do you think he was saying?
Yes that's a rehash but you effectively dodged his point that some people town reading you doesn't mean they're right. Expecting people to reassess you based on some people town reading you seems laughable? How often do you think 'oh wait people are town reading this person I must be wrong' - if you're anything like most players, you think you're right regardless of what other people think.

Your response in looked designed to make FF seem stupid/scummy for suggesting you were committing the appeal to popularity logical fallacy; Which you were, so I feel like you're doubling down and discrediting where you should be giving some credit to the fact that your initial argument was illogical.

Do you scumread FF?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Auro »

@KittyMo: Dann, Dunn, myself.

@Cheeky: I didn't ask to reassess the read, Cheeky. I wasn't asking for people to townread me because XYZ are townreading me. I was specifically talking about Esp's continuous insistence that my style was anti-town; that if some reasonable townsfolk think it's not anti-town (or better: actually pro-town) then Esp should reassess whether that line of attack holds any merit, regardless of the overall read on me.

Besides, I'm willing to admit I'm wrong - then just explain how my style was/is anti-town? I've challenged esp/FF on this multiple times just to hear over and over that it's scummy without any rationale, or rebuttal to my explanation of why I believe it's towny.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Auro »

And yeah, I'm scumreading FF.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 843, Auro wrote:
In post 839, Formerfish wrote:If someone is an IC does that make everything they say gospel? You are acting like town can never be wrong about a read and therefore we should tr you because someone you tr does?
No, but: you should realize that there's at least one reasonable town perspective that thinks Auro is being pro-town, and reassess whether your accusations that he's anti-town carry as much merit as you think it does.
If we all played this way we would no lynch every day
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 801, Espeonage wrote:.

I have no evidence against you if it makes you feel better. If I had to take a guess on it, it would be that I agree with you the most which feels really damn weird in this oddball game. Which is why you are one of the only people who I feel is playing the game at the moment.
Huh. Why is it weird for us specifically to agree?
In post 528, Formerfish wrote:I took Gobs 344 way differently than you did. I'll wait for Gob to chime in before I give my 2 cents though.
Is now a good time for this? In his current absence I'm pondering that the early rudeness with you two may have been theater. :b

"plz don't swear" -- N
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by Auro »

I'll take a break from the thread for a day or two.

{KittyMo, CheekyTeeky}
{Cephrir, Dann, Dunn}
{BBMolla, Dong}
{FF, Gob}
{Espeonage, NSG}

Hopkirk I dunno where to place you, sorry :P
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 867, Auro wrote:Besides, I'm willing to admit I'm wrong - then just explain how my style was/is anti-town?
I don't even think anti-town==scummy.

I guess to tl;dr my beef. It was that you were being sarcastic in your response which looked like a misrep. This is against you purporting that your defense is actually pro-town and that you use your defense to sort people.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by Auro »

Okay. I was being sarcastic, but also take into account I'm very annoyed by that line of attack.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 772, BBmolla wrote:
In post 758, Donempire wrote:UNVOTE:

I'm not sure im ready to go full on esp yet. I need to read up some more, so i could settle with NSG for now.
My townbloc is still auro and hopkirk, but i would like to see more from gobble. Auros latest posts i still like but i havent read all of hopkirks responses. Either way i'm not going to worry too much about this bundling.

I would really like to push on some of esps weak points but im waiting for a clearing so i can make a full on case on him, i can probably do it in wednesday, so no rush right now. As of now im fine with a NSG lynch but not too thrilled about any other wagons.
this posts blows

so much fence sitty shit
Ok
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”