Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Donempire »

Auro wrote:Dong's "solve" is extremely wonky. His scumpool is effectively Auro/Gobbles/Dann.
I'm trying to get Gob lynched, and Dann's willing to flip that too, so the only pair remaining is Dann+Auro.

And that solve doesn't match with his gamestate read (scum want to control the game or whatever).
It does? You and dann have been incredibly active. It seems like you are trying to refute something you havent bothered to understand.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm really confused where Dong's Cheeky read went
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Auro »

In post 2600, Donempire wrote:You and dann have been incredibly active.
Exactly, and why would we bother to be "incredibly active" when the rest of town collectively agrees on lynching some variation of Gobble/Hopkirk/FF/Dong etc with occasional bouts of paranoia on us?
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 2597, Dannflor wrote:Dong, what makes Auro scummier than your other suspects?

Also, why have you cleared Cheeky suddenly?
I already said my scumpool is you, auro and gobble. I reread gobble and his behaviour, while suspicious doesnt seem to have an agenda. Hes too unfocused and unplanned and he seems to be universally scumread, which isnt something his scum partner if there was one would have allowed, seeing as he doesnt seem too capable of defending himself.

Okay, i wont kid you, cheeky isnt fully cleared, at least if we are going based on my theory. But i dont want to lynch her, and my reasoning is this post by auro:
Auro wrote:Dann, your team should discuss and come to a conclusion. Seems like Eddie wants Dong dead, Ank Hopkirk, and tw Cheeky.
Guess i cant explain this better without revealing my full intention - alas, you can consider my scumpool to contain cheeky in it. I just townread her the most out of the grouping.
The other 4 i nentioned cant be scum.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 2602, Auro wrote:
In post 2600, Donempire wrote:You and dann have been incredibly active.
Exactly, and why would we bother to be "incredibly active" when the rest of town collectively agrees on lynching some variation of Gobble/Hopkirk/FF/Dong etc with occasional bouts of paranoia on us?
So that those occasional bouts of paranoia doesnt spiral out of your control. Danns been active this whole game - if he deserted now because towns heading in a mislynch who is to say he wont be locked into the mobs eyes tomorrow because he suspiciously went away yesterday? You havent been a notable presence - if you arent active in the last couple days you can easily go to the wolves.
Is there any problem with this thinking?
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 2587, CheekyTeeky wrote:Dong why'd you leave Hopkirk out of the target list?
He's always been out

Its back to theory again, i liked his day 1 posts but the read became weaker as i stopped seeing his name. I have to guess its due to him being disinterested after his teammate was banned. Hope im not overstepping my boundaries with this but i dont think hop!scum leaves his scum partner to die by going afk when they are one man and one game down.

I dont think his posts are that notable, but i guess they dont have to be.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 2586, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2582, Donempire wrote:Ceph isnt scum...
I know. It was a joke.
Im dense :(
Formerly Dongempire
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Auro »

In post 2603, Donempire wrote:he seems to be universally scumread,
which isnt something his scum partner if there was one would have allowed
Spoiler: Uh huh
In post 1211, BBmolla wrote:Don’t like Gobble wagon.
In post 2109, BBmolla wrote:Can we not lynch gobbles

It accomplishes nothing if he’s town
In post 2171, BBmolla wrote:Because this push is notably horrendous
In post 2174, BBmolla wrote:Gobbles countered everything you said and you just keep adding more shit to the pile

you're trying to make a square fit into a circular hole and it's painful
In post 2178, BBmolla wrote:gobbles is tactful, he knows he's not about to lead this town when there are bigger egos who'd prefer to

I don't understand why you think this makes him scum
In post 2180, BBmolla wrote:If I'm at LYLO and it's between you and him I'm voting you

that's all I'll leave it at
In post 2185, BBmolla wrote:
In post 2182, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2179, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2175, BBmolla wrote:
In post 2128, CheekyTeeky wrote:Spews Cephrir town. Talks about scum NSG the most but votes Dong.
if you don't recall, yesterday NSG wagoned was discouraged by multiple people
Now you're being dumb. This has nothing to do with my push on Turkey, you're just strawmanning too.
Omfg. My push on Turkey isn't about him defending NSG it's about his bullshit scumread there early and last minute vote. It's about progression and you know that you're just being a fucking idiot.

I'm so angry but glad you outted to defend your buddy. Neither of you endgame.

Glgl I'm out.
Then lynch me
In post 2193, BBmolla wrote:ya'll are high af

seriously what game are you reading
In post 2194, BBmolla wrote:I'll go today if you fucks want, I don't want to be in this town tbh, ya'll are fucking impossible to work with
In post 2196, BBmolla wrote:Convince me on Gobbles, like I literally don't understand, go

Dongempire wrote:You havent been a notable presence - if you arent active in the last couple days you can easily go to the wolves.
Is there any problem with this thinking?
Two, actually.
I was active before too.
And na, I'm already townread by enough slots enough to make me a less plausible lynch than [Hop|FF|Dong|Gobble]. The
amount
of activity I'd need to keep myself at a townread is far lesser than it is right now. I can pop in occasionally and demand Hopkirk/whoever to post and piss off, maybe throw out some colored reads list, etc etc.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 2579, gobbledygook wrote:Yay you guys didn't lynch me. I will have more time to do this after tomorrow.
Push BB then.
You're saying that BB is your projected candidate for gobble yet he usnt in your lynchpool. If you suspect gobble, you should also suspect BB yes? Otherwise whats the point in bringing up his posts to show equity

You keep throwing that lynchpool around unchanged. Far as i know you havent made a case for any of them. It makes me sure that all the names in that is confirmed to be town and its your projected mislynchpool for the next days.
Note how i said notable presence. Your posting from day 1 and 2 are nothing to write home about, its barely any better content than hopkirk and you say as much as he does in about 3 times the posts. Your posting today is a lot more careful and planned, now that high activity posters like FF and Dunn are silent and your posts are in the limelight. I understand you dont see yourself as a possible lynch from your own POV, but that shitty lynchpool of yours is not something everyone considers, and you're still hanging by a thread.
Also, please quote me fully next time. I said "so the bouts of paranoia doesnt spiral out of control" and your posting today has been all about that. If you're mildly scumread it only takes a simple push from cephrir, me, ff, hop, cheeky and you'll be gone in a whim. You arent townread by anyone here. You're in that lynchpool you keep throwing around, but you dont want to admit it, so here we are.

You arent universally townread. You know it, so why are you pretending like this isnt the case, and like you can post anything and get away with it?
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Donempire »

My post was directed at how he said there were two problems with my line of thinking, in case this gets isod.
Formerly Dongempire
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

Auro, how are you reading Dong
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Auro »

In post 2608, Donempire wrote:Far as i know you havent made a case for any of them.
What reality are you living in xD I made soooo many posts on BB/Gobble scum. I've made cases for Hopkirk town Perhaps read my posts before you make dumb attacks?

Who's not considering that lynch pool, apart from the people inside the lynch pool?

"You aren't townread by anyone here [Cephrir, Dong, Cheeky, Hop, FF] this is also incorrect; as a simple exercise, do retrieve the last read Cheeky/Hop/Cephrir made on me. In other words, read the game. :P

@Dann: Loony town.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Auro »

Also works as Gob partner :P
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Auro »

In post 2608, Donempire wrote:you're still hanging by a thread
Opposite. I'm unlynchable today, buddy.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Donempire »

Mind bringing them up? Your cases for BB/Gob i mean.
Also, quite conveniently ignoring half of my post. Guess you dont really disagree with that then.
Also, you're still not townread, but i like my scum cocky so im not going to dwell on it. Makes the inevitable lynch and win more satisfying.
Formerly Dongempire
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Auro »

The half where you say I've done not much more than Hopkirk, when it's evident from the other half that you've read jack shit of my posts?

"Read my posts properly, and others' posts properly" should answer the entirety of your post.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Dannflor »

Hey Dong, I'm starting to think you might be town.

Assume I'm town, do you think an Auro/Gobble pair is likely? Or an Auro/Cheeky?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Dannflor »

And to add on to that, do you have concerns about me game-state read aside?
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Donempire »

I dont, but i might come around to Auro/Cheeky if you were mod confirmed.

Read aside no, i think your gameplay has been commendable. Your activity has been great. Nonetheless i like to believe my theory is correct.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:51 am

Post by Donempire »

To clarify, i dont think the interactions you and auro had were organic. Early game there were so little to speak of its not worth mentioning and right now it feels like you're asking questions you know the answers to. Cheeky/auro interactions in contrast has been more unpredictable in where it will lead up, although i cant recall too many that occured, only a few.
Formerly Dongempire
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'm going to start reading some isos. I have a couple of hours.

Before I start, my current thought process is that Dann/Gobble is the scumteam, but we never lynch Dann there, and if Gobbles flips town we never lynch Dann.

Dong and Auro are town.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2619, Donempire wrote:To clarify, i dont think the interactions you and auro had were organic. Early game there were so little to speak of its not worth mentioning and right now it feels like you're asking questions you know the answers to.
Right now I'm asking Auro some maybe-obvious questions because I actually have a little bit of paranoia there. Not enough to make me really doubt my read but I like to double check things.

Early game... IDK I like to think my interactions would be more subtle with a buddy than strong arming people off the Auro wagon early game as I did. I understand how that could seem suspicious but I don't know how it fits into any larger gameplan.

My main issue with your theory are players like FF who seem to have real IRL excuses for not being able to play. I doubt that would change whether they were town or scum, which I think pokes a hole in your "scum would be active here" theory. For example, it's possible a Hopkirk/FF team would want to be active here but just can't.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 2620, Hopkirk wrote:
Dong and Auro are town.
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

@Dann regarding hop and former
I discussed it with my team as well and they are on board with it. Thing is i dont think i can fully discuss hopkirk without breaking some kind of rule but i'll try

My read on former isnt just that. I dont think i can say it any different so apologies if it sounds samey but basically: scum dont benefit from creating a scum counterwagon to look like they've been cleared.
For this instance, lets say scum!FF counterwagoned nsg to make it seem like he was cleared. If we had to lynch all scum in the game, i'd be all for looking into FF further. With this scum!FF guarenteed a scum lynch for that day AND their partner can still fall under scrutiny and be lynched since he hasnt been cleared like ff effectively has been. So scum has no clear benefit to open up a counterwagon on another scum who hasnt been much of a consideration up until that point.

Hopkirk is different. To paraphrase what i said to my team:
Hopkirk might just be disinterested after his teammate got banned. As scum i dont think he leaves his partner to die but as town him going afk isnt too big of a deal.
I know irl issues are a part of it too but i believe this also had an adverse effect. Please dont ban me idk if this constitutes OGI
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 571, CheekyTeeky wrote:I can't bus them it's white flag!
FF would also know this.
Formerly Dongempire
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Elements' modkill had no effect on my activity.
In post 2464, Dannflor wrote:Hopkirk, you’re not one of my top scum picks but that’s such a weird thought process regardless.

A: why do I need a Hop lynch to win? I think if I really wanted to I could drive a lynch on anyone except maybe Cheeky and Cephrir.

B: why would voting you be a scum claim? Why would Eddie have or even needed to have coached that? Why is the that the one distinguishing factor in my alignment?
Based on the trajectory you've said Eddie has on me- thinking I can solve- if he believes that (why does he?) then it becomes substantially more beneficial for scum-you to push me today before I get the opportunity. You don't
need
it to win, things just become messier and more attention pointing to you if you have to hard debate it at any point.
In post 2478, CheekyTeeky wrote:I challenge anyone to multi-iso Dann/Auro and tell me that those initial interactions are natural.
I want to try and iso all the consensusy town reads.
In post 2588, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2578, Auro wrote:Dann, your team should discuss and come to a conclusion. Seems like Eddie wants Dong dead, Ank Hopkirk, and tw Cheeky.

I'm not sure what I'd want Ank to specifically look at in the game. Activity levels from a lot of suspect slots have been low.
We’re pretty settled on Hopkirk... for right now. That might change as people catch up.

Duck hasn’t had time to read as much so he’s really only given passing thoughts.
Can you go into more on why Ank and Eddie think that I'm scum in terms of specifics? Not particularly concerned about you or Duck's reads there.
In post 2599, Auro wrote:Dong's "solve" is extremely wonky. His scumpool is effectively Auro/Gobbles/Dann.
I'm trying to get Gob lynched, and Dann's willing to flip that too, so the only pair remaining is Dann+Auro.

And that solve doesn't match with his gamestate read (scum want to control the game or whatever).
You think Dann looks willing to lynch Gobble? None of his team want to push Gobble today, he's listed Gobble as someone we might compromise on later - but that's not anti-pairing indicative since he's framed his perspective on the game as fluid, is a big voice in the thread, and would clearly have scope to avoid a compromise lynch purely by saying 'actually let's lynch this person instead as Eddie just got a hard scumread and we changed our minds.'

Very interested in why they're not a pairing. I'm surprised that none of Dann's team seem notably suspicious of Gobble here.

Gobble likely only flips scum with effort-Dann or low effort players like Molla/Fish. Fish remains a townread. No convinced a scumteam goes for the d1 bus then remains super active with Gobble in it unless they have a decent control of the thread, and nobody else fits in the activity sweet spot I'd expect from a Gobble scumpartner.

Hop 'Hopdrop' Hop
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”