gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:34 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Auro I will be around in 3 hours. Doing house work and the like right now.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:40 am

Post by Donempire »

Auro covered his tracks well but theres one problem with it, and thats the VCs.

Spoiler:
url=viewtopic.php?p=11518791#p11518791]post 1523 [/url], T-Bone"]
Vote Count
northsidegal - 7
(Kittymo, Dunnstral, gobbledygook, BBMolla, Dannflor, Cephrir, Dongempire)
Formerfish - 2
( northsidegal, Espeonage)
BBMolla - 2
(CheekyTeeky, Formerfish)
gobbledygook - 1
(Hopkirk)

Not Voting - 1
(Auro)

Activity Check - Lynch at #1460

Deadline: (expired on 2020-01-17 22:59:30)
[/quote]

The problem isnt that he didnt vote northsidegal
despite being the third highest activity poster, so he cant say he missed it,
but also that he didnt vote anyone. As i said, he was third highest poster and yet he was still undecided on the day 1 lynch despite there being 2 clear choices for wagons.
Oh but of course, he didnt forget to
In post 1168, Auro wrote:
In post 1167, PenguinPower wrote:Formerfish
VOTE: FF

L-1
.. put formerfish at l-1, and then unvoted 4 posts later. Thats just him being afraid of being responsible for formers lynch, because if you think formers scum and you put him on l-1, you dont pull it back. Only reason for such a stupid pullback is if he was trying to get someone to lolhammer for him and then blame the hammerer tomorrow so nsg wouldnt be pushed as hard.

Spoiler:
In post 392, Auro wrote:
In post 379, northsidegal wrote:if i were scum, i wouldn't have any problem having rc just give me things to say. i don't have nearly as much time as i would like right now and while it really pains me to be playing this way in front of the entire site, i don't want to be killed before i can actually impact the game.

also, i don't really care to unvote if it's not doing any damage.
NSG I'm inclined to believe you have time for TM *for reasons*, can you come play the game kthanx

Also this post is very bad for shading nsg but not giving any real reasons for that so others cant follow up on interrogating nsg about it. Also despite this he never pushed on nsg even though he claims to know of the "reasons" she CAN play but neither discloses that or pushes her on that fact, which i find odd because then why would you bother bringing it up especially after she kept on being inactive
In post 713, Auro wrote:
In post 712, Espeonage wrote:there's no reason to doubt that she is telling the truth
In post 698, Auro wrote:I can imagine scum motivation, BoP. NSG as scum can't bus teammates, and driving a town lynch would be held against her. Not "participating" also explains away that she won't be NK'd.
Also cases against nsg here, but never pushes her. He responses with the possible scum motivation for nsg while also saying she will be easier to sort out. Does this seem like town trying to lynch a suspected scum or a scum partner trying to keep her alive while pointing out the things that make her suspicious so it isnt too obvious and he gets free cred? I mean, if he was trying to lynch her, you'd expect him to vote her at least once.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Auro »

>FF L-1 thing: His reaction made me unvote
>Hoping someone lolhammers: That's an awfully short period of time to expect someone to lolhammer
>Never pushes her: she wasn't playing the game, also I wasn't the only slot worried about her lynch being super bad for town if town
>
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:53 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Auro, will be here momentarily. Need to get setup at computer.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:37 am

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Cheeky
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Donempire »

Compare his indecisiveness on nsg to him being super sure on espeonage day 2:

Spoiler:
In post 1582, Auro wrote:Espe seems like the obvious choice, I'm interested to know why Dunn is unsure. Too scummy to be scum?
In post 1751, Auro wrote:
In post 1749, CheekyTeeky wrote:Don't be scummy now I don't want to face the uphill climb of trying to get you lynched.
We should just flashwagon Esp today.

And what does he have to support this foolproof case?
In post 708, Auro wrote:
In post 682, Espeonage wrote:Like I'm already shitted off by being in this game, bc its the worst setup with the weakest playerlist. I don't want other rogue elements coming in and obfuscating the entire thing when it SHOULD be simple enough to just solve the game and be done with the entire thing by the end of the week.

That said, it seems like people are more interested in protecting their scum games by playing blatantly anti town and claiming it's their town meta. So idek any more.
This post feels fake to me.
This is his only post that gave a reason he could scumread espeonage.
This is it.

All the while he was doing that, he was continuously setting up gobble to be the next lynch,
In post 2219, Auro wrote:
In post 2216, Dunnstral wrote:I feel like nsg wouldn't have happened without gobble though
Doubt it
In post 2226, Auro wrote:Scum Gobbles giving up is not a plausible scenario?
In post 2191, Auro wrote:FF, all the reasons for Gobscum are from the last few pages.

-Heavy unnatural AtE
-Made up reads (Esp, Cheeky etc)
-Molla's chainsaw

We can lynch both, but I want the faster win :P
(Also the reasons he gives for gobble are awful, the only thing that hes correct on is bbs chainsaw but even then the reasons he gives are just window dressing so he can hop on the wagon and say he had his own reasons)
Formerly Dongempire
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Auro »

>"seems like the obvious choice" implies I don't have to case him to push him - the reasons are "obvious", there for everyone to see.
>"We should flashwagon" for reactions
>Why are "heavy unnatural AtE" and "made up content" awful reasons? I provide even more reasons, why ignore them?
>"Window dressing" nothing stops anyone from asking me to detail my reasons, though?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Auro »

In post 3303, gobbledygook wrote:Auro, will be here momentarily. Need to get setup at computer.
Sure. I might go to sleep soon (timezones ugh).

Can we talk assuming both of us are town? What do you think of Cheeky?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:55 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Cheeky is someone that my little birds have been saying has a high possibility to be scum given that she’s been a driving factor on all of the town wagons so far.

I think she’s probably town given her emotional posting since Day 1. That said, I really hated the self vote today. That is something I used to do all the time as scum on my homesite.

I also may be drinking too much wine but I thought she would have been nightkilled already. I really think that there’s something to the nightkills despite you disagreeing with that premise.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:09 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Why do you say Cheeky is likely to be scum independent of who hammers you?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Auro »

Okay - this is a big ask, but emotional posting seems like something that can be verified in meta - have you checked to see that she only does this as town? If we were to skim her scum games, and find that she's a very... emotional player there as well, would that change your mind?

What's the degree of confidence in your scumread of me?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:15 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 3310, Auro wrote:Okay - this is a big ask, but emotional posting seems like something that can be verified in meta - have you checked to see that she only does this as town? If we were to skim her scum games, and find that she's a very... emotional player there as well, would that change your mind?

What's the degree of confidence in your scumread of me?
Confidence is low across the board except for BB I would say.

30% for you being scum. 50-60 for Dong.

It would change my mind. I just lost to Cheeky scum and she didn’t seem emotional in that game. She seemed very matter of fact.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Auro »

In post 3309, gobbledygook wrote:Why do you say Cheeky is likely to be scum independent of who hammers you?
She was already part of one lolhammer. She's not 100% sure I'm scum - far from it. She knows that it's plausible I get hammered if I stay at L-1. A hammer cuts discussion, and leaves only one correct lynch for a town win in LyLo - where all town have to vote correctly.

Knowing the dangers of keeping me at L-1, as town she most definitely should not be doing that. Especially if she's not 100% I'm scum. I'd rather believe she's scum than believe town!her can make that bad a play. There are other things I think she just doesn't grok me on, but definitely understands this.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Auro »

Ok. I'll try meta diving to cross-check her behavior - I think it shouldn't be time consuming. Would you be willing to do it too?

Who would Dong's partner be? What's your basis for scumreading Dong? Assume Auro town and Dong town; who then?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Auro »

Why are you happy with having your reads at low confidence? Aren't there things you want to engage upon with other slots? I've read your previous towngames and observed that you're a pretty competent scumhunter; you haven't done this yet in this game, nowhere near the same degree at least - can I expect you to start now, and not just with my slot?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:24 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 3313, Auro wrote:Ok. I'll try meta diving to cross-check her behavior - I think it shouldn't be time consuming. Would you be willing to do it too?

Who would Dong's partner be? What's your basis for scumreading Dong? Assume Auro town and Dong town; who then?
Then I think Dann/Cheeky/Fish has to contain both scum, which is just depressing to think about.
I would be willing. You’ve already sort of seen her scum game though because I think you linked it as a game for my town game. Micromence Vengeful
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:25 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 3314, Auro wrote:Why are you happy with having your reads at low confidence? Aren't there things you want to engage upon with other slots? I've read your previous towngames and observed that you're a pretty competent scumhunter; you haven't done this yet in this game, nowhere near the same degree at least - can I expect you to start now, and not just with my slot?
What gives you the impression im happy about them being low confidence? I tend to focus on certain things for a while and then move to another thing to focus on. It’s easier for me to process games that way.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Auro »

Well I wouldn't expect her to be emotional throughout games every time as scum. If she is in even a couple of scumgames though, that would mean emotionality is not outside her scumrange.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Auro »

In post 3316, gobbledygook wrote:What gives you the impression im happy about them being low confidence?
Throughout the game I haven't seen you act on them that much?

Like I said I feel a clear distinction between your town play and your play here. There's a chance you've simply not gotten the opportunity to aggressively engage and gamesolve yet, or I'm wrong and this is your towngame.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:48 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 3318, Auro wrote:Throughout the game I haven't seen you act on them that much?
Wouldn’t that indicate apprehension and unsureness and at the very least not happiness? I think it’s odd to derive a that i have happy state of mind given the data you’re looking at.

I think this is unfortunately an aspect of my town game. I’m not infallible. I have plenty of games to show that too.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Auro »

By happiness I mean not excited enough to be the aggressive player you felt like in those games.

Yes, it would help immensely if you can show me similar behaviour in previous town games. Please link.

I'll be sleeping soon.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:00 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Will be able to link tonight but you’ll be asleep. Can’t do rn, sorry
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Donempire »

Moving onto D3, things dont look good for auro still.

He is still pushing the gob lynch on the premises that dunn was killed so the scumteam can push me... the scumteam of himself. Because no one other than gob himself came to my wagon or tried to push it in any meaningfull manner.
He also still doesnt have ANY good reasons beyond surface level to suspect gob:
In post 2266, Auro wrote:Wifom worked to avoid his lynch end of D2.
Also, look at his entrance today.
Citing wifom saved him, the same thing which also saved former and bb on d1. Last i checked we only had room for 2 scummates alive.
But that doesnt matter. Auro says it himself:
In post 2245, Auro wrote:Dunn was pushing Dong, right?
I just want to lynch the turkey though.

Spoiler:
In post 2295, Auro wrote:
In post 304, Hopkirk wrote:I’m fairly discouraged at this point following the recent modkill and consequent tiebreaker implications. Been off work today and this is the fourth time I’ve opened up the site intending to get into the game then getting demotivated and just closing it.

I don’t think any of my team particularly joined with the expectation of winning, mostly to try and enjoy the games. They’ve been in general a lot less fun than I expected (tonewise trying to read has been a slog) and I’m struggling to find the motivation to help my team. I’m glad I got the game I did since people here actually seem enjoyable to play with. I’m basically treating this as a normal game rather than team mafia, albeit one where Hectic can occasionally weigh in, and where the mods read everything in our PTs so I can force the mods to read my erotica if I put game related content interspace throughout it.

The modkill itself results in a tiebreaker in the large theme which is pretty central to why I’m discouraged- we can’t mechanically win unless conditions so unlikely they’re virtually impossible have already been met. It’d be a lot easier if any of us had managed to roll mafia (which would be pretty good normally for team mafia bsed on last time) since then we could still win if we all won our games. Annoyingly, the tiebreaker means that even if all three of us were able to immediate call out and lynch the entire scumteams in our respective games it’s not possible for us to win the event unless very specific and unlikely events (all of which are completely out of our control, and most of which have already been determined):

1.) The game we are not in MUST be won by scum as the number of other teams (17) less expected scum numbers across all games is not sufficient to mean that we are the only team who won all of our games (unless there’s more scum than you’d anticipate based on regular setup design and/or there’s exactly one scum per each team).
2.) Every member of said winning scumteam MUST also have another member of their team who rolled scum and lost (though the loss is assumed knowledge as if we win any scum in game’s we’re in would lose).
3.) The game elements was modkilled in MUST also be won by town.

We need specific results in 2 games we have no way to influence, and we need the distribution of scum/town in each team to be very specific and have specific overlap. Nothing we could have done to stop the modkill either, but that’s gone now. Better hope nobody in your team manages to get modkilled. We’re hoping for pretty much all of the large to get modkilled obviously, since enough modkills means we can technically not lose the tiebreak, and running the numbers that’s actually a lot more likely than any other way we’ve got of inning at this point.

Spent enough time talking about this with my team that I’m reasonably confident I didn’t miss anything, but if anyone notices a way we can possibly still have any chance of winning even with the tiebreaker in place then please let me know.
Kind of kills a lot of the enthusiasm I had for the team element of team mafia.

Still, going to try and catch up on this absolutely normal and not at all special or once a year event. Expecting to be interrupted by an important call from work at some point though.

Hopkirk 'Hop' Hopkirk
^A post I doubt Hop makes as scum; the emotions here feel genuine. If he was scum, that'd give him a winning chance for TM (apparently) and I don't think he'd go through the effort to post this - why would it help?
In post 622, Hopkirk wrote:Oh the Auro wagon has half shifted so keeping it up is less pressure than I thought. Sure.

VOTE: Northside
Votes NSG. Shifts it later, but read on.

Hop 'Hopimilius' Hopkirk
In post 1612, Hopkirk wrote:I didn't read up. I can't now either and no idea when I'll be able to next week due to work.

I've seen the lynch. I've lost all respect for NSG as a player. I've lost the respect that I had for RC as a player. I've discussed it with the team- people who've discussed irl how they like RC - and everyone seems to share this view.

I'm especially irritated as this clearly was only allowed due to reputation. A new player in that slot with an 7 day period without content would have been subbed out. When it's clearly strategic since she was playing elsewhere in TM I'm pissed that it was actually allowed and would have been disgusted if she was pulling that as my teammate.

Quoting my post end gimmick because fuck this game.
In post 1616, Hopkirk wrote:I'm mostly disgusted with RC/North and irritated with the mod for enabling it despite prod rules. The lynch I absolutely agreed with as I fairly clearly said. I don't remember if I used the words I want to policy lynch this.
So scum! Hopkirk casually votes NSG mid D1, is worried about not having a winning chance for TM but still is okay; and then when his partner flips he decides to fabricate *this*? I imagine if he was actually teammates with her he'd try to get NSG replaced. These posts look like a genuine town reaction.

Theres a hard defending hopkirk going through the entire day - this is no coincidence, nor is it a genuine read.
Auro hasnt been present in nsgs lynch and he had hammered espeonage, and for neither of them gave a reosonable stance. If he was also present in hopkirks lynch, the VCA for him would look atrocious. It still does, but he has tried to distance himself from this one.
One problem is, like i said, his read isnt genuine. There is only one time hopkirk is mentioned, its brief and its in his readslist.
In post 871, Auro wrote:I'll take a break from the thread for a day or two.

{KittyMo, CheekyTeeky}
{Cephrir, Dann, Dunn}
{BBMolla, Dong}
{FF, Gob}
{Espeonage, NSG}

Hopkirk I dunno where to place you, sorry :P
This is all the way back in D1, and he never mentions hopkirk until post 2273. Why then is he so insistent on defending hopkirk? For easy towncred of course.
Admittedly, he
does
put more effort into towncasing hopkirk than he did towncasing nsg or scumcasing espeonage, but its still just this single post and besides this he doesnt have any other arguments to show beyond a doubt that hopkirk is town. Despite this he seems absolutely certain that hopkirk is town and we should lynch gobble in his stead.
Like i said, going from "i dont know where to place you" to a firm "town" without ever mentioning him for a thousand posts. One wonders how he came to that conclusion about a slot he seemed to have forgotten about for so long.

Spoiler:
In post 2682, Auro wrote:No, Dong is town.
Agree, Hop's recent posting has been pretty bad - but please let's have Gobble after we lynch Hop.
In post 2685, Auro wrote:Actually, no, I kinda like Hop's catch-up.

These posts are also very iffy. They are made between 20 minutes of each other.
This is how i make sense of this:
I will play devils advocate and assume that auro is town here.
So he read hops, who he is adamantly gunning for right now, catchup and thought that it was pretty bad. Immediately he was willing to go for a hopkirk lynch. After 20 minutes of rereading he decided that his catchup was actually decent.
Now why might town!auro have done this?
If he believed hopkirk was town before all this, merely a bad catchup may have tilted his suspicions a little bit but it wouldnt be enough to make him immediately gun for a hopkirk lynch. As town he would want to lynch scum, naturally, and for that he would want to be sure and bide his time. The simple fact is he was too rash and didnt hesitate at all with throwing hop under the bus, only to re townread him 20 minutes later.
As scum, these events can be explained as he said: He read his posts, thought they were scummy, reread them and thought they were okay.
The problem is that he was so rash with his decision to just be fine with a hopkirk lynch after only a supposedly bad catchup and he forgot all the things he did to defend hopkirk. Again, his read isnt genuine.
Formerly Dongempire
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:59 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Gobbles, you don't find it odd that Auro is trying to work with you now after trying to lynch you since D2?

He also didn't want to let you post today he was that sure.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:03 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

He needs 1 more person to side with him so he's not the lynch today. BB is being dumb, Dann probs vote with him and now he's desperate enough for anyone else even though he was so certain gobbles was scum he was willing to die to let us lynch gobbles in Lylo :roll:

Like come the eff on Gobbles.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”