Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3450 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Dannflor »

That was largely from Ank

Cheeky, why did you lockscum FF D1 and why has that reversed since?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3451 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Dannflor »

Which of those reads is likely to be from a type of bias in your opinion?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3452 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3432, CheekyTeeky wrote:Dann don't you get the feeling Auro knows people's alignments?

I feel like he isn't genuinely reassessing anyone. At first glance one might assume this is ubecause he was tunneled on gobbles but he's since indicated that he expects his own read to flip on that slot.
I don't feel this, no. In fact the exact opposite of this feeling was a large part of why I hard defended him D1.

I think you're basing this largely off of his reaction to your push on him. I think he's town, suddenly saw you hop on his wagon for reasons he didn't understand, and justifiably thought you must be scum because you wouldn't be that off-base as town.

I think since then he's come around to view your trajectory over the day phase as a whole and realized why you might have hopped on that wagon. But I don't think his initial reaction of "offering to let himself get lynched" for you conveys any sort of TMI. It's just a general violent reaction to your violent push, if that makes sense. I mean I almost had the exact same reaction at the beginning of this dayphase, but didn't say anything until I'd stabilized my thoughts.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3453 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

Ank has kinda convinced me on Gobble town at this point

but regardless, FF is the best lynch because he fits into both teams

EVEN if FF is town which I highly doubt. I think knowing his alignment for sure in the context of both major D1 wagons can be extremely helpful.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3454 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: FF
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3455 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Auro »

Sorry, yes, Dong-Molla*; the very ready L-1 on Molla seems unlikely after being convinced on both FF and NSG. If we're chaining lynches we should make sure the two remaining slots don't form the exact scumteam.

One problem I'd still have with FF scum (which I feel we have discussed before but can't locate it) is the NKs... Plus he seemed to actually believe that the NKs townread him. Scum!FF would definitely be aware of his targets' reads; would he purposefully lie about them to towncase himself? Given his apparent experience with Cheeky would he not NK her at some point? Would he unnecessarily antagonize her in thread and vote her when she's pushing you (iirc earlier in this day)? Isn't his scum play better than this anyway?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3456 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Dannflor »

I honestly think the NKs always play out exactly the same regardless of team. Unless the team is one of the NKed people obviously.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3457 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Dannflor »

yeah we don't have Dong/Molla as a possible team in our list
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3458 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Auro »

Lynch FF into who?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3459 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3455, Auro wrote:Would he unnecessarily antagonize her in thread and vote her when she's pushing you (iirc earlier in this day)? Isn't his scum play better than this anyway?
Cheeky is part of his "solve" coming into the day. FF's strategy just seems to be to be jumping on the easiest wagon out of you/me/Cheeky.

The latter part needs citation.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3460 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Auro »

You're right about the Former. (heh heh)

Latter - well I thought it was OK when I skimmed some ISOs long ago but meh.

Cool, I'm down for an FF lynch.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3461 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:43 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3052, Auro wrote:Reminder that FF put me at L-2. Scum can easily pile on and derp hammer again. FF should know this.
Auro who was scum that could have piled on in this hypothetical?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3462 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:47 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3178, Auro wrote:Why would FF+Dong come into the day antagonizing me when I'm tunneled on Gobble?
In post 3183, Auro wrote:Cheeky/Me works better for a paranoid win. A Gobbles town flip would lend me a LOT of scum equity.

I think FF is townier for a few reasons, I'll make a note in sometime. While it shouldn't matter in theory, LyLo shenanigans are still a thing.
Auro can you answer your own question in quote 1 and share the reasons you thought FF was townier in quote 2?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3463 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:54 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3450, Dannflor wrote:Cheeky, why did you lockscum FF D1 and why has that reversed since?
Gut. I've been more than transparent on my thoughts on FF D1, it's the majority of the beginning of my ISO. I've pointed out a couple of towny posts but I'm more concerned about Auro rather than confidently townreading FF. I still think he has decent scum equity however I don't think Dunn dies before you if FF is scum.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3464 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:57 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

You and Dunn had the exact same reads so I don't see why Dunn dies instead of you when Dunn pushed the whole wagon off FF D1. There's also the possibility the entire D1 wagon on Auro was town.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3465 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:06 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I'd rather lynch gobbles for posturing around every lynch and Dunn dying over Dann.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3466 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:21 am

Post by BBmolla »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Dong
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #3467 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 3434, Auro wrote:FF going VLA isn't a good sign. Can we collectively ask for a deadline extension?
Lamist.

1. It's the weekend and no one seems to give a fuck that it's normal to not post on the weekend. So for you to suddenly care about 2 days I'm not going to be posting as much then why didn't you give half a shit when NSG was absent from ALL OF DAY FUCKING 1? Like where is your righteous indignation at her play that day?

2. We are far from deadline, so to panic and ask for an extension is lol.

3. I don't know what else my being here is actually going to do. 2 scum are maneuvering behind the scenes to get one of us lynched and it feels like the scumsensus is on me. I think they've made me their lynchpin (pun intended) in their plan to victory. Mislynch me, then kill a non factor over night and scum is in a good position to win tomorrow.

Can we just lynch this scumbag and finish this game. I need to take a hiatus and that can't happen until I'm ungamed.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3468 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Ok, Auro. I think I have read enough of Cheeky's scum games. The most recent completed scum game she has is Micromence Vengeful where Cheeky's team turbolynched me Day 1. I did not feel much emotion in her posting in that game other than an off hand comment of "make sense or die" to pisskop (one of her buddies).

Other than that game, Cheeky has not recently been scum. At least, that I found. There may be alt or hydra games that I have missed.

Overkill 2 is probably the closest I could find to a game that matches her playstyle this game. However, I don't think anything in that game reaches the level of emotion that I am seeing here. Post 2048 comes close to the type of attitude we see in this game, but the sheer volume of emotional posting from Cheeky in this game distinguishes her play here from her play in Overkill 2.

Gunner Mafia might be a good game to look at too. I do not think she's reached the same level of emotion, but she does have more "emotional" posts with using caps locks and repetition. Looking through all of these games, I feel like Cheeky as scum doesn't get upset because she knows the townies are just doing their jobs.

Everything is Completely Normal is the next closest game I could find, emotionally. Cheeky is slightly aggressive to Nero Cain in this game, but again, not to the level we have seen in this game. Cheeky was lynched Day 1 in this game too, so I would think that she would be particularly emotional. It does not appear so, even as you look at the end of her iso.

Then we have Pop Goes the Guns and Mini Normal 2002, but I do not think she is emotional at all in those games.

Finding these games (Cheeky you're like never scum) and reading them took a lot longer than I would like to admit. Plus, I kept getting distracted by shiny things.

At any rate, I am about to have another completed game to add to my collection for you to look through, Auro. I'll let you know once it is official.

These are some of my town games that I think are pretty exemplary of how bad my play can be. Black Versus Whiteis probably the worst, followed by Menalque's Favorite Places. That said, I think Added to the Group Chat and Zen show similar frustrations with the game/players that I had on Day 1 in this game. Finally, the Search I think is a good example of how I wall flower from time to time when I have little grasp on the game.

This meta dive I did on Cheeky only reinforced that I probably do not want to lynch her this game. If she is scum, she is playing really well and honestly deserves the win. Also, it is really annoying that sometimes direct links to a person's iso does not work. I feel technologically illiterate when sometimes I can make the link work, but then other times I cannot figure out why the link is not working.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3469 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 3440, BBmolla wrote:I’ve also been away for grad auditions

They went horrible but that’s another story

Like I can give y’all my lynch order preference if that would help
I would actually prefer if you did not give lynch order preference in the event we chose wrong today. Also, I am sure that you did better than you think for your grad auditions! We will see you on the big screen in no time. :shifty:
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3470 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 3445, BBmolla wrote:Gobbles can you fucking activate town gobble mode?
We online now. :mrgreen:
In post 3446, Donempire wrote:Jellyfish survived for millions of years without a brain

What...?
In post 3448, Dannflor wrote:Which one of those am I wrong on? NaCL proved in the Open that he can write consistent cases as scum. Just one scumgame I skimmed from Farkran indicates he's perfectly capable of looking town as scum. And that accounts for basically all of the reasons Dann is town reading him.
I am out of the loop here, but what do these people have to do with anything? That they would be ghostwriting Dong's posts?
In post 3449, Dannflor wrote:Absolutely fascinating that Dong and Gobble are no where on his radar. Also, extremely fascinating that, despite Dann being in his scum list both times, he's more than happy to vote for Auro instead, the leading wagon.
Hm, I like this post by Dann. But I have a couple of systemic issues. Why don't they just lynch me then Cheeky if those lynches are so easy? Why go for the harder lynch in Auro? Also, why would they be back to back on the wagon as a team? That could potentially kill all viability on Auro.

Dann, you seem equally convinced about Dong and Fish, so why the Fish vote?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3471 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 3465, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'd rather lynch gobbles for posturing around every lynch and Dunn dying over Dann.
What do you mean by posturing?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3472 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3470, gobbledygook wrote:Why go for the harder lynch in Auro?
Auro is evidently not the harder lynch
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3473 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3470, gobbledygook wrote:Dann, you seem equally convinced about Dong and Fish, so why the Fish vote?
Ank's read is Dong/FF as the team

Mine was you/FF but I'm starting to come around on you as town

FF is the commonality there that I feel most confident about at the moment
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3474 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 3472, Dannflor wrote:
In post 3470, gobbledygook wrote:Why go for the harder lynch in Auro?
Auro is evidently not the harder lynch
I mean, from that perspective, no lynch is hard for the scum because they just need 2 vote to get it?

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”