Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 2120, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 2005, jjh927 wrote:The claim doesn't matter

all the Nancy telling people what they should think even though it's not what people think shit doesn't matter either

That hydra is just town outside of the bullshit
@Auro, does this honestly read like a scum post to you?
It reads like a NAI post to me.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2106, Michael Scott wrote:I mean, "worst of all time" sort of implies they're the worst of all time :P
IN A GAME, just like GOAT means the greatest of all time - IN A GAME. They use those terms on MU all the time and they’re much much stricter about insults on there then they are on MS.
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

As I said, I understand how you define it or mean it, I'm saying others wouldn't perceive it the same way and because of that it's not worth using the term.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

@Mary: What's your partner's read on me? I'll be surprised if it's not a scumread. :P
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2123, chkflip wrote:I apologized for that and you accepted the apology.

You do love unapologetically calling me and others stupid in flowery little ways, though.

and again in - "literally need a building to fall on you." Insinuating RCE is / I'm stupid.

- "In case you're living under a rock" calling RCE stupid.

"a fucking gamwthrowing woat" calling me stupid.

"anywhere as bad as you?" attacking my character.

I apologized for attacking you as a person.

I've done no such thing again.

You won't fucking stop attacking people with AtE attached and now you've reported me? After I've constantly asked you to stop? After YOU won't apologize for insulting ME and OTHER PLAYERS in this game?

Scum baiting.
None of that is in the same ballpark as you literally attacking my character earlier and then you calling me a “floating turd”.

Is this seriously your entire case on me? My calling people “woats”? ISO any towngame of mine and claim how any of this is scum indicative?

If this is actually a serious “case”, then what’s stopping you - I mean other than the 100% fact, that you will be proven wrong.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2129, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 2123, chkflip wrote:I apologized for that and you accepted the apology.

You do love unapologetically calling me and others stupid in flowery little ways, though.

and again in - "literally need a building to fall on you." Insinuating RCE is / I'm stupid.

- "In case you're living under a rock" calling RCE stupid.

"a fucking gamwthrowing woat" calling me stupid.

"anywhere as bad as you?" attacking my character.

I apologized for attacking you as a person.

I've done no such thing again.

You won't fucking stop attacking people with AtE attached and now you've reported me? After I've constantly asked you to stop? After YOU won't apologize for insulting ME and OTHER PLAYERS in this game?

Scum baiting.
None of that is in the same ballpark as you literally attacking my character earlier and then you calling me a “floating turd”.

Is this seriously your entire case on me? My calling people “woats”? ISO any towngame of mine and claim how any of this is scum indicative?

If this is actually a serious “case”, then what’s stopping you - I mean other than the 100% fact, that you will be proven wrong.
2063 was specifically referring to your GAMEPLAY. NEVER even fucking once have I attacked yours or anyone else’s character. Wisdom always said to people whom he considered to be making bad votes, “stop being
bad
”. That is in no way a character attack. Look it tf up, if you think I’m making shit up. You just keep throwing crap out there and seeing what sticks, yet you never ever bother checking out if your opinions on my play, have an actual basis in fact.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by chkflip »

TL;DR scroll to the bolded bullet points

Let me open by making something perfectly clear. I've no qualms with Mars as a person. I've not mentioned anything revolving her personal life no matter how many times she decides to AtE and bring it up. There was a slight reach in aggression on my part that she has very ironically brought back up to push another AtF agenda after accepting an apology for it, but regardless of what she'd like you to believe? This isn't actually about that either.

My name is chkflip and this is exactly why I believe Mars is scum.

Shading
- , , , , , , , , , , ,
This isn't even all of them. What's particularly important about this point is that most (if not all) of the shading comes from the fact that people dare scum read her in the slightest. What's more? 306 is her very first post in the game. Shading right out of the gate and, again, this is only the dozen times I found it to be particularly scum-driven due to the incessant need to get any and all scum vibes off of her 100% immediately. Why? What's the town play here to this degree? Do note that this is also absolutely ALL she's doing since myself and RCE have had the audacity to vote her.

Over Defensive
- , , , , ,
Again a repeat of above but this is what I found most telling since the recent wagon. You'll notice I'm linking a similar post -- her first one -- as it does go hand in hand with the above. There are notable instances, however, where she barks people down without shading them so I felt it necessary to differentiate the two. Same questions as above though because this does not a town slot make.

I'll ignore her insults just like she does, but that also appears in , , , , , , (seriously three in a fucking row), , and . I'm sure she'll cherry pick the one that "isn't insulting" just like she did above but hey. It's there. You can see it. When she can't shade... when she can't flex... she insults. I haven't seen this level of behavior in anybody over the years of being here at this magnitude. Sure, Internet Stranger would call me a "dong-slurping panty waist" or something more derogatory, or people like FATE and RECK get particularly under one's skin, but they don't do it like this as either alignment. And this didn't happen last game to the degree it's happening all over this thread. There was a spat with 50 -- whatever -- but she didn't look at every slot that "incorrectly" read her and went down the line on them. This isn't town meta. But we'll get to that very important point soon.

She's town! Remember! She's town!
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , -- again, stopped keeping track.

What town has to make sure they remind you 19+ times how town they are? The kicker here is that the first time she did it wasn't even that many posts into the game for her. It's an agenda. You'll town read her or else. Town doesn't do that.

Now, the more important parts. The real meat and potatoes for all the butter on top of this post.

Aware of Town Meta
- , , , ,
I think it should go without saying but I'll say it anyway. Scum players -- the good ones, at least -- recognize their town meta. They play to it. And this is me nodding that, yes, Mars is fairly competent as scum because she knows exactly how to play to you. She outlines it here. She's purposefully adapting to what she absolutely knows is her town meta so that she can glide through the early phases of this game. Top that with a viably non-threatening claim and she can easily continue these antics throughout most if not all of the rest of the game. She's playing you.

Let's also point out that Venus (you didn't think I'd forget about you, did you buddy?) plays to this as well in . He not only tries to remind you of what he did last game, but he openly mocks that his lack of playing used to be a scum tell. Are we sure it still isn't?

He also straight up
role fishes
in and by asking questions town absolutely has no business knowing the answers to at this point in the game.

Mars
calls Vecna to scum hunt when he's under preasure
in but only does so herself recently after I call her out on it.

Now, here are the final two and frankly most important parts of this case. For the thing she's calling herself lockobvonehundoabsolutelytown over? Her role? Even her partner agrees in and that role =/= alignment. Her role absolutely does not mean she's town.

Last but not least,
cognitive dissonance
. In and she openly calls Vecna town for his openness and posting. Then, when the Vecna wagon began, that drops without warning in and then full swing in , , and the icing on the cake with where she literally quotes the posts she was town-reading Vecna for in 666 and 741. This isn't just a town read transitioning into a scum read. There's literally no transition and no fucks given throughout. She then jumps off as she sees the wagon dying to fall back on, what, the fourth? Fifth OMGUS vote?

Oh. And she obviously didn't "learn from prematurely claiming" last game as she said in from "scum rolefishing"... She's literally doing everything she can think of to repeat her town games.

Nobody goes out of their way to do all that as town.

Venus and Mars are scum.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2055, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 2052, RCEnigma wrote:I also hardclaim town.
I didn’t just hardclaim town, I hardclaimed town pr. If you’re town, you wouldn’t be voting me because unlike chk, you know I’m not bsing here and my claim is legit and I don’t believe how anyone who played in LNT could possibly believe orherwise,
How can you call me scum when I hardclaimed town?
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Chkflip locktown :3
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:21 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2131, chkflip wrote:Let's also point out that Venus (you didn't think I'd forget about you, did you buddy?) plays to this as well in 1001. He not only tries to remind you of what he did last game, but he openly mocks that his lack of playing used to be a scum tell. Are we sure it still isn't?

He also straight up role fishes in 1409 and 1410 by asking questions town absolutely has no business knowing the answers to at this point in the game.
For not forgetting lil ol me.

To the point now
Yup, we were together last game I was town and low posting. That is why I stopped soloing.

As for the your second point. Take it as you want, I was not role fishing I wanted that info to make certain of my assesmsnt I could care less what the roles themselves were. I just wanted to know who actually got what they wanted not what the wanted. Imo that would help resolve the alignemnt/ roles and which came first thing.

~Venus
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:25 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2131, chkflip wrote:Last but not least, cognitive dissonance. In 666 and 741 she openly calls Vecna town for his openness and posting. Then, when the Vecna wagon began, that drops without warning in 801 and then full swing in 897, 899, and the icing on the cake with 901 where she literally quotes the posts she was town-reading Vecna for in 666 and 741. This isn't just a town read transitioning into a scum read. There's literally no transition and no fucks given throughout. She then jumps off as she sees the wagon dying to fall back on, what, the fourth? Fifth OMGUS vote?

180ing reads isnt that uncommon and for the fall back it is mostly because I told her that I find Vecna town based on my reasoning that role =/= alignment.

~Venus
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

Oh let alone that I didnt go out of my way to do it but answer a question about it(Lowq posting thing)

~Venus
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by chkflip »

The linked posts are before any of that happened at all, actually, and the two of you did my favorite hydra thing by agreeing then disagreeing then agreeing with yourself. FUCKING love hydra dissonance. Isn't confusing at all.

This isn't about you coming in and saying lolno; this is the out-of-nowhere abrupt change that ONLY MARS MADE that just so happened to coincide with the gamestate at the time. No slow burn. No I think you're right. Straight from "Vecna is town" to "Vecna is scum" for literally the same exact posts. She quotes them in 901. She called them town not 300 posts prior with zero inclination of "huh I think x is right about this."

That's cognitive dissonance at its finest homie.

She needed to get off that garbage vote she was hanging onto and snuck right into the Vecna wagon.

Not today champ.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2131, chkflip wrote:Shading - 306, 311, 390, 415, 417, 428, 435, 438, 734, 753, 787, 1715
This isn't even all of them. What's particularly important about this point is that most (if not all) of the shading comes from the fact that people dare scum read her in the slightest. What's more? 306 is her very first post in the game. Shading right out of the gate and, again, this is only the dozen times I found it to be particularly scum-driven due to the incessant need to get any and all scum vibes off of her 100% immediately. Why? What's the town play here to this degree? Do note that this is also absolutely ALL she's doing since myself and RCE have had the audacity to vote her.

Over Defensive - 306, 388, 397, 617, 771, 773
Again a repeat of above but this is what I found most telling since the recent wagon. You'll notice I'm linking a similar post -- her first one -- as it does go hand in hand with the above. There are notable instances, however, where she barks people down without shading them so I felt it necessary to differentiate the two. Same questions as above though because this does not a town slot make.
I find it hard to believe that you have never seen over defensive people, especially when they are very adamant that it should be obvious they are town yet people don't see it. It can kick a knee jerk reaction.

For the same reason I believe that is why she keeps saying she is town. I discussed that with her yesterday. That is a character trait not alignment trait.

~Venus
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2137, chkflip wrote:The linked posts are before any of that happened at all, actually, and the two of you did my favorite hydra thing by agreeing then disagreeing then agreeing with yourself. FUCKING love hydra dissonance. Isn't confusing at all.

This isn't about you coming in and saying lolno; this is the out-of-nowhere abrupt change that ONLY MARS MADE that just so happened to coincide with the gamestate at the time. No slow burn. No I think you're right. Straight from "Vecna is town" to "Vecna is scum" for literally the same exact posts. She quotes them in 901. She called them town not 300 posts prior with zero inclination of "huh I think x is right about this."

That's cognitive dissonance at its finest homie.

She needed to get off that garbage vote she was hanging onto and snuck right into the Vecna wagon.

Not today champ.
Hydra's are fun like that :P

And I dunno I have done that before without even realising because when reading again something new info clicks it differently. If anything scum tend to be more careful not to do that. Town is far more liekly to abruptly change their mind on something because they care less how they appear.

~Venus
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

For the record on the premature claimign thing. I am actually unaware that we claimed XD Did we? I find it funny if we did cause I actually told her to public claim our role on start of the day :P

~Venus
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by chkflip »

Venus and Mars wrote:As for the your second point. Take it as you want, I was not role fishing I wanted that info to make certain of my assesmsnt I could care less what the roles themselves were. I just wanted to know who actually got what they wanted not what the wanted. Imo that would help resolve the alignemnt/ roles and which came first thing.

~Venus
No that's actually not what you did whatsoever.
In post 1410, Venus and Mars wrote:I think everyone that didn't get what they wanted should claim what they asked for.

~Venus
To what end is this not an attempt at role fishing by asking what people's choices were, exactly?

Furthermore what's the town motivation in asking this question to begin with?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:40 pm

Post by chkflip »

You don't come in swinging with shade, disrespect, AtE etc et al from post one and never stop. No.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:41 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2141, chkflip wrote:
Venus and Mars wrote:As for the your second point. Take it as you want, I was not role fishing I wanted that info to make certain of my assesmsnt I could care less what the roles themselves were. I just wanted to know who actually got what they wanted not what the wanted. Imo that would help resolve the alignemnt/ roles and which came first thing.

~Venus
No that's actually not what you did whatsoever.
In post 1410, Venus and Mars wrote:I think everyone that didn't get what they wanted should claim what they asked for.

~Venus
To what end is this not an attempt at role fishing by asking what people's choices were, exactly?

Furthermore what's the town motivation in asking this question to begin with?
Figure out if alignment came first and role afterwards. I already said so. See if we found that a certain % of people didnt get what they asked and then we found out a connection between alignment and roles we could potential find out if someone who wanted to be town for example was rejected a town role meanin gthey have a higher chance of being scum. You get me?

~Venus
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

It seemed like a good idea at the time. We had Vecna with an anti town role which made if much much less likely that role alignment but if say someone picked a cop role and that was their only choice and got something completly differnet and then using the rest of the clues found out that there is a role/alignment connection.

Bam potential scum

~Venus
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:44 pm

Post by chkflip »

That's cute. It's still fucking role fishing.
In post 2139, Venus and Mars wrote:And I dunno I have done that before without even realising because when reading again something new info clicks it differently. If anything scum tend to be more careful not to do that. Town is far more liekly to abruptly change their mind on something because they care less how they appear.

~Venus
What you're describing is putting what happened incredibly lightly. There's a difference between "I forgot I was town reading Vecna" and "Vecna is both town and scum for the exact same posts."

Those aren't the same thing and you saying they are is pretty telling tbh.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by chkflip »

I have to sleep but I will absolutely continue this when I wake up.

Make a decision, town.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

chkflip wrote:That's cute. It's still fucking role fishing.
In post 2139, Venus and Mars wrote:And I dunno I have done that before without even realising because when reading again something new info clicks it differently. If anything scum tend to be more careful not to do that. Town is far more liekly to abruptly change their mind on something because they care less how they appear.

~Venus
What you're describing is putting what happened incredibly lightly. There's a difference between "I forgot I was town reading Vecna" and "Vecna is both town and scum for the exact same posts."

Those aren't the same thing and you saying they are is pretty telling tbh.
Welp I didnt see it that way, I mean it isnt like I asked for their role just what they didnt get.

*Shrug*

She will have to clarify that then.

P.edit
chkflip wrote:I have to sleep but I will absolutely continue this when I wake up.

Make a decision, town.
By all means, I prefer it so much more when people directly engage me, it helps me actually play.
~Venus
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1969, RCEnigma wrote:I'll give minor points since two people had already claimed to receive Barb's and you didn't read them at all. Which town!Nancy would do and I'm not sure if scum!Nancy would or wouldn't miss that information.
This looks like a town thought process tbh
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I don't want anything to do with the chk vs Nancy argument. I think I it's most likely TvT, but I'm more confident in chk town, and if forced to pick between them I will. I agree that basically everything chk brings up is really unpleasant to play with in terms of the defensiveness, the need to be TR, the accusing any disagreement of being awful play. I just think that's Nancy. At least, Nancy in current headspace. The only bit I think might be AI is the bit near the end about Vecna.

chk simply doesn't lay his ass on the line like that if he ain't town.

@Titus, would you strongly object to being passed a barb? I clarified with Boon that me being passed it wasn't it being used on me, and me passing it isn't me using it either. I feel there's some town utility in testing your role, and you may (do not comment here on whether you can or not) be able to make it loyal, disloyal or desperate in a way that helps confirm alignment down the road. I don't want you not to receive anything, and I don't want Nancy to have to declare where she's sending.

OTOH there is a risk that passing the barb might mean one or other of us gets pricked in the handover.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”