Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Auro head. Volxen isn't gonna post for another week and a half.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:29 am

Post by jjh927 »

So the head that has seen me coast on purpose before?
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:29 am

Post by jjh927 »

That's kinda hmm
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Michael Scott »

I played against scum!you in VG, which game are you talking about?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:30 am

Post by jjh927 »

The one where I hydraed with Ali
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Oh Apocalypse? Right. Forgot :P
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:32 am

Post by jjh927 »

Like, don't get me wrong, I'm not coasting on purpose here this is just me having better things to do like stellaris, animal crossing, and preparing to move house during an epidemic

but I'll leave the second point unsaid
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Michael Scott »

I think you were playing the game in Apocalypse. You faked a post restriction for a good part of D1 and then began not-coasting IIRC.
Also, I don't believe PRs should "intentionally coast" anyway.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:11 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 2191, Conspire wrote:
In post 1899, davesaz wrote:
In post 1695, davesaz wrote:
In post 1692, Conspire wrote:Why should I think you're town for backing down on a read which got you pushed by a couple of other people?

Why did you decide to vote us over the other people on your wagon?
This should not need explanation.
IDGAF about being "pushed".
I had a conversation with Vecna and changed my mind.
You came in after seeing that conversation. SR me for that is fake, where earlier suspicions were misguided but reasonable given how my lack of time to play made it look.
In reply to whomever it was that called my Conspire vote OMGUS. No, it's an actual SR. I think their SR on me is fake.
Could you address again why you're tresting us differently to the other people on your wagon? As far as I can tell, many see what we're seeing with regards to your psots. What do you see differently about our scumread?

-Cosmic
You specifically called out my change of read on Vecna which was patently not scummy, and kept on despite the explanation/proof that it was an evolution and not related at all to timing. That's enough for a scumread that can be directly acted upon.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:17 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 2212, Conspire wrote:Yeah, I'm feeling less confident on
Dave
too, but I have another question for him: Pregame, what impression did you have of how picks would work? That they would affect alignment/role, or both?

VOTE: GeorgeBailey

-Cosmic
I did not expect alignment to be crafted from the picks, pre-game. Info I have from Boon indicates that alignment and role were both hand crafted. Whether that helps or not is suspect, because Boon is also telling me that whether or not to make anything of the wifom is up to me. AKA typical Boon. :lol:
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Conspire »

Sure, I've liked your tone and I think you being more outspoken and not caring how your posts come across as is town-indicative.

VOTE: GeorgeBailey
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Conspire »

-Cosmic

Picks definitely affect alignment too.

-Cosmic
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:51 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2184, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:
In post 1962, RCEnigma wrote:Oh speaking of. Bef what were your selections that weren't chosen or involved in your role? This may or may not impact my read.
The barb picks have nothing to do with my role pm. I received a mid-day PM with the Secret Role Activation.
This wasnt about the Barb's. There was a reason I made this post.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:56 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2202, Conspire wrote:RCEnigma, do you scumread BooneyToonzExpert solely for sending out the barbs, or do you have other reasons? Why do you think BooneyToonzExpert admits to sending the barbs out in the first place if he's scum?

-Cosmic
There is no bte scumread. I flipped it because it didn't make sense for the angle I came from.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:08 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Looney Toons
Vote Count 1.07

Davesaz [3]:
The Fonz, Kakeguri Addicts, Michael Scott,
GeorgeBailey [3]:
Jjh927, Nomnomnom, Conspire
Nomnomnom [2]:
Sore feet, Krazy Katz
RCEnigma [2]:
Chronos, Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars [2]:
RCEnigma, Chkflip
Kakeguri Addicts [1]:
GeorgeBailey
BooneyToonzExpert [1]:
Titus,
Krazy Katz [1]:
Vecna,
Conspire [1]:
Davesaz

Not Voting [1]: BooneyToonzExpert,

With
alive, it takes
to execute.

Day 1
ends in (expired on 2020-03-25 21:00:00) on
March 25th

Mod Notes:
Don’t be outta pocket.

Didn’t change the photo, hope that’s fine. Wanted to get another VC out.

Going to try and get a vote count EVERY night rather than every other night starting here.

Anyone playing Animal Crossing?
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:09 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2257, Michael Scott wrote:I think you were playing the game in Apocalypse. You faked a post restriction for a good part of D1 and then began not-coasting IIRC.
Also, I don't believe PRs should "intentionally coast" anyway.
Nah I was still coasting d1 even after I stopped faking the post restriction. I started playing the game day 2 when I realised I hadn't played the game enough and my reads were probably trash
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:10 am

Post by jjh927 »

@Mod: I am playing animal crossing right now

You have reached an alternate wincon. Game continues as if nothing happened.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:45 am

Post by jjh927 »

My island has apples

I already have enough bells in the bank to pay Nook the money I will owe him for my house extension tomorrow
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2131, chkflip wrote:TL;DR scroll to the bolded bullet points

Let me open by making something perfectly clear. I've no qualms with Mars as a person. I've not mentioned anything revolving her personal life no matter how many times she decides to AtE and bring it up. There was a slight reach in aggression on my part that she has very ironically brought back up to push another AtF agenda after accepting an apology for it, but regardless of what she'd like you to believe? This isn't actually about that either.

My name is chkflip and this is exactly why I believe Mars is scum.

Shading
- , , , , , , , , , , ,
This isn't even all of them. What's particularly important about this point is that most (if not all) of the shading comes from the fact that people dare scum read her in the slightest. What's more? 306 is her very first post in the game. Shading right out of the gate and, again, this is only the dozen times I found it to be particularly scum-driven due to the incessant need to get any and all scum vibes off of her 100% immediately. Why? What's the town play here to this degree? Do note that this is also absolutely ALL she's doing since myself and RCE have had the audacity to vote her.

Over Defensive
- , , , , ,
Again a repeat of above but this is what I found most telling since the recent wagon. You'll notice I'm linking a similar post -- her first one -- as it does go hand in hand with the above. There are notable instances, however, where she barks people down without shading them so I felt it necessary to differentiate the two. Same questions as above though because this does not a town slot make.

I'll ignore her insults just like she does, but that also appears in , , , , , , (seriously three in a fucking row), , and . I'm sure she'll cherry pick the one that "isn't insulting" just like she did above but hey. It's there. You can see it. When she can't shade... when she can't flex... she insults. I haven't seen this level of behavior in anybody over the years of being here at this magnitude. Sure, Internet Stranger would call me a "dong-slurping panty waist" or something more derogatory, or people like FATE and RECK get particularly under one's skin, but they don't do it like this as either alignment. And this didn't happen last game to the degree it's happening all over this thread. There was a spat with 50 -- whatever -- but she didn't look at every slot that "incorrectly" read her and went down the line on them. This isn't town meta. But we'll get to that very important point soon.

She's town! Remember! She's town!
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , -- again, stopped keeping track.

What town has to make sure they remind you 19+ times how town they are? The kicker here is that the first time she did it wasn't even that many posts into the game for her. It's an agenda. You'll town read her or else. Town doesn't do that.

Now, the more important parts. The real meat and potatoes for all the butter on top of this post.

Aware of Town Meta
- , , , ,
I think it should go without saying but I'll say it anyway. Scum players -- the good ones, at least -- recognize their town meta. They play to it. And this is me nodding that, yes, Mars is fairly competent as scum because she knows exactly how to play to you. She outlines it here. She's purposefully adapting to what she absolutely knows is her town meta so that she can glide through the early phases of this game. Top that with a viably non-threatening claim and she can easily continue these antics throughout most if not all of the rest of the game. She's playing you.

Let's also point out that Venus (you didn't think I'd forget about you, did you buddy?) plays to this as well in . He not only tries to remind you of what he did last game, but he openly mocks that his lack of playing used to be a scum tell. Are we sure it still isn't?

He also straight up
role fishes
in and by asking questions town absolutely has no business knowing the answers to at this point in the game.

Mars
calls Vecna to scum hunt when he's under preasure
in but only does so herself recently after I call her out on it.

Now, here are the final two and frankly most important parts of this case. For the thing she's calling herself lockobvonehundoabsolutelytown over? Her role? Even her partner agrees in and that role =/= alignment. Her role absolutely does not mean she's town.

Last but not least,
cognitive dissonance
. In and she openly calls Vecna town for his openness and posting. Then, when the Vecna wagon began, that drops without warning in and then full swing in , , and the icing on the cake with where she literally quotes the posts she was town-reading Vecna for in 666 and 741. This isn't just a town read transitioning into a scum read. There's literally no transition and no fucks given throughout. She then jumps off as she sees the wagon dying to fall back on, what, the fourth? Fifth OMGUS vote?

Oh. And she obviously didn't "learn from prematurely claiming" last game as she said in from "scum rolefishing"... She's literally doing everything she can think of to repeat her town games.

Nobody goes out of their way to do all that as town.

Venus and Mars are scum.
I’m not even going to waste my time reading this. You suck at reading me, when are you going to get that through your thick skull?

A) I’ve obvtown by play.
B)I’m a hardclaimed town pr and you are gamethrowing because unless you have intell that my role has a backup, you are essentially gamethrowing.
C)I am so unbelievably so far our of my scumrange by this point, it’s ridiculous and anyone who either has meta on me or does an extensive metacheck on me, can 100% confirm this to be true.

Stop being bad and actually make even a tiny modicum of effort, in actually trying to back up your opinions or you are 100% deserving of that w title.
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2132, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 2055, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 2052, RCEnigma wrote:I also hardclaim town.
I didn’t just hardclaim town, I hardclaimed town pr. If you’re town, you wouldn’t be voting me because unlike chk, you know I’m not bsing here and my claim is legit and I don’t believe how anyone who played in LNT could possibly believe orherwise,
How can you call me scum when I hardclaimed town?
I was doubting my read until you persisted in in essentially ignoring all of the evidence debunking your read on me and refused to entertain that I might be wrong about you, rather than scum. I also thought your barb theory reminded me a bit of MG but you have also known to be moonlogicky as town as well. Re: fake role pm gate in LNT, so I dunno. What I do know is that town!RC wouldn’t be deathtunelling me here and ignoring all of the vast evidence pointing to me being bleeding obvtown here - especially since you were in LNT and have 0 reason to assume that I’m lying about my role.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2133, Michael Scott wrote:Chkflip locktown :3
I wouldn’t threaten to blacklist him if I thought he was scum here, I’d actually give him props.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2137, chkflip wrote:The linked posts are before any of that happened at all, actually, and the two of you did my favorite hydra thing by agreeing then disagreeing then agreeing with yourself. FUCKING love hydra dissonance. Isn't confusing at all.

This isn't about you coming in and saying lolno; this is the out-of-nowhere abrupt change that ONLY MARS MADE that just so happened to coincide with the gamestate at the time. No slow burn. No I think you're right. Straight from "Vecna is town" to "Vecna is scum" for literally the same exact posts. She quotes them in 901. She called them town not 300 posts prior with zero inclination of "huh I think x is right about this."

That's cognitive dissonance at its finest homie.

She needed to get off that garbage vote she was hanging onto and snuck right into the Vecna wagon.

Not today champ.
Which one of us ever lockscum read Vecna? I want to see the quotes and FYI, changing one’s reads makes youva good player - something YOU really ought to think about - not scummy, so long as you have logically valid reasons for doing so.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 2141, chkflip wrote:
Venus and Mars wrote:As for the your second point. Take it as you want, I was not role fishing I wanted that info to make certain of my assesmsnt I could care less what the roles themselves were. I just wanted to know who actually got what they wanted not what the wanted. Imo that would help resolve the alignemnt/ roles and which came first thing.

~Venus
No that's actually not what you did whatsoever.
In post 1410, Venus and Mars wrote:I think everyone that didn't get what they wanted should claim what they asked for.

~Venus
To what end is this not an attempt at role fishing by asking what people's choices were, exactly?

Furthermore what's the town motivation in asking this question to begin with?
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

To determine the alignment based off of motivation. My brain is seriously hurting.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:05 am

Post by Vecna »

oh yeah, i was townreading nomnom early game. that catchup reminded me of that and reinforced the feeling.

Im not really seeing the scum in GB, but I also feel its the type of playstyle that might fly under my radar.

JJH what was that about alternate wincon?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:06 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2269, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 2132, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 2055, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 2052, RCEnigma wrote:I also hardclaim town.
I didn’t just hardclaim town, I hardclaimed town pr. If you’re town, you wouldn’t be voting me because unlike chk, you know I’m not bsing here and my claim is legit and I don’t believe how anyone who played in LNT could possibly believe orherwise,
How can you call me scum when I hardclaimed town?
I was doubting my read until you persisted in in essentially ignoring all of the evidence debunking your read on me and refused to entertain that I might be wrong about you, rather than scum. I also thought your barb theory reminded me a bit of MG but you have also known to be moonlogicky as town as well. Re: fake role pm gate in LNT, so I dunno. What I do know is that town!RC wouldn’t be deathtunelling me here and ignoring all of the vast evidence pointing to me being bleeding obvtown here - especially since you were in LNT and have 0 reason to assume that I’m lying about my role.
I've asked what you have done that is so insanely townie and people just shrugged and went idk, town stuff. That does not cut it for me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”