Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by Iconeum »

much regrets about repping into this game

clearly i'm not a match (playstyle wise) with most of you

this is just (mostly) a very passive group that simply wants to play follow the cop imo
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Madoka »

I'm sorry you feel that way Ico. I'm not waiting until the deadline, I just haven't had the time to read in-depth and I don't feel comfortable voting until I do. As I said, I'll be caught up soon.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Madoka »

Please don't give in to despair. You're our saving grace.
happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by happyorange »

In post 439, Aloratom wrote:
In post 310, happyorange wrote:
In post 309, Aloratom wrote:
In post 307, happyorange wrote:
In post 240, Aloratom wrote:
In post 170, happyorange wrote:
In post 114, 72offsuit wrote:Orange vs DK feels more like
TvT
to me
Uh, what? I don't remember doing anything other than ignoring DKK, not sure how you're imagining that as a TvT.
If it's not TvT, I take it you think DkKoba is scummy?
Does that mean something other than I think it does? I assumed it meant town versus town, aka two villagers fighting.
I think you've been calling Village what I would call Town (the good guys). I would call the Village the set of everyone who is playing and Town (the good guys) a subset and scum (the bad guys or werewolves) a subset.
Yeah, I use them interchangeably but tend to default to village. Village/town, villager/townie, wolves/mafia.

My confusion was that you called it TvT when you can't really have a shouting match if only one person is shouting.
I don't think you answered my question, or if you did, I didn't understand it. Did you think at that time that DkKoba was scummy?
I mean, he was blatantly being as scummy as possible to make a point of it. I didn't have him as any likelier to be a wolf than anyone else, though, if that's what you're asking. You're confused because 72 said "orange vs dk is tvt," then I said "there is no orange vs dk," and you thought I meant that it wasn't tvt because I didn't think dk was a t when I actually meant that there was no v. I had no opinion on dk's alignment.
happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by happyorange »

Oh, wait, is dk the person who uses gender neutral pronouns. Well, crap. Sorry dk.
happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by happyorange »

The more I think about it the more 72's read on me feels like it could be tmi. The way he came in with the "orange/dk is tvt" thing also feels like the type of archetypical observation a wolf might make, where the way the observation doesn't quite match reality suggests it isn't an organic thought coming from a villager. His reads in general seem pretty one dimensional but also aren't surface level, which is a bit of a concerning contrast. Not sure how I feel about this as an actual scumread, but also not really seeing much from him to make me overly doubt myself. I'd probably put it at a coinflip.

Vote: 72offsuit
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by Madoka »

Alright, let's get this started.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 440, Tet wrote:
In post 437, Aloratom wrote:
In post 425, Aloratom wrote:Actually, re-reading 418 and 423, I'll retract.

UNVOTE: Battle Mage
and , not 418 and 423. It's just a bad idea for the hider to give reads, but that doesn't mean he can't scum hunt.
Well, he gets a free check at night. Dkkoba dropping pressure on a slot signals to scum that there was a check there and that takes away a mislynch avenue but scum are privy to it. Then they axe that slot the following night.

The more clears that the hider has, or potential clears floating around, the more scum needs to panic.
I think the hider has a pretty short life expectancy in this game, given they die if they target scum or vig, or if they target someone who is also killed.

In a different game, you might have a point.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 428, Aloratom wrote:
In post 426, happyorange wrote:
In post 425, Aloratom wrote:Actually, re-reading 418 and 423, I'll retract.

UNVOTE: Battle Mage
Because you realized it's actually a good post, or because you realized it has zero bearing on mage's alignment?
Neither. I read 423 out of context, so it didn't say what I thought it said initially. I'm not sure where I'm placing Battle Mage yet.
In post 434, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 423, Aloratom wrote:This is a bad post.

VOTE: Battle Mage

Ftr
:lol: :lol: :lol: I can easily see how you could take 423 out of context - it was pretty ambiguous! :P
Last edited by BrightEyedFish on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

oh no, messed up the quotes on that one! MOD - please help!

Is that right?
Last edited by BrightEyedFish on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 443, Iconeum wrote:
In post 403, Allomancer wrote:
In post 358, Iconeum wrote:
In post 150, Iconeum wrote:@allomancer, is there any particular reason you started giving game thoughts *after* 72 called you out on that? Did you just get caught?
In post 185, Iconeum wrote:
In post 181, Allomancer wrote:I really don't see any town reasoning behind Dkkoba's recent posts.
VOTE: DkKoba
then what do you see? this is so superficial it makes me cringe

do you scumread his intention? do you see a scum setting something up?

->what and which posts make you scumread dkkoba?

VOTE: allomancer
allomancer plz respond
The series of posts were he tried to claim mafia bussing orange. While I obviously didn't think he was telling the truth, I couldn't see why town would do that, so I voted him thinking he was scum pushing a mislynch. Obviously that has since changed.
Could you see any reason why scum would do that? Why didn't you put this in a post in the first place, it's not like it's essay lenght or anything
In post 413, Battle Mage wrote:Iconeum - your 'case' against me below, is based on your assertion I voted for Hiraki after Dkkoba claimed. This is untrue. In fact, it's so untrue, I can't believe you bothered to make it up. As I recall dkkoba claimed BECAUSE I'd voted for Hiraki. :roll:

I can live with an Iconeum lynch today for good ol' fashioned lies and deceit.
In post 364, Iconeum wrote:battlemage, first you build a case from the ground up starting in nearly your opening post on dkkoba
then when you can't continue that, you
instantly
devize a new case on someone you were previously townreading, and gave not a single indication to otherwise about
In post 72, Battle Mage wrote:early read, based on a sample of her recent games, is Hiraki = town.
nice and easy townread on hiraki
In post 142, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 132, Hiraki wrote:
In post 118, 72offsuit wrote:1. What did u mean by not good?
It wasn't a good post.
In post 118, 72offsuit wrote:2. What do u mean by VI i take it back?
Village Idiot.
Hold on....so all that was just a coded way to call me an idiot? keep it classy, and feel free to share some more fascinating insights with the group :facepalm:
annoyed at hiraki, but nothing remotely thinking this could be scum
In post 207, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 191, Hiraki wrote:Iconeum and I are vibing HARD. He can do all of the typing for me at this point that you guys might want.
I'm cool with that. Iconeum's less mean to me than you are! :giggle:
not an interaction with a scumread if you ask me
In post 226, Battle Mage wrote:
Hiraki notes

It didn't strike me until I re-read, but despite posting often, Hiraki has made almost no contribution to the game so far. Mostly "I like this" or "Don't like that" or "X is town". At one point, asked DrDoLittle to explain his vote, despite the fact he is still voting for 72offsuit (since Page 1?) with no explanation. It does have a lot of hallmarks of scum making minimal actual effort, but wanting to seem like they have something valuable to progress the discussion. Little consistency of view - one post suspicious of Iconeum, subsequent post very friendly towards Iconeum. Has repeatedly conveyed a very confident town-read throughout on Allomancer, but still tempted to jump on the bandwagon at L-2.

Earlier I'd looked at some old Hiraki games, and had an initial town read, but foolishly didn't make notes on which ones/why.

Micro 714 is definitely worth a look if you're keen. In Micro 714, Hiraki (Mafia Goon) also didn't make any real contribution to discussion (died Day 1), and also put most of his focus into arguing about whether someone had a right to be maligned after he had clearly undermined them.

For contrast, in Minimal Normal 2002, Hiraki (Town) quite quickly got stuck in with views, which were well thought-out and coherently expressed.

From a quick skim of various other games, Hiraki's attitude to the game isn't a tell - he swears a lot and can be unduly aggressive regardless of alignment.
the distinction, on this very small sample, appears to be that Hiraki-town gives enough information to support his position, so that he has some hope of persuading others to join him. Hiraki-scum doesn't give enough information to influence anybody, but also not enough information for anyone to be able to disagree.

In this game, as with Micro 714, although Hiraki has thrown shade and picked sides (without saying why), he hasn't given enough of a hook to grab onto, or to really judge his reasoning one way or another.

Unvote, Vote: Hiraki
and after dkoba claim, BOOM insta scumread
it's also in the same style as your previous one, a hard case without any kind of effort into actually sorting the slot

both of them (hiraki and dkoba) feel very forced, like you feel obliged to have a read like this out.
what's your read on allomancer?

second vote: battle mage

please stand by, once i'm done with allomancer i'll be all over you :lol:
Well, if it's actually true that you cased Hiraki prior to the claim then most of my case falls in the water. If you think I'm scum pushing a bad case on you then you should 100% come after me.
Erm why would town just make stuff up? :igmeou:
In post 444, Iconeum wrote:Well okay then, apologies for the good 'ol lies and deceit there battle mage
I think at this stage you might as well come clean. Seems like the game is up! :cop:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Yes I admit it. I'm scum. Clearly. I misread the timing of the events, which is a huge scumtell.

Take me away officer!

(at least you were actually making cases and pushing, which is hard to come by this game lol)
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 442, DrDolittle wrote:lmao rce
Rice?
In post 448, Madoka wrote:What's the purpose of discussing it right now? Philosophy discussion just gives scum a way to post stuff without actually contributing.
I don't think it was a discussion on philosophy - I think he thinks you're scum.
In post 452, Madoka wrote:Please don't give in to despair. You're our saving grace.
That was a lie and a poor pocketing attempt.
In post 456, Madoka wrote:

Alright, let's get this started.
I feel like this is a lot of drumroll for something that promises to be anticlimactic.

• I can't get a read on this fucking monkey, lmao
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by Madoka »

72 and Battlemage if you highlight the part you want to quote before pressing the quote button, it will only quote the highlighted part. Alternatively, please use spoilers for long quotes!
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by Madoka »

Looker, you me and Ico are going to be besties after this catchup and we're gonna roll through scum like a steamroller over boiled eggs.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by Madoka »

Interesting. Looker, you've been treating my slot as you did Raya's in TRF. Does that mean what I think it means?
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:32 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 464, Madoka wrote:Looker, you me and Ico are going to be besties after this catchup and we're gonna roll through scum like a steamroller over boiled eggs.
what you think will happen:

what will probably happen:

Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:33 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 462, Looker wrote:I don't think it was a discussion on philosophy - I think he thinks you're scum.
definitely not a philosophy discussion on my end
but not a full scumread, more like trying to get a read on him
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by Madoka »

Interaction Analysis
=/ not partners

= partners

~ strange interaction (potentially partners)

AlmostEjj

=/Alo

~Battle
the tone here looks very forced. Also . Did a quick meta check and I haven't seen this awkwardness in any of his other games. He also played as scum before on this site and a few unknown games offsite. So I think this is probably newbie scum awkwardness. is also scummy. Update: Based off I don't think they are partners and the strangeness of this interaction comes purely from Ejj's end.

Sidebar: Oh wow, this doesn't make any sense at all:
In post 164, ejjinami wrote:
In post 75, Madoka wrote:
In post 13, ejjinami wrote:
In post 9, DkKoba wrote: So are there any established strategies for this setup or what do we do? I can already think of 1 potential strategy giving it a quick glance but I wanted to ask those more experienced what they thought.
Pfffft, I love how this seems both humble and arrogant at the same time xD
If you have any ideas, just say them
What was arrogant about it to you?
It seemed to come from a pov of someone who already considered their idea as the best one.
If they had an opinion and thought that it was good enough to mention, the only reasons they could have had NOT to say it were to either avoid looking stupid or to try to probe the “experienced players” in a seemingly humble way.
Or if they’re scum, to wait for people to to say their ideas first to see if it’s possible to make them follow a slightly worse one :/
Both last options are arrogant in a way and based on his previous posts, the first one just seemed unlikely.
I think I might
lock AlmostEjj as scum
from this. First of all, aside from Dks other posts, this post in particular did not come off as arrogant. Key phrases: potential strategy, more experienced, established strategies. He was clearly looking for input. Second, this explanation is way overdone/long winded. I think Ejj is hypersensitive scum who felt the need to overjustify himself. You can tell this by the way he felt the need to explicitly show that he didn't know he was town by going through the town and scum scenarios instead of simply explaining it as a whole. Third, the reasoning doesn't make sense. I really doubt townEjj thought this: "to see if it’s possible to make them follow a slightly worse one :/"
Ejj wrote:
battle mage wrote:
Madoka, why do you think Orange is suspicious for arguing something so obviously wrong, and anti-town, when it was already pretty clear the consensus was against him?

I'm not convinced yet Orange would stick his neck out like that for no reason if he was scum, much more likely to fade into background agreeing with majority.

This is a bad read imo. If you think that he is town for that, why not openly say it? It kinda sounds like you want to give a hint that you disagree with the wagon without openly stating your stance on the matter.
Ejj wrote:
Dkk wrote:
If something speaks like scum, then it probably is scum. From my experience at least. I implore people to put pressure on orange and make them explain themselves. I am personally not satisfied with their logic as all it does it help setup mafia and invalidate PRs
...lol

Ngl, the wagon on orange is starting to get weird. Being wrong is not always AI and is definitely not townie so so many players yelling at each other because of it feels slightly off.
These two posts are contradictory. Yes, I say we lock him as scum.

*Probably not scum with Alora or Hiraki based on some comments in .

Spoiler: MultiLevel Irony
In post 349, Almost50 wrote:
In post 348, DkKoba wrote:
In post 252, Almost50 wrote:
In post 250, Battle Mage wrote:Not enough people voting for Hiraki here... Would be great if people could explain why, making reference to my watertight case against him!
I'll read and see if I buy the case
did you end up reading?
In post 345, Almost50 wrote:Note: This does NOT mean I SR Hiraki.
Now tell who's not reading (or rather is not
comprehending
what they read).
In post 431, Madoka wrote:
In post 421, Almost50 wrote:
In post 375, Madoka wrote:I'm not really up for discussing it. You can read my completed game / ask Looker/Hiraki for meta.
OK. Can you please provide a read list in one post? I don't really care if you have too many nulls. I just want something to check back on when we do have flips. Thanks in advance.
This is suspicious to me. I don't see the point of this question given and . It reads as someone wanting to get in their brownie points.

=/Tet

I actually like Almost's tone. I'll need to dig into his meta. I'm sleepy at the moment and going to bed. I still don't want to vote, but to appease Ico I'll go here for the time being. I didn't realize how little Almost has given. Regarding I've caught scum on something similar before, getting in on questioning me for something I had already promised to provide later.

VOTE: Almost
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:17 pm

Post by Madoka »

I'm still doing a read through but these are my impressions so far. Depending on how Looker responds to me, I'm almost sure she's town. I've read her correctly from just a few posts in the past 3-4 games she's been in. Ico is playing completely different than what I've seen as scum. I've barely read any of the Easter Eggs' posts.

Deviled eggs
(the best kind of eggs)
Madoka
DkKoba
Iconeum
Looker

Easter Eggs

Tet
Allomancer
72offsuit
Battle Mage
Aloratom
Hiraki

Rotten Eggs

happyorange
DrDolittle
Almostejji
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:20 pm

Post by Madoka »

Also, I may need to reconsider Orange. I think Orange and ddl probably are partners and I think ddl-AlmEjj have some partner equity. ddl's reads seem way off to me. I don't like his Looker push at all.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:20 pm

Post by Madoka »

EBWOP: probably aren't partners
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:27 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

Vote count 1.8
happyorange (3)
- Almost50, Hiraki, DkKoba

Allomancer (2)
- Tet, 72offsuit

Almost50 (2)
- Looker, Madoka

72offsuit (2)
- Aloratom, happyorange

Hiraki (1)
- Battle Mage

Looker (1)
- DrDolittle

not voting (2) -
Allomancer, Iconeum

with 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch

deadline:
(expired on 2020-04-11 09:00:00)

mod notes:

-
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:40 pm

Post by Iconeum »

oof that's a big post

I wanna say that I respectfully disagree with your ejjilmost scumread, I was townreading that based off of tone and the post related to hider claiming (which didn't benefit scum AT ALL)

i like the position of most of your reads, kinda
it's early for a full readlist
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by Iconeum »

like, put looker down in easter eggs and switch allomancer with ejji and that's probably good
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

Return to “Completed Open Games”