Gamma Emerald (1) - GuiltyLion
xtoxm (1) - farside
Pine (1) - BBmolla
BBmolla (1) - Vecna
Drixx (1) - Elsa Jay
Vecna (1) - Albert B. Rampage

Not voting (5) - Pine, momo, VaultDweller, Drixx, Almost50

(expired on 2020-05-01 15:10:00) remain until day end

With 21 players alive, it takes 11 to reach a majority.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:01 am

Post by SirCakez »

As the tape recorder self-destructs, you look around. You are in a long, dark, rusted hallway. Behind you is darkness. In front of you lies a monstrous doorway. Do you enter?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 22, Drixx wrote:Hello all you lovely people. So I'm in a hood, and our dear mod declined to give us a roster of who is in there.
I find it unusual that nobody has commented on this post.

I'm in a daychat PT too. There are at least 3 other players in it.

There are 21 players total, 16 town and 5 same-side scum.

Let's make some assumptions.

There are two neighborhoods or more, each with at least 4 players.

Nobody picked up on Drixx's post, because they don't want to out themselves as in his Private Topic or in a PT at all. If people weren't in a hood, they would be more interested in Drixx who claimed he was in one. Nothing in the setup said anything about PTs, except that daychat is active for all of them. So we have to assume everyone is in one.

Now what bothers me is the player count. Why 21 players and not 20? With 20 players, you can have 4-player or 5-player PTs with an even distribution.

21 can only be divided by 7. So are there 3 PTs, with 7 players each? If so, in my PT, 3 players have stayed on the sidelines so far, with 4 including myself announcing our presence, and in another PT, we know of Drixx.

What are possible distributions of scum in the PTs in 3 7-player PTs? 2-2-1, 2-3-0, or 5-0-0. The first one is the most likely (60%), the second one unlikely (30%), and the third option highly improbable (10%).

Therefore, if my assumption is correct that we're all in a PT, and that we all have scum in our PT, it's not safe to post our insights in the PTs as scum have daytalk and can share information, keeping the town out of the loop on content and slowing down scumhunting.

There's another possibility, however:

There could be a masons.

In this case, 21 players could break down like this:
3 masons in their hood
18 players remaining, 3 hoods with 6 players each

So here's what I'm thinking:
1) It's not safe to massclaim our PTs
2) It's safe for someone to claim not to be in a PT, although they might be lying about it and we don't have the means to verify.
3) If you're in a PT, you should announce your presence to the PT participants. Otherwise, you are damaging town cohesion and would therefore most likely be scum.
4) As the game progresses, if we clean out 2 scum from a single PT, it's probable that the remaining are town.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Hectic »

I found the plot!
In post 151, SirCakez wrote:
As the tape recorder self-destructs, you look around. You are in a long, dark, rusted hallway. Behind you is darkness. In front of you lies a monstrous doorway. Do you enter?
Before considering entering the door, I shine my torch into the darkness behind me, taking care to look out for potential Venus Fly Traps.

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 152, Albert B. Rampage wrote:There could be a masons.

3 masons in their hood
Why would you assume the 3 in your hood are
masons
? I'm assuming you haven't been told the alignments of your fellow characters in that hood. Why can't it just be a smaller neighbourhood of 3?

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 152, Albert B. Rampage wrote:So here's what I'm thinking:
2) It's safe for someone to claim not to be in a PT, although they might be lying about it and we don't have the means to verify.
3) If you're in a PT, you should announce your presence to the PT participants. Otherwise, you are damaging town cohesion and would therefore most likely be scum.
4) As the game progresses, if we clean out 2 scum from a single PT, it's probable that the remaining are town.
I do agree with everything said here though. The Collision Enquiry Unit approves.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:43 am

In post 154, Hectic wrote:Why would you assume the 3 in your hood are masons? I'm assuming you haven't been told the alignments of your fellow characters in that hood. Why can't it just be a smaller neighbourhood of 3?
Right. Evenly distributed hoods are the underlying assumption. I said it's possible there's a separate mason team that isn't a part of any hoods. We don't know many players are in our hoods.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:46 am

Post by momo »

In post 152, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 22, Drixx wrote:Hello all you lovely people. So I'm in a hood, and our dear mod declined to give us a roster of who is in there.

Nobody picked up on Drixx's post, because they don't want to out themselves as in his Private Topic or in a PT at all. If people weren't in a hood, they would be more interested in Drixx who claimed he was in one. Nothing in the setup said anything about PTs, except that daychat is active for all of them. So we have to assume everyone is in one.

Now what bothers me is the player count. Why 21 players and not 20? With 20 players, you can have 4-player or 5-player PTs with an even distribution.

21 can only be divided by 7. So are there 3 PTs, with 7 players each? If so, in my PT, 3 players have stayed on the sidelines so far, with 4 including myself announcing our presence, and in another PT, we know of Drixx.

What are possible distributions of scum in the PTs in 3 7-player PTs? 2-2-1, 2-3-0, or 5-0-0. The first one is the most likely (60%), the second one unlikely (30%), and the third option highly improbable (10%).

Therefore, if my assumption is correct that we're all in a PT, and that we all have scum in our PT, it's not safe to post our insights in the PTs as scum have daytalk and can share information, keeping the town out of the loop on content and slowing down scumhunting.

There could be a masons.

3 masons in their hood

I like the setup analysis, but I'm not sure how I feel about point #4. If everyone or most people are in a PT, the PT selection would probably be random to keep the game somewhat balanced. That said, I'm still doubting that every single person would be in a PT and it would be unmentioned in the game.

If we have a limited number of PTs that don't include all the members, I could see something like 1 scum per PT and the other scum free floating along with some town players.

In that case, it would make sense to at least establish the number of PTs we have, right?
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 153, Hectic wrote:I found the plot!
In post 151, SirCakez wrote:
Before considering entering the door, I shine my torch into the darkness behind me, taking care to look out for potential Venus Fly Traps.

You see nothing.
Feel nothing.
Know nothing.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:52 am

Post by pisskop »

There could be a masons.

3 masons in their hood

So far we know there are two hoods. If you also dont know who is in your hood than it sounds like scum could well be in them or watching them. Why else would we not know our hoodmates?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 am

Post by pisskop »

I dont think we should be making assumptions about hoods right now. But I really do agree that we should be posting in our hoods so that everyone else knows they are there.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 158, SirCakez wrote:You see nothing.
Feel nothing.
Know nothing.
Hear no evil
See no evil
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 147, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 143, Elsa Jay wrote:Considering the post before that is my introduction, it is indeed my RVS. Serious Mode will be put on soon.
Write out your detailed thoughts no later than tomorrow night, as you've unfortunately already drawn my attention.
I'm honored, Mister Rampage, for the attention.

Also ftr I admit I didn't read Drixx mentioning a hood but frankly it sounds decent to me.

Throwing out my 2 cents already, if your theory is right (which it isn't but okay) then the hoods would probably be used to allow a traitor to talk to their teammates otherwise if they kill the other person in said hood.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:57 am

If I was a mod and I wanted masons in this setup, I would put one mason in each PT and give the mason team a separate mason PT.

If there were scum in every PT, scum would have total knowledge of who is in each PT by the time everyone posts in their PT, so it's unlikely massclaiming PTs could help scum deduce PRs.

How do we stand watch against scum sabotage and incentivize pro-town behavior when there's so much going on behind the scenes?

For now, let's announce our presence in our respective hoods. I can't see a setup that would reward a player abstaining from posting and lurk their PT.

A future hood massclaim is inevitable, after we see some flips.

For now, I would be happy if a representative from each PT were to report back to the game thread if there's any game content being posted in a PT, as we have to assume the scum are watching.

Drixx and I can naturally be the ambassadors of our respective PT and keep you all in the loop if anyone tries something suspicious.

Remember, scum can coordinate both in our PTs and with each other during the day, so they can organize lynches if we let them get away with non-public information.

If you're in a hood outside of the one Drixx and I are in, you should privately vote for your own ambassador.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:02 am

In post 157, momo wrote:In that case, it would make sense to at least establish the number of PTs we have, right?
Yes, I agree.

If you're in a hood outside of the one Drixx and I are in, you should privately vote for your ambassador now, before it is decided
for you
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I love this guy!
farside
farside
Goon
farside
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:16 am

Post by farside »

There could be a masons.

3 masons in their hood

I don't think the breakdown is all that simple.
The problem with 3 and 4 is there is no way to know who has access the the PT when the mod doesn't list who is part of the PT.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:29 am

In post 166, farside wrote:The problem with 3 and 4 is there is no way to know who has access the the PT when the mod doesn't list who is part of the PT.
It's in their own interest to come forward with an ambassador.

The ambassador will:

1) Protect their identity until the masslcaim, which we should collectively decide on after we start seeing flips.
2) Relay information from the PT to the game thread. The mod might initiate "events" in the PTs which is of general town concern, or a player may request information be conveyed on their behalf.
3) Act as a deterrent against politicking behind the scenes, and as a good judge of what content in the PT may be of interest to the town.

If they don't privately vote soon, a player in their PT may self out themselves like Drixx and I did, forcing their hand, and tilt us in the direction of a PT massclaim before we collectively vote on initiating it through democracy.

I also believe this will help kickstart Day 1 with quality content and player-driven decisions rather than the usual pleasantries we exchange on Day 1. We can start substantive cases and bandwagons from there, something scum will do anything to avoid.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 158, SirCakez wrote:
You see nothing.
Feel nothing.
Know nothing.
This is unfortunate.

I push Morning Tweet and pisskop into the monstrous doorway. Also, I laugh.

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Why meeee---!!!
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Hectic »

You're a bat, so you can use your echolocation in the dark. You'll be fineee.

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

(/ω\) well then i sure hope there arent any deathtraps in here, that'd be a major bummer
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Hectic »

But you can fly out of any. You're kinda OP honestly.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 135, Elsa Jay wrote:To Boon or not to Boon? Same pun and shiz.
This. You made an enemy’s because of that game.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Ah! I forgot about that. But what if it's, like, one of those doors with the shotguns hanging above it!? I can't dodge a gun, and definitely not multiple of them!! :C

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”