Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 221, momo wrote:
In post 219, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 214, momo wrote:
In post 203, Morning Tweet wrote:Am I reading this correctly? you drew my alignment from the use of the word "like"?
Not entirely. Seeing it gave me the urge to read your iso, and BM nailed the characterization of your interactions with ABR pretty well. This is furthered by you making post 207 after BM expressed his concerns but not responding to them.

I'm inclined to believe the support you've gotten regarding your tone from the other members of the town but I have three questions for you before I do.
1. Why didn't you respond to BM's thoughts of your interactions with ABR?
2. Why are you trying to buddy ABR? Do you have any reads that you want ABR's support to get hear or is it just to ensure your protection?
3. If this casual tone is something that you keep constant across all games, why do you choose to use it?
1. He said he thought it was scummy when I said "I love this guy!", because he perceived that as buddying-- I don't really.. see it that way. I do love the effort Albert is putting in!
2. this is a bit of a loaded question.. I'm not buddying ABR. I like him and what he's trying to get started regarding the neighbourhood nonsense (^ω^)
3. I played very seriously when I originally joined the site in 2016. It made me anxious and i had so little fun that I left the site. Now I'm having way more fun!

addendum: i don't equate a more casual playstyle with throwing the game, either. On day one especially, I try to find a few solid townreads. i think it's unreasonable for me to catch scum on the first day, so I *mostly* just find varying degrees of towniness and vote outside of that
This is a very good post. MT is denying the premise of my accusations but doing so with nuance. It's honestly what I would imagine as a town response to my post. UNVOTE:
I agree, but I don't feel quite as strongly as you! Happy with answers 2 and 3. Addendum is weak - I always hate the idea that townies are not looking for scum on Day 1 - even if it's actually how you play, saying it just feels counterintuitive. There remains an issue with answer 1 that I don't think you're looking from the perspective of trying to work out who is town or scum. Although you indicate in the addendum that's a playstyle choice, it doesn't sit great with me. A good townie is always paranoid (or maybe that's just me :lol: )

Unvote
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 222, farside wrote:Xtoxm you coming back to play or respond to this game?
I didn't get the case meno made. Well i should say its a bit reachy so i feel neh about it.
@abr: not sure if you missed what my issue was. If there is no way to know who has access to the neighborhood, how do you know if every player posted is in the pt or not.
I really wasn't trying to say that bluntly because i didn't want to give scum any ideas but it's the biggest flaw to scum hunting the pt.
I share this concern.
In post 223, iDanyboy wrote:I believe scum's fake claims are linked with there PT, so if it get's to late game and some one claims a flavor and that person should be in your respective hood they are probably scum.
What? Where did this come from? :shifty:

Needs a home,
Vote: Danyboy
Show

Nightkilled - 10

iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:58 am

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 222, farside wrote: @abr: not sure if you missed what my issue was. If there is no way to know who has access to the neighborhood, how do you know if every player posted is in the pt or not.
My post was a response to this post.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

that doesn't answer my question. What on earth are you talking about??

You believe scum's fake claims are linked with their PT - how come?

Feel like it COULD be a slip as I have no idea where you got this alleged info on the scum PT and flavour claims.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:05 am

Post by iDanyboy »

Lets say you are in the PT flavored gorillas, and some one claims orangutan and they haven't posted in your PT, then they are scum. This way scum are punished for not posting in there PT.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 229, iDanyboy wrote:Lets say you are in the PT flavored gorillas, and some one claims orangutan and they haven't posted in your PT, then they are scum. This way scum are punished for not posting in there PT.
I don't follow, maybe you can explain it to me in the PT? :wink:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:10 am

Post by davesaz »

Anyone in a hood with flavor that fits with the hood could make that assumption, and it seems pretty valid to me.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 229, iDanyboy wrote:Lets say you are in the PT flavored gorillas, and some one claims orangutan and they haven't posted in your PT, then they are scum. This way scum are punished for not posting in there PT.
Jokes aside, I still have no idea how you 'know' that scum have fakeclaims in their own PT. Maybe I'm just thick, or you could be scum I guess.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 231, davesaz wrote:Anyone in a hood with flavor that fits with the hood could make that assumption, and it seems pretty valid to me.
my hood doesn't have flavour, does yours? :igmeou:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Dave probably means a flavor of characters that are related or something to others.

For example, the Survivors of Saw 2 can have a PT together, or Saw V, ect.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 234, Elsa Jay wrote:Dave probably means a flavor of characters that are related or something to others.

For example, the Survivors of Saw 2 can have a PT together, or Saw V, ect.
I see...maybe I have flavour and don't realise it then? good thing im town I guess haha... :shifty:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Hectic »

I'm in a PT with

Pine
momo - attack on the bat is so weird it's town, but depends on meta
Morning Tweet - maybe towny but might just be tone
Elsa Jay - awkward entrance, Bambi could be scum
Gamma Emerald - our savior and the protagonist of this story
VaultDweller
Vecna
iDanyboy - probably town
GeorgeBailey - GeorgeBailey
Drixx
davesaz - bit off
farside
Battle Mage - who knows with this guy :cop:
BBmolla
GuiltyLion - i will sheep GeorgeBailey
pisskop - natural and healthy
Albert B. Rampage - i reserve judgement for now
Almost50 - disliked joke response to my question, pointing out "crumb"
xtoxm - okay push on farside
Blake Belladonna - Hello.

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Ah, I get it, PT in this case means PUBLIC Thread.

Good one Hectic.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 236, Hectic wrote:I'm in a PT with

Battle Mage - who knows with this guy :cop:

I laughed. :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 237, Elsa Jay wrote:Ah, I get it, PT in this case means PUBLIC Thread.

Good one Hectic.
Thanks, Elsa. I can always count on you.

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Thanks Mario. Now tell me your deepest darkest secret or elsa you get cursed.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 223, iDanyboy wrote:I believe scum's fake claims are linked with there PT, so if it get's to late game and some one claims a flavor and that person should be in your respective hood they are probably scum.
That's such a random deduction to make! I mean.. I can't really argue with it though.

i actually kinda think Dany wouldn't say this as scum, since if he were scum, he'd know the answer to whether or not their fake claims align with the PTs, and be less likely to just randomly comment on it
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Hectic »

I used to be called Jumpman... I always hated that name.

Also, I'm afraid of my place in this story. I want to be an end game survivor but what if I'm just one of those chumps that get killed off in the first trap?

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 147, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 143, Elsa Jay wrote:Considering the post before that is my introduction, it is indeed my RVS. Serious Mode will be put on soon.
Write out your detailed thoughts no later than tomorrow night, as you've unfortunately already drawn my attention.
In post 142, Hectic wrote:Elaborate? For most it'd be the other way around.
I'm confident I can have a better read on them the longer the game goes on, so I won't even entertain lynching them day 1 at all.
In post 146, Vecna wrote:Rampage can be my friend this game
VOTE: Vecna

Why?
Because your alarm bells also went off and you also felt the need to question the "randomizer rvs bit"

Good gut tingles make for good friends
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 241, Morning Tweet wrote:
That's such a random deduction to make! I mean.. I can't really argue with it though.

i actually kinda think Dany wouldn't say this as scum, since if he were scum, he'd know the answer to whether or not their fake claims align with the PTs, and be less likely to just randomly comment on it
well, I mean that's the point of a slip isn't it. He knows something only scum know. :lol:

I know what you're saying here, but I'd argue that as town, he has no reason at all to PRETEND to know what fakeclaim options scum have. As scum, it's just about conceivable that he would be sloppy enough to admit he knew this in the game.

I have no idea how you "can't really argue with it" - because if you're town, you have no idea if it's true or not. :facepalm:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 244, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 241, Morning Tweet wrote:

well, I mean that's the point of a slip isn't it. He knows something only scum know. :lol:

I know what you're saying here, but I'd argue that as town, he has no reason at all to PRETEND to know what fakeclaim options scum have. As scum, it's just about conceivable that he would be sloppy enough to admit he knew this in the game.

I have no idea how you "can't really argue with it" - because if you're town, you have no idea if it's true or not. :facepalm:
Do you think it's possible that scum has been given fakeclaims that don't align with their PT?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 157, momo wrote:
In post 152, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 22, Drixx wrote:Hello all you lovely people. So I'm in a hood, and our dear mod declined to give us a roster of who is in there.
I find it unusual that nobody has commented on this post.

I'm in a daychat PT too. There are at least 3 other players in it.

There are 21 players total, 16 town and 5 same-side scum.

Let's make some assumptions.

There are two neighborhoods or more, each with at least 4 players.

Nobody picked up on Drixx's post, because they don't want to out themselves as in his Private Topic or in a PT at all. If people weren't in a hood, they would be more interested in Drixx who claimed he was in one. Nothing in the setup said anything about PTs, except that daychat is active for all of them. So we have to assume everyone is in one.

Now what bothers me is the player count. Why 21 players and not 20? With 20 players, you can have 4-player or 5-player PTs with an even distribution.

21 can only be divided by 7. So are there 3 PTs, with 7 players each? If so, in my PT, 3 players have stayed on the sidelines so far, with 4 including myself announcing our presence, and in another PT, we know of Drixx.

What are possible distributions of scum in the PTs in 3 7-player PTs? 2-2-1, 2-3-0, or 5-0-0. The first one is the most likely (60%), the second one unlikely (30%), and the third option highly improbable (10%).

Therefore, if my assumption is correct that we're all in a PT, and that we all have scum in our PT, it's not safe to post our insights in the PTs as scum have daytalk and can share information, keeping the town out of the loop on content and slowing down scumhunting.

There's another possibility, however:

There could be a masons.

In this case, 21 players could break down like this:
3 masons in their hood
18 players remaining, 3 hoods with 6 players each

So here's what I'm thinking:
1) It's not safe to massclaim our PTs
2) It's safe for someone to claim not to be in a PT, although they might be lying about it and we don't have the means to verify.
3) If you're in a PT, you should announce your presence to the PT participants. Otherwise, you are damaging town cohesion and would therefore most likely be scum.
4) As the game progresses, if we clean out 2 scum from a single PT, it's probable that the remaining are town.
I like the setup analysis, but I'm not sure how I feel about point #4. If everyone or most people are in a PT, the PT selection would probably be random to keep the game somewhat balanced. That said, I'm still doubting that every single person would be in a PT and it would be unmentioned in the game.

If we have a limited number of PTs that don't include all the members, I could see something like 1 scum per PT and the other scum free floating along with some town players.

In that case, it would make sense to at least establish the number of PTs we have, right?
#sawloremode enabled

PT's are likely tied to the movies. Id wager a guess the cops investigating it are definately one. There was a jigsaw infiltrator there. Im sure if people that saw the movies more recently can come up with other shit.

We dont know if the pt's will follow movie lore (or if characters = alignment according to the movies) but it should be deducible further down in the game (and something that shouldnt be forgotten)
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:52 am

Post by pisskop »

That should be easier to sort.

If a player has a role flavor that indicates they should be scum but are in fact town, they should claim now. Just as if they were a miller.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

I almost wanna say a traitor is a given, but they could surprise us and have just seperated the teams into 2 instead.

4 main scum and a traitor or 3 scum team with a 2 scum team as backup. Or a hardball one that has all 5 together already?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 184, momo wrote:Has anyone in this game played with Morning Tweet before? I'm not really liking the vibes I'm getting from her, but I don't if that's normal.

Post #165 is a clear attempt at budding someone that appears to be a town leader going into the game, but her posts become most problematic when you get to Post #174.

"But what if it's
, like,
one of those doors"

When speaking out loud, people naturally add in filled words such as "like" or "um" to fill space because they are uncomfortable with silence while they are thinking. Making a post with the word "like" as Morning Tweet did here is not natural, it's a deliberate decision. The only possible motivation I can imagine for that decision is to appear more trustworthy/relateable. There's no reason for town to make that decision and for that reason, I VOTE: Morning Tweet.
Already liking Momo

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”