Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 245, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 244, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 241, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 223, iDanyboy wrote:I believe scum's fake claims are linked with there PT, so if it get's to late game and some one claims a flavor and that person should be in your respective hood they are probably scum.
That's such a random deduction to make! I mean.. I can't really argue with it though.

i actually kinda think Dany wouldn't say this as scum, since if he were scum, he'd know the answer to whether or not their fake claims align with the PTs, and be less likely to just randomly comment on it
well, I mean that's the point of a slip isn't it. He knows something only scum know. :lol:

I know what you're saying here, but I'd argue that as town, he has no reason at all to PRETEND to know what fakeclaim options scum have. As scum, it's just about conceivable that he would be sloppy enough to admit he knew this in the game.

I have no idea how you "can't really argue with it" - because if you're town, you have no idea if it's true or not. :facepalm:
Do you think it's possible that scum has been given fakeclaims that don't align with their PT?
*shrug* I haven't got a scooby
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:57 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.3

Almost50 (5) - pisskop, Hectic, iDanyboy, Morning Tweet
farside (2) - xtoxm, GeorgeBailey
GuiltyLion (2) - davesaz, Blake Belladonna
Battle Mage (1) - Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald (1) - GuiltyLion
xtoxm (1) - farside
Pine (1) - BBmolla
BBmolla (1) - Vecna
Drixx (1) - Elsa Jay
Vecna (1) - Albert B. Rampage
iDanyboy (1) - Battle Mage

Not voting (5) - Pine, VaultDweller, Drixx, Almost50, momo

(expired on 2020-05-01 15:10:00) remain until day end

With 21 players alive, it takes 11 to reach a majority.

"Most people are so ungrateful to be alive, but not you, not any more..."
Last edited by SirCakez on Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:01 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 228, Battle Mage wrote:that doesn't answer my question. What on earth are you talking about??

You believe scum's fake claims are linked with their PT - how come?

Feel like it COULD be a slip as I have no idea where you got this alleged info on the scum PT and flavour claims.
Could also just be speculating that PTs are flavour linked....thus claiming PTs would make fakeclaims easier to pull off succesfully for scum
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 248, Elsa Jay wrote:I almost wanna say a traitor is a given, but they could surprise us and have just seperated the teams into 2 instead.

4 main scum and a traitor or 3 scum team with a 2 scum team as backup. Or a hardball one that has all 5 together already?
(Fake attempt to?) townslip spotted.

Multiball is confirmed to not be a thing and the numbers are given in the main post
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Its not Multiball if it's the same alignment still. Trust me, I've played Boon games and talked with people like Almost.

If their wincon is "kill jigsaws's chosen" then they can be separated into 2 groups and still be the same team.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Then again I've played too many Boon games and think it's him or Almost running this game, so I'll assume the more common thing and say they're just together in general. Or the 4 plus traitor thing.

Unless you wanna argue about the rule wording making it also impossible for there to be a Traitor?

Fun times, setup spec in Large themes is alsos different.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:15 am

Post by pisskop »

:| all fine, but just spec atp. Thing about traitors is you can almost always spot them when they do their 'hey, pls kill me' bit.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:17 am

Post by davesaz »

When the specific ratio is advertised, not sure why it's worthwhile to go into that.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Pisskop is the traitor.

Case closed.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Vecna »

Youre feeling really weird
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Vecna »

VOTE: Elsa jay
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:19 am

Post by davesaz »

Past page 10 and neither A50 or Elsa have fakeclaimed. What's the world coming to? :lol:
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 259, Vecna wrote:Youre feeling really weird
So you vote people because their weird? Very rude.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:24 am

Post by momo »

I'm really not liking this line of thought from Elsa Jay. This game is 16:5. We know that. It's mod-confirmed fact. This implies that there is one scum team and I agree with pk when he says at this point, it's almost irrelevant if there's a traitor. EJ is doing setup analysis, trying to appear as if he is contributing to town but it's through a series of posts that don't actually give town meaningful information. When one of the lines in the mod post is "confirmed 16 vs 5" there's no need to get into all of this.

VOTE: Elsa Jay
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Bro Momo let me talk to actual people I can debate with. I'll talk to you later.

And again, as long as all 5 scum had the same wincon I was going off the chance they could be separated based on the PT thing being brought up by Albert.

You guys just instantly wanted to turn me down. Of course I knew the ratio, but that doesn't mean we can't debate the way the scum are put together.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 263, momo wrote:I'm really not liking this line of thought from Elsa Jay. This game is 16:5. We know that. It's mod-confirmed fact. This implies that there is one scum team and I agree with pk when he says at this point, it's almost irrelevant if there's a traitor. EJ is doing setup analysis, trying to appear as if he is contributing to town but it's through a series of posts that don't actually give town meaningful information. When one of the lines in the mod post is "confirmed 16 vs 5" there's no need to get into all of this.

Are you aware of the fact that what Elsa is suggesting is allowed by the rules? He's suggesting the Acolytes are split into two PTs, and I think it's a fair thing to speculate about given the ratio of scum to town in this game.

For example, we could have two groups of Acolytes that alternate nightkills. They may know each other but not be able to communicate. A lot is possible here.

The Paperwork Command is asking me to lower you on my reads list.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:38 am

Post by davesaz »

I don't see how that makes Elsa scum in any case. My main interest here is trying to avoid going down a 10 page rabbit hole into a wonderland where Boon game mechanics start showing up in other people's themes.

Can't rule out Elsa being scum for other reasons though. Scum!Elsa is quite capable of making an argument that shouldn't come from scum to try to throw us off. :cool:
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 152, Albert B. Rampage wrote:If people weren't in a hood, they would be more interested in Drixx who claimed he was in one.
TBH, I almost commented on it, and now that you mention another hood I am even more intrigued because I am not in either (nor am I in any other hood/PT). But you know what the problem is? The problem is I have stayed "hidden" while I was in a hood at least 3 times before (once as scum and twice as town), so I don't think anyone would believe me here (and especially the one pictured below, as he was in two of these 3 games).

In short, I hereby claim that I am in no hoods/PTs. Take it as you will.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:49 am

Post by BBmolla »

Alright I'm gonna read today
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Still find it weird someone like Dave can overestimate my abilities, but yeah. I just wanted to keep that in everyone's mind, particularly since all the "Jigsaws" never really worked together perfectly, so having them seperate with the same goal made sense to me.

In other news:

VOTE: GuiltyLion so we can get off the Almost wagon. He'll solve himself later.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:53 am

Post by momo »

In post 265, Hectic wrote:
In post 263, momo wrote:I'm really not liking this line of thought from Elsa Jay. This game is 16:5. We know that. It's mod-confirmed fact. This implies that there is one scum team and I agree with pk when he says at this point, it's almost irrelevant if there's a traitor. EJ is doing setup analysis, trying to appear as if he is contributing to town but it's through a series of posts that don't actually give town meaningful information. When one of the lines in the mod post is "confirmed 16 vs 5" there's no need to get into all of this.

Are you aware of the fact that what Elsa is suggesting is allowed by the rules? He's suggesting the Acolytes are split into two PTs, and I think it's a fair thing to speculate about given the ratio of scum to town in this game.

For example, we could have two groups of Acolytes that alternate nightkills. They may know each other but not be able to communicate. A lot is possible here.

The Paperwork Command is asking me to lower you on my reads list.

In post 266, davesaz wrote:I don't see how that makes Elsa scum in any case. My main interest here is trying to avoid going down a 10 page rabbit hole into a wonderland where Boon game mechanics start showing up in other people's themes.

Can't rule out Elsa being scum for other reasons though. Scum!Elsa is quite capable of making an argument that shouldn't come from scum to try to throw us off. :cool:
The vote on Elsa is driven largely by not seeing a better alternative. I don't hard scumread EJ at all, but I had an immediate reaction to a post and I'm happy with my vote there. It's furthering discussion, and giving us meaningful information in the form of reactions, a system that I believe works D1, just like it did on MT.

Sure, it's possible that we could have 2 groups of scum with the same wincon, but I have personally never seen that before. When it comes to a 16:5, I can't imagine that being balanced. Hectic, I'm aware that is's allowed within the rules, but it's really unlikely. A lot is possible here, but that doesn't make it likely. It's also not something any of us can prove in any way.

Dave is right. We need to avoid this discussion. It's not going to go anywhere. It isn't necessarily scum, but spending time discussing mechanics with pure speculation certainly isn't pro town.
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:59 am

Post by momo »

In post 267, Almost50 wrote:
In post 152, Albert B. Rampage wrote:If people weren't in a hood, they would be more interested in Drixx who claimed he was in one.
TBH, I almost commented on it, and now that you mention another hood I am even more intrigued because I am not in either (nor am I in any other hood/PT). But you know what the problem is? The problem is I have stayed "hidden" while I was in a hood at least 3 times before (once as scum and twice as town), so I don't think anyone would believe me here (and especially the one pictured below, as he was in two of these 3 games).

In short, I hereby claim that I am in no hoods/PTs. Take it as you will.
Interesting. I don't think that everyone should massclaim just yet, but if we take this to be true, there are people not in hoods. My question for you a50, is that you have made 10 posts and were the subject of the leading wagon and haven't yet case a single vote. Why?

To everyone, can we try and get a handle on the number of PTs, along with information regarding how many people have posted in each PT from your respective PT ambassadors. Once we get this information, we can determine if a mass claim will be beneficial.
Transcend
Boonskies
TheGoldenParadox
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 160, pisskop wrote:I dont think we should be making assumptions about hoods right now. But I really do agree that we should be posting in our hoods so that everyone else knows they are there.
I disagree. If hood membership is outed to hood members it should be outed to the whole roster. Assuming there is at least one mafia member in each hood the mafia will know the composition of the hoods as soon as players post in their hoods.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 260, Vecna wrote:VOTE: Elsa jay
VOTE: elsa
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 272, Almost50 wrote:
In post 160, pisskop wrote:I dont think we should be making assumptions about hoods right now. But I really do agree that we should be posting in our hoods so that everyone else knows they are there.
I disagree. If hood membership is outed to hood members it should be outed to the whole roster. Assuming there is at least one mafia member in each hood the mafia will know the composition of the hoods as soon as players post in their hoods.
Would you knowing now help you any more than this hypothetical? How many hoods are there even?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”