Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:22 am

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.10

TargetWagon
Allomancer
(3)
nomnomnom (), The Limit Does Not Exist (), GuiltyLion ()
Eve
(3)
Auro (), BBmolla (), acryon ()
acryon
(1)
Allomancer ()
BBmolla
(1)
Eve ()
Not Voting
(3)
SausasaurusRex (), skitter30 (), Karnage ()

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-03 00:18:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:23 am

Post by The Limit Does Not Exist »

In post 413, SausasaurusRex wrote:If Smarter did not understand what I meant by the phrase “If not,” then he should have asked for clarification before making conclusions based upon it.
Also, I should point out-- this is true, of course. It's always better to ask for clarification than to jump to conclusions.

But just because that's what she SHOULD have done doesn't mean that she's more likely to do it as one alignment than the other. Either she actually misread, or she did it intentionally to try to make you look scummy. If she misread, then obviously the problem is between computer and chair and not in our role PM. So it's only scummy if she intentionally misrepresented you to make you look scummy... but what would we gain from that, since she'd know you would just call her out and then we would look bad?

There's really no reason to do that on purpose, and there's no information to be gained from it if it was an accident.

-Smart
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:23 am

Oh I was already writing that post before you asked us to talk to you so I guess that works out :P

Okay. I’m not like 100% happy with that answer but I guess I can’t really fault the Eve vote.

- Smarter
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:23 am

That was @Auro

- Smarter
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:23 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 414, acryon wrote:I echoed a lot of TLDNE's sentiments. Why do you think he is scum, but make no mention of me?
You mostly said you didn’t feel like I say much. I can understand why you feel that way. Smarter, however, made a strawman of what I said and misrepresented me. You even looked for meta to see if I was the right lynch, which I feel is a very town move. In fact, it is enough for me to put you on my list of town reads.
Also, I’m fine with being in copbloc. Check me during N1, you’ll find that I’m confirmed town.
I’ll post a response to soon, I haven’t read it yet.
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:25 am

In post 421, Auro wrote:Yo Smart/Smarter wanna talk to me about anything that doesn't require me to read posts?
That's a pretty harsh restriction. What did you have in mind?

-Smart
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:26 am

Acryon agreed with me when I said “where are your reads? Your pushes?” etc

So if you say I’m strawmanning you there, then acryon must be too.

- Smarter
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Auro »

What's the significance to your avatar?
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:33 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 431, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Acryon agreed with me when I said “where are your reads? Your pushes?” etc

So if you say I’m strawmanning you there, then acryon must be too.

- Smarter
That wasn’t the part where you strawmanned me. The bit I accused you of strawmanning me in was when you said that I was attempting to delay the Allomancer lynch. Whilst this is true, you leave out an important bit of my argument, which was that I was advocating against all lunches. By leaving this part out, you make my argument easier to attack, making it a strawman. Arcyon did not mention me not wanting to lynch anyone.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:35 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 426, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
In post 413, SausasaurusRex wrote:If Smarter did not understand what I meant by the phrase “If not,” then he should have asked for clarification before making conclusions based upon it.
Also, I should point out-- this is true, of course. It's always better to ask for clarification than to jump to conclusions.

But just because that's what she SHOULD have done doesn't mean that she's more likely to do it as one alignment than the other. Either she actually misread, or she did it intentionally to try to make you look scummy. If she misread, then obviously the problem is between computer and chair and not in our role PM. So it's only scummy if she intentionally misrepresented you to make you look scummy... but what would we gain from that, since she'd know you would just call her out and then we would look bad?

There's really no reason to do that on purpose, and there's no information to be gained from it if it was an accident.

-Smart
I suppose I can agree with this. You write a good defence, Smart. Know that I will keep a close eye on your account, though.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:36 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Sorry to leave when the thread is active, but I need to go due to irl reasons. I will answer all questions when J can come back, but that might not be until tomorrow.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Auro »

Rex, I can guarantee you 100% that the slot you're pushing is town.
Enable HH:mm::ss (optional) in account settings; then observe the timestamps of posts of both heads.

You will find that they are posting independently, and I struggle to imagine how they could possibly be coordinating that.

Then, go ahead and read a Something_Smart scum PT. You will find that he plans out a lot of things. Perhaps the Crown of Misery one, where he was scum alongside me.

Then, ask yourself if he would suddenly abandon a pattern of careful posting and planning and pursue a strategy where he and his partner freely, independently post strong stances.

Then, you tell me if you still think they're scum.

:3
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:39 am

Literally no one is or was saying we should lynch right now. The Allomancer wagon had already gone back down to 3 votes by the time you posted, so 1) we weren’t even in danger of lynching too early, and 2) Allomancer in particular was not in real danger of being instalynched, especially since an Eve wagon was also building at that time.

Yet you still chose to focus your first post in 7 pages on Allomancer being lynched too early. Please note what I said -
I am focusing on the parts where you actually mention a person who is in this game
, because I don’t count the game theory part as being AI. Your post doesn’t mention anyone else. (Which is where my questions, “where are your reads? Your pushes?” etc come from in the first place).

Once again - I don’t think I’m strawmanning here. I conclude that your motivation behind writing that post is driven by a desire for Allomancer to not be lynched based on the above.
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:39 am

In post 437, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Literally no one is or was saying we should lynch right now. The Allomancer wagon had already gone back down to 3 votes by the time you posted, so 1) we weren’t even in danger of lynching too early, and 2) Allomancer in particular was not in real danger of being instalynched, especially since an Eve wagon was also building at that time.

Yet you still chose to focus your first post in 7 pages on Allomancer being lynched too early. Please note what I said -
I am focusing on the parts where you actually mention a person who is in this game
, because I don’t count the game theory part as being AI. Your post doesn’t mention anyone else. (Which is where my questions, “where are your reads? Your pushes?” etc come from in the first place).

Once again - I don’t think I’m strawmanning here. I conclude that your motivation behind writing that post is driven by a desire for Allomancer to not be lynched based on the above.
- Smarter
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:41 am

In post 436, Auro wrote:Rex, I can guarantee you 100% that the slot you're pushing is town.
Enable HH:mm::ss (optional) in account settings; then observe the timestamps of posts of both heads.

You will find that they are posting independently, and I struggle to imagine how they could possibly be coordinating that.

Then, go ahead and read a Something_Smart scum PT. You will find that he plans out a lot of things. Perhaps the Crown of Misery one, where he was scum alongside me.

Then, ask yourself if he would suddenly abandon a pattern of careful posting and planning and pursue a strategy where he and his partner freely, independently post strong stances.

Then, you tell me if you still think they're scum.

:3
This
is why you’re townreading us??? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

- Smarter
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Auro »

Yup, that's why you got to town very fast.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:47 am

Post by acryon »

I think we probably just need to lynch Allomancer. Likely scum, and no matter the outcome, there's no flip that gives us more info than that one.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Auro »

What information would a townflip on Allo give you?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:50 am

Post by acryon »

In post 442, Auro wrote:What information would a townflip on Allo give you?
I haven't done the VCA to tell you that (nor am I probably the best person to do so), but it's been by far the topic that's generated the most discussion.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Auro »

I'd like to hear your thoughts nonetheless, from the discussion itself.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:58 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Allo has still not generated pro-town content ever since he was pushed and only threw shade at Eve. This is still the best lynch today.
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:59 am

Post by acryon »

In post 444, Auro wrote:I'd like to hear your thoughts nonetheless, from the discussion itself.
I probably won't go into it too much, because to be perfectly frank I don't want to spend a bunch of time on hypotheticals, especially since we'll also have a NK and the scenario you're presenting is the one I think is less likely.

But high-level: anyone who had weak reasons for their reads on him look worse, and those that were quick to jump from me to him probably look worse.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Auro »

In post 445, nomnomnom wrote:Allo has still not generated pro-town content ever since he was pushed and only threw shade at Eve. This is still the best lynch today.
If you're lynching Allo, I would advocate for Rex to be in the townbloc, and Eve in Cop. Agree?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:03 am

Post by northsidegal »

-
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal