Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 648, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:I'll see if lilith can give the sparknotes on her skitter reasoning.
"He was strawmanning / misrepping / disingenuous"
"No u"
"No u"
"NO U"
"Ok fine you sound sincere I guess"
"NO U and why didn't you vote me"
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by The Limit Does Not Exist »

In post 649, Auro wrote:Do you have a preferred lynch?
I have very few reads actually. You and acryon are my only townreads worthy of the name, and I don't have any scumreads.

So no, not really.

-Smart
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Auro »

Would like it if you talk to Lilith and help critically evaluate Skitter/Allo, etc.
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Eve »

i don't get your reasoning there Auro - maybe i'm not on your realm of thinking but could you dumb it down for me with more "no u"s?

nomnom is a strange player who might be a scum person in this game of mafia
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Auro »

You're talking about my interpretation of the Skitter-1/0 arguments?
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by Eve »

oh yeah what's up with this 1/0 thing i keep hearing about

i don't want to go looking through the walls
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 614, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
In post 585, skitter30 wrote:? no you weren't?
I feel like I was. I didn't really push my reads aside from my Billy scumread D1, but even that I backed off on before the end of the day.

-Smart
ok, but you actually, like, had reads that you were sharing, and had a pretty strong thread presence and whenever things started to go in a direction you didn't like, you would definitely let people know

that's not happening here. i have no idea what your reads are and you're basically popping in to bicker about mechanics with auro and that's like all i can remember you doing
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 618, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 598, skitter30 wrote:also, hi, let's talk about why you're scumreading me
Hi, who should I be scum reading instead? You're voting me instead of either Eve/Allo, do you think both are town? Who's my partner in your eyes rn?

also I see some other stuff I wanna respond to but I just skimmed and don't have energy right this second, I'll prob post a lot more in a bit
a) this doesn't really answer my question
b) i think you're scummier than both of them
c) asking me for a full-solve on day 1 without any flips is silly and unreasonable
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:27 pm

In post 652, Auro wrote:Would like it if you talk to Lilith and help critically evaluate Skitter/Allo, etc.
We just talked about skitter for a bit (someday I will stop accidentally typing shitter and having to correct myself, but it is not this day :lol:).

She said the gist of her reasoning was that skitter was trying to call us out for being disingenuous and misrepping without actually engaging us to see why we were acting that way. I do feel like she engaged us to some extent, so I don't totally agree with that claim, but she also backed off kinda suddenly without really resolving the issue.

Overall verdict is I don't really agree with the reasoning per se but I also don't object to the vote.

As for Allo my brain has nothing but from a quick ISO skim I like - .

-Smart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 619, GuiltyLion wrote:as for one reason why I'm scumreading you, it's pretty bad townplay to vanity vote me here instead of actually taking stances on either of the L-2 or L-3 wagons and I expect better from you for that. scum!skitter last time I played with her similarly ended the first day not being or discussing either of the major wagons of the day
I've given stances on both of them, thank you
also which game was that?
Show
Hiatus once more.

The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:31 pm

In post 647, Auro wrote:
In post 643, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:So skitter drops the entire push and says "okay I guess hydra is town" as soon as she receives external pressure regarding her push on me, and you're just cool with that?
Oh, god, no, she took a step back and reached the correct assessment that this is fruitless and your arguments sound sincere even if wrong.

I think the way you go about this (her attacking you without voting you) lacks nuance.

I'm curious: are you on the same page about Skitter as Smart? Does he agree with your arguments?
I don't think my approach lacks nuance at all. I am pretty bad at explaining clearly what I mean because my brain works in really weird ways, so hopefully my sparknotes version will help:
  • Skitter has repeatedly called our posts disingenuous, contrived, strawmanning, and misreppy but has not engaged us directly about it. When I try to engage with her on clarifying what about our posts are disingenuous/misreppy/etc her response has basically been "no you're disingenuous" "no your post was contrived" etc and she's used that to deflect the actual points I'm making so she gets away with not actually responding directly to my points.
  • She has been skirting around us this whole time and tried to throw as much shade as possible without herself ever getting directly involved in pushing/engaging with our slot by asking us to explain our reasoning, calling us scummy, voting us, etc.
  • I think if she were town, she would try to actively engage with us on things she thinks are disingenuous or misrepresentative to gain understanding of whether we have a town or scum mindset, and instead she is simply announcing to everyone else that we are being disingenuous.
Hopefully this makes clear that it's not her attacking me without voting our slot that's my issue, it's the fact that she has repeatedly deflected my attempts to engage with her directly and danced around throwing us shade without actually calling us scummy as if she's hoping someone else will push us.

- Smarter
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:31 pm

In post 656, skitter30 wrote:ok, but you actually, like, had reads that you were sharing, and had a pretty strong thread presence and whenever things started to go in a direction you didn't like, you would definitely let people know

that's not happening here. i have no idea what your reads are and you're basically popping in to bicker about mechanics with auro and that's like all i can remember you doing
It depends very much on the specifics of the game. I got pretty tunneled in that game which is unusual, and I also had to deal with wagons on my townreads. (Which isn't that unusual, but isn't really happening here because I don't have as many townreads.)

-Smart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 620, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 598, skitter30 wrote:also feels tmi-y to me
also explain this

is the TMI part that I think Eve is good odds of a mislynch? Or that I am talking to Auro as if I believe he's town? Why are either of those more likely to come from scum!me then town!me
the former, that you're saying that auro's method for sorting eve could lead to easy mislynches

he's working off of a pretty holistic method for optimizing sorting the entire pl , and from that pov, putting eve in his lynch pile makes sense. like, how else should he be trying to sort a slot like eve here given his entire approach to the game?

saying this felt like you were trying to negate his plan by saying it could lead to mislynches , which is technically true, but is kinda like ignoring how eve slots into his whole pov
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 621, GuiltyLion wrote:sooooo... you agree with me TLDNE hydra is town here, yes?
Lilith head, maybe
ss head, no
Show
Hiatus once more.

The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:43 pm

._.

-Smart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 626, GuiltyLion wrote:already have more posts in this game than in my recent Newbie scum game now btw, which was twice as long

you're so willing to townbin Allo for playing similar to town games, yet can't seem to give me any credit whatsoever when this should really obviously stand apart from my most recent scumgames
i'm kinda not following why you're expecting allo to recognize town!you here as compared to the newbie when you've kinda conceded that although you're saying your play here is different than your scumgame you don't necessarily expect other people to see that yet
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 630, GuiltyLion wrote:We agree 1/0 is town. Anyone who attacks that slot at this point is going to get flak from me,
it's not a pro-town move at all and just reads like trying to open up a future lynchpool
. And then skitter winds up... townreading 1/0 anyway. Either she's not thinking at all and just messily posting lazy takes or she's scum.
you realize that that's not my scum mo in the slightest, right?

i had issues with how Lilith approached rex, yeah
i ultimately think that her indignation / annoyance at me is probably townie, but i don't agree that ss is playing to his town meta here. you earlier said at some point that you think i ought to be recognizing that ss is town here. why do you think that?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 631, Eve wrote:is skitter saying "but ok" a lot an AI thing?
no, it's an 'i'm exasperated with you lot' thing
Show
Hiatus once more.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 658, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:I don't totally agree with that claim, but she also backed off kinda suddenly without really resolving the issue
In post 611, skitter30 wrote:i think her engagement back on this is p decent, and the more i'm bickering with her about this, the more i'm feeling we're both very firmly entrenched in believing that 'our side is right' and I've been sniping back because i feel like she isn't really understanding my pov, so i feel like i need to keep repeating myself to get my point across
You don't think this is a sufficient resolution of the issue?
Do you foresee that if Skitter continued to explain her PoV, Lilith would understand where the miscommunication lay?

I struggle to see why continued engagement there is useful.
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:03 pm

I guess it's sufficient if she really did change her mind but that post reads like a "let's agree to disagree" post except she seems to be simultaneously admitting that she was wrong and insisting that she was not wrong.

I do think further discussion probably would illuminate the issue more, though it would also distract the hell out of everyone else.

-Smart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 633, GuiltyLion wrote:like, sure, I probably am being unreasonable about it. I tend to overreact to people who I expect to townread me not townreading me

but
why do you think I'm scum for that? Isn't this like extremely plausible to come from a town!GL

thinking on it I've noticed this pattern from you before, you seem reactive to ways I try to pull towncred as town and then decide I'm scum because you don't like it, rather than like actually considering whether there's town motivation in doing what I do

if you're town here I realllyyyy need you to engage more with Eve/Allo slots and give me stuff to work with on those fronts
auro's pretty townread right now but you keep pulling up this notion of being paranoid of him and/or expecting him to read you better when you've kinda acknowledged . you have these unreasonable expectations of how he ought to be reading you and when he doesn't live up to them, you say you can't townread him. it feels like a way for you to keep him at arm's length and allowing you to not townread him.
idk why this is more likely to come from town!you than scum!you

i was actually going to call you out on complaining about my eve read when it's kinda similar to your own but i just went through my own iso and i don't see the post i thought i wrote so maybe it never made it into the thread
but basically, i think that she's scummy on the face of it but there's a few things that point to town, so i'm not particularly interested there right now:
1. her opener wrt the traffic analyst probably just doesn't come from scum, i don't think scum are that brazen usually
2. calling out auro for him being willing to be off-wagon when from his pov he knows he's town
3. and just her whole shtick i have a hard time seeing scum play that way the whole game

i'm still kinda trying to work on getting a definitive read on allo but he's ignored my last few posts
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 639, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 612, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: gl
urgh, really? You don't want to lynch in allo/eve? At least the eve flip reveals associative, I have no faith in a GL lynch.
he's scummy tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 669, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:I guess it's sufficient if she really did change her mind but that post reads like a "let's agree to disagree" post except she seems to be simultaneously admitting that she was wrong and insisting that she was not wrong.

I do think further discussion probably would illuminate the issue more, though it would also distract the hell out of everyone else.
I think agreeing to disagree is the pro-town move for someone who realizes that there's a miscommunication problem and the other is town.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 643, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
So skitter drops the entire push and says "okay I guess hydra is town" as soon as she receives external pressure regarding her push on me,
and you're just cool with that? I can concede that her posts reflect thought progression in terms of the change in Sausasaurus read that I didn't see before, but she has repeatedly called us misreppy, contrived, and disingenuous for multiple different posts we made, not just the initial misunderstanding that happened, but she has never once outright called our slot scummy for it and also didn't vote us. Skitter might be satisfied to "drop it" seeing as she couldn't get any traction on us, but I'm not cool with this just being pushed aside.
i mean, this is also at best an uncharitable way of reading my what i said ?
like idk what you expect me to say here, it's just another example in the pattern that I've called out already

either you're scum trying to find ways to throw shade on people, or you're town and are really good at misreading people's intentions
i'm not sure that re-litigating this argument is really going to get us anywhere tho :shrug:

like this entire paragraph kinda proves my point

do you want me to go through it all again in answering the rest of your post or
Show
Hiatus once more.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 670, skitter30 wrote:2. calling out auro for him being willing to be off-wagon when from his pov he knows he's town
Just saying, this is partially in line with my expectations of how scum would counter my play if I was generally right on my townbloc.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”