skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 651, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
In post 649, Auro wrote:Do you have a preferred lynch?
I have very few reads actually. You and acryon are my only townreads worthy of the name, and I don't have any scumreads.

So no, not really.

-Smart
yeah so this is kinda what i meant by passive ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 658, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:but she also backed off kinda suddenly without really resolving the issue.
.... that's not really what i did either
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by The Limit Does Not Exist »

In post 675, skitter30 wrote:yeah so this is kinda what i meant by passive ^
I certainly don't disagree with the assessment that I'm passive in this game.

I disagree with the suggestion that being passive is somehow uncharacteristic of my towngame.

-Smart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 660, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Hopefully this makes clear that it's not her attacking me without voting our slot that's my issue, it's the fact that she has repeatedly deflected my attempts to engage with her directly and danced around throwing us shade without actually calling us scummy as if she's hoping someone else will push us.
ok it's getting late and i'm starting to get too tired to figure out how to say this again in a different way that will maybe get across to you, so I'll pick up here tomorrow ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i feel like this is a really bad communication issue at this point and i don't really know how else to fix it
Show
Hiatus once more.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Auro »

Just listen to me pl0x and throw this entire line of conversation out the window, that's how to fix it!
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Allo is still not lynched and wallposts all over jesus christ almighty.
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Auro »

Karnage thinks he is likely town, maybe you should talk it out with Karnage first
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

We have one day left we should be compromising on a slot and I sure am not compromising on Skitt or GL
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Auro »

We have like six days left nom, from the first Votecount
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.16

TargetWagon
Allomancer
(3)
nomnomnom (), GuiltyLion (), Eve ()
Eve
(3)
Auro (), BBmolla (), acryon ()
acryon
(1)
Allomancer ()
GuiltyLion
(1)
skitter30 ()
skitter30
(1)
The Limit Does Not Exist ()
Not Voting
(2)
SausasaurusRex (), Karnage ()

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-03 00:18:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 572, Auro wrote:Besides, do answer: what is odd in Molla's take that I am fine being copped because I can become confirmed town?
this feels like something you want me to answer more than much of the other giant wall stuff, so focusing on this for now:

let's wind back a bit:
In post 311, Auro wrote:Oh, and: Crayon, suppose I am scum, with the devious plan of forming a "townbloc" that lets me slip by.
I have never advocated for being on it myself, for starters. So, at the very least, I must be shoving my buddy in there (otherwise there's a 2/5 chance of a guilty which is just bad strategy).
In post 325, Auro wrote:Do you think I would be expecting town points from you, Skitter, Nomnomnom and GuiltyLion by saying "Sure yeah I can stay off wagon"? Do you think I think that has any payoff for me?
In post 327, Auro wrote:Hell, actually, good thought.

Skitter/GuiltyLion, are you both individually fine with being offwagon? I absolutely am.
Here's where you were saying you're fine being off wagon, and asking Skit/myself whether we'd be okay with that as well. When you asked me that, my thought process was roughly as follows:
1) ultimately I am okay with being in an investigative pool because I'm town
2) However, that's not strictly ideal because if hypothetically I were to be copped it's a waste of a cop shot compared to a world where everyone universally townread me and we used said shot on another slot that would both help me form more accurate reads and actually have a chance at getting a guilty
3) If I demand to be on-wagon because of point 2), it's probably going to just lead to more people scumreading me (also not ideal), is going to make Auro and anyone else who currently suspects me less likely to want to lynch who I want to lynch, and frankly I just don't wanna deal with that potential shitstorm, I think we can win this off of good day play even if a cop shot is hypothetically 'wasted' on me D1

So like, I'm fine with Eve asking this question:
In post 358, Eve wrote:Auro why are you volunteering to be off the wagon when you know you're town?
because I imagine she's operating from many of the same thoughts as I had in point 2), and pushing you on that front. I don't see this as a scummy question.

To which Molla immediately jumps in:
In post 360, BBmolla wrote:
In post 358, Eve wrote:Auro why are you volunteering to be off the wagon when you know you're town?
He could then be confirmed town by the Traffic Analyst

?
which feels like he's kinda
a) not really engaging with any of the thought processes in my point 2, very surface level answer to this question
and
b) answering a question directed at somebody at somebody else, which is always a no-no and a technique scum sometimes employ to have easy avenues to engage with the thread and also earn towncred by buddying townies by defending them.

so Eve then voting him after that also makes sense to me, completely. I don't see a reason to favor a scum!Eve explanation for her question and subsequent vote there when it's so readily available to me to imagine a town one.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 659, skitter30 wrote:
In post 619, GuiltyLion wrote:as for one reason why I'm scumreading you, it's pretty bad townplay to vanity vote me here instead of actually taking stances on either of the L-2 or L-3 wagons and I expect better from you for that. scum!skitter last time I played with her similarly ended the first day not being or discussing either of the major wagons of the day
I've given stances on both of them, thank you
also which game was that?
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=81510

you gave a stance on Eve previously but you really hadn't said anything of substance about Allo in a long time, you were suspicion of him but then reversed that read to 'maybe he's town' because I voted him. which I called out as bad logic and you never really followed up with any further Allo updates since then. Not entirely your fault, Allo hasn't
done anything
since then
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 684, Auro wrote:We have like six days left nom, from the first Votecount
I somehow read we had one day left rofl
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 670, skitter30 wrote:auro's pretty townread right now but you keep pulling up this notion of being paranoid of him and/or expecting him to read you better when you've kinda acknowledged . you have these unreasonable expectations of how he ought to be reading you and when he doesn't live up to them, you say you can't townread him. it feels like a way for you to keep him at arm's length and allowing you to not townread him.
idk why this is more likely to come from town!you than scum!you

i was actually going to call you out on complaining about my eve read when it's kinda similar to your own but i just went through my own iso and i don't see the post i thought i wrote so maybe it never made it into the thread
but basically, i think that she's scummy on the face of it but there's a few things that point to town, so i'm not particularly interested there right now:
1. her opener wrt the traffic analyst probably just doesn't come from scum, i don't think scum are that brazen usually
2. calling out auro for him being willing to be off-wagon when from his pov he knows he's town
3. and just her whole shtick i have a hard time seeing scum play that way the whole game

i'm still kinda trying to work on getting a definitive read on allo but he's ignored my last few posts
I will say

this post is the first post that kinda rings town!Skitter for me

as for the first point regarding Auro - yeah, it's hard for me to fully townread people when they spend most of the game discrediting/ignoring my scumreads and saying I'm scum! that's normal, is it not? Especially when I do try to engage with that player in good faith and answer as many questions they ask of me as much as I reasonably can and it never seems to make any headway with them.

as for why I am kinda thinking it's town - I'm not sure if scum!Skitter says she was going to call me out for ignoring an explanation but then realizes she didn't actually ever post it, that's a bit hard for scum to think of or naturally fake. I think scum would kinda just acknowledge that they hadn't posted it yet, not make up an extra lie about originally going to call me out
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by Auro »

Except there's been tons of discussion on the strategy and it should already be easy to see why I volunteer.

Molla answered it because it's a question that's already been answered before, even if his perceived reason is "surfacey". That is not a "defense of Auro" :lol:, and lack of depth in Molla's thoughts is not AI for him (I am sure of this; please check any of his towngames if you think I'm wrong)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

again, I am not trying to say MOLLA IS SCUM FOR THIS, I am trying to explain to you why I feel town vibes from Eve

there's more to respond to Skitter but this is all I got for now, it's midnight
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

and it literally is a defense of you, for whatever reason Eve wanted YOU to answer that question. Not Molla
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:07 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 689, GuiltyLion wrote:when they spend most of the game discrediting/ignoring my scumreads and saying I'm scum! that's normal, is it not?
I have townread people pushing me many times: if their reasoning on me is legitimate and I don't see bad faith, I evaluate them on different parameters.
GuiltyLion wrote:and it literally is a defense of you, for whatever reason Eve wanted YOU to answer that question. Not Molla
He didn't say I was town, he didn't say the question sucked, he just offered the reason he understood from what was already discussed many times in thread.

Firstly, it's a huge stretch to guess an intent of "let me defend Auro by saying this and gain towncred!". If we're scum together there's no reason to have to defend me; and "easy avenues to engage with the thread" can literally apply to anything! Even considering this as "towncred noise" it makes sense if his noise to signal ratio is skewed, but that is not the case - shoving him to the scumpile from just that one post is :?:
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:45 am

Post by Karnage »

christ there's a lot to catch up on
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:47 am

Post by Karnage »

re: allo

calling him town was inaccurate. my 453 better reflects my view
In post 453, Karnage wrote:looked back through allo's ISO and while it doesn't scream town it doesn't scream scum either. There's a better lynch out there I think
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:32 am

Post by acryon »

Oh boy this was a lot to catch up on...I did skim some things. First some reactions, then a post in a bit with summary thoughts.

Re: Allo
In post 495, skitter30 wrote:
In post 482, Allomancer wrote:I don't like Saurasaurus Rex's posts. I think Eve's shifted a bit scummier with her vote on BBmolla. I feel like you're getting a bit townier, but I still scumread you.
allo why exactly are you scumreading acryon?
i'm actually kinda surprised that you're still voting acryon and not voting eve tbh?
Yeah this pinged me a bit. His best vote is on someone who is “getting a bit townier”?
In post 527, Allomancer wrote:
In post 524, GuiltyLion wrote:he feels really earnest with the "let's not Lynch anyone yet guys" and "TLDNE misrepped me and is certain mafia" takes. There's no self-consciousness in his ISO at all. I don't agree with most if not all of what he's said but I do feel that he believes in it.
"Let's not lynch anyone yet" seems like a very easily faked towntell. It felt like an easy way to make a noncontroversial statement by agreeing with the sentiment of the town, but also not take any responsibility for the wagon. And I view the second thing as scum trying to come up with an easy excuse to push somebody.
This is easily the best post I’ve seen from Allo yet.
In post 595, skitter30 wrote:allo, again, why are you still voting acryon?
I will say that it feels unlike scum to ignore people’s questions on multiple occasions.

Other Comment
In post 486, skitter30 wrote:
In post 378, acryon wrote:I was already cooling on Eve and this recent stretch hasn't helped.
i actually thought the recent stretch was fine, for once
Interesting. What about it did you like?
In post 567, Auro wrote:The TA has to play cleverly. I think even if they get a guilty, they don't out it immediately but just crumb it. But thoughts on these are a little unformed, this is also something to discuss.
I’m not sure I totally agree here, but if they do, they better REALLY crumb it.
In post 607, Auro wrote:I don't feel good about GuiltyLion, if I haven't said that in my walls to him :P
The walls between you two did not feel like TvT. I’m not sure which side is which though.
In post 637, nomnomnom wrote:Having a hard time staying engaged in a game with massive walls, let me be real here.
Ditto.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:36 am

Post by Auro »

In post 696, acryon wrote:The walls between you two did not feel like TvT
Could totes be TvT
northsidegal
northsidegal