EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:33 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

:roll: Auro do you have any reads at all?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:34 am

In post 174, Auro wrote:Townreads on farside, EspeciallyTheLies, Miss Lynch, Vecna.

Alchemist you wanna try and explain what feels off in Vecna's tone? I find certain elements almost exactly matching his play in the last game I've seen him town in, like somewhat exaggerated reasoning to townread someone early.

This wasn't the approach I thought I would see people would take in the game though, considering it's basically a bastard cult game.
Nevermind, missed this post in the page flip. Why did it take you so long? Can you expand on your townreads on literally everyone who posted more than twice?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:34 am

In post 174, Auro wrote:Townreads on farside, EspeciallyTheLies, Miss Lynch, Vecna.

Alchemist you wanna try and explain what feels off in Vecna's tone? I find certain elements almost exactly matching his play in the last game I've seen him town in, like somewhat exaggerated reasoning to townread someone early.

This wasn't the approach I thought I would see people would take in the game though, considering it's basically a bastard cult game.
Nevermind, missed this post in the page flip. Why did it take you so long? Can you expand on your townreads on literally everyone who posted more than twice?
Art is cool.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:36 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I did the best I could when Farside asked.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Auro »

Because I'm actually binging on a bunch of TV shows, don't want to expend much mental energy right now?

Sure: I've played with Miss Lynch before, skimmed her scum meta, and I believe this level of early conviction and emotion in a push is town indicative.
EspeciallyALiar for involvement, progressing the game, and pushing me when I was "buddying up" to the slot.
Vecna because he's my mason buddy.
farside for involvement, progressing the game, and familiar meta from a recent game.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Auro »

In post 138, Alchemist21 wrote:I’m not really sure how to explain it better. It just comes off as awkward and he was a little pockety towards Nero. I’m not confident on the read but I think it’s a better vote than anyone else so far.
Oh well I wasn't reading properly anyway, sorry :P
I see. The pockety feelz is something he's done as town. For example,
In post 3269, Vecna wrote:Holy fuck.

How can ANYONE be fucking scumreading this slot?

Pearl after pearl of brilliant, solid town logic, genuine analysis.
Reeaaally got paranoid a bit of pocketing there, but yeah
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:49 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 44, Miss Lane wrote:
In post 36, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Come on yall. I'm so scummy for asking a legit question? :lol: This is what mafia is all about. Bring it on, and then in a few days we can watch the actual scum fumble around for an explanation about it. ;)
It is specifically
not
asking the question that is scummy. This is not even close to an accurate representation of my stance on you, and the fourth post you've made this game that reeks of dishonesty.
Can't believe I'm only on about page 2 of a catchup/read-in and need to look back. Spicy.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:50 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 49, EspeciallyTheLies wrote: Because the goddamn rules say don't ask questions about a myriad of things???
Another thing I need to read again slowly.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:52 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 39, Auro wrote:
In post 30, Vecna wrote:Or, you know, we can just be coronabuddies
Wouldn't infecting each other mean we are then coronabuddies
Nero Cain wrote:What if ETL/Miss Lynch is just TvT and scum Vecna is sitting back and just trying to encourage it? was p odd.
Vecna/Nero Cain TvT and I encourage it!
Auro: im still wanting an explanation about you town read here.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 1 VC #8

Auro (1): EspeciallyTheLies ()
Hoctac (2): Vecna (), farside22 ()
5G Tower (1): No łynch ()
Vecna (2): Nero Cain (), Alchemist21 ()
No łynch (1): Auro ()
Alchemist21 (0):
farside22 (0):
EspeciallyTheLies (2): Miss Lynch (), Tchill13 ()
mastina (0):
Miss Lynch (0):
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (12): momo, 5G Tower, Jake the Wolfie, Odelschwanck, Allan90, Elements, Flavor Leaf, davesaz, 50 Judge Powers, mastina, Saudade, Hoctac ()

With 21 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 19, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-19 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity except on Saturday-Monday.

Please do not post if you have not confirmed yet.

No lynch is an option. To ensure no confusion occurs between not lynching and lynching No łynch, you absolutely MUST spell "No łynch" exactly like that with the special character.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Tue May 05, 2020 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:54 am

In post 180, Auro wrote:Because I'm actually binging on a bunch of TV shows, don't want to expend much mental energy right now?

Sure: I've played with Miss Lynch before, skimmed her scum meta, and I believe this level of early conviction and emotion in a push is town indicative.
EspeciallyALiar for involvement, progressing the game, and pushing me when I was "buddying up" to the slot.
farside for involvement, progressing the game, and familiar meta from a recent game.
hmmmk. thanks.

VOTE: hoctac
Art is cool.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Miss Lane »

Anyone else uncomfortable w/ the random posts being reserved for later?
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Auro »

@farside: that was sort of a contentless joke; when Nero accused Vecna of being scum sitting back and encourage it, I joked that he and Vecna are TvT and I'm explicitly sitting back encouraging it.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 188, Auro wrote:@farside: that was sort of a contentless joke; when Nero accused Vecna of being scum sitting back and encourage it, I joked that he and Vecna are TvT and I'm explicitly sitting back encouraging it.
I laughed.
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 189, Miss Lane wrote:
In post 188, Auro wrote:@farside: that was sort of a contentless joke; when Nero accused Vecna of being scum sitting back and encourage it, I joked that he and Vecna are TvT and I'm explicitly sitting back encouraging it.
I laughed.
If it makes you feel any better.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:57 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 171, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 151, farside22 wrote:
In post 142, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 140, farside22 wrote:I have no clue how you get hesitant to take a side when I said I see you both as town.
y r they both town?
ML read like she really thought she caught scum. She was pushing on EtL to get to see what he did. She actively pushed her point and I don't see that coming from scum.
EtL is more of a gut read from the interaction. I get the buzzwords looking scummy because I have thought that in the past when someone uses ms lingo to create a case.
They just both read as though they both are right about what they are saying and neither one looks like they were hiding or taking time to say what there thoughts were.

I don't see too many times scum being reactionary this early.
i dont believe this is a town tell. The way they went about handling their specific side is what has me interested in pushing ETL.
Huh well its typically how I see it and so far its been doing me well.
In post 187, Miss Lane wrote:Anyone else uncomfortable w/ the random posts being reserved for later?
I just thought it was reserved for future vote counts.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Auro »

Well, that's the goal ;)

Join me on No łynch?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 7:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Oooo wait nix that thought, just iso the mod and he has a vote count inbetween post.
That's weird
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 193, farside22 wrote:Oooo wait nix that thought, just iso the mod and he has a vote count inbetween post.
That's weird
Exactly.

Also maybe doesn't matter but the title for the most recent vote count is very different from the title for the last vote counts.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 8:01 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 68, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:It's probably been at least 3 or 4 years since I was playing consistently, but I've played at least 2 or 3 games a year since, on and off, all Newbies.
Pretty sure we've played together more recently than that, but confirm you've been largely dormant for quite a while.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 129, Covid 19 wrote:
Day 1 VC #6

Auro (1): Vecna ()
Vecna (2): Nero Cain (), EspeciallyTheLies (), Alchemist21 ()
No łynch (1): Auro ()
Alchemist21 (1): farside22 ()
farside22 (0):
EspeciallyTheLies (1): Miss Lynch ()
mastina (0):
Miss Lynch (0):
Not Voting (14): momo, Hoctac, 5G Tower, Jake the Wolfie, Odelschwanck, Allan90, No łynch, Elements, Flavor Leaf, davesaz, 50 Judge Powers, mastina, Tchill13, Saudade

With 21 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 19, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-19 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity except on Saturday-Monday.

3. I will be using a combination of automated votecounts and manually doing them. This allows me to update the voting history and spot any errors in the automated votecounts. The manual votecounts will possess a slightly different format and will include post numbers in parenthesis rather than post count.

No lynch is an option. To ensure no confusion occurs between not lynching and lynching No łynch, you absolutely MUST spell "No łynch" exactly like that with the special character.
In post 185, Covid 19 wrote:
Votecount 1.8

Hoctac(3)
~ (29), (16), (42)

Vecna(2)
~ (17), (6)
EspeciallyTheLies(2)
~ (28), (5)
No łynch(1)
~ (15)
5G Tower(1)
~ (5)

Not Voting (12): momo(0), (5), 5G Tower(0), Jake the Wolfie(0), Odelschwanck(0), Allan90(0), Elements(1), Flavor Leaf(3), davesaz(2), 50 Judge Powers(0), mastina(0), Saudade(0)

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-19 13:00:00)

MOD REMINDERS1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.

3. I will be using a combination of automated votecounts and manually doing them. This allows me to update the voting history and spot any errors in the automated votecounts. The manual votecounts will possess a slightly different format and will include post numbers in parenthesis rather than post count.

FLAVORThis is an automated vote count generated by a tool written by MathBlade. It goes much smoother with exact votes but will try to detect bold votes and misspellings. If you have issues during this beta, please get MathBlade.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Auro »

Different heads of a mod hydra?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 8:05 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 169, Tchill13 wrote:Farside seems alright, pretty even in the approach of the game atm.

Auro is meh lean scum. Little too much posts with little to no game comments for my liking this early.
In post 173, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 161, Tchill13 wrote:ETL do you think ML as scum would be willing to grab the spot light and tunnel you on a semi absurd reason? do you consider that good scum play this early?
No. She's probably town.
In post 164, Auro wrote:
In post 111, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:auro - seems scummy b/c contentless posts. FIVE contentless posts.
Make it 8 now!

@Miss Lynch: I watched Community years ago, it's one of my FAVORITE shows! Sadly it's not on Netflix in India right now for another rewatch. :(
VOTE: Auro
In post 186, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 180, Auro wrote:Because I'm actually binging on a bunch of TV shows, don't want to expend much mental energy right now?

hmmmk. thanks.

VOTE: hoctac
that didnt last long.

I find it odd you immediately vote the guy I was shading then back off after a pretty quick resolution when you've already showed you can play with some real conviction.

pretty easy to come out from your suspicion it seems ETL.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Tchill13 »

good answer imo.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”