Newbie 2003: Earth [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:55 am

Post by Datisi »

Official Vote Count 1.02

With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Lynching
enomis
(1): DkKoba
Clemency
(1): enomis
DkKoba
(1): midwaybear
Maduisha
(1): Apogee
midwaybear
(1): Ydrasse

Not Voting
(4): RandaAlzifahri, Lij00, Clemency, Maduisha

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-05-15 10:45:00).

Mod notes:
  • RandaAlzifahri and Lij00 have (expired on 2020-05-06 12:30:56) to confirm their role before I start looking for replacements.
[/area]
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:57 am

Post by enomis »

@Datsi:

Was I hallucinating or was your avatar blue in colour before.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:59 am

Post by midwaybear »

Yeah, it was in a different color tone before. I think it was blue and green.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:00 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 76, enomis wrote:
@Datsi:

Was I hallucinating or was your avatar blue in colour before.
You were not hallucinating, it was different. Monochromatic avatars like these are the newest fad. I don't know how long I'll keep it, though.

Also my name is Datisi. :)
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:04 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 74, enomis wrote:Huh? Then which part was made up.
when i started going after dkkoba
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:01 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 75, Datisi wrote:
Official Vote Count 1.02

With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Lynching
enomis
(1): DkKoba
Clemency
(1): enomis
DkKoba
(1): midwaybear
Maduisha
(1): Apogee
midwaybear
(1): Ydrasse

Not Voting
(4): RandaAlzifahri, Lij00, Clemency, Maduisha

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-05-15 10:45:00).

Mod notes:
  • RandaAlzifahri and Lij00 have (expired on 2020-05-06 12:30:56) to confirm their role before I start looking for replacements.
[/area]
clemency is town
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Apogee »

Spoiler: Enomis Post 65
In post 65, enomis wrote:
Spoiler: Apogee post 64
In post 64, Apogee wrote:I've been reading back through the thread, and although I don't feel I have solid reads a few things stood out.

I just keep thinking about the pretty quick 3 person wagon on Enomis that then Clemency withdrew from. Clemency's withdrawal could be a scum move to not be seen as wagoning too hard too early? But I'm not sure it really makes more sense for him to withdraw as a maf than as a town who just didn't want a big push yet. Feel like I still need to see more to make a firm guess on the individual players involved, but either way something with the whole early votes for Enomis feels weird.

Obviously want to see the other 2 players/their replacements. Although it could be a time zone or schedule thing I would like to hear more from Maduisha, who contributed very quickly to that above wagon, answered one question, and hasn't posted since. Again, I don't have scumreads on anyone but think there is something to this situation.

I'll probably not be on much longer tonight but will take another read tomorrow morning.
I think you are thinking too much into the wagon. Clemency and Maduisha votes were RVS. DkKoba pushed the wagon because he thought I was scummy. What was weird for you about this wagon?

Yeah, I'm probably thinking too much about it but the specific part that I'm hung up on is DkKoba joining it, Clemency almost immediately leaving it, and them then arguing about that move for a page. Feels like someone there has a deeper motive? I'm not really sure how to take Clemency's recent claim that they were just testing a strategy with the whole DkKoba argument.

------------------

In other areas, I have a mild suspicion on midwaybear. Feels like they are posting just enough to avoid looking like they aren't posting but they haven't offered many opinions. The slightly weird backtrack between posts 58 and 60 on the townblocks has me as well. "what is a scumblock anyways?" doesn't read super genuine to me.

I'll move my vote to VOTE: midwaybear for now.

------------------
In post 80, DkKoba wrote: clemency is town
Want to elaborate? Saw your post while typing mine up and I'd love to hear the reasoning.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Datisi »

Looking for replacements for RandaAlzifahri and Lij00.
~M
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:34 am

Post by midwaybear »

It's something DK does. pretty normal for DK, so I'm not too concerned about it
@Apogee I don't know why you are commenting on my supposed lack of opinions when we don't even have everyone here yet. Your thoughts about my townblock comments seem to be more off of gut than logic, so yeah.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Datisi »

joqiza replaces RandaAlzifahri, awaiting confirmation.
~M
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:27 am

Post by joqiza »

test
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:27 am

Post by joqiza »

oops, sorry didn't think i would actually post lol
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:31 am

Post by joqiza »

Um, hopefully, I'm not breaking any rules by posting already. I've confirmed so I think I'm allowed to but it's my first forum game on Mafiascum, so. I do have some experience with forum games, but on the site epicmafia dot com where I've played with DkKoba. Looking forward to the game.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:36 am

Post by DkKoba »

JOQIZA LMAO HI
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Maduisha »

Welcome to the game! We only need one more replacement and we're ready to fully play the game. As you can see, there aren't many posts, so hopefully you'll catch up and give us some insight of what you think soon.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:47 am

Post by joqiza »

Lmfao hi Dk :D

And yeah, will catch up in a couple hours and let you know my thoughts. Or maybe sooner although I'm technically supposed to be working right now >__>
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:56 am

Post by DkKoba »

also didnt mean to quote but ya, clemency towntold and I'm not lynching them today. Theres another slot im interested in rn and I'm gonna start pushing on them soon
retired
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Clemency »

i did?
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 7:10 am

Post by midwaybear »

hmm
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 91, DkKoba wrote:Theres another slot im interested in rn and I'm gonna start pushing on them soon
I'm sorry if answering this sort of ruins some aspect of the push you had planned, but why announce it like this? So far I find your content to be pretty towny, but this pinged me a bit because in my experience, people that post about how they're going to do things later are usually scum.

I get that you might not have the time to do it right now, but I want to understand the purpose of announcing the push beforehand.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 7:37 am

Post by DkKoba »

Oh no its not about the time but the announcement allows me to get a reaction from the slot I want to push :)
retired
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Maduisha »

Ah, gotcha... I hope I didn't ruin the momentum for that, but I feel like I might have.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 9:05 am

Post by DkKoba »

oh no you didn't :) VOTE: Maduisha
retired
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Maduisha »

That's fun, I guess. I get bored easily when I'm not the protagonist.

May I ask what's on your mind?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 10:49 am

Post by joqiza »

Alright, I've reread and I'm ready to play. I'm still getting used to the new interface here, so going to apologize in advance for badly formatted posts.

I usually hardpush one player at a time, but tbh this game seems a bit slower-paced than what I'm used to, so I'm gonna try to get a couple balls rolling at once.

First, I don't think clemency scumslipped. I followed the logic, but it's a huge reach. I often address players who's alignment I'm not sure of as though they are town, I just intuitively like giving people the benefit of the doubt. In general, I'm hesitant to try to determine someone's alignment based on individual lines. This is a lesson I've learned recently, but these sorts of "slips" don't end up being as alignment-indicative as I used to think, and I'm trying to move towards more holistic assessments of players and slots. With that in mind, I actually think clemency is pretty towny based on the opening pages. Rn I wanna hear from enomis on that.

The second thing is, the most questionable post I saw on re-read was probably #66 by Maduisha. I’m gonna quote some of the lines from that post:
[referring to a TR on clemency]: “this slot stays null for me as I don't find his content to be alignment indicative, but I'm getting slight town vibes from it and I want to see more”
[referring to a TR on Ydrasse]: “Ydrasse looks town for me. I know it's early to say this, but I get a gut feeling from her posts. Maybe it's because we seem to coincide in opinion about stuff right now and I'm being a bit biased.”
[referring to a TR on DkKoba]: “DkKoba seems to really want to get the game moving, which is a good thing, so I'm townleading him right now too.”
It’s kind of wild to me to have three TR’s on page 3 of a forum game, but more than that I find the way the reads are phrased really questionable. There’s a sort of hedging tone w.r.t. each of the three reads and honestly I’ve just seen lines like this from scum players. The one in Ydrasse in particular, the sort of “hivemind” read has always been really weak to me. Like, someone outed the same general read at the same time as you, so you TR them? Idk just feels ingenuine.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”