Newbie 2003: Earth [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Datisi »

Official Vote Count 1.03

With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Lynching
midwaybear
(2): Ydrasse, Apogee
Maduisha
(1): DkKoba
Clemency
(1): enomis
DkKoba
(1): midwaybear

Not Voting
(4): joqiza, Lij00, Clemency, Maduisha

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-05-15 10:45:00).

Mod notes:
  • joqiza is the new RandaAlzifahri.
  • Looking for a replacement for Lij00.
[/area]
Last edited by Datisi on Thu May 07, 2020 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 10:52 am

Post by joqiza »

when I say clemency is towny, I mean lines like “"i prefer taking the path of least resistance" and “"but honestly i just started making shit up.” There's a sort of absolute disregard for being townread and its usually the sign of either a villager or a pretty strong scum player, in my admittedly limited experience
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 10:53 am

Post by joqiza »

Also I’ve looked through the other posts and I have some thoughts but I kind of want to see how things develop first. Like there is just not enough content with only 5 pages to go off of.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 11:50 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 99, joqiza wrote:Alright, I've reread and I'm ready to play. I'm still getting used to the new interface here, so going to apologize in advance for badly formatted posts.

I usually hardpush one player at a time, but tbh this game seems a bit slower-paced than what I'm used to, so I'm gonna try to get a couple balls rolling at once.

First, I don't think clemency scumslipped. I followed the logic, but it's a huge reach. I often address players who's alignment I'm not sure of as though they are town, I just intuitively like giving people the benefit of the doubt. In general, I'm hesitant to try to determine someone's alignment based on individual lines. This is a lesson I've learned recently, but these sorts of "slips" don't end up being as alignment-indicative as I used to think, and I'm trying to move towards more holistic assessments of players and slots. With that in mind, I actually think clemency is pretty towny based on the opening pages. Rn I wanna hear from enomis on that.

The second thing is, the most questionable post I saw on re-read was probably #66 by Maduisha. I’m gonna quote some of the lines from that post:
[referring to a TR on clemency]: “this slot stays null for me as I don't find his content to be alignment indicative, but I'm getting slight town vibes from it and I want to see more”
[referring to a TR on Ydrasse]: “Ydrasse looks town for me. I know it's early to say this, but I get a gut feeling from her posts. Maybe it's because we seem to coincide in opinion about stuff right now and I'm being a bit biased.”
[referring to a TR on DkKoba]: “DkKoba seems to really want to get the game moving, which is a good thing, so I'm townleading him right now too.”
It’s kind of wild to me to have three TR’s on page 3 of a forum game, but more than that I find the way the reads are phrased really questionable. There’s a sort of hedging tone w.r.t. each of the three reads and honestly I’ve just seen lines like this from scum players. The one in Ydrasse in particular, the sort of “hivemind” read has always been really weak to me. Like, someone outed the same general read at the same time as you, so you TR them? Idk just feels ingenuine.
stop stealing my posts and also making them sound better
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 11:50 am

Post by DkKoba »

but yes that is exactly what I saw LOLL was mainly the upvote post on me that prompted it.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by DkKoba »

So - to add onto what joqiza noticed about maidusha. I'd like to know why she pivoted to midway as well. I'm going to go hands off here to get more interaction from around the table but the urge to steamroll is within me so it better be good.
retired
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by midwaybear »

She(maidusha) pivoted to me? I didn’t notice that lol
Time to reread
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by joqiza »

Lmao yeah I probably look like I'm opportunistically jumping on a wagon but it's what I noticed on initial read.

I don't see where she pivoted to bear tho can you link it
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 66, Maduisha wrote:Although I'm also aware of the benefits for scum to create townblocks around them like Midwaybear said, I don't think scum blatantly says "let's build a townblock" and rather tries to get townread by people they're going to townread back as to create the block in a way that feels organic and non-suspicious, since scum cares about appearances.
If you're referring to this it just reads more like a mention than any sort of pivot @Dk, they were actually referring to you here not midway.

Anyway, I'm gonna just wait for more people to post, I don't think I can mine anything else out of this thread for now. Tbh I'm used to the my EpicMafia forum games where we all know each other and we can rack up like 80 pages in a day (Dk can back me up on this) so I figured this was gonna be a bit of a culture clash but I'll try to be patient ^__^
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 108, joqiza wrote:
In post 66, Maduisha wrote:Although I'm also aware of the benefits for scum to create townblocks around them like Midwaybear said, I don't think scum blatantly says "let's build a townblock" and rather tries to get townread by people they're going to townread back as to create the block in a way that feels organic and non-suspicious, since scum cares about appearances.
If you're referring to this it just reads more like a mention than any sort of pivot @Dk, they were actually referring to you here not midway.

Anyway, I'm gonna just wait for more people to post, I don't think I can mine anything else out of this thread for now. Tbh I'm used to the my EpicMafia forum games where we all know each other and we can rack up like 80 pages in a day (Dk can back me up on this) so I figured this was gonna be a bit of a culture clash but I'll try to be patient ^__^
my brain mixed up apogee and mai lmao. please disregard that point, my brain thought it was part of it too. overall the tr on me seemed unnatural to me which is what was my MAIN trigger for wanting to push mai.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also as a note: joqiza's early game is never explicitly apparent in either direction, he usually alignment tells much more mid-late game. at least judging on the one game I've hosted with him. His strong start however is more townquiza tho, fwiw.

just dropping this as a note in case needed for a future date and I'm not around.
retired
Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Apogee »

Spoiler: DkKoba Post 105 and 109
In post 105, DkKoba wrote:So - to add onto what joqiza noticed about maidusha. I'd like to know why she pivoted to midway as well. I'm going to go hands off here to get more interaction from around the table but the urge to steamroll is within me so it better be good.
In post 109, DkKoba wrote:
In post 108, joqiza wrote:

my brain mixed up apogee and mai lmao. please disregard that point, my brain thought it was part of it too. overall the tr on me seemed unnatural to me which is what was my MAIN trigger for wanting to push mai.

I feel like I should clean up my reasons for moving onto midwaybear then cause its apparently caused a little confusion. It was not a particularly deep move and much more interesting (and seemingly well thought out) accusations have flown since then, but I felt moving onto even a (quite) tenuous scumread made sense as other people moved out of RVS. Still not super comfortable with all of his posts but I'm not going to heavily push either at this point
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

hi, i've reread now that i'm sitting down and off of work. this thread got even more epicmafia-y and i feel like i'm back in 2016 again.
In post 83, midwaybear wrote:It's something DK does. pretty normal for DK, so I'm not too concerned about it
@Apogee I don't know why you are commenting on my supposed lack of opinions when we don't even have everyone here yet. Your thoughts about my townblock comments seem to be more off of gut than logic, so yeah.
i don't want to let this get overlooked. while we haven't heard from anyone yet, would you like to give some opinions/point out ones you think are prudent for the town? while it's an incomplete puzzle without everyone here, it feels almost like an excuse to say this and makes you look a bit cagey/defensive. the only read i can find in your iso that's really opinionated is clemency seeming scummy.

-

UNVOTE: midwaybear
VOTE: enomis
i'd like to see more from enomis. i feel that looking over their iso there are a lot of questions that are asked but... overall, when i read it it feels a bit like they're not interacting and engaging as much as they could versus asking questions to feign looking invested, if that makes sense. specifically, posts 20, 63, 69, and 74.

there aren't many posts yet, granted, but it goes from the scumslip to having a scum lean on clemency. which in conjunction with their post prior...
In post 63, enomis wrote:
Spoiler: Clemency post 35
In post 35, Clemency wrote:i think it doesnt have enough merit to warrant an answer and frankly it hurts my feelings

If this is true I apologize. It was a good way to kick off the game from RVS. Also, the slip could be true.

Spoiler: DkKoba Post 57
In post 57, DkKoba wrote:Something I found that I didn't like about emonis' questions is:

1) yeah thats fairly obvious
2) this one is the big one, it looks to be reaction fishing for roles to get people to act more of a certain way.(again this post only prompted me to want to push on emonis, not actually scumread him, I am not shading him for this, merely throwing out a theory that I based my push on)
3) fairly useless but also NAI and reasonable to say but also can be interpreted as extra filler.

Which question are you referring to?

Also, do you think me or clemency is more scummy right now?

Lastly, in your experience, is there alot of scums who farm "town points" by mech posting?
----------------------------------------------------------

I don't think townblock is a good thing to create purposefully . I feel that it makes people not want to change their townread(Stuck in their town read) and make people defend their townreads more than they should.
In post 65, enomis wrote:Publishing my reads so far:
Apogee
- Town Lean. Feels like genuinely scumhunting and using terms like "wolf" which sometimes newb town uses because they are not used to calling scums "mafia".

Clemency
- Scum Lean. For the scumslip and a few other stuff which i don't like.
Also:
In post 24, Clemency wrote:statistically speaking everyone is town until proven otherwise
Feels like a convoluted way to explain the slip. I don't know, probably NAI.
Then:
In post 30, Clemency wrote:UNVOTE:
i think other slots are higher priority to push rn
i'd pick one if i wasnt walking home atm
But went ahead to post a few posts without pushing anyone.

My vote stays on Clemency until I find someone else scummier.
@Clemency: I would like to see your push on someone else.

-----------------------------------

Spoiler: Apogee post 64
In post 64, Apogee wrote:I've been reading back through the thread, and although I don't feel I have solid reads a few things stood out.

I just keep thinking about the pretty quick 3 person wagon on Enomis that then Clemency withdrew from. Clemency's withdrawal could be a scum move to not be seen as wagoning too hard too early? But I'm not sure it really makes more sense for him to withdraw as a maf than as a town who just didn't want a big push yet. Feel like I still need to see more to make a firm guess on the individual players involved, but either way something with the whole early votes for Enomis feels weird.

Obviously want to see the other 2 players/their replacements. Although it could be a time zone or schedule thing I would like to hear more from Maduisha, who contributed very quickly to that above wagon, answered one question, and hasn't posted since. Again, I don't have scumreads on anyone but think there is something to this situation.

I'll probably not be on much longer tonight but will take another read tomorrow morning.

I think you are thinking too much into the wagon. Clemency and Maduisha votes were RVS. DkKoba pushed the wagon because he thought I was scummy. What was weird for you about this wagon?

But yes, we need to hear more from Maduisha.
just feels a bit antsy, if anything? asking who is scummier then seguing into the read on clemency. i'm unsure if the things that enomis didn't like were the two quoted here or more, so i'd really like to hear them! it just felt sort of off when i read the iso as a whole.

also for what it's worth i think it's not a particular tell one way or another if someone uses vocabulary like wolf versus mafia; i do agree that apogee seems very willing to communicate their thought processes thus far which feels good, but i don't know where the second bit comes into play.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by midwaybear »

does anyone know what a GTKAS is?
Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Apogee »

Just looked it up on the wiki -- Get To Know A Scummer.
Apparently like a personal question/interview thread to learn about people on this forum.
Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Apogee »

I'd imagine the SE players have better first hand experience
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by DkKoba »

quickly gonna un-derail thread so we can get back to game related talk:

GTKAS is in the "hidden" section of the site that requires manual approval after you have a certain number of posts etc. I'm sure a site mod can help better explain this.

But its supposed to be a thing where people are nominated to be asked questions by the site so the community can get to know them better.
Getting access to the speakeasy(a private forum as well) will grant you acccess to this. You can request access within your user control panel. Usually mods post info about it at the end of newbie game threads too iirc.

and we can now go back to the game on hand.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by DkKoba »

responding to ydrasse in
I understand your want to keep pushing enomis but I think mai is a better push right now.
Although I will hop onto enomis as they are a scumlean atm as well.
retired
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by enomis »

@Datisi: Sorry for the mispronunciation of your username. I think changing avatar color everyone in a while is quite nice though. Maybe I should change my charmander to blue color or something. :D

@Clemency:
Since this is not made up. Could you do your push? What exactly do you mean by push here?

@DkKoba:

Reminder: Could you address my questions in post 63
Also an additional question, what made you not want to push my wagon anymore?

@Joqiza:

What's the meaning of Rn? I will explain my thought process about clemency in another post.

p-edit. Ok You answered my additional question, but could address my post 63 please.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 112, Ydrasse wrote: i'd like to see more from enomis. i feel that looking over their iso there are a lot of questions that are asked but... overall, when i read it it feels a bit like they're not interacting and engaging as much as they could versus asking questions to feign looking invested, if that makes sense. specifically, posts 20, 63, 69, and 74.
Not sure if I understand here. But how would a "town enomis" react? Do you think my questions were feigned?(Meaning I asked those questions not because I want to know the answer to them but just to act invested).
In post 112, Ydrasse wrote: just feels a bit antsy, if anything? asking who is scummier then seguing into the read on clemency. i'm unsure if the things that enomis didn't like were the two quoted here or more, so i'd really like to hear them! it just felt sort of off when i read the iso as a whole.
I responded to DkKoba, then thought it would be a good time to give my reads and overview of the game so far. That was my thought process then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also My whole thought process regarding Clemency since it seems that everyone is interested:

1) I saw the possible Scumslip, thought it would be a good way to kick us off RVS and wanted to see if there is anything I can get out of the reaction of everyone.
2) Then Clemency posted this:
In post 24, Clemency wrote:statistically speaking everyone is town until proven otherwise
Which seems a weird and complicated way to explain the slip.
3) Then:
This post and his following few posts just pinged me hard. Saying that he will push another slot but not doing it in the next few posts makes me feel that his statement is not genuine and not really what he thinks.
4) Then comes:
In post 68, Clemency wrote:eh, im gonna blatantly backpedal by admitting i was trying a different style and it didnt suit me
Which sort of made his post 30 makes sense if he was trying some different style. So I went on to question him.
5)
In post 73, Clemency wrote:oh that part was honest
So he is saying his post 30 is genuine but it doesn't really look that way.
6)
I also understand Joqiza and DkKoba put Clemency as town as town tend to make this kind of gambit more than scum as scum would be more careful generally.
But it could be scum Clemency trying this new playstyle because he thinks it will make him look more town if he is less on the backseat.

Abit conflicted here.
---------------------

Writing down my thoughts actually make my thoughts clearer.
@Clemency:

Extra question, what made you want to try this new playstyle this game especially? Did the criticism of you come in the last few games?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by DkKoba »

what was your question. if you want me to respond to direct questions I need them in a separate post bc I'm a skimmer not a reader.
retired
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 120, DkKoba wrote:what was your question. if you want me to respond to direct questions I need them in a separate post bc I'm a skimmer not a reader.
..... You just have to click the link to my previous post in post 63.
I am abit annoyed at your attitude.

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by enomis »

I mean just go to post 63. You can click the link linked in post#118.

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 63, enomis wrote:
Spoiler: Clemency post 35
In post 35, Clemency wrote:i think it doesnt have enough merit to warrant an answer and frankly it hurts my feelings

If this is true I apologize. It was a good way to kick off the game from RVS. Also, the slip could be true.

Spoiler: DkKoba Post 57
In post 57, DkKoba wrote:Something I found that I didn't like about emonis' questions is:

1) yeah thats fairly obvious
2) this one is the big one, it looks to be reaction fishing for roles to get people to act more of a certain way.(again this post only prompted me to want to push on emonis, not actually scumread him, I am not shading him for this, merely throwing out a theory that I based my push on)
3) fairly useless but also NAI and reasonable to say but also can be interpreted as extra filler.

Which question are you referring to?

Also, do you think me or clemency is more scummy right now?

Lastly, in your experience, is there alot of scums who farm "town points" by mech posting?
----------------------------------------------------------

I don't think townblock is a good thing to create purposefully . I feel that it makes people not want to change their townread(Stuck in their town read) and make people defend their townreads more than they should.
1) didnt mean questions, meant the tips
2) ur more scummy. I think clemency has more or less townslipped with their tone as of rn.
3) yes yes yes. it more depends ~how~ its done but I did not like how you presented your "tips" and the content of them.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i stopped pushing ur wagon bc no one was convinced by it and i'm looking for information over anything so i'm not here to bang my head against the wall.
retired

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”