Newbie 2003: Earth [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I did not put you at L-1 because of the "scumread" thing. I did so because you are resorting to AtE over being helpful. (you know what I mean when I say AtE, right?)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by DkKoba »

yoink post 500 and page top
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 496, Maduisha wrote: Why am I defensive one word: frustration.

Tell me you're not going to disregard my posts D2 if I make it. I'd rather get over it already. Also I asked for a read list, what are your townreads? I wanted to know more of what you think, not just what you find scummy.
alright, in that case channel that frustration into something productive right now rather than lashing out and blaming everyone.

i'm not going to disregard your posts on d2 if you make it; that'd be stupid. however, i am focused on d1 right now given that is where we are at and i have only your d1 content to work with.

i think in this case it makes an infinite amount of sense to ask what you think, given the circumstances. if you are town, take a deep breath, reread/skim a bit and start finding scum instead of doing this.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by Maduisha »

In post 497, DkKoba wrote:u are frustrating me because ur AtE makes me want to townread u but I am ignoring that bc your actions are not town in this instance where you are just insisting on flopping over and not helping town. I put you at L-1 so you would contribute, not so you would claim and ask to get lynched.
Okay, but what do I contribute with if I recently had a mindset shift and I need to evaluate more content to see a lead that doesn't lead me to bear paranoia again? Honestly, I really don't know where you want me to get the reads from *this instant* and I'm not going to fabricate them just to please you.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by votato »

well feel free to take a few hours from the game. Go sleep or go about your day. Come back, take another look over the thread, and see if you can find anything. No one has said they're about to hammer, and if you want, I'll unvote you for a while to ensure that you have enough time to look over the thread
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I don't understand. I have been in the seat of pressure before as a very aggressive player. I have to lay out my logic for people. It works oftentimes. I just want to know what your logic is. I'm looking for information. Information on your slot mindset in exchange for an unvote. That is all I want. (unless I determine you are indeed scum in which case the vote stays)
retired
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by votato »

actually ill UNVOTE: as a courtesy. Vote goes back tomorrow night if you havent convinced me.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by DkKoba »

votato ur not helping.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by DkKoba »

diffusing useful pressure does not help town at all when there is no intent to hammer declared.
why did you vote them in the first place if when the first sign of legitimate pressure you unvote them.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by DkKoba »

why do u guys stop posting now zzz this is a bad cliffhanger
retired
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by Maduisha »

Alright, well. I'm gonna deliver what would be my townreads and go some PoE on it to offer some clarity as to where I'm at because that's the least thing I can offer.

Townreads:

- DK: because of what I explained previously, I think aggressiveness is a good town indication, not being afraid to use their vote to explore slots. Pretty town behavior + frustration at Enomis makes the towny tone more apparent.
- Midway: I scumread this slot until he proved not to understand what I thought was a wifom strategy.

Townleans:

- Ydrasse: Not higher up because of smaller post count that leaves me wanting to see more, but overall mindmelding with her until she pushed Enomis, which I do not agree with.
- Enomis: I think wanting to get rid of Clemency due to policy lynch is towny mindset *even if Clemency is town*, because I understand the logic behind not wanting an afk slot that shitposts when not afk when lylo comes. Frustration towards DK looks genuine to me.

Nulls:
- Votato: has an aggressively profile just like DK but I'm not seeing towntells from them other than that. Interested in seeing more. I liked that he was like the only person not questioning that I like a wagon on myself at first? So at least he understands the value of it.
- Clemency: his posts are fluff and "omg I posted with my alt account, sorry guys, back to being afk." Aside from that, he has scumread DK and promptly townread them back and promptly disappeared. I see an alarming lack of content from this slot but general disinterest about exploring him, so meh. And when I tried to talk to him last time he went away. I can't read this slot.
- Joqiza: post volume is low but content is dense. His discussion with Apogee helped me see Apogee in a better light, but I'm not sure I'm understanding Joqiza when he accuses me. It feels like I answer him and he forgets what I told him...? I need to see more to get a better idea.
- Apogee: I was feeling bad about this slot because of his vote being accompanied by an explicit lack of commitment, but after reading the Joqiza vs Apogee 1v1, I'm more inclined to believe my initial scumlean was shallow and I need to re-assess his slot.

That's all I've got.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

sorry i was lowkey waiting for votato to reply to your question. i don't think maduisha is gonna reply immediately so i'm not waiting with bated breath for that one.

pedit: oh there we are. and maduisha... please. from that poe. who would you vote? who do you think is most likely to be scum?
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by Maduisha »

Votato, I'm comfortable with you coming back and voting again. I don't really get anything out of your unvote, so don't bother. I feel like an L-1 push will get more opinions out of Enomis/Joqiza/Apogee/Clemency, which is something we all want, so I don't like what you are doing here.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by Maduisha »

In post 511, Ydrasse wrote:sorry i was lowkey waiting for votato to reply to your question. i don't think maduisha is gonna reply immediately so i'm not waiting with bated breath for that one.

pedit: oh there we are. and maduisha... please. from that poe. who would you vote? who do you think is most likely to be scum?
Clemency because erasing misleading slots is protown, but I want to give him a chance to come and react to the truckload of stuff that was posted since he came back the last time. And I understand the same logic applies to me, so that's why I'm not trying to push people away from my wagon even though I'm getting frustrated.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by Maduisha »

I think Apogee said he got around to read me vs Midway but I can't actually remember if he posted his impressions or not. Brb, fact checking.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Maduisha »

Hmm, he only asked Midway if he has reasons to SR me. I think my memory is getting hazy.

Meh, I'll be back later when more people have spoken, because I'm just getting all the thread for myself for hours and that's disruptive on its own.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by votato »

Yeah most of those reads are so wishy washy that they hardly count. You aren't doing much to analyze what people said and come to conclusions. And my unvote wasn't intended to reduce pressure from the wagon, just stress from the possibility of a lol hammer. VOTE: maduisha
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by DkKoba »

votato why are u so confident here
retired
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 8:07 pm

Post by votato »

How should i be?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by DkKoba »

dont deflect. explain your logic better. you have false confidence and I can tell.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by DkKoba »

votato frozen
retired
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by enomis »

Jeez, so many posts. Will take some time later tonight to read through the posts.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 12:04 am

Post by Datisi »

~
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 12:04 am

Post by Datisi »

~
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 12:04 am

Post by Datisi »

~
~M

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”