Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Voted »

I think Miss tunnels him and others sheep.
"Our sample of the population showed that the mental well-being before the pandemic was much greater than during the rampage of covid-19," - Dr. Elisabetta Micelli
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

weren't u more active in the past?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Quick »

In post 2650, Tchill13 wrote:LUL hilarious replace out.

why is that slot scum again? ETL's...
Read my posts to answer your questions.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Auro »

The reaction when you call the AtE bluff.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 2651, Voted wrote:I think Miss tunnels him and others sheep.
lul wut

i stopped voting her early and only started again after the wagon got big
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Miss Lane »

like really recently
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:52 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 2630, Quick wrote:
In post 2629, Miss Lane wrote:can we lynch ETL before the replacement gets here and is some charming silver-tongued devil like hectic
How about no because there are six days left in D1...
Why are you still voting for ETL then?

Nero, do you still think that ETL is scum now that she ragequit?
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

eh........
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

eh.......

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

eh?

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Quick »

In post 2657, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 2630, Quick wrote:
In post 2629, Miss Lane wrote:can we lynch ETL before the replacement gets here and is some charming silver-tongued devil like hectic
How about no because there are six days left in D1...
Why are you still voting for ETL then?

Nero, do you still think that ETL is scum now that she ragequit?
Because there are 5.5 days left in the phase and I want to see how the sub responds to a wagon on them.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Quick »

We can always go back to A50. Still would lynch that.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 10:29 am

Post by mastina »

Okay, as promised: I am here.
I did catch that the ETL wagon is larger than the Ari wagon but critically isn't in hammer range. (I think she's L-3? Somewhere in that range, but definitely not L-1 which means this is definitely not a hammer.)
So, given that:
VOTE: EspeciallyTheLies.
I promised I'd vote whichever of Ari/ETL/Creature had most votes and right now that's ETL. (If you don't want her to be in hammer range, then the impetus to unvote is on you because I refuse to not vote her.)

And as promised, will be replying to the content I read but didn't respond to earlier.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 10:42 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2130, Vecna wrote:I will always keep a moderate level of suspicion on your slot in any game, ever.
Always the appropriate way to approach me to be honest, at least until there's far better reason for me to be town than scum. (Which exists a plenty this game but obviously in general doesn't exist until later into the game.) Healthy level of caution is, well, healthy--so long as you don't succumb to paranoia.
In post 2131, Vecna wrote:Also, you do know that the role claim of no lynch / voted was just trolling right?
Was it? Because I got the distinct impression that was a serious claim of an actual role that there is an incredibly high chance of actually being in the game.
In post 2132, Vecna wrote:Like, if you missed that it was an obvious trolling response to the other troll slots all fakeclaiming shit in quick succesion at that point youre not paying -that much attention- mastina
I was most decidedly paying attention to that section of the game, though I would admit it was long enough ago that I'd need to look back on it to see for myself. But, doing that:
In post 148, Null Vote wrote:I hard claim uninfectable townie.
That being said, can we lynch a town that can be infected today? I am super excited to find out how a "normal" town PM looks like.
This was the claim. Where are the alleged troll slots fakeclaiming in quick succession? Nowhere on that page, page six. Nowhere on the page before, page five. Nowhere on page four. Nowhere on page three. Nowhere on page two. And nowhere on page one.

Where is the alleged fakeclaiming of shit from troll slots in quick succession?

If it happened in this game at all, it happened
after
No Lynch's claim, not before.

So no. It was not an obvious trolling response to other troll slots all fakeclaiming shit in quick succession, and apparently, you were the one not paying that much attention because you are saying that happened when there's literally no posts that were like that; I checked and read every single post in the game prior to No Lynch's post and the closest there was to a fakeclaim troll was Auro's first post saying 'mutate Nero', but that was literally it and Auro is not a troll slot.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 10:48 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2133, Alchemist21 wrote:Why is 5G a Townread?
In post 2125, mastina wrote:though the 5G one as I have stated previously
is
reliant on ETL being scum.
Basically, 5G's content this game is never scum if ETL is scum due to the way 5G treated ETL's slot.

If ETL were to flip town, then 5G wouldn't instantly become confscum, but would drop to null-at-best territory where they are a very real candidate for being lurkerscum.
In post 2148, Voted wrote:How much are Mastinas reads publically acknowledged?
Every game, this one included, regardless of my alignment, the answer is the same regardless:
Not nearly enough.

Doesn't matter if I'm town or scum, doesn't matter if my reads are right or wrong, regardless of game, the answer is always that my reads are not as publicly acknowledged as they
should
be. Because I always give reads on basically every player and almost always give reasoning for said reads on basically every player, so that should
always
be something that the town has discussion material on, and yet often the majority of the town rarely does or if they do only discuss a fraction of the readslist rather than engaging on the entirety of it.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 2665, mastina wrote:Doesn't matter if I'm town or scum, doesn't matter if my reads are right or wrong, regardless of game, the answer is always that my reads are not as publicly acknowledged as they should be. Because I always give reads on basically every player and almost always give reasoning for said reads on basically every player, so that should always be something that the town has discussion material on, and yet often the majority of the town rarely does or if they do only discuss a fraction of the readslist rather than engaging on the entirety of it.
if you say everything there is to be said on a topic then it is quite difficult to have discussion on it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 11:00 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2156, davesaz wrote:Some of the mechanics posting being wrong is part of the reason for the TR. I think more care would be taken if she were scum.
Scum can be wrong about mechanics, either legitimately having made a mistake or deliberately making a 'mistake' to mislead the town (beit misleading the town into thinking it's a townslip, or misleading the town by making them make erroneous readings of the game mechanics). So, no. Scum don't take more care and even if they do they are more than willing to fake having not done so.
In post 2156, davesaz wrote:Show us some posts that you feel are too easy, if they're so easy to see. ;)
You want me to quote her entire iso? Because I can quote just about any given post of hers and explain why it is easy to make. Why don't you randomly quote some of her posts, of your choice, so I can demonstrate it that it's literally basically the entirety of her iso? Not a joke. I can quote just about any post of hers and tell you why it is an easy post to have made and to some extent I've already done this (e.g. why her readslist post was easy to make; I already explained why it was).
In post 2158, davesaz wrote:Quote a post and explain why it's scum motivated. A player of your caliber should have no difficulty doing this. You avoid doing anything like that, to the extent that I remember.
Well. Funnily enough.
Spoiler: I've been doing that the entire game.
In post 485, mastina wrote:
In post 439, farside22 wrote:Mastina: what is you scum read on EtL based on?
Everything.
This instantly pegged me as being far, far too serious especially for a meme game.
In post 11, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:However, I would like to know how we gain immunity, because nothing in my role PM explained that bit. I didn't know if I should direct the question publicly to the mod in the thread or not, so I asked via PM. <<<
@mod: I hope this is ok to post?
The rules on this site have changed so much since I last played regularly, I have no idea whats kosher anymore.
Not only did this continue the trend of being too serious, it was also, to use a buzzword, LAMIST; ETL was putting in effort to look like she was being town, without doing anything that was actually town. Furthermore, the asking of the question looks entirely fake, or if there were truth to it, scum asking about the town's role PMs due to not having all the information they think they need.

has her accuse Miss Lynch of trying awfully hard when her own iso is by far the most guilty of that sin. The fight with Miss Lynch in general felt like a forced fight to get early cheap towncred, too, as people are likely to write off a fight of that nature as TvT. It's a common scum tactic for people of her generation; you deliberately enter into a fight with a town player early who is suspicious of you. That way, their suspicions look less likely to be correct, and people are more inclined to think that both participants are wrongly-tunneling town. It gives a way to stay out of the spotlight later on, because people have written you off as wrong-town, rather than scum.

I know ETL AtEs as both alignments and her AtE this game didn't feel town at all; it felt particularly 'fake', for lack of a better word--maybe overblown would be better? In that I have little doubts ETL felt emotions, but her posting here felt like it was overplaying them, for lack of better terminology. Forcing the feelings, I guess you could say.

Everything about her content this game has felt incredibly calculated and precise, with an odd level of calmness. She radiates an aura of cool, collected, precise posting, one of artificial tone.

Better question isn't why am I scumreading ETL; it's why are you townreading her? That's literally why I initially placed you so low initially; your early defense of her felt off. (I later reconsidered and thought it more likely you're town wrongly defending scum.)
In post 495, mastina wrote:
In post 436, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Hi mastina welcome to the game! So glad you rolled scum. Haven’t you learned by now? I know you know my town game. It hasn’t changed at all. You come in saying you’re going to take this less than seriously and then fall right back into your scum game :] saying I’m scum day one has always been your tell lol
VOTE: mastina
ETL, like Saudade, is making a pretty blatant OMGUS vote.
In post 1602, mastina wrote:
In post 653, Auro wrote:How would you evaluate their progressions ans trajectories apart from that?
Incredibly shallow, surface-level reads that lack any real depth to them. They reek of reads that are meant to look good without actually being good--with zero genuine thought progression in them, saying what is convenient to say rather than saying something with conviction behind it.

None of her reads look like they have anything controversial about them. To wit,
In post 899, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:TOWN
Auro
Quick
Vecna
Dave
Miss Lynch
Nero
Alchemist
Farside

NULL
Creature
Jake
Elements
Flavor leaf

PL
5G
Voted
Saudade

SCUM
Mastina
Hoctac?
Ari?
Tchill
The closest to controversial townreads she comes are the davesaz read (and the only thing controversial about that is the strength of the townread, in that it's probably not controversial to say davesaz is north of null) and the Alchemist read (when many people are scumreading him).

None of the scumreads are controversial at all, and all of them are easy reads to hold. Multiple people are suspicious of Hoctac; I am always an easy scumread; Aristophanes hasn't obvtowned himself yet (I'm not fully caught up btw so not positive about that, I'll find out later I guess), and Tchill's an easy enough player to scumread--he's probably the closest the scumreads have to anything controversial due to how he can be townread, too, but it's still undeniable that it's easy to scumread him.

These reads are all surface-level reads that have no true analysis, no true depth, backing them. And what ETL is doing is mostly complaining rather than pushing.
In post 1700, mastina wrote:
In post 1005, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:It may sound arrogant but I have a probable track record of being a great scum hunter.
Yeah, exactly.
And you're not showing it.
You're complaining instead of scumhunting.

Complaining about various stuff in a "woe is me" manner, instead of doing that great scumhunting.

The majority of your posts are not pushing players; the majority of your posts are AtE.
You're not giving reasons for the majority of your reads and the few reasons you have given are largely shallow, surface-level thoughts that have no real depth to them. You're not following through on those thoughts; you're not pushing your reads; you're instead complaining and blaming everyone around you for this.

Which is why I say--if you're town, that's a total failure on your part, where you have every power in the world to have pushed more and done more, but are choosing to blame everyone else, choosing to say it's the fault of the rest of the town rather than your own doing.

But if you're scum, there's no failure at all, because that play is precisely the optimal scum play to make, especially in a game of this nature.

You're doing things that are optimal for scum but are, for a town player, an objective failure of an approach.

The respect I have in your capabilities as a player, the respect I have in your competency,
demands
that in an assessment of your play, balance of probability, that the play that is self-explanatory as scum but which makes no sense as town, is just you as scum.
That's just the instances from my iso, where I quoted posts from ETL and explained why they were scum, why they were easy content that had a greater scum motive than a town one.
I could do it for her
entire
iso, but you're saying I haven't done it for any of her iso, when in fact. I have.
By the way,
farside:
In post 2144, farside22 wrote:Why are people scum reading EtL?
The above spoiler contains a fair amount of my reasons. Not all of them, because I cased ETL off of posts where I wasn't quoting ETL, but a fair number of them, because a lot of the times I cased her I was quoting her post and explaining why it was more likely to come from scum than town.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Miss Lane »

eh screw it
i'll town read mastina just because she's agreeing with me
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

im only "town reading" mastina b/c I don't want to read her posts. Kinda legit hate the way she's claiming to be an EZ read and fully within her town meta.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, fuck this ETL
ate

Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 2669, Nero Cain wrote:im only "town reading" mastina b/c I don't want to read her posts. Kinda legit hate the way she's claiming to be an EZ read and fully within her town meta.
yeah i definitely agree

she hasn't had townie play this game lol it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if she was doing that thing where you just insist that you're town and act shocked and surprised when people don't believe you're town

and since most people dislike conflict - especially calling people out and being wrong about it after getting really invested in it, people won't engage with you

but i don't doubt there are quite a few more people willing to vote mastina this game than have necessarily spoken about it and all mastina's done is quiet them down, lol
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Voted »

Please. Don't hammer the wagon.
"Our sample of the population showed that the mental well-being before the pandemic was much greater than during the rampage of covid-19," - Dr. Elisabetta Micelli
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Voted »

Wait for the replacement and when (s)he posts for the first time THEN hammer it!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I could totally see Mastina going "I'm going to profess my self as town so much that ppl will actually town read me for it." *manical laughter*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”