Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2976 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

On balance, I'm not sold on Vecna and VaultDweller as town. Looking back at early VaultDweller posts, he was very engaged with 2 people: Momo and Vecna. With him having no knowledge of Vecna, but Vecna claiming something to defend him, one simple explanation would be that they are simply scumbuddies. Not sure why Vecna would make that play though? Unless perhaps VaultDweller was Jigsaw? In any case, Vecna should go first, and could be viable lynch, although quite far down priority list today I think...
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2977 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2976, Battle Mage wrote:On balance, I'm not sold on Vecna and VaultDweller as town. Looking back at early VaultDweller posts, he was very engaged with 2 people: Momo and Vecna. With him having no knowledge of Vecna, but Vecna claiming something to defend him, one simple explanation would be that they are simply scumbuddies. Not sure why Vecna would make that play though? Unless perhaps VaultDweller was Jigsaw? In any case, Vecna should go first, and could be viable lynch, although quite far down priority list today I think...
It's likely VD is town, but I can agree that Vecna looks bad. Especially when we take into account that VD softclaimed some sort of weak investigative role (add that to the list). Still though, Vecna is outside of the cophood.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2978 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2977, Bingle wrote:
In post 2976, Battle Mage wrote:On balance, I'm not sold on Vecna and VaultDweller as town. Looking back at early VaultDweller posts, he was very engaged with 2 people: Momo and Vecna. With him having no knowledge of Vecna, but Vecna claiming something to defend him, one simple explanation would be that they are simply scumbuddies. Not sure why Vecna would make that play though? Unless perhaps VaultDweller was Jigsaw? In any case, Vecna should go first, and could be viable lynch, although quite far down priority list today I think...
It's likely VD is town, but I can agree that Vecna looks bad. Especially when we take into account that VD softclaimed some sort of weak investigative role (add that to the list). Still though, Vecna is outside of the cophood.
I mean, I'm basically saying the opposite to you here. On read alone (excluding the claims), VD-scum is very plausible, and if he was scum, clearly the next lynch would have been Vecna based on their interaction. Nothing massively worrying me about Vecna, besides the mechanics point you note, but for VD to be scum, he must be scum, and that pairing seems perfectly possible. I'm certainly not advocating a Vecna lynch on the basis of Vecna himself looking bad.

It's pretty hard for me to imagine a world in which VD (and given the claim, Vecna) and you are both town.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2979 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Bingle »

I mean... Never lynch VD before Vecna, don't lynch Vecna today.

I don't see why Vecna fake innos a buddy here when there are a ton of viable mislynches regardless of who the scum team is, so it's likely that VD is town regardless.

That's functionally 5 investigative claims, all gated pretty heavily, and I can agree that it's likely not all of them are town. But of the three {Vecna/Dave/VD} VD is the one I suspect the least. Why would VD out himself as investigative the way he did as scum. It looks like there's already going to be a lynch on a claimed PR, so it's probably not to cast doubt on true town claims. He himself isn't under scrutiny because Vecna isn't nearing a lynch. It just doesn't make sense for VD to make the play he's making here.

I also think Vecna is more likely to be town than dave, because Vecna has flavor knowledge about VD. Vecna claimed VD's flavor iirc, which means scum has a flavor cop of some kind if VD isn't on his team.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #2980 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Why do you think one of {Vault, Bingle} has to be scum, BM? I feel it's extremely likely Vault is town and i dont really attach it to any other players.

Also, it's virtually impossible that Vecna made up that claim. Vault is Eric Matthews, who in the movies, frantically searches for his son Daniel Matthews.

Vault's real role (or mod fake claim) has to be Eric Matthews, and Vecna's real role (or mod fake claim) has to be Daniel Matthews. Otherwise they would have had a flavour conflict with another player. Also Eric Matthews is a cop just as his PT suggests

The only way Vault can be scum is if Vecna's mod-given fake claim is a 1-way IC confirmer on his scumbuddy's fakeclaim (Vault's). Which i find pretty unlikely.

I think the more likely possibility is that Vecna's real role (or mod fake claim) is Daniel Matthews, and it 1-way confirms a townie. In that scenario, Vecna can be scum, Vault cannot

pedit: Bingle is right yes
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2981 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 2972, Drixx wrote:
In post 2964, Albert B. Rampage wrote:VOTE: Drixx
And just like that, I move to the BM theory of ABR is scum. Defends and plays nice with me all game. Then naked votes me. Hrm.
You've done fuck all all game.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2982 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Vecna has requested replacement.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2983 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2979, Bingle wrote:I mean... Never lynch VD before Vecna, don't lynch Vecna today.

I don't see why Vecna fake innos a buddy here when there are a ton of viable mislynches regardless of who the scum team is, so it's likely that VD is town regardless.
unless VD is Jigsaw, as it would buy him some time. I can't remember whether VD was under any particular heat at that stage, which would be important, but VD would definitely have been one of the 2 options for lynching from that hood at the start of the Day, and it would have been hard to see him surviving long without the claim. If Jigsaw has lots of power wrt traps, possible that it would be worth the risk. Vecna hasn't always acted with care and sophistry in this game, so I reckon it's possible he could do that and get it wrong as scum. Although I agree, it isn't the optimal play today at all.
In post 2979, Bingle wrote: That's functionally 5 investigative claims, all gated pretty heavily, and I can agree that it's likely not all of them are town. But of the three {Vecna/Dave/VD} VD is the one I suspect the least. Why would VD out himself as investigative the way he did as scum. It looks like there's already going to be a lynch on a claimed PR, so it's probably not to cast doubt on true town claims. He himself isn't under scrutiny because Vecna isn't nearing a lynch. It just doesn't make sense for VD to make the play he's making here.

I also think Vecna is more likely to be town than dave, because Vecna has flavor knowledge about VD. Vecna claimed VD's flavor iirc, which means scum has a flavor cop of some kind if VD isn't on his team.
I think if Vecna is scum, VD is scum. Little doubt.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2984 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2982, SirCakez wrote:
Vecna has requested replacement.
Interesting timing. :shifty:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2985 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by pisskop »

Im gonna sit down and try to sort this out.

whats the hang up
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2986 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2980, Morning Tweet wrote:Why do you think one of {Vault, Bingle} has to be scum, BM? I feel it's extremely likely Vault is town and i dont really attach it to any other players.
They were easily the 2 scummiest players in the big hood, with obvious links to Momo-scum.
In post 2980, Morning Tweet wrote: Also, it's virtually impossible that Vecna made up that claim. Vault is Eric Matthews, who in the movies, frantically searches for his son Daniel Matthews.

Vault's real role (or mod fake claim) has to be Eric Matthews, and Vecna's real role (or mod fake claim) has to be Daniel Matthews. Otherwise they would have had a flavour conflict with another player. Also Eric Matthews is a cop just as his PT suggests
We know that scum are given fakeclaims which correspond to their hood flavour (I believe you actually told me this, so surprised you've forgotten). Otherwise, I agree that it's likely they would need to have been given those fakeclaims, which of course is perfectly possible.
In post 2980, Morning Tweet wrote: The only way Vault can be scum is if Vecna's mod-given fake claim is a 1-way IC confirmer on his scumbuddy's fakeclaim (Vault's). Which i find pretty unlikely.

I think the more likely possibility is that Vecna's real role (or mod fake claim) is Daniel Matthews, and it 1-way confirms a townie. In that scenario, Vecna can be scum, Vault cannot
I couldn't disagree more. :roll: For them both to be scum, all that would need to happen is they would have had to tell each other their Mod-given fakeclaim at some point (which I imagine scum did fairly early in the game). I think it's less likely that Vecna is scum with knowledge of the identity of an investigative town PR. We don't need to debate this.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2987 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

it could be:

ABR-GuiltyLion-Vecna-VaultDweller

Although MorningTweet wouldn't like that very much...
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2988 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

I'm leaning more towards GuiltyLion-scum out of all the non-hood folk. Although I'm feeling increasingly willing to look at a wider pool today.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2989 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I will literally hammer anyone at this point including myself
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2990 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Ultimately I'm not gonna fight tooth and nail against an MT lynch today - it's probably +EV for town regardless of flip if it means every wagon on potential scum isn't getting de-railed for no good reason...
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2991 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

i'm glad to have you back BM
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2992 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2989, BBmolla wrote:I will literally hammer anyone at this point including myself
Have GuiltyLion and Pisskop claimed yet?

I think one saving grace for Bingle is that Danyboy replaced out - his scum meta is to collapse and self-vote under pressure, which he didn't exactly do here.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2993 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

GuiltyLion claimed Jill Tuck, an X-shot trap disabler

pisskop no

That's an interesting point on iDany. Although i figure scum!iDany doesnt usually have a mod-given fake claim at his disposal, unsure how that would affect his behaviour
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2994 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by pisskop »

why tf would i claim?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2995 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by pisskop »

on day 2?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2996 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'm probably not moving my vote today unless its needed to not no lynch
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2997 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by pisskop »

Im determined to read this.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2998 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 1776, Drixx wrote:Someone from my hood asked that we not do anything dramatic in the game until they can post, so I'll just sit over here and wait for them.
did this ever happen?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2999 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 1783, GuiltyLion wrote:I have to think the people placed in games is random or based on something arbitrary like wagon position or something, or at the very least decided by scum prior to the EOD. Because it's also odd Vecna is widely townread, claimed info, and wasn't put in a game, I would think if he's town he'd be a decently high priority kill for scum
If we assume scum can control who goes into the trap, then we can giver serious thought to why people are put into the traps.

And the mentioning keeps mentioning 'choices'. So . . . what are the choices if not die or die?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”