OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3100 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:44 am

Post by OkaPoka »

@mod would the infected know they are infected?

Answered via PM.
~Covid 19
Last edited by Covid 19 on Sun May 17, 2020 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
5G Tower
5G Tower
Townie
5G Tower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3101 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:49 am

Post by 5G Tower »

The infected numbers continue to grow
Hide your old and hide your young.
I have come to infect your lung.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3102 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Auro »

In post 3097, davesaz wrote:If they really don't find out that same morning then I would expect that cures must occur before they are notified. That would imply that getting cured is ineffective on people who have changed wincon to infected, which might imply that true infected do gain knowledge of who their wincon includes
I already addressed this; if this is the case, in what scenario would Mafia want to kill an infected person?
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3103 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Voted »

In post 3089, Hoctac wrote:I'm pretty sure someone mentioned they could heal infected earlier?
If you are infected, how does getting cured help you defeat town?
"Our sample of the population showed that the mental well-being before the pandemic was much greater than during the rampage of covid-19," - Dr. Elisabetta Micelli
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3104 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Nahdia »

okay stop. STOP. the setup spec needs to stop. scum thrives when the game is in setup spec mode since people aren't actually hunting them. they can easily participate without having to fake stuff.

we're not just going to conveniently stumble into a game solve, or at the very least we shouldn't bank on that. our mod/reviewers definitely did their due diligence. We should be actually making cases and trying to form wagons here. that's what i want to see.

people actively trying to continue this setup spec convo are scum, starting now.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3105 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Voted »

In post 3095, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 3087, Voted wrote:
In post 3078, Aristophanes wrote:We are assuming players know they are infected on the night they get the virus.
I asked the mod. He said so.
Bullshit. I asked the mod and they said no comment.

VOTE: Voted
I asked if infected know if they are infected. Mod said yes.
The mod doesn't like you, probably.
"Our sample of the population showed that the mental well-being before the pandemic was much greater than during the rampage of covid-19," - Dr. Elisabetta Micelli
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3106 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:12 am

Post by OkaPoka »

im more inclined to believe voted's argument b/c its shitty game design to have invisible infected people so lets just assume this is not shitty game design?
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3107 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Hoctac »

In post 3103, Voted wrote:
In post 3089, Hoctac wrote:I'm pretty sure someone mentioned they could heal infected earlier?
Since if you're cured, your alignment becomes town again. And town are obviously going to win this game because they have the likes of me, Jake the Wolfie, 5G, and Saudade on their side.
not yet sentient
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3108 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Voted »

In post 3107, Hoctac wrote:
Since if you're cured, your alignment becomes town again. And town are obviously going to win this game because they have the likes of me, Jake the Wolfie, 5G, and Saudade on their side.
Changing your alignment to the winning faction doesn't help your faction win.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3109 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Hoctac »

Jake's either trolling or he worded the question differently in a way which the mod couldn't answer.
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3110 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Hoctac »

In post 3108, Voted wrote:
Changing your alignment to the winning faction doesn't help your faction win.
It's more of a morale boost.
not yet sentient
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3111 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

I mean, if you change your terminal goal to starve, then you've made life easier. No one wants to do that because you can't just easily change terminal goals.
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3112 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:27 am

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 2 VC #7

Auro (0):
Hoctac (1): davesaz ()
5G Tower (0):
Jake the Wolfie (1): Aristophanes ()
Aristophanes (3): Alchemist21 (), Voted (), mastina ()
Quick (4): OkaPoka (), 50 Judge Powers (), Saudade (), gobbledygook ()
TrueSoulEnergy (1): Hoctac ()
Voted (1): Jake the Wolfie ()
Alchemist21 (2): Quick (), TrueSoulEnergy ()
Flavor Leaf (1): Auro ()
davesaz (2): Creature (), Nero Cain ()
mastina (1): Tchill13 ()
Tchill13 (0):
Saudade (1): Nahdia ()
Not Voting (2): Flavor Leaf, 5G Tower

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 26, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-26 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity on Tuesday-Friday.

3. If you see any errors in a votecount or in the voting history, please feel free to inform me either in-thread (by bolding) or via pm.
4. As a note, if I'm not around to provide a VC, you can easily obtain one using MathBlade's tool. There's a link to the thread in the opening post of this thread. (Please remember to clearly label all unofficial votecounts as such.)
Last edited by Covid 19 on Mon May 18, 2020 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3113 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:34 am

Post by Auro »

In post 3104, Nahdia wrote:okay stop. STOP. the setup spec needs to stop. scum thrives when the game is in setup spec mode since people aren't actually hunting them. they can easily participate without having to fake stuff.

we're not just going to conveniently stumble into a game solve, or at the very least we shouldn't bank on that. our mod/reviewers definitely did their due diligence. We should be actually making cases and trying to form wagons here. that's what i want to see.

people actively trying to continue this setup spec convo are scum, starting now.
What's
easy
is calling out setup spec which both informs town on how to approach the game, and also refines scumhunting as being scummy.

Kinda cool how you spend a whole post doing this, and asking for cases and wagons, while not providing any of your own. How about you start?

VOTE: Nahdia
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3114 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 3113, Auro wrote:setup spec which both informs town on how to approach the game, and also refines scumhunting as being scummy.
no, it doesn't, and it never has. trust me.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3115 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:44 am

Post by davesaz »

Split decision on what Auro said.
Setup spec can inform town on how to approach the game. It is situation dependent on whether it helps town more than it helps scum.
Scumhunting is never scummy. I have no idea where that thought came from.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3116 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:50 am

Post by davesaz »

Discussion of whether infected can / should claim is fruitless. I would like to see that angle dropped entirely.
Only the mod can actually answer whether they can claim within the rules, and it's pointless to speculate on something we can't know the answer to.
I'd prefer we play the game the way it's meant to be played and not attempt to break it by testing boundaries. What fun is breaking it?
That said I'm not in love with the idea of potentially changing wincon given how well it went for me in the cult game earlier this year, but I'll take my chances. :)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3117 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:52 am

Post by davesaz »

I think Nahdia's position is generally the correct position for town, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's AI to take that position.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3118 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:52 am

Post by OkaPoka »

im not allowed to ask mech questions in thread but i suggest everyone pm the mod and get an answer

jake how did you word your question?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3119 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Auro »

In post 3115, davesaz wrote:Scumhunting is never scummy. I have no idea where that thought came from.
Bad sentence formation: I was saying that the setup spec refines scumhunting, and therefore calling that setup spec scummy is bad.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3120 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Nahdia »

i have been you. i have waded into the weeds of setup spec in theme games. and at the end of it, you have nothing but pages of fluff in which scum can hide. you don't know what the setup looks like. you're not going to make everyone "approach the game" in a different way with your brilliant insights. we all know this is a cult game, but frankly, our number one goal shouldn't be to kill the infected. it seems likely that there are ways for them to be cured. it should be to kill the people who have been scum from day one. so let's approach the game in that way, cool?

But since you ask, fine. How do people feel about a Saudade lynch?

His first day starts with a handful of pointless posts, followed by an OMGUS on Hoctac whom I'm reading as town. The mastina vote at was particularly bad. and then he tunnels in on it to have a "justified stance" for awhile, something scum like to be seen having. then he starts asking for meta on her in case he needs to pivot... it feels transparent to me that it's theater. is again fucking zany.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3121 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Auro »

I believe none of those things are AI for Saudade, and also for certain weak unstated reasons he's a better lynch later into the game. His play is pretty poor on a surface level, but I actually townread him mildly for it - I doubt that as scum he'd just not have stances at all and make zany posts which would only net more votes onto him.

Can you case Mastina? That would be more interesting.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3122 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Auro »

In post 3120, Nahdia wrote:it seems likely that there are ways for them to be cured.
I am not advocating lynching them, but rather identifying them.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3123 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Auro »

I've seen a lot of slots call Mastina scum, and no strong reasoning. So I'm curious to know all of your cases.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3124 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 3121, Auro wrote:I actually townread him mildly for it - I doubt that as scum he'd just not have stances at all and make zany posts which would only net more votes onto him.
Strongly disagreed. I understand where you're coming from here, but there's a line and he falls on the scum side of it. Town who do that come off as "i'm not putting too much thought into what people think of me" whereas scum who do it read more as "i don't want to take any stances besides ones i can find a hard justification for but i'm still trying not to fall too far to the background" (see: the mastina vote, his apparent "scumslip" on ETL which he didn't follow up on)

mastina I'm wary of but due to the state of this game rn I really don't want to lynch someone actually producing productive content but not also spamming the thread. I didn't take thorough notes while catching up so I don't have right in front of my why she came off as scummy. Can look back in a bit.
Auro wrote:
In post 3120, Nahdia wrote:it seems likely that there are ways for them to be cured.
I am not advocating lynching them, but rather identifying them.
so you're looking for people that read as town d1 and then scum today? understanding that there is according to the daystart, only 1 of them, whereas there are 3 scum? sounds hard and also just not a priority at all to me.

-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”