Newbie 2003: Earth [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I'm omw back home and yall didnt. Say much minus joqiza
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Maduisha »

In post 2187, DkKoba wrote:
In post 2180, Maduisha wrote:And now, I think we should evaluate and theorize about the NK. They killed Midway because he was widely townread, I think that's obvious. And I think Votato is the responsible. He was constantly saying Midway couldn't die because he was good for scum to have around, yet he killed Midway to protect himself with wifom because he said he would not die, so it looks like "he wouldn't say this if he was going to kill him" and make himself more believable.
"universally townread"

literally by whom.
By everyone that disagreed to push him with me when I voted him for being contradictory? I'm pretty sure I read other people read him as town with me after that but I honestly don't feel like looking for specific posts about this.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Maduisha »

In post 2190, joqiza wrote:
In post 2179, Maduisha wrote:Alright, going to make the proposal of pressuring Joqiza together today to squeeze tells from him because nobody wanted to hear me out D1 and people don't seem to like the idea of lynching his partner Votato. Joqiza has done scummy shit that I already pointed out before over and over, and he got away with it for free because people were not feeling comfortable from jumping out of the Quick wagon and I think that was a big mistake, so let's get the ball rolling.

VOTE: Joqiza

Furthermore, his fake "consideration" to choose who he was voting was staged and clearly fake. He saw me accusing Votato of being fake with his petition for time and tried to patch it and make it look legit by faking an ISO read. I think it's clear why he hammered Quick regardless of his towntells: he did not want to bus his partner D1 because that's death sentence, but tried to play slightly indecisive so people would think he actually considered it and buy their bullshit distancing.
Imagine thinking that votato and I are a scumteam and I left my partner on L-1 for 24 HOURS. ON DAY 1 LOL I couldve hammered quick at any time and been done with it but I wanted to give him a chance. Somehow despite posting 366 times he didn't even read the game, i don't regret it and i made the optimal decision with the information i had to work with. quick/votato probably TvT anyway II'm guessing I didn't even have a shot at a correct hammer. maybe should have led a counterwagon but i wasn't liking quick's posts at EoD
Sorry pal, but I don't think sitting on the hammer for a day clears you or him. I already said it multiple times, nobody called intent to hammer on Votato whatsoever. He was in his scum chair sipping his scummy tea waiting for the Quick hammer, because nobody threatened him at all. If my theory is correct and you're his partner, he was even comfier. There's no reason to rush Quick's hammer if you can do some theater to look like you're legitimately considering options when you're actually going to hammer Quick in any scenario.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by Maduisha »

In post 2191, joqiza wrote:what "scummy shit" have I done btw Maduisha except not vote me when u were getting wagoned. For the record I checked back and on page 20 when you got taken to L-1 I LITERALLY WASN'T EVEN THERE. I don't get it if you're saying I should've voted you and not Apogee when I was pressuring Apogee, like I thought it more important at the time to try to get a reaction from Apogee, I've explained this a hundred times. At this point I am either 1. talking to a brick wall or 2. talking to someone engaging in bad faith :mrgreen:

i'm not gonna bother responding to the "should've voted push" anymore it's dumb and irrelevant, I don't care if that gets me lynched, I truly cannot be assed to respond to that kind of read
I mean that after sorting Apogee, it makes no sense to claim to have scumreads and vote nobody. And "I literally wasn't there" is not an argument, you could've voted me when you unvoted instead of you know... unvoting...

Alright, if you decide to ignore the main scummy thing you did, then sure! You're not scummy! Wow guys, we cleared Joqiza!
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by Maduisha »

In post 2198, Ydrasse wrote:also, theoretically: if joqiza is mafia, do you think there is a chance that votato is town at all and it's instead dkkoba? dkkoba's hardtunnel on quick was biased i think from the start but i'm unsure if it's just a very stubborn town player or a scum player playing super, super aggressively.
Well, I don't know how these two would work together as scum because it's my first time seeing either of them, but I'm townreading DK based on their attitude and consistency. So, if Joqiza's partner is not Votato (which I doubt), I would explore options other than his friend.

I think a good deal of people tunneled Quick here, so pushing DK based on that feels wrong? Quick just has a quirky playstyle that translates poorly when people are trying to read them, probably to protect his strong scum game or something when people use meta.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:22 pm

Post by Maduisha »

In post 2202, Apogee wrote:However, I'm not sure why we aren't focusing on votato right now. I'm all for pressuring joqiza if y'all think that it will produce useful reads, slips, tells, whatever, but pretty much all of you who've pressured him say that votato is his likely partner.
I'm all for a Votato wagon if it revives again. Joqiza/Votato are my preferred lynches today. I just felt like pressuring this guy for once wouldn't hurt. Votato was L-1 for a long while, after all. But if everyone wants to lynch Votato, I'm in.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by Maduisha »

In post 2203, joqiza wrote:Seriously does no one find this progression of events sus:

1. Maduisha: I think votato and joqiza are a team, so I'm going to vote joqiza
2. votato: I think Maduisha might be on to something, so I'm going to vote joqiza (?? LOL??)
3. Ydrasse: Maduisha and votato bring up good points, so I'm going to vote joqiza

votato why are you simply voting me without acknowledging that most of Maduisha's read is predicated on you being scum with me? And Ydrasse why did you simply sheep them without pointing out this contradiction?
1. I already explained why am I voting you instead of Votato. People didn't want to lynch Votato, so I'm going for my second scumread.
2. Your partner is busing you for towncred and you're bad at acting surprised.
3. There's no contradiction for Ydrasse to like my analysis, she can disagree with some points and still like the push.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by Maduisha »

In post 2215, votato wrote:maduisha, could you link some completed games?
I only have 3:

1987 - Vanilla townie
1992 - Mafia goon
1995 - Vanilla townie
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:32 pm

Post by Maduisha »

In post 2216, joqiza wrote:I was not part of the Quick wagon. I never advocated for that wagon or for a votato wagon lol. I was ended up forced to hammer between those two thanks to midwaybear pushing votato and DkKoba, Ydrasse, and Apogee all SRing Quick. I didn't SR clemency once, of course I was hesitant. Regardless of whether I thought it was TvT or not, if I couldn't get a counterwagon going I would've hammered between them anyway just to avoid an NL.
Yeah you were "forced" to vote between two people you read as town because you didn't push your scumreads before end of the deadline and by then you could excuse it by "there's no time, we ought to lynch someone now."

If I'm shitpushing you and you're town, I will apologize by the end of the game, but really... this sounds like a poor excuse to scumread people outside the two wagons and get away with hammering one of them while taking no responsibility.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 12:20 am

Post by DkKoba »

interesting.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 2:36 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 2228, Maduisha wrote:
In post 2191, joqiza wrote:what "scummy shit" have I done btw Maduisha except not vote me when u were getting wagoned. For the record I checked back and on page 20 when you got taken to L-1 I LITERALLY WASN'T EVEN THERE. I don't get it if you're saying I should've voted you and not Apogee when I was pressuring Apogee, like I thought it more important at the time to try to get a reaction from Apogee, I've explained this a hundred times. At this point I am either 1. talking to a brick wall or 2. talking to someone engaging in bad faith :mrgreen:

i'm not gonna bother responding to the "should've voted push" anymore it's dumb and irrelevant, I don't care if that gets me lynched, I truly cannot be assed to respond to that kind of read
I mean that after sorting Apogee, it makes no sense to claim to have scumreads and vote nobody. And "I literally wasn't there" is not an argument, you could've voted me when you unvoted instead of you know... unvoting...

Alright, if you decide to ignore the main scummy thing you did, then sure! You're not scummy! Wow guys, we cleared Joqiza!
I unvoted Apogee because I wanted time to think and reevaluate what is hard to understand about that. Holy shit it doesn't even matter THIS ISN'T SOMETHING THAT SHOULD EVER BE CONSIDERED ALIGNMENT INDICATIVE

you are literally taking one inconsequential thing I've done and using it for the entire basis of your read on me and when asked what else I've done which is alignment indicative you deflect because there isn't actually anything else. The rest of your case is basically just a narrative of my actions during the game reading it as if I'm mafia, there's no actual reasoning as to why my actions couldn't come from town

I'm honestly so done like I'm just gonna VOTE: Maduisha I truly do not care if this flips town I'm over it. Game is literally unplayable while she's alive all she does is tunnel me with complete garbage and refuse to re-evaluate it's the most stubborn play I've ever come across
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:07 am

Post by DkKoba »

joqiza i haven't seen this from you before.
retired
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:27 am

Post by joqiza »

Idek what that means
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:29 am

Post by enomis »

In post 790, joqiza wrote:
If there is a 4th player I would throw into my above lynchlist, it would be votato
, simply because he seems more capable as a player and there are certain red flags which I’ve noticed. That said, if he is scum he is playing fairly well IMO and he was the first person outside of Koba to actually take initiative and try to evaluate my slot, even if the attempt was surface-level, in my personal experience this has been strongly strongly town-indicative.

The rest of the players at the table I don’t really want lynched today for reasons I’m already talked about.
joqiza, could you explain your thought process how you go from quick not being in your lynchlist and votato inside, to votato not inside and quick is lynched?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:33 am

Post by enomis »

In post 2193, joqiza wrote:In case anyone needs clarification on why I ended up lynching Quick, it felt like the basis for his reads lacked any foundation and were generated opportunistically to push some sort of agenda rather than coming from any natural framework. His main reason for SRing votato was that votato’s ISO was full of “scumslips” when he posted about being biased against using slips to determine alignment. He made a lot of reads on people based on their level of effort but invalidated my own reads when I did the exact same thing. I understand that town can play that way, but at the end of the day I had to either 1. Hammer votato, 2. Hammer quick, 3. Try to gather votes on a counterwagon, and the people I would have been willing to counterwagon I don’t think I could have even gathered the votes for. I told Quick multiple times I believe that I was open to a counterwagon and if more people were online yesterday maybe we could've wagoned Maduisha. I did say exactly when I was gonna hammer by the way. The fact that all Quick could do was rage at Dk and votato and then after I made my case he basically just AtEd me with his "you're all so bad, I'm the only good one here" is what sealed his fate.
I saw this post, but is this worse than "Votato" Red flags that you mentioned?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:35 am

Post by enomis »

In post 2222, joqiza wrote:VOTE: Ydrasse
How did this happen? Didn't you have her as one of the top townreads?

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:36 am

Post by enomis »

Also, should you read on me be "ScumRead?"

joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:41 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 2238, enomis wrote:
In post 790, joqiza wrote:
If there is a 4th player I would throw into my above lynchlist, it would be votato
, simply because he seems more capable as a player and there are certain red flags which I’ve noticed. That said, if he is scum he is playing fairly well IMO and he was the first person outside of Koba to actually take initiative and try to evaluate my slot, even if the attempt was surface-level, in my personal experience this has been strongly strongly town-indicative.

The rest of the players at the table I don’t really want lynched today for reasons I’m already talked about.
joqiza, could you explain your thought process how you go from quick not being in your lynchlist and votato inside, to votato not inside and quick is lynched?
I already have
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:41 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 2239, enomis wrote:
In post 2193, joqiza wrote:In case anyone needs clarification on why I ended up lynching Quick, it felt like the basis for his reads lacked any foundation and were generated opportunistically to push some sort of agenda rather than coming from any natural framework. His main reason for SRing votato was that votato’s ISO was full of “scumslips” when he posted about being biased against using slips to determine alignment. He made a lot of reads on people based on their level of effort but invalidated my own reads when I did the exact same thing. I understand that town can play that way, but at the end of the day I had to either 1. Hammer votato, 2. Hammer quick, 3. Try to gather votes on a counterwagon, and the people I would have been willing to counterwagon I don’t think I could have even gathered the votes for. I told Quick multiple times I believe that I was open to a counterwagon and if more people were online yesterday maybe we could've wagoned Maduisha. I did say exactly when I was gonna hammer by the way. The fact that all Quick could do was rage at Dk and votato and then after I made my case he basically just AtEd me with his "you're all so bad, I'm the only good one here" is what sealed his fate.
I saw this post, but is this worse than "Votato" Red flags that you mentioned?
Yes
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:42 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 2240, enomis wrote:
In post 2222, joqiza wrote:VOTE: Ydrasse
How did this happen? Didn't you have her as one of the top townreads?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:42 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 2241, enomis wrote:Also, should you read on me be "ScumRead?"
No
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:47 am

Post by enomis »

What were the votato red flags?

Why am I not a scumread. I am pretty sure you had me as scum all the way day 1.

joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:49 am

Post by joqiza »

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:56 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2237, joqiza wrote:Idek what that means
The emotional play
retired
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:57 am

Post by enomis »

313 doesn't really explain much. Why are you okay with votato being in your 4th lynch pool despite you reading him as town?

Also, 2220 doesn't explain anything. You had Ydrasse as highly sus before your sheep.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”