Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4200 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4198, Quick wrote:Sorry, keep messing up for some reason...

Nhadia, dave, Jake, Auro, Tchill, Alch, Nero

TSE, Gobble. Ari, mastina, FL

Voted, Hoctac

---Null---
A50

Piss, Blari

5G
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Blair »

Greetings! This appears to be the largest game I've participated in for a while now.

I'll do my best to catch up but good lord is this a long thread already. Judging from the most recent vote count, the preeminent wagons so far today appear to be Quick, Jake, and Not Voting.

I would greatly appreciate if representatives from those wagons could post a concise summary of why those fellows are abhorrent, lecherous scum - especially those of you voting for this Not Voting fellow. I haven't read anything yet but I have a firm townread on Not Voting so that will be a particularly tough sell.

I'll start my catchup with the but Oka recommended (thanks, Oka). If there are any other particularly juicy bits, please direct me to them.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Quick »

@Jake,

If you are wondering how Nhadia got so high in the TR list, it is because there was pressure on that slot. My system is pretty rough until late game. And with this few Scum, it's really not all that accurate. I will just keep doing these reads, however, so you can see how they develop.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 4201, Blair wrote:Greetings! This appears to be the largest game I've participated in for a while now.

I'll do my best to catch up but good lord is this a long thread already. Judging from the most recent vote count, the preeminent wagons so far today appear to be Quick, Jake, and Not Voting.

I would greatly appreciate if representatives from those wagons could post a concise summary of why those fellows are abhorrent, lecherous scum - especially those of you voting for this Not Voting fellow. I haven't read anything yet but I have a firm townread on Not Voting so that will be a particularly tough sell.

I'll start my catchup with the but Oka recommended (thanks, Oka). If there are any other particularly juicy bits, please direct me to them.
reasons mainly should be enclosed in those pages
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by Quick »

@Blair, I am kinda thinking both myself and Jake are both Town, so take that into consideration.

I don't get the wagon on me tbqh. I get the wagon on jake, but not on me.

P.S. Skip my posts until like D2 or so.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Blair »

Damn it now I have to read all of Quick's posts on Day 1.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by Auro »

Please don't read any of Mastina's wallposts either!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by Blair »

Update: I've read Oka's recommendation and I checked my own slot's ISO to figure out why I was voting for mastina.

Unfortunately, my slot was dumb and its reads make no sense.

Jake wagon makes a LOT of sense, although I kind of agree with what others have said about it being a pretty disappointing reason to flip a slot.

VOTE: Jake

As far as I can tell, Jake was pretty plainly lying about a verifiable game mechanic - which might be forgivable if it weren't for the fact that
he also lied about having verified the verifiable game mechanic.

That's so cut and dry that I feel like anyone voting for someone other than Jake not only needs to explain why the person they're voting for is scummy, but also how on earth they could be scummier than Jake.

With that in mind: Why is Quick scummier than Jake?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Auro »

@Nahdia: I did notice the trend of my townreading "active" players, and there are exceptions in both lists (FL, Saudade, TChill13). Not all my townreads are high confidence, and I admit I may be making mistakes somewhere. The PoE reflected my current belief with decent strength! The fact that it statistically makes sense for me to have made a mistake or two doesn't invalidate the approach itself, nor do I think it's naive :P It's subject to refinement over the course of the game anyway. Townread status is one that has to be maintained.

@Nero: I would still think Oka is town. A scumflip in Jake/Quick would lock him town. I don't really see "restricting discussion between two slots" as a legitimate scum strategy Oka would follow. For that to be the case, town would have to have been progressing towards an accurate direction for scum!him to want to shift back focus: what would be your assessment then? It's only a few of us playing with similar pools to Oka, so I don't see that myself.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 4206, Auro wrote:Please don't read any of Mastina's wallposts either!
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Cupcakes.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Quick »

VOTE: Jake

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

hmm? that's interesting
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by Blair »

Quick, go back to voting Oka for a sec so I don't feel like I'm wasting everybody's time when I ask, "Quick, why are you voting for Oka? I read your vote-post but I didn't get it."

Once that formality is behind us, resume lynching the caught scum. Kthxbye
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4214 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Quick is voting in his top townread bloc btw
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4215 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4212, OkaPoka wrote:hmm? that's interesting
Yeah, I saw that pretty much all (or a lot) of my strongest SRs are voting for Jake. I'm in no position to lead anything so I am just going to sheep there because they are probably my betters.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4216 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4215, Quick wrote:
In post 4212, OkaPoka wrote:hmm? that's interesting
Yeah, I saw that pretty much all (or a lot) of my strongest
SRs
TRs
are voting for Jake. I'm in no position to lead anything so I am just going to sheep there because they are probably my betters.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4217 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

~mild discomfort~
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4218 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Blair »

OkaPoka wrote:Quick is voting in his top townread bloc btw
Meh. Quick hammered me out of his top townread bloc once. Not sure what's even real anymore.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4219 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by Blair »

Mastina's push on Aristophanes is good. I'll add that to the pile Good Things That Happened™
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4220 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4219, Blair wrote:Mastina's push on Aristophanes is good. I'll add that to the pile Good Things That Happened™
You should def not read the part(s) where I SR Creature.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4221 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Blair »

I was also scumreading Creature before I remembered I am Creature
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4222 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 4213, Blair wrote:"Quick, why are you voting for Oka? I read your vote-post but I didn't get it."
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4223 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Blair »

There are a lot of bad votes in this game.

Is this one of those, "We're only taking it half-seriously," games?
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4224 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3704, Quick wrote:
In post 3701, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3699, Quick wrote:
In post 3693, OkaPoka wrote:Quick, if you believe Jake is town. And let's assume you are town from your PoV. Do you really think that nero/TSE are town? You think its possible that four townies collectively shit the bed and sided with a lie and none of them did their due diligence?
I think you are being a terrible town leader, how does that sound?
That could possibly be fair. I might be wrong on you and yes that would make me a bad town leader in your eyes, but also you haven't answered my question.
Maybe you are just wrong and not them? How does that sound?
In post 3717, Quick wrote:
In post 3714, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3711, davesaz wrote:
In post 3698, OkaPoka wrote: Jake is maintaining that him and Voted are in contradiction. He hasn't taken his Voted vote back this entire time.
What stake do you have in a vote on Voted?
Because its evident that Jake still thinks there is a contradiction no matter what he says.
No, that has not been demonstrated.
In post 3721, Quick wrote:
In post 3716, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3712, Quick wrote:
In post 3706, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3693, OkaPoka wrote:Quick, if you believe Jake is town. And let's assume you are town from your PoV. Do you really think that nero/TSE are town? You think its possible that four townies collectively shit the bed and sided with a lie and none of them did their due diligence?
That could possibly be fair. I might be wrong on you and yes that would make me a bad town leader in your eyes, but also you haven't answered my question.
I might be wrong sure, but whats the alternatively explanation to my proposed two worlds? The last world is you four all scum.
You are not considering you are wrong here...

All four of us being Scum is bat shit crazy. Why does there NEED to be Scum in that group? How about you explain that... thoroughly.
I literally presented two worlds where all four of you are town or at least one of you are scum. ?
Except that Jake is Scum in all your worlds, right? Well if he's Town, then you just shit the bed with your analysis of what is going on here.
In post 3728, Quick wrote:
In post 3726, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3721, Quick wrote:
In post 3716, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3712, Quick wrote:
In post 3706, OkaPoka wrote:
I might be wrong sure, but whats the alternatively explanation to my proposed two worlds? The last world is you four all scum.
You are not considering you are wrong here...

All four of us being Scum is bat shit crazy. Why does there NEED to be Scum in that group? How about you explain that... thoroughly.
I literally presented two worlds where all four of you are town or at least one of you are scum. ?
Except that Jake is Scum in all your worlds, right? Well if he's Town, then you just shit the bed with your analysis of what is going on here.
No? Jake is not scum in all my worlds.
Okay, so what is the case here exactly?
In post 3733, Quick wrote:Like, the ONLY way I see Jake is Scum here BASED ON THE QUESTION TO THE MOD is if he asked the question in light of being Scum which tainted his answer, but we will never have that info at this point. Best to read the slot based on other things than what he PMed the mod. This is not rocket science... I believe we can figure this out.
In post 3748, Quick wrote:
In post 3744, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3737, Quick wrote:
In post 3734, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 3731, davesaz wrote:
In post 3724, OkaPoka wrote:I've repeatedly given him chances to change his vote and he hasn't, its a shitty response but whatever.
So you care more about the vote than the discussion. Chainsaw perhaps?
I do care about the discussion? He's not clearly explaining his thoughts? He's being weirdly avoidant of tackling his mental thought process and is resorting to I'm lazy, and I don't care as his primary responses whenever there is a gap in play.
That's a shit reason to SR someone as someone who constantly gets lynched as Town for this...
its a good reason to scumread people because you aren't going to win anyways if there are so many townies s.t lynching all the deadweight will result in a loss. And raising the bar gives the wolves less room to hide.
Make your case he is Scum OUTSIDE of this mod PM business and I will hear you out.
In post 3759, Quick wrote:
In post 3755, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: quick

flavor leaf, lets team up
What exactly is your read on FL and why?
In post 3954, Quick wrote:
In post 3952, OkaPoka wrote:everytime i feel like narrowing my pool someone does something to keep it open

no fucking way jake,quick,nero,tse are all town. they are forming a mini bloc of their own and it just feels so wrong
Are you actually VT or do you cure people? Honest answers only pls.
In post 4047, Quick wrote:
In post 4044, Auro wrote:Nero, Oka's larger point is that at least they should be the objects of focus right now and not encouraging momentum in that direction atm is anti-town.
Sure but for how long, exactly? That's something Oka isn't telling us. Oka just wants to lynch between one of us. Given Jake does jack shit until D3, I would say Oka is pushing two slots that are both lynch bait.
In post 4070, Quick wrote:
In post 4068, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 4037, Quick wrote:
In post 4033, OkaPoka wrote:fwiw ive played with quick before and he spent the entire game as town tunneling one player and they 1v1'd for almost the entire game while everyone else was engaged in a massive brawl
What game was that? You realize it's been a solid 2 years of therapy since then right?
newbie 1881
I was Scum that game. Wow.
In post 4074, Quick wrote:
In post 4071, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 4070, Quick wrote:
In post 4068, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 4037, Quick wrote:
In post 4033, OkaPoka wrote:fwiw ive played with quick before and he spent the entire game as town tunneling one player and they 1v1'd for almost the entire game while everyone else was engaged in a massive brawl
What game was that? You realize it's been a solid 2 years of therapy since then right?
newbie 1881
I was Scum that game. Wow.
wait really? lol oops
Yeah... Fucking "Oops" is right. How the fuck did you mess that up?
In post 4097, Quick wrote:
In post 4096, OkaPoka wrote:if you want to broaden the pool of suspects, you need to do some more casework imo because afaik you are pushing nahdia for things im not sure are indeed AI
Except Nhadia's reasons for voting me are objectively terrible and that is actually Scummy.
In post 4100, Quick wrote:
In post 4098, OkaPoka wrote:i am open to broadening the conversation soon fwiw, i just want a few slots to weigh in before we move on and they decide to latch onto other things and not talk about this
Who says you get to control the ship? FMPOV you could very well be Scum who has already slipped but people are too stupid to realize what I was saying and why it matters.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”