Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Blair »

1. Please spoiler massive quote walls.

2. That was a pretty weak vote. Thank you for moving it.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4053, Quick wrote:
In post 4049, Nahdia wrote:though that said, again, im really not picky with who we lynch...
Great. So you are just Scum then?
What in tge scummy-ass abridged posts is this!?

VOTE: Quick

He was one of the people I had as scum in my solve and somehow keeps getting scummier! Honestly. Like this is scum and needs to go, case closed. Or are we going to let a scummy, distracting slot limp through another phase or two before dealing with it? Because as much as I like Quick (Happy Birthday btw!) I'm not down for that.

Ninja'd
ITS 2:45AM AND I CAN'T SLEEP HOW TF AM I BEING NINJA'D!?!?!? :lol:
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Who tf is Blair!?

Saudade replacement I assume. Will find out.

Hello and welcome regardless! :)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Oh, nvm, that's CreatureSlot!

Hello to Pisskop too! =D
- Jingle
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by Quick »

Love Frank. Frank is a good guy.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by Blair »

Hi Aristophanes!

I won't bother asking why you're voting for Quick - you said enough for me to get the gist. I will ask why you aren't voting for Jake, though.

That one seemed pretty cut and dry, what am I missing?
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:13 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4230, Blair wrote:Hi Aristophanes!

I won't bother asking why you're voting for Quick - you said enough for me to get the gist. I will ask why you aren't voting for Jake, though.

That one seemed pretty cut and dry, what am I missing?
Hey Blair!
I don't think weve crossed paths before, so pleasure tk meet you :)

Jake is low-effort atm but I do agree he is scummy.

I made a mental note of a solve with a scumteam of {Quick, Jake, Tchill} based on their interactions a couple days ago(?) now. I think they look very strongle of scum theatre in many places and I could easily see that as the final team solve FTW! I think Quick needs to go first and the pages upon pages since then have solidified that stance.

I was going to do a read of the three in a parallel Iso to glean interactions from the parts of the game I've not read, but I believe I have seen enough to continue this push.
- Jingle
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by Auro »

Ari, elaborate on the interactions with TChill that make him suspect?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4076, OkaPoka wrote:what do you want me to say? im a braindamaged deranged lunatic who suffers from amnesia?
Is this a fullclaim? :lol:
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4232, Auro wrote:Ari, elaborate on the interactions with TChill that make him suspect?
There are a few instances that hammered it home to me, and the active period wo ehich I am referring was when Oka really started to break out in this thing.

Both Quick and Tchill were posting heavily, and none of theyr interactions with each other seemed genuine. Quick calls Tchill scum multiple times but never follows up with a vote. There's almost a joking confidence behind the read too, as if it's tongue-in-cheek because they both know, and I got that feeling more than once over multiple pages of interactions.

I can go back and find posts but it won't be now and may not be soonish either. I'm efforting to stay relevant and it's a bit more than I have time for to go fishing this stuff up atm.

A lot of the Tchill read is heavily based on scum-distancing theater with Quick and if Quick does flip red, as I am confident they will, Tchill is basically confed with him imo.

And like, they would go back to posts that felt a bit more natural and get back on Oka for a bit, but then Boom! It was back again! I simply can't overlook it, especially with mastina MIA and unreadable and Miss Lynch replaced by to become the towniest slot in the game!
- Jingle
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by Auro »

I'm more interested in TChill's posts wrt Quick than the other way round - I'll wait!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

id like to see more of what your talking wrt to tchill/quick about because i havent been mindful of those interactions tbh
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4095, Quick wrote:
In post 4093, Nero Cain wrote:I disagree immensely that we should only be focusing on Jake/Quick but with 5 days till deadline I doubt anyone gets lynched but them. I think my criticism of the Jake wagon is valid here. Still don't really think that a scum Jake who knew that infected know they are infected sorta CC's voted there. It would have to be VERY VERY poor scum play if it was. I mean, it's not really impossible since scum I could see a newb scum go "hey, I'm going to throw some doubt on Voted and get him lynched!" If he's town though he'll make an ez hedge 4 scum and eat our night actions so he makes for a decent d2 lynch. Consider my vote on Jake is sprit and I'll move there when I have to.
It really has nothing to do with that FMPOV. I would just gather that Jake was telling the truth about what the mod told him but him being Scum tainted the question he asked. That is if he is Scum here, but YMMV.
I don't know why this needs to be stated but I will state it anyway...

The Mod Should Never Tailor An Answer Based On Alignment!

I don't care what you think here, you're fucking making a ridiculous conjecture that I would call horrendous modding practices, and I have faith that is not the case! Literally mod-influences the game if this is the case! And IIRC we have been told that mod provided information will not be fallacious, therefore unless Jake buggered the question to no end, there is no fucling reason he got a different answer here! He has not re-asked it or reworded it (or at least not stated so publicly). He has not made any effort to right this. He merely LIED!

Maybe be misread the answer or misasked the question. Then he should goddamned say so! He is being so cagey about the whole damned thing it has gotten ridiculous and almost memetic! If he was given a different answer based on alignment I swear to god Imma be so flustered!

So Quick, how about you come back to reality and think this shit through before talking squarely out of your ass? Okay?
Okay.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:55 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4235, Auro wrote:I'm more interested in TChill's posts wrt Quick than the other way round - I'll wait!
In post 4236, OkaPoka wrote:id like to see more of what your talking wrt to tchill/quick about because i havent been mindful of those interactions tbh
No problem guys! I'll go back through and highlight my thoughts here, but as I say it may not be until Saturday as that is my next day off and I'm going to need time and effort I probably will lack after a long work day.

Happy to put in the work though :)
- Jingle
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 4237, Aristophanes wrote:The Mod Should Never Tailor An Answer Based On Alignment!
One other way of thinking about this: Perhaps there was some information already present in his scum PT and he read it /misinterpreted it incorrectly before. So he said what he thought he knew without actually PM'ing the mod and only having claimed to do so.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i like my zany idea where this was some really strange double bus gambit
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

As an addendum to

Obviously if Scum know more they are able to be given more info. But to be given less or improper info when Town are answered properly is never ever going to happen. And plus, he should be able tl ask "as town, what answer would I get to this question" if this were the case, because come kn. What mod would purposely omit open info from just the scumteam? That's an utter bullshit theory!

In this case it kinda looks like a shade oreo on Jake, where he is made to look towny for being honest while being called scummy for the content of his lie. Impressive really, but also so so so bad!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4239, Auro wrote:
In post 4237, Aristophanes wrote:The Mod Should Never Tailor An Answer Based On Alignment!
One other way of thinking about this: Perhaps there was some information already present in his scum PT and he read it /misinterpreted it incorrectly before. So he said what he thought he knew without actually PM'ing the mod and only having claimed to do so.
Right, and I get that is a possibility. But that's still on Jake and not the mod, as it is being framed here. Quick is essentially calling Mod Interference and Influence and I just don't buy that he buys it!

And Jake could have followed up with the question the rest of us asked, even with a "as town what would you have told me" clause if he had to, and backed down from this ridiculous lie. But he has not.

Quick's defending him while calling him scum is such a weird place to position oneself I am disoriented by it!
- Jingle
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 4237, Aristophanes wrote:Maybe be misread the answer or misasked the question.
And this can apply to information within scum PT as well, no? What's the reason for not clarifying on how he phrased the question or going into the reasons why he could've gotten that specific answer?
Do you think a mod wouldn't allow a player to explore that, and ban it?

Yes, it is on Jake. I don't think it's a Mod fault either.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4240, OkaPoka wrote:i like my zany idea where this was some really strange double bus gambit
I, too, like this theory a lot!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4243, Auro wrote:
In post 4237, Aristophanes wrote:Maybe he misread the answer or misasked the question.
And this can apply to information within scum PT as well, no? What's the reason for not clarifying on how he phrased the question or going into the reasons why he could've gotten that specific answer?
Do you think a mod wouldn't allow a player to explore that, and ban it?

Yes, it is on Jake. I don't think it's a Mod fault either.
Sure it can. I'm not disputing JakeScum here. I believe it is likely. Whether the question/infobwas misasked, misread, misinterpreted, whatever is a possibility from PM or from PT.

I would expect the mod to allow follow-up, clarification, and rephrased questions via either avenue.

I thought that was clear? I'm not understanding where you're going with this tbh.
- Jingle
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by Auro »

No no, I was misreading your posts as an attack on his attacking Jake, the last part is my agreement with you. Nevermind.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

No problemo my friend! I'd rather we go through this and be on the same page than have a disagreement based on a misread post :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:16 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I just don'tget how anyone approached the game with this mindset
In post 4095, Quick wrote:I would just gather that Jake was telling the truth about what the mod told him but him being Scum tainted the question he asked.
- Jingle
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:21 pm

Post by Auro »

That doesn't sound like blaming the mod to me? Just that with whatever info scum!Jake had, Quick thinks Jake had either modified or asked a different Q to get the "No comment" response (accurately from the mod).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”