Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6325 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6071, Firebringer wrote:i want to be someones sheep and no one is giving me a good shepherd to follow
You're not giving out free ice-cream either, so let's call it a draw. :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6326 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

How come you never told me you had your tonsils removed?

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6327 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 6321, CheekyTeeky wrote:It's just not town you. Similar to FF in TM. I can't articulate it right now. I'm more interested in interacting with you this day phase to solidify a read.
And your sample space of town!me is WF, where I was under constant pressure for 90% of the game and had to continuously patiently defend myself for 200 pages?

And even then - you thought I was scum until the last minute.

I can totally confirm this is not my White Flag play, but given that, what else would you say qualifies as town!Auro?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6328 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Auro »

Oh and Masons and Mafia, too :P lulz
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6329 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6323, CheekyTeeky wrote:Are you not interested in this game? You usually have a mechanical boundary you're pushing in weird setups like this.
You might want to ISO from D1. I already did that

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6330 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 6321, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'm more interested in interacting with you this day phase to solidify a read.
I would love to get into my hyperpost mode (on the offense), so I'll be glad
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6331 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 6319, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 6318, Auro wrote:Why, do they degrade over time without fans? The stock fans (for cpu and GPU) seem fine enough, I did keep track of temps whenever I played intensive games and such.
Because the Wattage gives off heat. Basically, electrons move through the wires with causes resistance which causes heat. So that is why when you electrocute a piece of rubber it does all kinds of weird stuff. It's basically because of resistance, but you also need resisters in your circuit or else the amperage from the current would cause the electrons to move through the wires too fast and the circuit would sort of bottleneck on its own path at the same time the electrons are moving through the wires. Think about it like this: Lightning is electricity that just basically doesn't have any resistance. So when you get struck by lightning, it burns you (and leaves you negatively charged which is why people who get struck by lightning once are more likely to get struck again, but I digress) because when the force of the electrons moving through unresisted space, when it DOES his something with resistance it creates a LOT of heat. People are still pretty good conductors of electricity, but they are not even close to as good of conductors of electricity as air is... It's just that with air, when a current moves through it, it can just be dispersed out everywhere without any sort of path. Anyways, it's not a perfect analogy because technically the electrons move from the ground to the sky so the conductor is actually you and not the air, but I just said it that way to make things simpler.
My roommate in college studied electrical engineering. Every night he came home from class and said electricity is Magic. Now I understand
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6332 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 6322, Almost50 wrote:A) No. But you claimed scum the minute you walked into the room (Also AP says he doesn't recognize your new perfume. He's asking for permission to get closer and take a good sniff)
I wish I could delete
Mod please delete
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6333 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Auro »

I know that wattage gives out heat, but my question is: why is that bad?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6334 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6324, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 6322, Almost50 wrote:But you claimed scum the minute you walked into the room
Please enlighten me.
You voted me before you even caught up. That is scum!you 10 times out of 10. With your paranoia of me; town!you always ISOs me first and either come up with what you would think is a case, or you try to engage me and ask me questions before you decide. What you did was vote me and the announced a disclaimer that you would always ST me anyway (so you think you should be absolved when I flip green anyway).

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6335 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 6331, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 6319, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 6318, Auro wrote:Why, do they degrade over time without fans? The stock fans (for cpu and GPU) seem fine enough, I did keep track of temps whenever I played intensive games and such.
Because the Wattage gives off heat. Basically, electrons move through the wires with causes resistance which causes heat. So that is why when you electrocute a piece of rubber it does all kinds of weird stuff. It's basically because of resistance, but you also need resisters in your circuit or else the amperage from the current would cause the electrons to move through the wires too fast and the circuit would sort of bottleneck on its own path at the same time the electrons are moving through the wires. Think about it like this: Lightning is electricity that just basically doesn't have any resistance. So when you get struck by lightning, it burns you (and leaves you negatively charged which is why people who get struck by lightning once are more likely to get struck again, but I digress) because when the force of the electrons moving through unresisted space, when it DOES his something with resistance it creates a LOT of heat. People are still pretty good conductors of electricity, but they are not even close to as good of conductors of electricity as air is... It's just that with air, when a current moves through it, it can just be dispersed out everywhere without any sort of path. Anyways, it's not a perfect analogy because technically the electrons move from the ground to the sky so the conductor is actually you and not the air, but I just said it that way to make things simpler.
My roommate in college studied electrical engineering. Every night he came home from class and said electricity is Magic. Now I understand
Spoiler:

I just pretend to know what I am talking about.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6336 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 6333, Auro wrote:I know that wattage gives out heat, but my question is: why is that bad?
Temperature makes things unstable. It’s why at a certain temperature human bones can melt. :dead:
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6337 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Auro »

I know that bones can melt, but my question is: why is that bad?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6338 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

You know I said that comment as a cheeky “hehe now people will think I’m a serial killer” but Auro is prolly a real serial killer

Fbi!
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6339 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:18 pm

In post 6337, Auro wrote:I know that bones can melt, but my question is: why is that bad?
Think of it like moving parts going wrong. When we are talking about electrons moving and such at the atomic level, when electrons are moving very fast then they are acting like moving parts. So when you have stuff moving very fast stuff can go wrong. Think of it like a highway. If there is a four lane highway that is moving at 65 MPH and it has to all the sudden merge into a one lane 30 MPH road, all it takes is one person in one vehicle who isn't paying attention for a huge accident to happen. Same thing only on a micro level scale.

And that's about as in depth as I want to get with it because this is not the thread for quantum mechanics, which I know next to nothing about.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6340 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Auro »

I don't think you need to go to the micro level to realize there's something going wrong when bones are melting tho
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6341 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:26 pm

LOL.

TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6342 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Hello
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6343 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by pisskop »

And every time I hear people talk about melting I go to this:

beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6344 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 6327, Auro wrote:And even then - you thought I was scum until the last minute.
Auro it pains me that you believe this. I pushed you super hard as scum on the last day phase, along with everyone else because I needed to solve the game before being nk'd or mislynched. I thought you and Dan were town but I was stuck between you two, my team and my own paranoia. I suppose I have enough respect for you that I feel the need to explain myself. I'm sure you're aware my style is not straight forward but it is the result that matters to me not the getting there. Anyway. If you're saying I can't read you that's also what FF said because we had 1 newbie game together pre TM. Also, I saw town you in my scumgame.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6345 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 6334, Almost50 wrote:
In post 6324, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 6322, Almost50 wrote:But you claimed scum the minute you walked into the room
Please enlighten me.
You voted me before you even caught up. That is scum!you 10 times out of 10. With your paranoia of me; town!you always ISOs me first and either come up with what you would think is a case, or you try to engage me and ask me questions before you decide. What you did was vote me and the announced a disclaimer that you would always ST me anyway (so you think you should be absolved when I flip green anyway).
Where did I vote you?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6346 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Play or death?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6347 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 6344, CheekyTeeky wrote:Auro it pains me that you believe this. I pushed you super hard as scum on the last day phase, along with everyone else because I needed to solve the game before being nk'd or mislynched. I thought you and Dan were town but I was stuck between you two, my team and my own paranoia. I suppose I have enough respect for you that I feel the need to explain myself. I'm sure you're aware my style is not straight forward but it is the result that matters to me not the getting there. Anyway. If you're saying I can't read you that's also what FF said because we had 1 newbie game together pre TM. Also, I saw town you in my scumgame.
Apologies. But it was darn stressful :P, and I did actually believe you thought I was scum till the last minute. I'm happy if you were in reality pushing me while also townreading me to confirm that your read was correct! My intention was not to convey that you can't read me, but that it took you a long time to actually realize that I was town then - in a game that I felt I was obvtown in.

Yes, I'm aware of Masons and Mafia as well. I honed in quite confidently on scum Pops (and mistakenly Suji) and began hyperposting/tunneling.

I can't just at-will launch into that style until I get a good handle on the game in some form. As scum I almost always posted in high volumes (it's
much
easier making up legit-sounding stuff) excluding one singular game (and with good reason). I'm not able to find a good point of re-calibration and I'm only confident about some townreads.

Let's get there - wanna talk about any slot?
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6348 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 6346, CheekyTeeky wrote:
Play or death?
You choose.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6349 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by Auro »

I think Oka and Nero are jointly correct, for starters.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”