CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6375 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:41 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 6373, Flavor Leaf wrote:The amount of new infected
It's 2 infected with PK being one of them right?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6376 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:44 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I don't buy that anyone is immune from the start. FL would be a prime target for scum. PK being infected gives me the impression someone or somethree who knows him suggested him as a target.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6377 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:53 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

VOTE: Dave

Or

VOTE: Ari

Either works for me rn.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6378 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:04 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

If I were scum, Tchill or A50 would have been immediately infected.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6379 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:49 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 6376, CheekyTeeky wrote:I don't buy that anyone is immune from the start. FL would be a prime target for scum. PK being infected gives me the impression someone or somethree who knows him suggested him as a target.
Why not?
TrueSoulEnergy claimed uninfectable.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6380 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:51 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 6363, davesaz wrote:
In post 6333, Auro wrote:I know that wattage gives out heat, but my question is: why is that bad?
Because heat makes things expand and when they expand they tend to warp. Wouldn't do to have chips pop off the board.
I'm pretty sure GPUs are designed to handle relatively high temperatures. The in-built coolers prevent temps from going *too* high, and effectively so.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6381 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:55 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 6374, CheekyTeeky wrote:From what I remember oka is ML who was widely townread. Why do you get this impression?
His lamist content :P , Mastina's read, and a lot of specifics I don't recall precisely. One recent example is the solve he's trying to push for {A50, Nero, FL IIRC} which is a bit unnecessary as townread scum. Miss Lynch was her obv town self when she was here, altho I forgot that she was the previous holder of the slot.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6382 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:56 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 6378, Flavor Leaf wrote:If I were scum, Tchill or A50 would have been immediately infected.
Hot take: Tchill and A50 ARE infected, and FL is signaling to them. :P
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6383 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:47 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 6363, davesaz wrote:
In post 6333, Auro wrote:I know that wattage gives out heat, but my question is: why is that bad?
Because heat makes things expand and when they expand they tend to warp. Wouldn't do to have chips pop off the board.
They wouldn't pop off, but capacitors can very well get over volted and pop. Capacitors are fairly complicated (but not like a timing chip that actually counts or something) and I don't know the ins and outs of how they work, but I know they store electricity and can only hold so much until they do pop. Resistors can do this as well, but that is why there is a rating system in place so you don't put too much voltage through a resistor (or capacitor for that matter). The capacitors are the things in electronic devices that kill you if you try and fix your own TV because they store energy of electricity long after the power has been disconnected. They just "leak" power out of them slowly, which is different for resistors because resistors hold the same current both before and after the point that the current goes through the capacitor.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6384 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:38 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 6376, CheekyTeeky wrote:I don't buy that anyone is immune from the start. FL would be a prime target for scum. PK being infected gives me the impression someone or somethree who knows him suggested him as a target.
to be fair, there's a chance im lying because of scum.

I will claim if I ever get infected.

Claiming scum by yourself is always completely legal, isn't it? So yeah, if there was a scenario where I'm lying about the immune infect, and scum infect me, I will claim it to prove I'm not group scum.
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6385 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:19 am

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 4 VC #5

Auro (0):

Aristophanes (2): gobbledygook (), LicketyQuickety ()

TrueSoulEnergy (1): Hoctac ()

CheekyTeeky (1): Almost50 ()

Alchemist21 (0):

Nahdia (3): Firebringer (), CheekyTeeky (), Nero Cain ()

Flavor Leaf (3): OkaPoka (), davesaz (), pisskop ()

Nero Cain (1): Alchemist21 ()

Firebringer (1): Nahdia ()

pisskop (0):

Not Voting (4): Flavor Leaf, Auro, Aristophanes, TrueSoulEnergy

With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on June 12, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-06-12 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1: If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
2:
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity on Tuesday-Friday.

3: I'm now modding this game on mobile as I can't get my computer to connect to the site. I'm not sure how long this will last, but it's possible that'll be the case through the rest of the game. (In practical terms, there shouldn't be too much of a difference. Errors are more likely and vote counts will take somewhat longer to make.)
Last edited by Covid 19 on Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6386 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:27 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 6384, Flavor Leaf wrote:I will claim if I ever get infected.
Isn’t this against the rules?
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6387 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:28 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 6375, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 6373, Flavor Leaf wrote:The amount of new infected
It's 2 infected with PK being one of them right?
Possible. Someone has crumbed being able to deal with Pisskop though so I’m not sure anymore.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6388 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 6358, davesaz wrote:
In post 6190, Alchemist21 wrote:Nero is shoving words into my mouth, not the other way around.
You're the one trying to say that Nero including one Oka post means that he mistook that post for gobble. Unless I've misremembered how that conversation started?
Believing that someone made a mistake and calling it out is not putting words in their mouth.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6389 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 6367, Flavor Leaf wrote:I honestly have zero interest in actually investing in this game.

I am infection-immune, and as long as I’m alive the amount of infected players gets announced at daystart.
What killed your interest in this game?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6390 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

started during my burnout period, and now it's 250 pages in, and it's a cult game.

I'm just kind of here for the ride.

I have been checking in socially, and i read the stuff around me when I'm present, so I have an okay perspective of the game. I'm really just hoping something happens where I can just auto click in and end up solving.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6391 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:30 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 6364, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6362, pisskop wrote:What if youre scum and slipped up by trying to crosstalk to me
Why would I ever do that?

but if I was scum I'd hard veto ever recruiting you.
lol
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6392 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:33 am

Post by pisskop »

i think nadhia v flavor is the wagons of the day
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6393 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

why would it be me? I'm probably gonna be conf town at some point this game.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6394 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:40 am

Post by pisskop »

me too boons
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6395 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6382, Auro wrote:
In post 6378, Flavor Leaf wrote:If I were scum, Tchill or A50 would have been immediately infected.
Hot take: Tchill and A50 ARE infected, and FL is signaling to them. :P
but Piss has to be infected unless Blair's role also works on original scum (it might, it might not, I haven't asked yet) What if LQ is the new infected? His content is way down from what it was earlier this game (though admittingly that started b4 today. But I'm mostly concerned with his Ari tunnel. And he's really doing nothing else.

Like I can understand the want to lynch not Piss but then maybe not being flashy and doing the boring Piss thing is what we should do. IDK.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6396 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6387, gobbledygook wrote:Possible. Someone has crumbed being able to deal with Pisskop though so I’m not sure anymore.
yes, we should always believe everything everyone says. This is gullible as fuck.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6397 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:10 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

woo, maybe this game will some time. I just finished a game on my alt.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6398 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Hoctac »

What's down
not yet sentient
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6399 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6388, Alchemist21 wrote:Believing that someone made a mistake and calling it out is not putting words in their mouth.
I don't think you believe that but as scum
YOU
can't admit to it so your only recourse is to double down. I made it very clear that I was scum reading Nahdia, Oka, and Gobble. You think that I made a case solely on Gobbles. If you think that then you should be asking why I didn't do a case on Nahdia and Oka but the reason you aren't asking that is b/c you know that wasn't dedicated to Gobbles only like you contend. But for the sake of the argument, lets say I made a mistake. What the fuck it the point of not admitting to it? We just got out of a scum game where I did make a mistake and apologized/backtracked. If I was scum here why do I change how I play scum?
I was also joining a growing nahdia wagon so chainsawing one of the leaders of that also makes some sense. The way you are fussing about a gobble post being included makes me feel like its an alch-oka-maybe nahdia team. I don't really like how oka has u as infected b/c he's going to use that as justification to not vote u.

You also haven't really answered one of my key questions.

WHY DOES AN OKA POST MAKE GOBBLES LOOK BAD?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”