Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

iamuser vs gc doesn't inspire any confidence at all.

One guy has 2 votes and the other "is calling people out while not doing much".

Okay.

I have a town read on Hoopla.

Other than that nothing pops out.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:58 am

2 posts*
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:08 am

Post by Blair »

People keep shading the iamausername wagon over IIAU having two posts as if it were a holistic case or something. It wasn't. It's based off of one scummy post. There can be one scummy post in two.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:10 am

I'm going to give IIAU a break, I don't think it was scummy.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:11 am

In post 324, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 321, Llamarble wrote:Well the IAAU one is simple. There are two posts there and his vote is the kind of minor inconsistency scum go for.
GC has a more developed ISO of different stuff, but most recently 305 calls a bunch of people suspicious and disappointing without really doing anything.
We caught two scum in the first 10 pages? Well that was easy!

I'm kind of surprised Reck and Puppy are such wallpaper this game. Not really what I was expecting from either
This is moderately scummy.

VOTE: VP Baltar
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:14 am

Post by Llamarble »

VP is a solid vote; he might be the scum I missed if GC is town.
VOTE: Auro
I'm guessing "he seems a lot like scum-llamarble" won't be enough to get you all there, but I need to be here right now for sanity.

Blair who are IAAU's buddies? Who definitely isn't IAAU's buddies?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:16 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 180, CantHateAPuppy wrote:is this aimed at me
It's aimed at everyone that I don't really know. I mean, hell, folks that I haven't chatted with in ages could do it, too, if they felt like it.
In post 182, Kmd4390 wrote:Random thought I don't get why anyone likes to be a VT.
I have looked at so many of my role PMs and just sighed upon reading that I'm in yet another VT slot. On one side, it's like okay, I don't have to give a single fuck, but on the other, things are so boring. It's kind of why I always enjoyed the all powered games on the View Askew Board back in the day.
In post 204, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 203, Hoopla wrote:
In post 197, Morning Tweet wrote:don't know how to respond to this sort of criticism. Is there something that seems insincere about it? Sure i couuuld be playing a gimmick so i don't have to pretend to scumhunt or so i can "avoid scrutiny", but also i could just as easily try to fake a bunch of reads and put on my towniest face if i were scum

is there a specific reason you think that's what's happening here?

pedit: your intutition is off then !
one of the lamentable things about intuition is converting those subconscious rumblings into words. here's an attempt:

opening games tend to fragment into themes - jokers/questionnairers/wagoners etc. alliance crafting/cuteness riffing seemed like the dominant theme on page 1. i expect that scum upon observing the main narrative, tend to play along with it, as its the safest entry into the game. the continued adherence to the established running joke being an exercise in avoidance. a shield, if you will.
i really like this post. a lot.
SAME
In post 214, Green Crayons wrote:not scum together but this call and response isn't great for either
In post 215, Green Crayons wrote:tbh i'd be fine with just lynching from this pool of people who want to talk about themselves
In post 220, Green Crayons wrote:then only starbuck gets suspicion points
Why?
In post 228, xRECKONERx wrote:@starbuck: what are you hoping to gain asking people a bunch of non game related questions
To GTKAS the folks that I don't really know. This is an Invitational and I'd like to know why some of these players were chosen over others folks that I've seen on site since I've been back. On top of that, a little vulnerability goes a long way with me and I expect those who may be town-aligned to be more forthright than those who may not be.

Morning Tweet! Is that a bat in your avatar? Because OMG.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:24 am

Post by Auro »

If Mr Llamabro did describe his case in words, I would point out the faulty premise that I made that kind of post unprompted, and explain that my change in posting style was deliberate, partly in reaction to Hoopla's push for content, Reckoner's push for concision.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:27 am

Post by Blair »

In post 330, Llamarble wrote:Blair who are IAAU's buddies? Who definitely isn't IAAU's buddies?
It's early to partner hunt him, but if I had to, I would expect at least one on-wagon early bus and at least one off-wagon detractor.

On-wagon: Could be VP Baltar. He felt the need to over explain why he was sheeping me. Could denote self consciousness.

Off-wagon: Porkens or Llamarble. Porkens took a direct stab at the wagon based on IIAU's post count. Llamarble indirectly did the same by bringing it up under the guise of helpfully describing the wagon. :wink:
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:28 am

Post by Auro »

Blair: do you not feel that Porken's pointing out that the posted sample PM was slightly different from his received PM was pretty town indicative?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 289, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 276, Kmd4390 wrote:I don't like the green crayon votes so I'll jump on the counter wagon.

Unvote, Vote iamausername
why dont you like the GC votes
They feel like a wagon for the sake of a wagon. Almost every vote felt random. Hoopla had four votes which made her the lead wagon then all of the sudden starts selling green crayons as THE wagon that everyone needs to be on and says there's town points in it for everyone who jumps on then it just becomes a thing. Puppy jumps on. You jump on. Agar jumps on and now there's four votes and I have no idea why. Every one of those votes rubbed me the wrong way. While I seriously doubt that's a wagon of four scum, I'd be absolutely shocked if it wasn't at least 1-2, especially involving hoopla who I'd otherwise been townreading. Even llamarble didn't add anything when he voted. So five votes and zero stated reasons.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 333, Blair wrote:
In post 330, Llamarble wrote:Blair who are IAAU's buddies? Who definitely isn't IAAU's buddies?
It's early to partner hunt him, but if I had to, I would expect at least one on-wagon early bus and at least one off-wagon detractor.

On-wagon: Could be VP Baltar. He felt the need to over explain why he was sheeping me. Could denote self consciousness.

Off-wagon: Porkens or Llamarble. Porkens took a direct stab at the wagon based on IIAU's post count. Llamarble indirectly did the same by bringing it up under the guise of helpfully describing the wagon. :wink:
Exaueeze me? To what stab do you refer?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:38 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 254, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 252, Hoopla wrote:exciting times. i must say, what a treat for mafia enthusiasts watching along witnessing such a high level of play
I am VP Baltar, and this...is my Masterclass.
I giggled way too hard because all I pictured was:

In post 275, Auro wrote:also pointed out that Starbuck interaction as a "bad look" - what's the association, here, again? And besides, why do Starbuck's RQS and my answer look bad? Is it the mere fact that we're making conversation that's "not game relevant"?
I'm looking forward to an answer to this.
In post 276, Kmd4390 wrote:I don't like the green crayon votes so I'll jump on the counter wagon.
What about them in particular?
In post 291, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Explain to me gc vs iamuser
In post 292, Albert B. Rampage wrote:and use quotes
Yeah, I need this, but just about IAUN.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:38 am

Post by Blair »

In post 295, Porkens wrote:IAUN has dos posts
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Blair »

In post 334, Auro wrote:Blair: do you not feel that Porken's pointing out that the posted sample PM was slightly different from his received PM was pretty town indicative?
I thought it was pretty obvious that the format was different. Unless you think only the VT PM's are different, I don't see the town tell here, feels more like LAMIST.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Porkens »

That’s a stab at a wagon? Can you explain how?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 305, Green Crayons wrote:Starbuck's call for discussions not related to finding scum generates activity that doesn't help find scum. Suspicious.

Your decision to take up that discussion not related to finding scum generated activity that didn't help find scum. Suspicious.

Except the second half of that suspicion got shot when I realized that all the "new" people were responding. So only Starbuck gets suspicion points.
You shouldn't assume things. You assumed what you thought I was trying to do and have been building a case on me about it without even asking me the why or backing it up with a vote. So why not ask me to explain like Reck did, rather than continue on the fruitless pursuit? Why are you so hellbent on not interacting with me and having a conversation, rather than throw shade?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Blair »

The reason for my IIAU vote, for those who were asking:
In post 244, Blair wrote:
In post 201, iamausername wrote:
In post 187, Hoopla wrote:[Llama's] reads roughly mirror what i am seeing - especially at the extremes.
+
In post 187, Hoopla wrote:i don't think abr's opening is suspicious for him. he's a polarising character that is always going to attempt to reinvent the wheel in some way or another early in the game, and probably as either alignment.
is odd, when one of Llama's 'extremes' is that ABR is the scummiest player.

alright, i'm in.

VOTE: Hoopla
This feels a bit disingenuous to me. Hoopla can agree with ABR being scummy while also believing his opening was NAI.

Also liking Hoopla's posts so far, so:

UNVOTE: Hoopla
VOTE: iamausername
In post 245, Blair wrote:To add on to that, I broadly find that when someone claims they have caught somebody being inconsistent, but the inconsistent statements coexist in the same exact post, it's more often a bad faith reading of thecpost than a genuine scum-contradiction.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:43 am

Post by Starbuck »

Also, KMD, I see your response to Reck above. No need to repeat yourself.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Blair »

In post 340, Porkens wrote:That’s a stab at a wagon? Can you explain how?
A stab as in an attack, not a stab as in an attempt
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 338, Blair wrote:
In post 295, Porkens wrote:IAUN has dos posts
To be fair, UT has 4 and AGar has 5.

I don't care for policy lynches. I may have back in the day, but not so much now. Too many scum can hide in that and to push a policy doesn't really come off as pro-town.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 341, Starbuck wrote:
In post 305, Green Crayons wrote:Starbuck's call for discussions not related to finding scum generates activity that doesn't help find scum. Suspicious.

Your decision to take up that discussion not related to finding scum generated activity that didn't help find scum. Suspicious.

Except the second half of that suspicion got shot when I realized that all the "new" people were responding. So only Starbuck gets suspicion points.
You shouldn't assume things. You assumed what you thought I was trying to do and have been building a case on me about it without even asking me the why or backing it up with a vote. So why not ask me to explain like Reck did, rather than continue on the fruitless pursuit? Why are you so hellbent on not interacting with me and having a conversation, rather than throw shade?
Your exaggerated windup to a GC vote is pretty blatant.

- "building a case" was me noting an early D1 suspicion, that auro asked me to restate and explain. a suspicion I'm so won over by that Llama criticized me for *not* voting you over it.

- "why not ask me to explain like Reck did" --> lol why would I repeat Reck's question?

- "Why are you so hellbent on not interacting with me and having a conversation, rather than throw shade? --> there's nothing to have a conversation over. You created an empty calorie discussion point. It makes you look busy without contributing to scum hunting. That's worthy of suspicion, minor as it might be, and I voiced it.

But, really? "hellbent" "throw shade"

My goodness we're sensitive to the slightest suspicion. VOTE: Starbuck
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 329, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 324, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 321, Llamarble wrote:Well the IAAU one is simple. There are two posts there and his vote is the kind of minor inconsistency scum go for.
GC has a more developed ISO of different stuff, but most recently 305 calls a bunch of people suspicious and disappointing without really doing anything.
We caught two scum in the first 10 pages? Well that was easy!

I'm kind of surprised Reck and Puppy are such wallpaper this game. Not really what I was expecting from either
This is moderately scummy.

VOTE: VP Baltar
idgi

is Baltar buddying me? :shifty:
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:57 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 333, Blair wrote:
In post 330, Llamarble wrote: Off-wagon: Porkens or Llamarble. Porkens took a direct stab at the wagon based on IIAU's post count. Llamarble indirectly did the same by bringing it up under the guise of helpfully describing the wagon. :wink:
Agree with VP + IAAU (I think if it's not GC, those two + Reck + Auro is best)
My pointing out there are two posts here was more along "IAAU has 2 posts and therefore the basis of the wagon on him on him is simple - one of the two posts votes the kind of minor inconsistency scum like" lines than "IAAU is scummy because he has 2 posts."
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:57 am

Post by Green Crayons »

You should know better than to do associative suspicions on page 14.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”