Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 395, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 390, Starbuck wrote:The whole thing about voting IAUN for only having 2 posts, but simultaneously ignoring UT and AGar. All 3 have less posts than the mod, but it's still early Day 1-ish, so I don't get it.
can you quote blair making this accusation
Post 338. Like I said above. She just straight quoted Porkens. I took that as agreement despite what she said earlier and the requoted reasoning. I see her explanation just above in the pedit, so that makes more sense now.

Reading through her ISO, though, I'm bothered by the posts when Reck or Llamarble voted for someone other than IAUN and her telling them they were voting for the wrong person. I just don't think that adds to discussion. You aren't going to shame people onto the wagon that you want to see happen.

I see similarities between the way that she's approaching IAUN with how GC is approaching me. Just talking about someone without talking to the actual person, especially after only 2 posts in the game. She didn't ask IAUN to explain themselves, she just made an assumption and went with it. What happened to actually investigating and talking to those you suspect?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 333, Blair wrote:On-wagon: Could be VP Baltar. He felt the need to over explain why he was sheeping me. Could denote self consciousness.
I stan you and this is your response! rude af

unvote

In post 348, Llamarble wrote:Agree with VP + IAAU (I think if it's not GC, those two + Reck + Auro is best)
I got to say, I find this fringing on the point of silly and distracting.

In post 355, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 324, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 321, Llamarble wrote:Well the IAAU one is simple. There are two posts there and his vote is the kind of minor inconsistency scum go for.
GC has a more developed ISO of different stuff, but most recently 305 calls a bunch of people suspicious and disappointing without really doing anything.
We caught two scum in the first 10 pages? Well that was easy!

I'm kind of surprised Reck and Puppy are such wallpaper this game. Not really what I was expecting from either
im lurking, mafia philosophy is kinda boring and i don't feel like inventing some strong takes so i can effortpost with the big boys
^Town response.
In post 364, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 356, Starbuck wrote:I didn't create any sort of "empty calorie" discussion. The fact that you are assuming my motives without talking to me makes you look like an ass, not me.
not sure how you could see this as a personal sleight (that I'm somehow calling you an ass?), so inclined to think this is manufactured
This fight does strike me as odd.

Starbuck, do you find GC scummy or just irritating?
In post 368, xRECKONERx wrote:i'll have you know some wallpaper is fucking beautiful
If i could put a face with a wall, it would be yours <3
In post 379, Auro wrote:UNVOTE:
huh? explain.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:45 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 401, Starbuck wrote:
In post 395, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 390, Starbuck wrote:The whole thing about voting IAUN for only having 2 posts, but simultaneously ignoring UT and AGar. All 3 have less posts than the mod, but it's still early Day 1-ish, so I don't get it.
can you quote blair making this accusation
Post 338. Like I said above. She just straight quoted Porkens. I took that as agreement despite what she said earlier and the requoted reasoning. I see her explanation just above in the pedit, so that makes more sense now.

Reading through her ISO, though, I'm bothered by the posts when Reck or Llamarble voted for someone other than IAUN and her telling them they were voting for the wrong person. I just don't think that adds to discussion. You aren't going to shame people onto the wagon that you want to see happen.

I see similarities between the way that she's approaching IAUN with how GC is approaching me. Just talking about someone without talking to the actual person, especially after only 2 posts in the game. She didn't ask IAUN to explain themselves, she just made an assumption and went with it. What happened to actually investigating and talking to those you suspect?
i ask because (like blair says) your take on her wagon is so uncharitable that i manly just wanna know why

why is "making an assumption" about IAUN scummy in this case? if you were blair and made posts and wouldn't it be weirder to cast shade and not vote than vote?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Auro »

In post 402, VP Baltar wrote:huh? explain.
I gut-townread Green Crayons from his posts.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:47 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

vpb feels a lot more unguarded than his last scum game, feels a lot more unfiltered, minor town read
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 404, Auro wrote:
In post 402, VP Baltar wrote:huh? explain.
I gut-townread Green Crayons from his posts.
You're gonna have to do better than that.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Auro »

I have more articulate reads for other slots
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Auro »

Do you want to talk about any of my other reads I've given reasons for?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:05 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 396, iamausername wrote:her outrage at any suggestion that this might not be the most useful thing to be doing doesn't feel forced.
Outrage is a strong word. Like there's a lot of harsh adjectives being used concerning me and that's not how I feel at all.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:06 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 402, VP Baltar wrote:Starbuck, do you find GC scummy or just irritating?
Irritating. Hence, no vote.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 403, CantHateAPuppy wrote:why is "making an assumption" about IAUN scummy in this case? if you were blair and made posts 244 and 245 wouldn't it be weirder to cast shade and not vote than vote?
I just think assumptions aren't a good premise for scumhunting. It may be a playstyle difference. I feel it's more town to ask someone to elaborate than to just put words in their mouth and cause a ruckus when your concerns could be addressed fairly easily if you ask. Accompany those questions with a vote, absolutely, but the lack of questions is more concerning to me than the vote itself.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Auro »

What's your read on me, Starbuck?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Blair »

IIAU voted for Hoopla for supposedly contradicting herself via two statements within the very same post.

Given that even scum can easily manage to remain internally consistent long enough to finish a single post and click submit, I determined it was a bad-faith reading.

There really is no good response to that accusation for IIAU, so I didn't ask for one.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:23 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 373, Auro wrote:
In post 370, farside22 wrote:Thats pretty weak. I remember you as TH having some good views and then in animal upick you hydra in that and pushed scum reads there as well.
Which parts of my views are bad? Just the view that "adding momentum to a growing wagon on early D1 is good", or any of my townreads, or anything else?

I was a lurker in Animal U-Pick: I called out at least two scum and voted them, but didn't really attempt to gain wagons on either. Do you disagree with this assessment of my play there?
In post 381, Green Crayons wrote:i mean, UT is late to the party, but he's voicing the same suspicion, just not directed at anyone specifically:

In post 359, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 355, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 324, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 321, Llamarble wrote:Well the IAAU one is simple. There are two posts there and his vote is the kind of minor inconsistency scum go for.
GC has a more developed ISO of different stuff, but most recently 305 calls a bunch of people suspicious and disappointing without really doing anything.
We caught two scum in the first 10 pages? Well that was easy!

I'm kind of surprised Reck and Puppy are such wallpaper this game. Not really what I was expecting from either
im lurking, mafia philosophy is kinda boring and i don't feel like inventing some strong takes so i can effortpost with the big boys
I'll tell you a secret: a lot of times when people post a lot of words it's because they have nothing to say :o

there's a fine line to walk between explanation and obfuscation. a lot of the previous pages falls into the latter category

tbf, I think UT's invocation of the suspicion is actually suspicious in itself because of how unobtrusive it is.
In post 390, Starbuck wrote:
In post 380, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 376, Starbuck wrote:UNVOTE: xRECKONERx
VOTE: Blair

I'm still not liking that policy push.
Sorry, which policy push from Blair? The game is a bit of a haze.
The whole thing about voting IAUN for only having 2 posts, but simultaneously ignoring UT and AGar. All 3 have less posts than the mod, but it's still early Day 1-ish, so I don't get it.
In post 393, Starbuck wrote:
In post 389, Blair wrote:
In post 376, Starbuck wrote:UNVOTE: xRECKONERx
VOTE: Blair

I'm still not liking that policy push.
My vote on IIAU is pretty clearly not a policy push. You have me confused with someone else.
How is Post 338 not policy?
In post 397, Llamarble wrote:She voted IAAU because IAAU based their vote on the kind of dubious inconsistency scum tend to base their votes on.

Now I get why Blair was frustrated...
In post 411, Starbuck wrote:
In post 403, CantHateAPuppy wrote:why is "making an assumption" about IAUN scummy in this case? if you were blair and made posts 244 and 245 wouldn't it be weirder to cast shade and not vote than vote?
I just think assumptions aren't a good premise for scumhunting. It may be a playstyle difference. I feel it's more town to ask someone to elaborate than to just put words in their mouth and cause a ruckus when your concerns could be addressed fairly easily if you ask. Accompany those questions with a vote, absolutely, but the lack of questions is more concerning to me than the vote itself.
I could name about 3 or 4 other players doing just that. I don't see it as a reason to scum read a player. Even Iam said his vote was bad, sooooo????
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:26 am

Post by farside22 »

Sigh. One day I will commit to preview post.
I had a lot more to say and just lost focus.

Auro: I recall in the game you were pushing chemist day 1 pretty hard. I recall the vote on votato as well but you had reasons I thought for each of those pushes. Not lol wagon ho.
So of the quotes above where already responding to my thoughts toward SB with llama's post 397
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Auro »

In post 414, farside22 wrote:I could name about 3 or 4 other players doing just that. I don't see it as a reason to scum read a player. Even Iam said his vote was bad, sooooo????
:?:
Adding to the momentum of a wagon early D1 doesn't need me to necessarily scumread the person, no?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 384, Untrod Tripod wrote:here's one: Reck saying "oh, UT is probably scum here", me saying "yeah but I'll NK you later bb" and them him saying "okay I'll leave UT alone til Day 3" is the dance we do when we're both town or both scum

lynch one of us to find out which it is!

spoiler alert:
we're both town

oh no, you have me doing self-meta. bad UT.
In post 385, xRECKONERx wrote:meta is fucking garbage

now you're def scum
Get a room.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:30 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 416, Auro wrote:
In post 414, farside22 wrote:I could name about 3 or 4 other players doing just that. I don't see it as a reason to scum read a player. Even Iam said his vote was bad, sooooo????
Adding to the momentum of a wagon early D1 doesn't need me to necessarily scumread the person, no?
That's not the same thing SB is talking about. SB is talking about blair's push on IAM without asking questions.
I still have no clue why you think GC is scum.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Auro »

In post 415, farside22 wrote:Auro: I recall in the game you were pushing chemist day 1 pretty hard. I recall the vote on votato as well but you had reasons I thought for each of those pushes. Not lol wagon ho.
I wasn't pushing Chemist, just Mastina and Votato.

I can show many instances where I join in growing wagons just to see what happens, though. I view votes as more than just expressions of thought.
farside22 wrote:
In post 416, Auro wrote:
That's not the same thing SB is talking about. SB is talking about blair's push on IAM without asking questions.
I still have no clue why you think GC is scum.
I am not talking about SB or Blair, just my vote.
I townread GC now, after some further thought.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Blair »

In post 419, Auro wrote:I am not talking about SB or Blair, just my vote.
You should be, though.

Really everyone should be talking about this bad-faith argument SB is making. They pretty clearly skimmed just enough of the thread to pick up on something they thought they could push without exerting even minimal effort to actually understand the posts they were shading.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:37 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 411, Starbuck wrote:
but your vote on blair didn't come with any questions either
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Auro »

In post 420, Blair wrote:Really everyone should be talking about this bad-faith argument SB is making. They pretty clearly skimmed just enough of the thread to pick up on something they thought they could push without exerting even minimal effort to actually understand the posts they were shading.
I don't read it as bad-faith. I townread both of you as priors and I'll review your engagement once it concludes.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 417, Porkens wrote:
In post 384, Untrod Tripod wrote:here's one: Reck saying "oh, UT is probably scum here", me saying "yeah but I'll NK you later bb" and them him saying "okay I'll leave UT alone til Day 3" is the dance we do when we're both town or both scum

lynch one of us to find out which it is!

spoiler alert:
we're both town

oh no, you have me doing self-meta. bad UT.
In post 385, xRECKONERx wrote:meta is fucking garbage

now you're def scum
Get a room.
can't. we don't have a PT like you do :(
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 412, Auro wrote:What's your read on me, Starbuck?
I'm leaning town-ish. I appreciated you running through a list of abbreviations like you thought I was nearing like 55, rather than just turning 35 (it made me laugh). You seem pretty bright and bubbly and I dig that, as so many games can get downright harsh and mean. I also appreciated that you didn't hold back from answering my RQS, regardless of how others are now twisting it to be a "call and response." That felt genuine like you were actually excited that someone asked.

I guess the only thing that kinda bothers me is that you seeming to be flooding the thread way more than the 16 other people that you're playing with. That could just be you as a person, though, but I feel like I'm lost in some of the discussions because the pages are flying by real fast and I'll have to go back to do some re-reading and ISOs to get a better feel on a good chunk of folks.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”